Author's Chapter Notes:

new chapter! thanks for the reviews! keep em coming <33

Jennifer's POV

Hearing that my daughter was lukemia free, was the greatest moment of my entire life, well except for when I had her. Justin had been by my side the entire time, and I could not have asked for a better boyfriend. I was so thankful for everything he has done for me and my daughter and I was finally ready to tell him how I felt.

All my life, I had always wondered why things had gone wrong in my life. Then when I was with Andrew, I felt that things were finally looking up for me, when I got pregnant and he left me I had never felt more alone. I had my family for support but it seemed I would never find love again.

Love. It's a funny word. Love has its way of messing with you sometimes. It can make you blind. When you think you know someone, as I thought I did with Andrew. I saw him as a wonderful person who  cared about me, until he showed me differently. Justin was completely different, he had showed me time and again that when things got hard, he was not going to leave my side. I have fallen head over heels in love with him, and he has no idea.

I sometimes think to myself at night, wondering if he feels the same. I know he does care about me, and my daughter as well but as far as being in love, I'm not sure. I try not to get my hopes up because I can't risk having another heart break. Thankfully, for Madison she has never known her birth father so hasn't had to suffer the pain of losing him. That day in the park I saw the look of fear in her eyes, she knew he wasn't someone to be trusted. My daughter is incredibly smart about that. I just hoped Andrew would stay away.

I looked over at Justin as he drove us home, studying his features, the way his eyes crinkles when he smiled at me and his eyes lit up. He was gorgeous inside and out. How did I get so lucky?

Justin caught me watching him, and smiled over at me. "Whatcha looking at?"

"You." I said with a smirk.

"Yeah you can't help looking at this handsome face can you?" he asked with a wink.

I smacked his arm with a laugh, "Oh shut up." I said as we pulled into the driveway.

"Madison, baby we're home." I whispered, gently shaking her.

Groggily, she opened her eyes. "We home?" she asked.

"Yeah Maddie, You ready to have that party?" Justin asked enthuastically.

Madison perked up a little bit and gave a sleepy smile. I had hoped she would nap for a little bit longer, but I wasn't going to hold my breath on that one.

Later that night the three of us ordered some pizza and scafed down icecream. It was an enjoyable evening. My mother had come over when she found out the good news. I was a bit nervous, as it was the first time she was going to meet Justin, but much to my relief she was very impressed with him.

I smiled as I watched Justin crawl around the floor with Madison as she giggled, trying to get away from him.

"He's good to her." My mother whispered to me as she smiled at the two.

"He's amazing mom. We're so lucky to have him." I said with a blissful sigh.

"Do you love him?" she asked suddenly.

I turned, not expecting that question. I looked my mom in the eyes, I could never hide anything from her and she knew it. I didn't even have time to answer before she smiled.

"You do, don't you?"

I simply nodded. Hearing Madison shriek, it snapped me out of the daze I had gotten into. I turn to where Madison was and laughed as we watched Justin toss Madison in the air with a chuckle. Madison squealed with laughter when Justin lowered her, attacking her with kisses all over and tickling her sides.

"Jusssssssssssin!" she squealed happily, as she kicked in his arms.

"Mmmm Madison your so delcious" Justin growled plafully as he pretended to gobble her up, a louder shriek coming from her.

My mom and I laughed as we watched the two play on the floor. My mother stood up kissing my forhead. She polietly said her goodbyes, leaving the three of us.

"Okay Miss Maddie, I think it's time for someones bed time." I said standing up and making my way over to the two.

"Noooo." Madison whined as she sat on Justin's stomach.

"Yeeeeees!" I said in the same town, bending down til we were nose to nose. "It's bed time."

"NO!" she screamed and begin to kick, nearly kicking Justin.

My face grew stern as I crossed my arms. "Madison Grace. Now that is enough. You almost hurt Justin. Now come here." I said holding out my arms, but in typical Madison fashion she sat there pouting.

Justin smiled at up at me, watching the scene before him. "I can put her to bed." he said standing up, with Madison clinging to him tightly.

I sighed. "Are you sure?" I didn't want him to feel obligated.

"I don't mind, really. I'll put her to bed and then we'll have our own time." he said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I giggled and let out a sigh. "Alright, I'll wait out here. Madison, give mommy night night kisses."

Madison obliged, puckering her lips as Justin leaned her down to meet mine. "Thank you baby. I love you." said stroking her cheek gently.

"Wuv You." she answered back as Justin carried her into her room.

Making my way over the couch, I sat down waiting for Justin to come back from putting Madison to bed.

"Hey You." I heard Justin whisper as he sat down beside me.

"Mmm hey." I said snuggling into his arms. "Thanks for today. It means alot to us."

"It's no problem. I just hate having to leave you guys to go promote my album." he sighed.

I sat up, and looked him right in the eyes. "Don't be. It's what you love. It's your work. We understand, and I'm so proud of you. I'm proud of the man I love."

Did I actually just say it?

Justin looked at me seriously. "Love?" I saw him frantically searching my face.

I let in a deep sigh, It was now or never. "Yes Justin, I love you. I love you with everything I have."

I saw tears well up in Justin's eyes. I couldn't tell if that was a good thing or not.

"Justin?" I asked softly. I touched his face gently. He reached up and grabbed my hand and intertwined it with his.

"I love you too Jennifer." he answered after a moment.

A huge grin then spread across his face. "WE'RE IN LOVE!" he said tackling me to the couch as I let out a squeal.

Justin let his fingers run through my hair, as his lips gently graced mine. I opened my mouth, just enough to let his tongue in. The kiss grew deeper as I heard Justin groan. Our arms roaming one another. When we seperated I took in a breath. It had been the most amazing kiss I'd ever had.

"I love you Justin." I whispered with a smile.

"And I love you." he answered back before his lips once again crashed down upon mine.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story