Author's Chapter Notes:

sorry for the lack of updates!! ive been SOOOO busy lately. but heres a new chapter!

 

Being in love is a wonderful feeling. Knowing you always have someone by your side to love and support you in whatever you decide to do. But what if someone comes and tries to ruin that? To take all your happiness away?

Jennifer had been having these weird vibes lately. She tired to ignore him but the thought of Andrew kept entering mind, as if he was invading it and controling her thoughts, making them about him. It scared her a bit, but she didn't want to tell Justin. They were in a new relationship and the last thing he needed was to worry about her and her daughers safety.

She sat at her desk at work, her fingers tapping the desk. She had finished her work but had to stay until it was her time to clock out. Justin had agreed to babysit Madison for the afternoon, while Jennifer had to cover someone else's shift at work. That was something she loved about Justin. He was always willing to help out whenever he possibly could and she could tell he really did love her and her daughter and that made her feel better.

Letting out a sigh as the clock seemed to be going backwards she felt a presence there next to her. She didn't dare look up but she knew exactly who it was. The figure there stood a moment in silence as she pretended like she hadn't noticed them yet.

"Excuse me?" the voice finally spoke up.

Slowly lifting her head, her eyes widend in horror as she saw the person infront of her. No. Not again. Please god no. "What do you want?" she spat angerly. She could get in trouble for being rude to a customer but at the moment, she didn't give a damn.

Andrew laughed cynically. "My my Jenny you still have that snappy tongue don't you? I always liked that about you."

Gritting her teeth she narrowed her eyes. "Get out. Now."

"Now come on, lets be civil here. I just came to see the mother of my child and get a simple check up. Is that so wrong?"

The anger boiling inside her, she wanted  to rip his head off but she remained professional but fire burned in her eyes. "Go sit down. The doctor will be right with you." she said her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Seeing one of Jennifer's coworkers behind her Andrew plastered a sugary sweet smile on his face. "Thank you Ms. Bradford. It was a pleasure seeing you again." he smiled before going to sit down.

Biting back her words, she continued what she was there to do. A few minutes later she saw Andrew walk by into the back for his physical but didn't dare to look up. On his way out she heard the doctor talking to Andrew.

"Thanks you Mr. Falcone, looks like everything is all set. Just give this paperwork to Ms. Bradford and she'll get you all set."

"Thanks doc." she heard Andrew say before he appeared at her desk again with a sly smile.

"We meet again." he said cynically. "Miss me?"

Rolling her eyes she filed his papers. "Your all set. Now leave."

"Oh this isn't the last you'll see of me darlin. Because I intend to get joint custody of Madison, and don't think I won't." he growled before smiling with a hint of evil in his eyes. "Thank you Ms.Bradford. Have a lovely day."

Tears brimming her eyes she grabbed her cell phone and called the house phone. "Justin?" she sobbed.

"Baby what's wrong?" he asked concern clearly in his voice.

"H-h-he came here."

Knowing exactly who he was, Justin was spechless. "He WHAT?"

"He showed up here, specfically here for a physical because he found out I worked here and thats not the worst part. He wants joint custody of Madison" she said tears falling freely from her eyes.

"WHAT?!" Justin yelled. "Oh no. That is NOT happening, he's not coming anywhere near her!"

"Justin, yelling isn't going to help the situation. I'm leaving work now. We'll talk when I get home okay?"

"Alright baby. I'll see you soon. I love you." he whispered affectionately.

"I love you too." she whispered before clicking End on her phone.

------------------------------------------------

Seeing Jennifer walk into the door Justin quickly made his way over to her, seeing her tear stained face he took her into his arms, holding her as she sobbed. Tears threaten to fall down his own cheek but he blinked the hot tears back. He didn't want Jennifer to see he was crying. He needed to be strong.

"Hey. Everything is going to be okay." He whispered touching her cheek gently. "I promise."

"I'm just scared Justin."

He grabbed her face, letting his lips gently grace hers. "I know. I won't let anyone hurt you or your baby. Got it?" he said a smile forming on his features.

"Alright. I trust you." she said quitely wiping her eyes so her daughter wouldn't see her tears.

"Hi Mommy!" Madison came running into the room.

Quickly wiping her tears, she plastered a smile on her face. "Hi baby. Did you have fun with Justin?" she asked kneeling down to her daughters level.

"Yuh huh. We played horsie and dwess up!"

Jennifer couldn't help but break out into a grin and looked up at Justin. "Dress up? Justin is there something I'm missing?"

Justin cleared his throat. "Maddie! Shhh. That was suppose to be a secret."

Madison giggled and let out a shriek when Justin took a step towards her. After Madison was in her room, the smile dropped from Jennifer's face.

"I can't deal with this. I can't let him win the custody battle."

"He's not going to." Justin responded back as he sat next to Jennifer on the couch. "But Jennifer, don't take this offensively but I think your making him out to be more of a monster then he really is. Yeah the guy is a creep, but he doesn't seem harmful"

Jennifer's eyes grew wide as she turned to Justin. "Excuse me? Justin he fucking left me when I was pregnant!" she said anger very apparent in her eyes.

"Well that wasn't right of him but he wasn't harmful."

"Actually he was okay? He did come back at one point, acted like he wanted to be in Madison's life, and then we got into an argument and he kicked me in the stomach trying to kill my baby. So don't EVEN act like you understand what I'm going through right now because you don't. Not even a little bit.

Justin's eyes narrowed. "Well excuse me for caring! I'm sorry you didn't tell me the whole damn situation so how am I suppose to know? I'm not some god damn mind reader Jen!"

"Justin, I don't expect you to know everything!"

"Well can I help? Do you need money for the court charges?"

"I don't want your money okay?!" Jennifer spat standing from the couch and storming into the kitchen. "Your throwing your money in my face, yet again. Let me pay for this let me pay for that. I have money too Justin. Sorry I'm not some rich popstar who can get whatever he fucking wants!" she spat before turning away.

Justin stood there in disbelief. "I'm done with this." He finally stood after a moment. "All I do is try to fucking help you and you bitch me out. I'm done." he growled. He turned back once more to Jennifer. "You fight your own damn battles. Tell Madison I said goodbye." he yelled before slamming the door shit.

Meanwhile sat in his car with a sly grin on his face as he watched Justin angrily stomp to his car and speed off. Oh yes, things were going his way and would continue to do so, if he had anything to do with it.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story