Author's Chapter Notes:
new chapter! please review

Jennifer was tired. Madison had come down with the flu and she was up all night tending to her. Finally, Madison drifted off to sleep. Trying her best not to wake Madison, Jennifer tip toed out of the room, and shut the door.

Leaning against the wall, Jennifer closed her eyes taking a big breath. It was one thing taking care of a 3 year old, taking care of a sick 3 year old was a nightmare. It broke her heart seeing her daughter sick. As she crawled into her bed her thoughts drifted to Justin. They had only met for a short minute but he was so cute. And he seemed like a nice guy. But she doubted she'd see him again.

"Oh well." she said to herself before closing her eyes.

The next afternoon, Madison still had a high fever. She was getting a bit worried so she made plans for Madison to see the doctor. She entered the snow white building with the sleeping girl in her arms.

"Hey Nancy." she said to her coworker. She would have chosen a different doctor then her employer but she knew he was the best for her daughter. "I'm here for the 3:00 for Maddie" she said.

"Hey Jen. Dr. Kaine will be right with you. Hows the little one?" the woman asked looking at the little girl in her mothers arms.

"Still not feeling good. I was up with her all night." she sighed.

"Oh the poor dear. Well have a seat sweetie, he'll be right with you."

"Thanks Nance." Jennifer smiled before taking a seat.

As she sat down Madison began waking up. "Mommy?" her groggy voice whispered.

"Hey baby. How you feeling?" she asked stroking her daughters face gently.

"my tummy hurted alot" she whimpered against her mothers chest.

"I'm sorry baby. The doctor is gonna take good care of you ok?" she said smiling.

"Jennifer?" she heard a familiar voice call her. Turning her head she saw Justin sitting next to her.

"Oh Justin!" she said in surprise. "How are you?"

"Pretty good." he said  then looked down at Madison in her mothers lap. "Hey Madison." he smiled at her but was met with a frown.

"Shes got the flu" Jennifer answered when she saw Justin's expression.

"Aww. Poor thing. Here I might have something for you." Justin said reaching into his pocket.

Madison sat up in curiosity to what he was giving her. Her eyes lit up when she saw a tootsie roll in his palm. Taking it from him she gave him a toothy grin.

Jennifer smiled at Justin's generosity. "That was very sweet of you. Madison what do you say?"

"Fank You!" the little girl said smiling at Justin.

"Your very welcome." Justin smiled tapping her on her little nose.

"What are you doing here?" Jeniifer asked adjusting  Madison in her lap.

"Just a regular check up. Is this your regular doctor?" he asked turning to face her.

"Yeah, and I also work here."

"Oh really? Well maybe I should get sick more often." Justin said flirtatiously causing Jennifer to let out a small giggle.

"Would you like to go out to dinner Saturday night?"  Justin suddenly blurted out.

Jennifer looked at him in surprise. It had been so long since she had been on date. Especially since Madison was born. Justin seemed like such a nice guy but she wasn't sure if she was ready for this.

"Uh..well I don't know. With Madison and everything..." she started but Justin cut her off.

"Bring her with you. I'll take you out for ice cream or something"

"Are you sure?" Jennifer said quitely. "Most guys don't like that I have a daughter, being young and all."

"I'm perfectly sure. So, Saturday?" he asked hopefully.

Jennifer gave him a soft smile. "I'd love that."

"Jennifer?" Nacy said poking her head out. "Dr. Kaine will see Madison now."

"Thanks Nancy." she said before turning back to Justin. "Saturday?"

"You bet." he returned the smile. "Bye Madison" he said waving at her and was pleased when she returned the wave.

"Alright sweetie, it does seem like you have the flu" Dr. Kaine said after examining Madison. "Jen, just give her the medicine I perscribed and she should be good as new in few days."

"Thanks Doc. Come on baby." she said lifting her daughter from the examination table.

"I want a wowy pop mommy!" the girl said with a pout.

"You already got the tootsie from Justin." Jennifer said.

"But I wants the pop!" she said her pout growing.

"Madison Grace, knock it off. I won't accept that behavior little girl."

"Here you go Maddie" Dr. Kaine said hanging her a red lolipop.

"Thanks Dr. Kaine." Jennifer said with a joking sigh. "Come on Madison, we gotta go" she took her daughters hand, thanking Dr. Kaine again before exiting the room

"Bye bye Maddie" Dr. Kaine waved at the little girl.

Smiling, Madison waved back before they disappeared into the hall.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story