Justin sat in his studio, unsure of why he was even there. He wasn't feeling inspired at all, he felt like he didn't need to be there right now. His thoughts drifted to Jennifer and Madison. He wondered what they were doing. Never in a million years did he think he would befriend someone like that. He loved kids, but being intrested in someone with a kid? But Madison was so cute it was hard for anyone not to complete adore the little girl. With her sparkling blue eyes that matched her mothers. Her curly blonde hair and her bright smile could capture any heart.

Grabbing his phone he dialed the now familiar number.

Holding a screaming Madison in her arms Jennifer picked up the phone "Uh, Hello?" she asked trying to adjust the screaming child in her arms.

"Hi..Jennifer? Are you guys alright?" he asked hearing Madison screaming in the background.

"Yeah, she just fell down and scratched her knee. She'll be fine."

"Aww. Can I talk to her?" Justin asked switching the phone from one ear to the other and plugging the other one with his finger so he could hear better.

"Yeah hang on." Jennifer said as she tried to calm down the young girl. "Maddie, Justin wants to say hi. You wanna talk to him?" she asked her daughter.

Madisons eyes lit up as she snatched the phone from her mother. She sniffled loudly into the phone and thats when Justin knew Madison was listening.

"Hi Jussin" she said quietly.

"Hey Darlin. I heard you got hurt" he said sympathetically.

"I hurted my knee real bad Jussin. Its a bwoddy and scabby." she said sniffling louder.

"Awww. Well how about I come see you and mommy later would you like that?"

"YEAH!" the little girl yelled into the phone.

Justin laughed pulling the phone away from his ear before putting it back to his ear. "Does that sound good? Put mommy back on the phone sweetie"

"OK  bye bye bye!" she giggled before handing the phone back to her mother.

"Justin. Please tell me you did not teach my daughter that?" Jennifer chuckled.

"Hey! Can I help it that she has good taste in music?" he boosted.

"Mhmm. So your coming over later?"

"Yeah, I thought it might make Maddie feel better. I'll be there in about an hour" He said looking at the clock.

"Alright, well I gotta go put the bandaid on her cut. I'll see you soon?" she asked hopefully.

"Count on it. Bye Jen" he said closing his cellphone with a smile on his face. He was falling for this girl hard and fast.

An hour later there was a soft knock on the door. Madison made a dash for the door but stopped dead in her tracks when she heard her mother calling her.

"Madison Grace! How many times do I have to tell you? Don't run." she said narrowing her eyes at her daughter.

"Sowwy mommy" she said with her best pout.

Jennifer sighed. "Go let Justin in Maddie" and before Jennifer could finish her setence Madison flung the door open.

"Jussin!" she yelled in excitment.

"Maddie!" Justin exlaimed back with as much enthuasim as the little girl in his arms.

"Hows your boo-boo?" he asked setting the girl down.

"It hurts alot." she said pointing to her bandaid.

"Aw. Want me to kiss it and make it better?" Justin asked smiling at her.

"Yuh Huh." she said nodding furiously.

Justin leaned down placing a gentle kiss on her knee. "All better?"

"Aw betta!" she gave him a toothy grin.

Justin returned the smile and looked up to see Jennifer standing above them. She looked so beautiful with her blonde hair falling just at her shoulder, giving him a sweet smile.

"Thanks Justin. She really adores you."

"I adore her too. She's not the only one though" he flirted giving her a playful wink.

"Oh hush." Jennifer joked pushing him lightly.

"You want to go talk?" Justin asked her. When she nodded they made their way to the couch.

"We've been hanging out for a few weeks now and I still know nothing about you, so tell me everything." he said sitting indian style on the couch and grinning at her.

Laughing she let out a sigh. "You really want to know?" When Justin nodded his head she continued. "Well I met Andrew when I was 20 years old.. We fell for each other instantly. We spent all our free time together. But, when I got pregnant with Madison he decided he wanted nothing to do with me and left town."

"What an ass" Justin huffed.

"Yeah, trust me I know. So I was left to raise Maddie on my own. Thankfully I had my mothers help for awhile but I figured I should learn to do this on my own. She does help now and then but Madisons my responsibility. I just.. I want her to have everything she wants. But I just can't give it to her." Jennifer said as a few tear drops escaped her eyes.

"Hey" Justin whispered wiping the runaway tears from her face. "You are doing a great job. That little girl is amazing because of you. She's going to grow up to be as wonderful of a person as her mother. And thats a promise" Justin said kissing her forehead tenderly.

"Thanks" she said resting her head on his shoulder.

"And, you have me. What are friends for right?" he said but regretted that statment the moment it slipped out of his mouth. He enjoyed their friendship but didn't know how much longer he could hide his feelings.

"I really appriciate it Justin, really. Madison hasn't really known a father figure in her life so its nice she has some male figure present" she said snuggling into Justin's arms.

She loved the comfort he brought to her. He was such a good friend, but she didn't understan the feelings that were deep inside her. She was starting to fall for him but she couldn't let him know. He was a friend and thats all he'd ever be and she wasn't about to go and ruin it.

"Mommy!" she heard Madison call, interuppting her thoughts.

"I'm coming baby." she called backed. "Sorry, I have to go see what she needs." she apologized to Justin before standing up.

"No, its ok. Mind if I join?" he asked her.

"Not at all. Come on" she said taking her hand in his, fitting perfectly as they made their way into Madison's room.

"Whats the matter sweetie?" Jennifer asked knealing by her daughers side as Justin stood by and watched the interacting between mother and daughter.

"I sweepy mommy" Madison said rubbing her eyes.

"Aw ok you want me to put you to bed?" Jennifer asked but Madison pulled away.

"No! I want Jussin to do it pwease momma!" she cried out.

Jennifer turned to look at Justin who himself, was surprised. "Do you mind?" she asked.

"Not at all. Come on sweetie!" Justin said swooping the little girl up and flying her around the room like an airplane as she squealed with laughter.

"Justin!" Jennifer laughed. "Your gonna get her all riled up. She's suppose to be going to bed" Putting her hands on her hips Jennifer eyed the two.

"Guess Mommy says we gotta stop. Shes being a big meanie huh Maddie?" Justin whispered to the little girl but loud enough so Jennifer could hear.

"Momma mean!" Madison giggled making Jennifer roll her eyes.

"Thanks Justin, turning my daughter against me." she said shaking her head.

"It's what I do best" he grinned back at her. "Alright, come on lets get this peanut to bed" he said carrying her into her room and setting her in her bed.

"Jussin will you sing for me?" she asked quietly.

Justin's heart melted at that simple request. How could he say no?

"Of course." he said clearing his throat before singing a chorus of "This I Promise You". "Good Night Madison Grace" he whispered before kissing her head affectionately.

"Nigh Nigh" she said then turned to her mother. "Night Mommy. I wuv you" she said puckering her lips waiting for the return kiss which her mother happily gave her.

"Night Angel. I love you too" she said as she stood up and made her way out of the room. "Sweet Dreams" she and Justin said at thesame time.

"Thanks Justin, that was really nice of you" she told him as she sat down at the couch.

"It's not a problem. I gotta get going but I'll call you?" Justin looked at her as she gave him a smile that made his legs go weak.

"You better" she giggled as she walked him to the door.

"Night Jen"

"Goodnigh Justin" she responded back.

Justin leaned down kissing her cheek before making his exit. When neither were looking they both let big grins escape their lips as one got into their car, the other shutting the door. Oh they had it bad. It was only a matter of time before they both figured it out.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story