"Where's your sister?"

 

"Why?" Lance asked as he filled a glass with ice from the fridge.

 

"He wants to ask her to prom." Joey grinned as he opened the containers of Chinese that filled Lance's kitchen table.

 

"Because he wants to hit that." Chris made the motion of holding a head and slapping an imaginary ass of a person bent over in front of him.

 

"Man fuck off," Justin shoved Chris.

 

"You were pretty disappointed when she didn't show up last night." Chris grinned. "You wanted to turn up that Timberlake charm. Have her eating out of the palm of your hand. Then move in for the kill."

 

"My sister's pretty strict with what she eats. Doubtful she'd eat anything out of the palm of your hand."

 

"She probably knows exactly where your palm has been." Joey made a jerking off motion with his hand.

 

"You got me confused with you. That's all that's been happening at your house."

 

"Not last night." Joey grinned. "Got home last night and Kelly couldn't keep her hands off me. Among other things."

 

"You think she'll get tired of snacks and want a full meal?"

 

Joey sent Chris the finger and grabbed the beef lo mein, dumping some on his plate. He sat the container back in the middle of the table and took the Kung Pao Chicken. "I am a seven course meal. Trust me. She's filled. Stuffed even."

 

Lance rolled his eyes as he chuckled at Joey's words. He was used to Joey's crass and vulgar language. His friend was never one to mince words when it came to sex. Always more than happy to describe it in great detail, getting a kick out either embarrassing them or grossing them out. The more they squirmed the happier he was.

 

"What about the chick you were dancing with last night?"

 

"Unlike Timberfuck here, I had her eating out of the palm of my hand." Chris dumped most of the General Tao's chicken on his plate. "Went back to her place for a little fun."

 

"You get her number?"

 

"Why would I want that?" Chris asked Lance.

 

"Thought you might like to see her again." Lance shrugged.

 

"When has Chris ever gotten someone's number?" Justin laughed, grabbing one of the containers of wonton soup.

 

"You know Chris is a love ‘em and leave ‘em type."

 

"Speaking of which. Who did you take home last night?"

 

JC could feel eyes on him. All of them. He kept his head down and concentrated on dumping the remaining beef lo mein onto his plate. When it was empty he tossed the empty container back onto the table with the rest.

 

"Yeah man. You snuck out pretty early. Didn't even see you leave."

 

"That's because you had your head buried in your latest conquest."

 

"Did you see the size of her tits!"

 

"It was hard not to. Her shirt was crying out for mercy barely able to contain them."

 

"Surprised you didn't suffocate."

 

"So who did you take home C?" Joey asked, staring at his band mate. "Was it the brunette in the miniskirt? Tell me, was she wearing panties? I had fifty bucks on no."

 

"Nah, it was the girl with the glasses. I bet they went home and played naughty librarian."

 

"It was the blonde with the t-shirt cut just below her boobs. I saw what she did with her mouth on that beer bottle. Jesus, nearly had me on the floor."

 

JC rolled his eyes. He barely remembered any of the women the guys pointed out. There was no brunette in a miniskirt or naughty librarian. Or the beer bottle blonde. No. There was only a blonde in a faded t-shirt with big green eyes with her hesitant touches.

 

"So which one was it?"

 

"None of them." JC answered honestly. He reached for General Tso's chicken and frowned seeing the empty container. He searched and found the second container, adding some of it to his plate.

 

"Struck out huh?" Joey nodded knowingly. "Tough luck."

 

"Probably has something to do with that caterpillar on your chin. That's not a sexy look man."

 

"Those pouty blue eyes won't do anything for them when they see that dumbass facial hair you got going on."

 

"Fuck off." JC was used to the teasing. Had been on the receiving end from the first time he stepped out with the new facial hair.

 

"It screams, ‘I'm a douche'."

 

"What was your excuse for not scoring last night?" JC asked Justin, his eyebrow cocked.

 

"We told you. Rachel wasn't there." Chris said. "Why do you think we're eating at Lance's house? He was hoping she'd be here."

 

"I was hoping she'd be here as well. Sit back and watch him fall all over himself trying to hit on her." Joey laughed. "She doesn't even know you're alive."

 

"The one woman in the entire world who doesn't fall for the Timberlake Charm and it's the one woman he wants."

 

"Fuck off."

 

Jealousy grew in JC's stomach. He wanted to tell Justin to leave her alone. There was no way he could without drawing unwanted attention on himself. As far as his friends were concerned, he went home alone last night. Nothing more. If they found out what he was up to this week... Lance would kill him. For that he was sure. Justin would ooze jealously over the fact that Rachel asked him instead. Joey and Chris would razz him hard. He didn't want to know what they would do to Rachel. The teasing she'd endure from them...

 

No he wouldn't do that. He wouldn't bring that upon her. Wouldn't open her up to that.

 

"He only wants Rachel because she reminds him of Britney."

 

JC's eyes widened as he stared across the table at Chris. He could feel the shift in the air and snuck a peek at Justin sitting next to him. Britney had become an off limit topic after their split a couple months ago. Justin had found out Britney was cheating on him with a backup dancer on her Oops!... I Did It Again tour. Justin had been in love with her since the Mickey Mouse Club.

Justin's face had gone blank Void of emotion. His jaw was clenched. His lips nearly disappeared into a thin line. His knuckles were nearly white around the chopsticks he held in his right hand.

 

"Both blonde. Both from Mississippi. Wholesome. Down home southern country girls. Both a little quiet and reserve."

 

JC could see Chris's point but he wouldn't speak it out loud. Not with Justin in the room and probably even if Justin wasn't in the room. He didn't think of Britney when he thought of Rachel. To him, they weren't similar. He still thought of Britney has the little girl on the Mickey Mouse Club. Rachel... little girl did not describe what he thought of her. Not even close. When he saw Britney there was no stirring inside him. He didn't picture her spread out on his bed.

 

"Do you have a death wish?" Joey muttered as Justin pushed his chair back and left the room.

 

"I didn't mean anything by it," Chris rolled his eyes as he put a helping of beef lo mein in his mouth. "I was just pointing out that he apparently has a type."

"You had to mention her by name?" Lance asked staring at the door Justin had disappeared through. A few minutes later he heard his front door open and shut.

 

"Well I could have said she reminds him of a previous popstar girlfriend."

 

"You're such a jerk. How would you feel if we brought up Dani?"

 

JC didn't think the air could get any colder. The arctic was officially warmer than Lance's kitchen. Chris and Dani had dated for four years. Their relationship came to a halt around Christmas of last year. To his knowledge, Chris never told any of them what had happened. They tried to pry and get information, but Chris shut them out. Turning bitter when it came to relationships. It was why, four months after the break up, he had perfected the love them and leave them.

 

"Fuck you."

 

It was Chris's turn to stand up from the table and leave the room.

 

"Boy," Lance drawled after his front door slammed shut again. "We should really do this more often."

 

*~*

 

"Did you rob a Chinese store while I was gone?" Rachel called as she stared at the takeout containers filling Lance's fridge. She nosed around and found a container that had a small helping of beef lo mein left.

 

"The guys came over for lunch." Lance answered from the living room.

 

"If this is what's left, I'd hate to see what you guys actually put away." Rachel warmed up the takeout and took it into the living room.

 

"We didn't order that much." Lance said as he checked his e-mail, filling out his planner with meetings and important dates. Making notes when scripts needed to be read by. He made other notes to speak to Wendy, who managed his Bacon and Eggs Productions, at their upcoming meeting. His schedule was filling up with not only NSYNC items but his own as well. On The Line was in post production. Soon it would be released for everyone to see. He couldn't wait.

 

"I find it hard to believe you guys didn't pack it away." Rachel stuck her chopsticks in the container lifting the noodles to her mouth.

 

"Nobody really ate." After Chris and Justin left, their appetites had disappeared. Soon after, Joey and JC had left as well. "Justin and Chris stormed out."

 

"What happened?"

 

"Britney and Dani were brought up."

 

Rachel whistled. She had met the women a few times when she visited Lance in Florida. They were both nice and fun to hang out with. Accepted her even though she was only Lance's little sister. Lance had filled her in the break ups. She had been heartbroken for Chris and Justin. "Ouch. How in the world were they brought up? I thought they were numero uno on the no talk list?"

 

"They are. But you know how Chris is..."

 

Rachel nodded. There wasn't a rule that Chris didn't break or skirt. "He brought up Dani on his own?"

 

Lance shook his head. "He brought up Britney. Which had Justin storming out. Joey brought up Dani as payback which caused Chris to storm out."

 

"Why in the world would Chris bring Britney up?"

 

"Justin has the hots for you." Lance looked up when his sister started coughing. He watched as she slapped her chest a couple times and waved a hand in front of her mouth. "Are you okay?"

 

Rachel shook her head as she continued to cough. Lance's words had caused her to suck in a breath. Unfortunately she'd just taken a bite of noodles.

 

"Jesus," Lance stood and went to his sister who sat in the recliner. He took the take out container from her and sat it down on the coffee table. He slapped her back. Hard. He grabbed his bottle of water from the table and uncapped it. "Drink."

 

Rachel drank. She felt her throat pinch and she swallowed roughly. When she was done her eyes were watery. "What did you say?"

 

"Justin has the hots for you."

 

Rachel stared at her brother certain she heard wrong. Then she busted out laughing. "Yeah right," she rolled her eyes, wiping the tears from them. "Come on Lance. Like I'd believe that."

 

"I'm serious." Lance insisted. "Justin likes you."

 

Rachel giggled not believing Lance for a minute. The biggest teen heartthrob like her? "Yeah right Lance. I know you like pulling pranks and playing jokes. Like I would believe this."

 

"I'm serious." Lance chuckled shaking his head. "He was asking about you. Wondering where you were."

 

The laughter stuttered to a halt. "You're serious." Rachel stared at her brother. "You're fucking serious."

 

"I told you." It was Lance's turn to laugh.

 

Rachel didn't know what to think. Justin had a crush on her? Her! A college kid from Mississippi. A girl far removed from being the popular on campus. The guy who dated Britney Spears wanted to date her! It still had to be some kind of joke. Why would someone like Justin Timberlake want to date her? "Why?"

 

"The hell if I know. So where were you today?"

 

"Touring the University of Central Florida."

"Why?" Lance asked confused. "You go to Mississippi State. Is there something wrong? Do you need money?"

 

Rachel shook her head. "Not wrong per say..." She shrugged.

 

"If nothing's wrong, then why are you looking in to other colleges? You've been wanting to go to State for a long time."

 

"You sure there isn't something wrong with your tuition?"

 

Rachel sighed. "My tuition is fine. You know that Lance. You paid what my scholarships didn't cover."

 

"Then what?"

 

"Nothing. I'm just having some problems with the other students."

 

"Because of who you are? Who I am?" Lance questioned frowning. He knew his family didn't have the easiest of times once the group blew up. His youngest sister especially since she was right in their demo.

 

"A little." A lot had to do with her. Being Lance's little sister just put her on a lot of radars.

 

"Switching schools isn't going to change that. You shouldn't switch schools because people are being mean."

 

"You have no idea what it's like Lance." Rachel stood up from the chair.

 

"You think I don't know what it's like to have people be mean to me?" Lance raised an eyebrow. "I'm in a boyband for Christ sake. You think I haven't heard it all before?"

 

"You always have a million people around you constantly stroking your ego. Of course the thousands of girls that scream your name and throw themselves at you doesn't hurt your ego any. You don't know what it's like to be surrounded by people who tease you constantly. Daily. It's never ending. The looks. The laughs. The snickers. The jokes. The nicknames. I can go on and on. You get a reprieve. You don't have to read what's written about you. You don't have people hurling insults or vulgar words at you. People are professing their love for you and offering to have your babies. You don't live with the critics. They aren't in a room down the hall. You don't go in to the studio or rehearsal and they are sitting right there beside you. Because they are with me. They sleep in the same room as I do. They are next door and across the hall. They are in every single one of my classes. I see them every day. The dorms, the library, classrooms, everywhere on campus. So please don't act like you have it worse than I do. Don't think you can tell me to just ignore it because it would be easier to ignore a marching band playing ‘Stars and Stripes Forever' around my bedroom at six in the morning than it is to ignore the student body."

 

Lance could do nothing but watch in stunned silence as his sister left the room.

 

*~*

 

"You think I should ask her out?"

"I don't know Man," JC rubbed the back of his neck in discomfort. The last conversation he wanted to have with Justin was whether or not his bandmate should ask Rachel out. Not after the previous two days. How the rest of the week was planning on shaping up.

 

"Why not? Is there something wrong with her?"

 

"What? No!" JC shook his head even though Justin couldn't see him. He switched hands on the phone and held the receiver to the opposite ear. "There's nothing wrong with Rachel."

 

"You don't sound enthused that I want to ask her out. What happened to all that shit you guys said about going out with someone else to get over Britney?"

 

"Well yeah..." JC did remember that being part of the advice that had been given to Justin.

 

Best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.'

 

That had been Joey's advice.

 

"Then what? You want her?" Justin laughed.

 

JC bristled. How was him wanting Rachel funny? "Dude, no," he said hoping to come off indifferent. Didn't want to draw unnecessary questions. "But Rachel is basically Britney without the whole popstar thing."

 

"Maybe that's what I'm looking for? Someone who is normal. Who isn't in this business?"

 

"You looking to settle down J?" JC asked surprised.

 

"Hell naw man! Why would I want to go and do something stupid like that? Since when does wanting to date someone lead to marriage? I just wanna be with someone. Have some fun. Not worry if she's fucking around behind my back."

 

"You think Rachel's gonna be different?" The words tasted like sawdust in his mouth. "It will be the same relationship you had with Britney. Except instead of being on tour, Rachel will be in college in Mississippi."

"Yeah, but it's almost summer. She might tour with us. We can spend the whole summer together."

"Then what? In between recording the next album you get over to Mississippi?" JC gritted his teeth together. It turned his stomach thinking he was teaching Rachel how to have sex to get her ready for Justin. The green monster was rearing its ugly head. It shouldn't matter who Rachel turned her newfound talents on. It shouldn't. But it did. He wanted it to be him.

"It's possible." Justin said. "Maybe she'll transfer to a college in Florida to be closer."

 

The thought made JC bristle. Rachel had mentioned Mississippi State being her dream college. The thought of Justin talking her in to transferring....  JC raised his head when his doorbell sounded. Excitement shot through him. He tried to tamper it down. Just because someone was here, didn't mean it was Rachel. It could be any number of people.

 

Half listening to Justin in his ear talk about Rachel he moved through his house toward the front door. Opening the door revealed Rachel on the other side. He placed a finger over his smiling lips signaling her to be quiet. He moved out of the way and invited her in.


"... Dani, Bobbie, Danielle, Britney..."

 

JC shook his head trying to bring his attention back to his conversation with Justin. It was hard to do with Rachel standing in front of him. He felt a stirring already. "What?"

 

"None of us can keep a girl." Justin repeated. "This has been a helluva year. You and Bobbie. Chris and Dani. Lance and Danielle. Me and Britney."

 

"Come on Justin, you know damn well Bobbie and I were done long before we broke up." JC saw Rachel's eyes widen at the mention of Justin. Saw the blush on her cheeks. His stomach twisted. No way could she be interested in him. No. She averted her gaze and disappointment crept in. "Why you wanna settle for one anyway? You're living your best life. This tour is gonna be just as crazy as the last one."

 

"But she might be touring with us. The whole summer we'll be together."

 

"You think Lance would approve of you dating his sister?" He watched as Rachel snapped her head toward him. Her eyes wide in surprise.

 

"I don't care what Lance thinks."

 

JC rolled his eyes. "How mature Justin. Cause that won't cause issues. Listen, Heather's here. We're going out to dinner tonight."

 

"Yeah man," Justin sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow."

 

JC tapped the off button and put the receiver back on the base that sat on the end table in his living room. Turning, he faced Rachel who stood in the center of his living room. He wanted to go to her. Draw her in to his arms. Kiss her. Make her forget about Justin. Suddenly the excitement of the tour was waning. If Rachel was joining them... If Justin made his move... If they started dating... he would have a front row seat to watch it all. He would see the looks, see the touches... he swallowed roughly... hear the sounds of their lovemaking. Switching buses would end the torment for him. He could join Lance and Joey on the second bus. Maybe they would switch with him. Joey or Lance would take his place on the three man bus.

 

"I didn't believe Lance when he said Justin liked me." Her words were soft.

 

JC wasn't sure if he'd use the word like. He wasn't sure if Justin's interest stemmed from actually liking her, wanting to get to know her, form a relationship or if his interest was purely from her being hot and wanting to have sex with her. With Justin it could go either way. Knowing what he knew of his friend and the fact that he had just broken up with a long time girlfriend, JC was liable to believe the latter. That could be the jealous talking though.

 

"I don't know why. I'm just me. No one special." Rachel gave a small snort of self-decapitating laughter. "Bet he'd change his mind when he finds out I suck in bed and not in a good way. Definitely not what he's used to. Shit, not what you're used to..."

 

JC moved to her, stopping when he stood directly in front of her. "I told you. You don't suck. You had terrible partners."

 

"Wouldn't they like to know that it wasn't me who sucked but them? Doubt they'd believe me."

 

"Who cares what they think..."

 

"The majority of the campus apparently."

 

"Who cares what they think?"

 

Rachel huffed a breath and rolled her eyes. "You're just like Lance. Stuck in this bubble because everyone around you tells you have great you are."

 

"I get made fun of all the time. Being on the Mickey Mouse Club? Got teased a lot by kids back home in Maryland when I'd go home after filming. Now I'm in a boyband. I've heard all the jokes. All the time. People are constantly poking fun at what I wear. What my hair looks like. How I shave. They are constantly comparing me to Justin how he's the leader and I'm second fiddle..."

 

"Do any of them live with you?" Rachel asked softly.

 

"What?"

 

Rachel looked up meeting his eyes. "Do any of those people who mock you live with you?"

 

"You know they don't."

 

"Because they do me. I share a room with one of the ring leaders; who happens to be dating the guy who started the rumors. So I hear the play by play of their sexual exploits and how I failed to measure up. So maybe you are able to brush off the teasing and the mocking because you know it comes from a place where people try to take down those more successful than they are. That's not me JC. I'm not more successful. I'm just a normal twenty year old going to college. Teen People, J-14, Tiger Beat... those magazines don't care who I am or what I do."

 

"You think this is gonna help?" JC's felt the hurt in his heart. "You think me teaching you how to have sex is going to help?"

 

"It certainly can't get any worse."

 

"How are you gonna stop the teasing and nicknames? Go back and sleep with a bunch of guys?" JC questioned. Jealously reared up again. The thought of Rachel sleeping with anyone turned his stomach. "Is that what you want to do? Sleep with a bunch of guys in hopes they'll tell other guys how great you are? I can tell you one thing Rachel, the nicknames you hear now will probably stop, but new ones will take their place and you don't want those either."

 

Tears clouded her view. In the back of her mind she knew JC was right. In order to turn her reputation around, she'd have to have sex with guys. Plural. More than one. It was a thin line on whether the teasing would stop or whether they'd start calling her more derogatory names. "This is all I got JC. If you don't... if you've changed your mind tell me and I'll leave."

 

"Then what? You can go ask Chris to teach you?" The words came out harshly. He saw her flinch.

 

"Chris?"

 

"You were going to ask him when I said no. That's why you were going to meet him Monday."

 

Rachel stared at JC confused. She shook her head. "I wasn't going to ask Chris to teach me how to have sex."

 

"Then why were you meeting with him?" Try as he might, he couldn't keep the jealously out of his voice. His words dripped with it.

 

"Because he's been to college. I wanted to talk to him about his experience."

 

"Oh..." JC didn't know what to say. Hearing Chris was meeting with Rachel, JC assumed she was going to ask him for help after he had turned her down. Now to realize she wasn't, that he changed his mind on the thought of something that was never going to happen.

 

"I wasn't going to just move down the line. It wasn't asking you first. If you said no, move to Chris. If he said no, ask Justin... I'm not that desperate. I was only going to ask you."

 

JC felt himself swell. He straightened. He had been Rachel's only option. She wasn't going to ask his bandmates. Just him. "Why?" The word was rough.

 

"Because even if you didn't understand, I knew you wouldn't tease me. You wouldn't laugh. If you said no you wouldn't blab it to everyone and have a good laugh. If you said yes, you wouldn't run back to the guys and tell them. I've heard Chris's stories. Even some of Justin's.... how they talk about girls. How they share their exploits after... you never did and I know you probably could... have the exact same stories as they do. But you never gave the morning after play by play. At least not when I was around. Maybe you did that for me," she shrugged. "I don't know. You're just different. I relate to you more than I do Chris and Justin. Even Joey. I'm comfortable with you even if I doesn't seem like it this week. That has more to do with the circumstances. But with you I can relax. I can tell you things - embarrassing things. I know you won't make fun or tease. At least not mean spirited. You always seem to know when to tease and when to take it seriously. You always offer sound advice. Like I said on Monday. I trust you." She meet his eyes and felt her cheeks heat as a blush swept across her face. "And it helps I find you hot..."

 

JC crossed the room immediately. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her. His tongue swept into her mouth. He kissed her deeply and thoroughly. When the kiss ended, he stared at her, watching as her eyes blinked opened. Her green eyes had darkened. "You ready for your next lesson?"

 

"Oh yes..." This time Rachel kissed him.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: oral jc justin joey chris college lance