It took Jake weeks to wrap his head around everything that had happened. So much had changed and he couldn’t figure out if that was a good or bad thing.

 

He was conflicted as to whether he should continue to look for his birth mother and twin brother he never knew he had. Maybe he should only look for one? But how could he choose between them?

 

Wait a minute. He went and got the pictures that he had been left along with the letter. On the back of the pictures were the names Jacob and Joshua Scott.

 

That was also what his biological mother referred to his brother as in the letter she had written him. He knew that J.C.’s middle name was Scott. Could it be? If it was, that would explain a lot.

 

He called Kristen and asked her to come over so he could update her on everything that had been going on. When she got there and he told her his theory, she was floored.

 

“You mean you could be J.C.’s TWIN?

 

“That would explain why I keep getting mistaken for him.”

 

“Yeah. But he’s never said he was adopted.”

 

“Maybe he doesn’t want the public to know. It’s none of their business anyway.”

 

“What about me? I AM his future wife.”

 

“Oh please.” Jake rolled his eyes. “Seriously, though. Can you help me figure out what to do?”

 

“Well, she said she had your records unsealed, right? Start there. Even if you’re only looking for one of them you could get more information on the other one.”

 

Jake thought about that for a moment. It made sense. The problem was he only wanted to find his brother, but in order to do that he had to look for his mother, too. She said she wanted to be found, but what if he didn’t?

 

 

If it was J.C., he’d probably want to keep it private, especially with everything going on with *NSYNC. The last thing Jake wanted to do was turn J.C.’s private life into public tabloid fodder.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story