“Okay, what was so important that you kept us from meeting our idols? The whole reason we’re here?”

 

“I think J.C’s your twin,” Kristen answered bluntly.

 

“What?”

 

“I think J.C.’s your twin,” she repeated.

 

“I was watching him during their interview. You guys have the same color eyes, cheek structure, height, hand movements. If Justin wasn’t your favorite and you were wearing the brown outfit you packed instead of the baby blue one today, you’d have been dressed the same too.”

 

“I don’t believe you.”

 

“I set my VCR to tape it today, since I knew we’d be here and would want to watch it back. I’ll show you when we get home. And then we can enter that contest.”

 

“Oh no. You’re going to make me send in those pictures of my room aren’t you?”

 

“You’re going to have to if you want to win. If you tell them your story and how we’ve travelled to see them, not to mention your getting mistaken for JC, there’s no way you can’t win.”

 

“Can’t you enter with me?”

 

“I would, but as you continuously point out to me I’m a BSB fan, too, and that’s treason.”

 

“You throw that in my face now? Fine friend you are.”

 

Justin wasn’t sure what to do. J.C.’s adoption and meeting with his birth mother was still a touchy subject within the group, and he knew with JC’s family, as well. What was he going to say?

 

“I think I saw your twin brother at TRL today?”

 

He knew J.C. was still looking for him, but . . .

 

“Justin, are you okay? You’ve seemed a little dazed since we left TRL.”

 

J.C. would be the one to ask him that. Justin sighed.

 

“I, yeah. J.C.? May I ask you something?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Are you still looking for your twin brother?”

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“I think I may have seen him in the crowd today.”

 

“Huh?” There was confusion written all over JC’s face.

 

“When we were leaving, I saw a fan that looked, well, like he could be your twin. He almost came over to meet us, but another fan pulled him back. I tried to go back before we left, but they’d already disappeared.”

 

“Why didn’t you say something then?”

 

“I wasn’t sure. And if it was your twin it’s not like you could have talked then. We had other places to be. Maybe he’ll enter the contest.”

 

“That’s only if he lives in one of the cities we named.”

 

“Is it possible he still lives in Maryland?”

 

“I don’t know. Kathleen doesn’t and neither do I. For all I know he and his family could have moved out of state right after we were born.” J.C. sighed in frustration.

 

“Is there any way for you to find out?”

 

“I don’t think so. His was a closed adoption. Mine was open.”

 

“Maybe Kathleen opened it at some point? Just in case he wanted to find her? You still keep in touch right? Ask her the next time you talk.”

 

J.C. supposed he could do that, but his relationship with Kathleen was still new and he didn’t want to burn any bridges.

 

 

“I’ll have to think about it. Thanks, Justin.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story