They’d done it. *NSYNC had beaten the Backstreet Boys’ record of most albums sold in a week with 2.4 million copies sold!

 

“And you said we wouldn’t break the record!” Lance teased J.C.

 

“Honestly, I wasn’t sure. I did say it wouldn’t flop though!” He laughed.

 

“Yeah, but this is crazy!” answered Chris.

 

“Let’s go celebrate!” shouted Joey.

 

And celebrate they did. Jive had decided to throw them a party to end all parties when they got the final tallies that week.

 

Destiny’s Child, Britney Spears, Aaliyah, and TLC were among the artists to celebrate with them. Everyone that contributed to No Strings Attached were there also, as well as their families and some close friends.

 

It was all so overwhelming, J.C. could barely take it all in. His dreams really were coming true. There was only one person who was missing; his twin brother.

 

J.C. wasn’t sure why Jacob popped up in his mind then. Maybe he subconsciously wished they could be sharing this milestone together?

 

He’d already spoken to Kathleen earlier that day when she’d called to congratulate him. She told him that her two daughters, his half sisters, Emily and Amanda, had made sure to buy multiple copies to help *NSYNC out.

 

He thought that was sweet even though their favorites were Chris and Joey. He’d taken Justin’s advice and asked her about Jacob’s adoption records.

 

He was happy when she told him she’d had them unsealed, but he could tell she was sad Jacob hadn’t contacted her. J.C. reassured her that if he found Jacob he’d let him know she wanted a reunion.

 

Jake and Kristen were ecstatic when they heard No Strings Attached had beaten Black and Blue by the Backstreet Boys.

 

“I guess this means you’ve left the dark side and returned to the force? Do you want me to give you back your light saber?” Jake teased her.

 

“Shut up. You know I hate Star Wars. I just tolerate it because you love the movies so much.”

 

“Which is why I tolerated *NSYNC and look where that got us.”

 

They were both quiet.

 

“Have you looked yet?” she asked.

 

“I want to, but I’m scared. What if it’s not him? What if it is and he doesn’t want to be found?”

 

“What if it IS him and he DOES want to be found? Have you at least entered the contest?”

 

“Yeah. I sent in everything, along with the letter. I skipped the part about the adoption and birthday. I didn’t want to freak them out anymore than they’re already going to be.”

 

Kristen laughed. “That was probably smart. We don’t want them thinking you’re a stalker or anything.”

 

“Except they probably will.” Jake responded.

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story