Author's Chapter Notes:

This is just the beginning...

 

August 9, 1999

 

It's three days before the video shoot and I have to laugh, I found Renée through Sherri. She looks so much like me, she could pass as my twin! She and Sherri are cousins, but she's not blood related due to adoption. I'm currently at the airport with five minutes to spare before her flight lands and on the phone with Sherri. "How would I know I have the right person?"

 

"Just look for yourself with bright orange and black hair," she laughs. 

 

"You ain't funny. But seriously, how?"

 

"Really, just look for you with Halloween colored hair," she groans, smacking her forehead. I know the sound all too well. 

 

I turn my back to the terminal and continue to chat away, laughing periodically. I'm tapped on the shoulder and slowly turn around, coming face to face with my living, breathing doppelgänger. Holy fuck! When Sherri said she could pass for me, she wasn't kidding and it's also why the media kept going to Boston. This girl is like my identical twin that had been separated at birth and of course, I look up to find the Halloween themed hair. My eyes bug out and my jaw hits the floor, a smile forming on my lips moments later. "Girl, you weren't kidding!" I shout, touching her hair and she follows the bridge of barley noticeable freckles on my face. "Please tell me you're Renée," I beg this girl. 

 

"Are you Jazzy?" she asks at the same time. 

 

Her eyes are even the same exact color, only with hazel over powering it! "You are a-maz-ing! I love you, Sher!"

 

She's in hysterics right now. "Welcome," she wheezes. 

 

"I'll tape the prank on Nick and the Boys."

 

"And everyone else," she instantly demands.

 

"Will do."

 

"Talk later?"

 

"I'll attempt it." I chuckle. I smirk and she does the same right back at me. "Ready to mess with someone's mind?"

 

"If you want to."

 

"Oh, do I ever!" I reply, rubbing my hands together. 

 

 

 

Once she's loaded into my brother's old Jeep, we start driving to the Compound. "Okay, here's the plan-you are gonna walk into the rehearsal hall, act all pissed off at Nick Carter and then try not to smile or be nice to him. You're pretty much going to end up being me for five minutes. If he questions your hair, just snap you felt like it. Sound good?"

 

"You might die laughing," she comments. 

 

"Lemme guess, she showed you the tapes of us recently behind the scenes?"

 

"Yeah, someone named AJ sent them."

 

"That dick."

 

"Why?"

 

"He said he wouldn't, but obviously did. Anyway, just act like that and not over do it."

 

"Bitch, but not mega bitch, gotcha," she echoes back, nodding. 

 

"Ok, we have to ATV the rest of the way to the building. Here use my phone real quick and tell him you'll be there in about five. I have him under 'Ickers'."

 

"Your nickname for him?"

 

"Yup."

 

I hear her initiate the call and smile to myself. "Be there in five or so. I'm about to ATV it now. I'll see you when I get there. Whatever," she barks at him, disconnecting the call a moment after scoffing the final word. She hands me back my phone and we smirk. "How was that?"

 

"Perfection, girl," I praise her. 

 

 

 

We silently ride up behind the building we're located in, mainly the Boys, Aaron and myself. We dismount the bike and I give her a pep talk, making sure she knows to walk in there with the whole 'I have just as much right as everyone else to be here and I don't like Nick right now' attitude. She walks back out a few minutes later, perplexed. "Nobody's here, Jazzy," she informs me, pointing to the building. "A little kid left this note, though."

 

I gently take it from her and note Aaron's handwriting. 'Went to the waterfall, be back by three for practice.'

 

I nod. "Got a bathing suit in your bags?"

 

"Yeah, about five."

 

I nod. "Let's get changed."

 

 

 

We change and dart off on the ATV, it's a quiet five minute ride. "So, what now?" 

 

"I'll lay out our towels and we can just forget the whole prank."

 

"Alright."

 

 

 

She gets in the water and I hear Nick call out my name, asking what's wrong a minute later. I then recall we have bandanas over our hair. He thinks she's me. "Ickers!" I call. 

 

I hear him coming my way. "How? You were just in the pool and now you're here and dry as a bone?" He looks at her and then me, seriously confused. 

 

I whistle for her and she comes over. "Meet my doppelgänger, Renée."

 

"So, your evil plot of tricks includes a human duplicate of yourself and terrorizing us, practically making us your unwilling victims?"


Incomplete
Kaotyk is the author of 47 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story