The boys went back inside and found Chris eating some ice cream while reading a book. “I didn’t know we had ice cream?” Justin said while running to the freezer to get some. Chris just looked up from his book and shrugged. “How’s Lance doing?” JC asked. “A bit better, well, that’s what he told me. He wasn’t shivering anymore so he should be doing good.” Chris replied. “I think I’ll go check on him and then we can have dinner.” Joey said as he started towards Lance’s room. 


Joey knocked on the door and then opened it slowly. Lance was sitting on his bed reading a book. “Hey.” Joey said. Lance looked up at him and smiled, “Hi Joey.” he said. “How are you?” Joey asked as he approached Lance. “Much better, though I’m starving.” “I’ll bring you something to eat. How does spaghetti sound?” Joey suggested. “Sounds great.” Lance smiled. “Alright, I’ll be right back.” Joey said as he left the room.


“Okay, for dinner we are having spaghetti.” Joey announced. They all nodded and proceeded what they were doing. When Joey was done cooking he took a plate up to Lance’s room. “Here you go.” He said as he handed the plate to Lance. “Thanks Joey.” Then, Joey had an idea. “I’ll be right back.” He said as he left the room. He went to find the guys, who were playing video games. “Guys let’s go have dinner in Lance’s room so he doesn’t have to be alone.” “Okay.” Justin shrugged. They all nodded in agreement and stood up to go get their plates, after they did that, they went to Lance’s room. “Hi Lance.” Chris said, everyone following behind. JC, Chris, and Joey sat down in JC’s bed while Justin sat next to Lance. They ate their dinner while talking about basically anything, just trying to cheer Lance up. “Can we have ice cream for dessert?” Justin asked “And you can have some too, right?” he added referring to Lance.  “Please?” Said Lance. “I guess, but not too much, I don’t want you to get worse.” JC said. “Okay, I’ll go get it.” Justin said as he went out of the room. “I’ll take the plates over to the kitchen.” Joey said, taking the plates. “I’ll help you clean up.” Chris offered as he followed Joey out of the room. “C?” Lance looked at JC. “Yeah?” “Thanks.” JC smiled in response. Justin came back with the ice cream. “Here you go.” He said as he handed a bowl to Lance. “Thank you.” They all ate their ice cream quietly. When they were all done, JC took the bowls to the kitchen. “Good night Lance.” Justin said as he gave Lance a small hug. “G’night Justin.” “I hope you feel better soon.” Justin said as he walked towards the door. “Thanks.” 


JC helped Joey and Chris clean up the kitchen, after they’d washed all the dishes and put them away Joey went home. They then went to bed since they were going to have a long day ahead of them. When JC got to his room he checked on Lance, he found him lying down yet not sleeping. “Are you okay?” JC asked. “I can’t sleep.” Lance replied. JC walked towards Lance “Okay, try to relax, close your eyes.” Lance did what JC told him to. JC started singing for Lance to fall asleep, and subconsciously he started stroking Lance’s hair. JC didn’t know this, but Lance was kind of freaking out, his heart was going at 150 beats per minute. After a while, JC noticed that Lance’s breathing had evened out and he realized that he was sleeping. He stood up and walked towards his bed, falling fast asleep.


******** [^v^]/ ********


The next morning Lance awoke to the smell of bacon and pancakes. He noticed that JC wasn’t there. ‘He must already be up’ Lance thought. “Good morning sunshine. How are you this fine morning?” Justin said as he brought Lance a tray with some pancakes and bacon. “Good morning. I’m much better, thank you.” Lance said as he took the tray from Justin. “So, later we are going to hang out at the pool, if you’re feeling okay you should come.” “That sounds great.” Lance smiled. “Alright, I hope you enjoy your breakfast.” Justin said as he exited the room. 


Once Lance was done eating he got up and changed, he headed into the kitchen where he saw Chris and Justin washing the dishes. “Hi.” “Hey Lansten. How are you doing?” Chris asked.

“I’m doing alright.” He replied. “So, are you feeling like hanging out with us later?” “Sure thing.”


Lance walked to his room, he got a book and read for a while, he stopped reading when he heard voices outside. He went to check what was going on and saw the guys by the pool. He went outside to join them. They were throwing each other in the pool, Lance just sat on the edge, he was still a bit sick after all. “Don’t you dare push me in the pool Chris.” Lance chuckled  as Chris pretended he was gonna push him. “I would never.” Chris said in a fake offended voice. “But I would.” Justin said as he pushed Chris in the pool. “Hey! That’s rude, you know. I’ll get revenge.” Before Justin could say anything he was pulled in the pool. “Karma” Chris said in a sing-song. “I’m gonna get you Kirkpatrick!” “Ditto!” Chris yelled as Justin started chasing him.


“They are insane.” JC said as he took a seat next to Lance. “That they are.” Lance nodded in agreement. Suddenly they heard a voice “What do you think you’re doing.” They turned around to find an angry looking Lou Pearlman. “You should have been practicing today and also yesterday. Why weren’t you guys there?” “Ummm” was all Lance could say. Honestly, Lance was not very fond of Lou, he was kind of scared of him, he didn’t think Lou liked him very much. Lou Just glared at him. “I don’t care about your lame excuses. You are going to go practice now. And tomorrow you will have extra hours.” The guys agreed, seeing they had no other choice and went inside to change.

 

“I cannot believe him. Why would he do that? It's Sunday and we never get days off.”  Lance said as he put his shoes on. “I guess he just wants us to be better, Lance. But I hope he at least gives us some days off once in a while.” JC replied, “By the way, do you think you will be able to practice? You were pretty sick yesterday.” “I really don’t know, I guess I could try.” Lance shrugged as they walked out.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story