"I just can't get over it!" JC announced again, exasperated as he pulled away from the telescope, opened both eyes wide, and glanced back at Nicole who lay out like a starfish on a blanket, bundled up in two pairs of pants, a ski cap, and a puffer jacket zipped to her nose. JC didn't wait for a reply before turning back to the telescope and squinting into the eyepiece. "You can really see the rings! I mean, Saturn really has rings...that you can see." He announced with excitement. "It's like it's not even real, like it's just painted onto the end of this telescope."

 

"That's two!" Nicole called out to him, sitting up quickly. "It's starting. Do you think you can tear yourself away from Saturn's rings to watch this meteor shower?"

 

JC stepped back from the telescope and looked skyward just in time to see a bright pinpoint shoot across the night sky. "Was that one?" He asked excitedly, turning back to Nicole, who was once again laying back on a blanket at the center of the empty observation deck.

 

"Yeah!" Nicole lifted her arm and inspected her watch. "We're supposed to see most of them between now and midnight." She patted the ground next to her, inviting him to join her.

 

JC shuffled over to her and sat down, pressing his hip to hers. He reached down and gave her thigh a squeeze, before reclining back, resting his head next to hers. "You look like a marshmallow ninja," he remarked, poking at her puffy jacket. "Or like Ralphie's younger brother in A Christmas Story, when his mom bundles him all up!" JC laughed silently.

 

"I can't put my arm's down!" Nicole mimicked. "I wish I was bundled like that; it's freezing." She turned to look at him. "Why aren't you cold?" she whined.

 

"Oh, honey, it's because I'm so hot." He wiggled his eyebrows.

 

Nicole snorted softly and turned her eyes back skyward. JC slid his arm under her and pulled her toward him. She rested her cheek against his chest, and softly placed her hand on his stomach. The two lay silently watching the small pinpricks of light streaked across the night sky.

 

It was quite evident that Nicole could watch these random flashes cross the sky all night, but after five or six meteors, JC was very confident he had seen them all. Slightly bored, he placed his hand atop Nicole's and squeezed softly. A smirk danced on his lips, and his chest shook softly with a few silent chuckles. Then JC began to sing slowly in a half whisper, "I don't wanna close my eyes..." Nicole wasn't quite sure what she heard, so she angled her head to better see his face. "I don't wanna fall asleep..." he continued louder. Nicole unsuccessfully worked to fight off a laugh. She sucked her teeth back and moved her hand from under JC's, so that she could playfully slap his chest. "‘Cause I'd miss you, baby," He paused briefly, tilted his head downward to meet her gaze, then clenched his eyes shut and screamed out,  "and I don't want to miss a thaaaaannngg!"

 

Nicole rolled her eyes, remaining unimpressed. "Armageddon was an asteroid, not a meteor shower." She grumbled, pushed off of him, and then reclined back and stretched out again on the blanket.

 

JC slid his arm back under her, and pulled her body close to his. "Asteroid, Meteor, Po-tay-toe, Po-tot-oh."

 

"We're looking at comet dust entering our atmosphere, not a giant space boulder, J-C!" she announced with a mock attitude.

 

"Comet dust, huh? Like Halley's comet?"

 

"As a matter of fact, this is dust from precisely that comet."

 

"Didn't Halley's comet happen in the 80s?"

 

"The last time we saw it, it was in the eighties," Nicole explained very matter of fact, "but it's in orbit, and we pass through its dust every April and October."

 

"Huh." JC was impressed. He looked back up skyward, then looked back down at Nicole. "Wanna make out under Halley's comet dust?"

 

"Duh!" She inched up and pressed her lips to his.

 

JC reached his free hand up and placed it gently on the side of her face. His fingers moved through her hair and their bodies moved closer together as the kiss deepened. Their tongues danced, and Nicole moaned softly. JC pulled away from her slightly and embarked on a trail of kisses down her chin and across her jaw line. He shifted himself slightly on top of her, and she wrapped both of her arms around him, pulling him down onto her. He recaptured her lips with his own and slid his tongue past her teeth, when suddenly his pocket buzzed, and the vibration startled them both.

 

Nicole hesitated, their mouths still joined together, and as she whispered against his lips, "Is that a phone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

 

"Both," he smiled, and then pressed his lips against hers again. Shifting more of his weight onto her and her kissing her more forcefully, the phone buzzed again as it proceeded through a second round of rings.

 

"Do you..." Kiss. "Need to..." Kiss. "Get that?" Nicole asked.

 

JC moved Nicole onto her back and slid up her body. "It can go to voicemail," he smiled down at her. He slid his right hand up her body and cupped her breast, squeezing playfully. "I've got my hands full at the moment," he joked and kissed her again.

 

"You don't have voicemail," she mumbled into the kiss. Raking her hands through his hair.

 

"They can text me." And as he moved in to kiss her yet again, they were interrupted by a third round of vibrations. "Jesus Christ!" he gasped. Pressing his forehead to hers.

 

She smiled up at him. "I think we should take this back to the tent anyway. She winked and pecked his lips. "I want to do more than just make out with you under all this comet dust." JC grunted in the affirmative and rolled off of her. Nicole jumped up quickly. "You grab the blanket, and I'll pack this up," she announced, walking quickly toward the telescope.

 

JC stood slowly and reached down, gathering the blanket. As he waited for Nicole to disassemble the telescope, his phone buzzed again against his hip, this time only briefly, signifying a text message. He reached into his pocket and retrieved his phone. Three missed calls and a text message.

 

Jen: I miss you.  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair triangles otherwoman boyfriendjc postsync producerjc moodyjc friendswithbenefits cheaterjc