Chapter 15:


The next day Mina was in even more desperate need of girl time! It was an odd Saturday with no events so slept in a bit before reaching out to Madison to see if she was free. 


“Girl date?” Mina texts. Her phone bings almost instantly


“Yes please! Much needed” the text from Madison reads. They make plans and Mina gets up and heads to shower. 


Madison was due over in just a few and Mina was running behind. She had gone to pick up a few snacks for their girl date. As soon as she gets in the front door and sets down her bags- the doorbell rings. Madi usually just comes inside, she did have her own key for emergencies. Mina opens the door to find a delivery guy with a large bouquet of daffodils in his hands. 


“Mina Morgan?” 


“Thats me!” 


“Sign here” she signs his electronic pad and he smiles as he hands the flowers over. Who the heck would be sending her flowers and how did they know daffodils were her favorite?


She sets them down on the coffee table and searches for a note. Locating it- she pulls it out. The card reads “In a room full of people, you’re the only one around.” Mina flips the card around twice. No name. Alex- it had to be. He was out of town and missed her obviously. A grin spreads across her face. She stands up and heads to the kitchen to prepare snacks for her and Madison. 


Two hours, many glasses of wine and two at home facials later- Madi and Mina sit on the couch, each with a pack of oreos open on their laps; 


“This was the best idea! Thanks for this” Madison says, sipping her wine


“Yes. I really needed this” 


Madison nods in agreement and glances at the coffee table. “Oh! I meant to ask earlier. Alex sent you flowers?”


“Yes! Beautiful aren’t they?” Mina grins. She reaches down and picks the note up off the table “But it came with this card… no name.” She passes it over to her best friend. Madison reads it over and almost spits out her wine in a mix of shock and laughter. 


“Madi are you alright?” Mina asks as Madison coughs


“Yeah, yeah…I’m...I’m fine” she chuckles, as her cough subsides. Madison glances at the flowers once more and suddenly a conversation from a month ago pops into her head. She hadn’t heard that song in awhile but it all made sense now. He would. 


“What’s so funny?” Mina looks at her confused


“Nothing. It’s nothing. I’m gonna get more wine” Madison replies, heading into the kitchen as Mina’s phone chimes. 


*Reminder: Wisdom Teeth- Thursday 10:15A*


“Damn” she calls out


“What’s wrong?”


“I forgot I have to get my wisdom teeth out next week. You know I hate asking people for favors but… could you drive me?” 


“Let me check my calendar” Madi answers, flopping back onto the couch next to Mina. She pulls up their shared google calendar. “I see you blocked yourself out that day- let’s see...  shit. I’ve got fittings and a new client meeting that morning. I can’t…What about Alex? Could he take you?”

 

“I think he has work. I meant to call him about the flowers…” Mina finds his number in her phone and hits call 


“Hey babe, just heading to the airport” 

 

“Hey just wanted to say thank you for the flowers.” There was a slight pause. 


“Oh… uh yeah. You’re welcome. Knew you’d love them” he replies. Who would be sending his girlfriend flowers?


“How’d you know I love daffodils?” 


“You mentioned it. Our third date I think-” 


“Oh right” Mina agrees, barely remembering. “So I know you’ve got to head to the airport but what’s your schedule on Thursday. I have to get my wisdom teeth removed and…” 


“Thursday? Possible surgery, that will take up most of the day. We’ve been monitoring this one patient. Sorry babe- listen I’m gonna get in late tonight but I’ll call you tomorrow?”


“Oh okay… bye” she hangs up with a sigh. “He can’t” 


“I’m sorry Min. I wish I could but if you’re out then I’ve… well you know” Madison reassures her. “Wait! You could ask…” she begins 


“No! No…No. I am NOT asking Josh to take me to the dentist!” 


“You said yourself you’re just friends. He’s a friend and you need a favor”


“I know but…” 


“Scared you might say something stupid under anesthesia?” 


“No!” Mina replies quickly as Madison laughs. 


“Whatever you say” she continues to chuckle as another episode of Friends starts. 



Monday morning Madison waits until Mina is out of the office in a meeting before picking up her cell phone and dialing. It rings and rings before a voice finally says “Hello?” 


“Hey JC, it’s Madison. Sorry to be calling like this, I got your number from Mina” 


“Is Mina okay?” he asks suddenly. Madison could sense the care and concern in his voice. 


“Yes, she’s fine. I’m calling cause I… well Mina needs a favor” 


“Okay…” 

“You know Mina as well as I do, right? She hates asking for help from anyone…” 


“Madison just ask” JC says with a laugh


“Mina is having her wisdom teeth taken out this Thursday and my schedule is full and…”


“What about Allen?”


“Allen is… Alex- I mean Alex has surgery” she laughs before correcting herself


“Ah”


“I was wondering if you were free Thursday to drive her to her appointment and home after?” 


Madison hears nothing but silence on the other end. 


“Sure, that’s fine” JC replies


“Great. Thanks JC. You’re a lifesaver!” Madi states as JC chuckles at her giddiness. She gives him all the details and says goodbye. Hanging up she switches to her messages and pulls up her conversation with Mina. 


“Don’t worry about Thursday. Got it all situated. You won’t have to take yourself to the dentist :)” 

 

“You’re the best” Mina replies a few moments later. Madison knew she would be slightly mad but she would thank her… eventually. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: presync postsync jc