Chapter 18: 


November rolls around before Mina knows it. 


“You’ll never believe what my mom just called and told me?” Mina calls, falling into a chair in front of Madison’s desk


“I’ll never guess… tell me” 


“Apparently her and my father have decided to go on a road trip to some national park for Thanksgiving and I have no place to go this year!”


“That’s crazy! You go home every year!” 


“I know! And I was looking forward to it this year because I had suggested they come here and give me a chance to host and my mom was considering it until she decided to spring this on me” 


“Aw sorry Min! Why don’t you still host?” 


“Who? Me and you? What fun… no offense” 


“None taken. Not what I meant though… have a friendsgiving! Invite a few people over and have a little dinner party. We haven’t done that in ages!” Madison suggests. 


“That’s actually a great idea! You, me, Alex, maybe Sarah and Rachel. It could be fun! And you could bring someone if you wanted, Sarah and Rachel as well” 


“Me.. bring someone… what do you mean?” 


“C’mon Mads… Aren’t you still seeing that mysterious someone you won’t tell me about?” 

“Maybe” Madison blushes


“Seriously Madison Ryan?” 


“Oh you’re gonna middle name me… Wilhelmina Grace! As a matter of fact, I am still seeing that person BUT they won’t be here for Thanksgiving. We already discussed our plans and well… I was just gonna hang out by myself but now that you’re having a dinner party... I have plans!” 


“Madison… why didn’t you say anything? I would have taken you home with me”


“Thanks Min! Now let’s start planning” Madison replies, pulling out a notepad to jot down ideas. 


“Should we invite Josh?” Madison asks a few days later as she helps Mina plan the Thanksgiving menu. 


“I’d like to but wouldn’t it be weird with Alex there too?” 


“Not unless he makes it weird” 


“Good point…” 


“Does that mean you’re gonna invite him?” 


“Sure! It's Friendsgiving!” Mina answers as Madison smiles at her. Madison wasn’t sure what had changed but she was happy to see Mina finally accepting her friendship with Josh. 



A few days later Mina finally manages to get a hold of JC. 


“Hey Josh!” 


“Hey Willie, what can I do for you?” 


“So formal” Mina laughs “I was actually calling because my parents bailed on me for Thanksgiving… for the first time in my 20 some years of living on my own my mom was actually going to trust me with Thanksgiving dinner but they’ve decided to go on some road trip but anyways sorry for rambling” 


“It’s okay Wills” Josh answers with a laugh


“Anyways... I’m having a little Friendsgiving dinner, just Madison, some girls we work with and I was wondering if you’d like to join us?” Mina asks. After a few moments of silence she adds “That is if you don’t already have plans or anything” 


“I don’t have any plans actually. A friend of mine is going to be in town I think and we were just going to hang out, maybe watch the game but that sounds really great!” 


“Great. Your friend is more than welcome to come as well. Madison was going to bring a date but he is going home for the holiday so he can’t make it” 


“I’ll make sure to tell him” JC replies


“Awesome! I’ll text you details closer to the day, okay? See you then!” Mina tells him before they exchange goodbyes. 


“Well?” Madison inquires, poking her head into Mina’s office. 


“He’ll be there and he’s bringing a friend along” 


“Oh? Did he uh… did he say who?” Madison asks, intrigued


“No he didn’t mention it and I may or may not have not mentioned Alex being there but I’m sure he knows” Mina explains. 

 

“Well this may turn into a very interesting Thanksgiving” Madison chuckles, walking away. 

Chapter End Notes:

Things indeed are about to become interesting :) 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: presync postsync jc