Chapter 19:


Thanksgiving arrives and Mina stands in her kitchen freaking out. Madison shows up early to lend a hand. 


“Thank god you’re here!” Mina exclaims as Madison sets down a bottle of wine on the counter. 


“What’s wrong?” 


“Everything! I think I’m short a cornish hen and I’m almost certain I burnt the yams, the stuffing is nothing like my mother’s and I just want to cry!” Mina shouts, pacing back and forth


“Min… calm down… it’s gonna be okay. No worries. I brought a green bean casserole cause I figured we might need it… and I brought extra wine” Madison reassures her. 


“Thank you” Mina answers, taking a deep breath 


“What else do you need help with? We’ve got plenty of time before everyone starts to arrive” 


Mina explains what else needs to be done as she pours them both a glass of wine. Madison gives her a look 


“What? I’m fine” she laughs, handing Madi a glass. 


“If it helps… nothing smells burnt so everything should be fine” Madi laughs, glancing around at the food already ready “And if we have to… we can scrape off the burnt parts'' she adds, tying an apron on. 


An hour later the doorbell rings, signally that the first guests had arrived. 


“Do you want to put the rolls in the oven and I’ll grab the door?” Mina asks Madison, heading out of the kitchen. 


“Sarah, Zoe! Hey. So glad you could make it” Mina greets her coworker and her girlfriend and shows them inside. “Come on in and get comfortable. Madison is in the kitchen finishing up” she adds, putting their coats in the closet by the front door. 


The doorbell sounds again almost instantly. Mina opens it to find Rachel and Alex. 


“Hey babe! Hey Rachel, where’s Brandon?” 


“He’s sick and couldn’t make it” Rachel explains 


“I’m sorry to hear that” she replies but to herself mutters “That puts us back at an even number”


“Make yourselves comfortable, dinner should be ready soon but we’ve got drinks in the kitchen and the TV here in the living room if you want to relax a bit” Mina explains, gesturing around. She turns to Alex and places a kiss on his lips “So glad you could come” 


“You’re welcome. Everything smells amazing!” he answers with a smile and follows her into the kitchen. 


While everyone watches the game in the living room, Mina and Madison set about reorganizing the dining table. The doorbell goes again 


“That must be Josh. Usually he’s early” Mina laughs as Madison re-sets the place settings. 


Mina heads to open the front door but Alex beats her to it. 


“Josh… hey thanks for coming!” she calls from behind Alex who just stands there staring at him. “And you brought… Justin”


“Thanks for letting me tag along” Justin states with that trademark smirk “Was in town for work and wasn’t able to make it home this year”


“It’s no trouble at all. Come in, come in” she replies, pushing past Alex to let them through the front door. She sends a glare towards Alex and he backs off. She shows Josh and Justin inside. 


“This is Sarah and Rachel, they work with Madison and I. And this is Sarah’s girlfriend Zoe” Mina starts the introductions “And this… is my boyfriend Alex. I don’t think you have met yet…” 


“We haven’t had the pleasure” Alex says, his voice dripping with sarcasm as he gives JC the once over. 


“Alex this is Josh, Josh this is Alex and I’m pretty sure Justin needs no introduction” she adds with a laugh. 


Everyone exchanges hellos as JC sits down to watch the game and Justin follows Mina into the kitchen to get a drink. “Oh Justin- did you meet my best friend Madison?” she asks as they pass the dining table. Madison stops in her tracks and nearly drops a plate. 


“Justin… what are you doing here?” 


“C invited me. Couldn’t make it home for Thanksgiving after all… I… I’m glad you’re here” Justin explains. 


Mina looks back and forth between them and it hits her. 


“Madison, I uh… need help with something upstairs. Justin, excuse us.”


Madi follows Mina back through the living room 


“Where ya going babe?” Alex asks as they pass by


“Be right back” she states, kissing his cheek. 



“What the hell Madi! Justin?” Mina practically shouts as they enter her bedroom. 


“I told you, I didn’t want to jinx it. It’s Justin! I really like him, he’s sweet and nice and I like spending time with him, and the sex is great but I’m not sure how he feels and… it’s complicated” Madison explains. Mina sighs. 

 

“I understand completely. I’m just shocked I guess. Since JC’s party though… really?” 


“Yeah” Madi says with a sigh. 


“Aw Mads. You should just talk to Justin, after dinner you should pull him aside and talk to him. I”m certain he would be honest with you, he’s a great guy!” 


“Thanks Min- I’ll do that but first… food! I’m starving and I think everyone else is too” she laughs as they start to head back downstairs. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Throwing it back to the birthday party... remember how Madison disappeared? Mystery solved!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: presync postsync jc