Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello... it's me. I know I sort of fell off the face of the earth but life got busy. I haven't been able to write in ages but luckily I do have a few chapters I've saved up but just forgot to post. 

 

Enjoy :) 

Chapter 22:


Mina turns her phone on speaker and sets it next to her suitcase. 


“Excited?” Madison asks


“Yes but also nervous”


“Why? Because of JC and the fact you’ll be all alone?” 


Mina laughs “Yes, no, I don’t know but also because I haven’t been skiing in years” 


“You and I both know you won’t be doing much skiing” 


“Oh hush!” Mina says as she finishes folding her shirts. She glances at the clock on her bedside table. “Shit. JC is gonna be here soon and I need to finish packing” 


“I thought you were all packed two days ago” 


“I was but then I second guessed everything I packed so I had to start over” Mina explains with a nervous chuckle


“I’m telling you Min… you’re not gonna be needing clothes” 


“Shut up Mads! I’ll see you soon” she replies, looking around for her passport


“I’ll let you go then, see you in a bit!” Madison exclaims happily. 


Mina finishes up with her suitcase and double checks her carry on to make sure she has her passport as the doorbell rings. She carries everything downstairs and opens the door to let JC inside “Hey” she says, as they give each other a quick hug. 


“Ready to go?” 


“Yup” she follows JC outside to the hired car. 


As they start driving she realizes they’re heading a different direction than she assumed. 


“Aren’t we going to LAX?” 


“Justin’s plane is at a private airport, meeting everyone there” JC explains


“Oh… okay” Mina replies. She almost forgot who they were travelling with. She really didn’t know anything about this side of the fabulous life or well anything about it really. Mina sits back and looks out the window. 


“You alright?” Josh asks, breaking the silence


“Huh? Oh yeah. Just fine” Mina smiles, trying to ignore the butterflies in her stomach. Suddenly being this close to JC… she felt 15 all over again. 


Their car pulls up the tarmac and her butterflies subside. Through the window she spies Lance and Michael chatting with Madison just inside of the hangar. The driver stops and she and JC climb out as he grabs their bags from the trunk. JC walks over to talk with Lance. Michael greets Mina with a hug as Madison walks over to say hello. 


“Where’s Justin?” Mina asks looking around


“Talking with the pilot,” Madison explains, beaming with excitement. 


“You sure you’re okay?” 


“I told you earlier. I’m fine” Mina answers as Madison pulls her aside. “Really I’m fine, just dealing with a lot of feelings right now” 


“You know how to fix that” Madi replies with a wink


“I’m not joining the mile high club”


“Nothing to it. I’m sure he has before” 


“Definitely not with all of you just nearby” Mina laughs 


“Just saying it's an idea” 


“What’s an idea?” JC asks, walking up behind Mina, startling her. 


“Nothing” Mina stammers as Madison winks at her. “Thanks Mads” she adds as Justin approaches the group. 


“Willie!” he calls spying Mina next to his girlfriend. She glares at JC. 


“All him, I didn’t give him permission” JC laughs, knowing she only allowed him to call her that. 


“Hey Justin” she smiles as he pulls her in for a hug


“Everyone ready?” he grins, leading the group to the plane. 



A few hours into the flight and drinks were pouring and the conversation was flowing. Mina laughs hysterically as Justin and Lance spill the dirt on JC from their *NSYNC days. 


“I really wish I could have been there to see that” she says between laughs


“I’m glad you weren't,” JC adds, turning a bit red as Justin laughs. 


“Why aren’t Chris and Joey here… weren’t you guys supposed to bond on this trip?” Mina asks as the guys get quiet. “Sorry… was uh I not supposed to know that?” she adds


“No worries… they had appearances they couldn’t break so 3 out of 5 is what you get” Lance explains with a smirk as everyone erupts into laughter again. 


A few more hours go by and everyone is just lounging around. Justin, Madison, Lance and Michael are playing cards while Mina sits on the couch in the back watching TV. She stifles a yawn as JC joins her. 

“What are you watching?” he asks, sitting down next to her


“I can’t even remember” she replies “Stopped paying attention” Mina adds, turning the TV off. She covers her mouth to hide a laugh 


“What’s so funny?” JC asks 


“Just remembering all those stories from earlier.” JC smiles 


“We were young, in Europe, most unchaperoned, running on no sleep… we got up to a lot of crazy things, especially when sugar was involved.” 


“I bet…”


“I wish you could have been there” 


“I know” Mina replies. “I could have been,” she adds to herself. “You know you promised to tell me more about the Mina-less years” she tells Josh


“The Mina-less years… that’s a long time” 


“Justin said we’ve got about 5 more hours, that’s a good start” Mina smirks


“Well Justin and Lance covered my finest embarrassing moments, what else do you wanna know?” JC asks 


“Everything. Start from the beginning” Mina smiles, pulling a throw blanket around herself. 


“Okay… the beginning” 



“Hey sleepyheads” a voice calls out. Mina opens her eyes to find Madison standing in front of her. She rubs her eyes and sees JC cuddled up with her on the couch. 


“Sorry, guess we fell asleep.” 


Madison just stands there grinning at them like the Cheshire Cat. “Pilot says we are landing in 15 minutes”


“Thanks Mads” Mina replies as Madi disappears into the small bedroom right behind them. Mina nudges JC awake. “Josh, we’re almost there” 


“Cool” he mumbles, stretching his arms, trying to wake up. 

 

“Guess we fell asleep while talking” Mina tells him


 “Not even sure where we left” JC adds

 

“No worries. We’ve got all weekend” Mina smiles big. 

Chapter End Notes:

this ski trip is gonna be fun :) 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: presync postsync jc