Author's Chapter Notes:

I took a bit of a hiatus BUT I'M BACK! 

Chapter 25: 


She wasn’t sure where their clothes ended up and she honestly didn’t care though they did somehow end up on the floor in front of the fire. They were covered by a quilt and a few throw pillows from the bed lay underneath their heads. She glances over at Josh to see him grinning, cheekily. 


“That was fun” he says, still grinning like the Cheshire Cat. 


Mina props herself up on her elbow and looks down at him. “Let’s do it again” she says, mimicking his wide smile. 


Mina wakes to find that she and Josh were still cuddled together under blankets in front of the fire. She looks at him and smiles. His eyes were closed and his breathing steady but she wasn’t sure if he was actually asleep or not. He definitely needed rest after earlier. A slight smile crosses her lips as a memory she had tucked away comes back and she lets out a soft chuckle. JC stirs and nuzzles her neck


“What’s so funny?” he mumbles


“Nothing, just remembering something,” she explains. His eyes open slowly and those clear blues shine bright. Those eyes had such an effect on her. 


“Tell me” he whispers with a cheeky grin


“Fine” she replies, as he rolls up on an elbow and looks down at her. 


“It was… goodness… 8 years or ago or something and Madison took me out for a girl’s night when we lived in New York…”


“Okay” 


“Well I was in dire need of one- my uh fiancé cheated on me and well that’s another story. Anyways…”

JC raises an eyebrow. She never mentioned a fiancé. Guess there was still a lot about her during those missing years he didn’t know. 


2008

New York City


Madison arrives back at their table with her hands full of shots. 


“Mads, really?”


“C’mon that asshole didn’t deserve you and you need to drink him away and maybe even take one of those hotties home for a little fun” she giggles, pointing to a group of guys a few tables over. They notice and she winks at them. 


“Fine” Mina agrees as she knocks back a shot. As she sets down another glass she notices a guy across the room staring at her. She blinks. She wasn't that drunk but he looked like… it couldn’t be…could it? She blinks again and he was gone. 


“You okay?” 


“Yeah I thought I saw…” she begins


“Hey there sweet thang” a voice mutters, close to her ear. Shit. 


Mina turns and finds a very intoxicated Josh standing before her. 


“Excuse me?” 


“I couldn’t help but notice you looking all sexy over here”


Mina just stares at him. He didn’t even know who she was. Sure he was drunk and it had been a few years since they saw each other last but he seriously didn’t even recognize her. 


“Oh really?” she replies as he moves closer to her


“You wanna get outta here mama?” he asks, his eyes moving up and down her body. He was clearly used to being told YES- because he was JC Chasez. 


“Seriously?” Madison interjects. Mina raises her hand and even surprises herself as she slaps him right across the face. She picks up her drink and walks away, leaving JC standing there stunned. As soon as they get into the ladies room, she breaks down. 


“Oh shit Mina… I’m so sorry” JC apologizes as she finishes her story. 


“You know… I was upset for so long. I was holding a grudge because you didn’t even act like you recognized me in the slightest and honestly it hurt but suddenly right now… it’s hilarious” 


“Why?” 


“Sweet thang? Mama? Really?” 


Josh’s face reddens “Good one” Mina adds with a laugh. 


“Hey… I see a sexy woman and I go for it” 


“You say that to get them into bed” 


“Only when it’s true... You’re the sexiest woman I’ve ever seen” 


“Yeah right” Mina scoffs, turning away from him


“Why would I lie about that?” he looks her dead in the eye and Mina smiles. “And you know what’s really sexy? The sound you make when I…” he begins as his hand moves down her stomach, coming to rest between her legs. Mina lets out a gasp and a slight moan. 


“Josh” she stammers


“And… the way you say my name when you…” he whispers into her ear


“Josh” she screams out


“Like that” he grins. 

 

“Josh” she says again- grabbing him and rolling him onto his back. “Shut up” Mina adds, silencing him with a kiss. 


Incomplete
drivingmyselfcrazy is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked The Two of Us aka The Treehouse also liked 123 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: presync postsync jc