Story Notes:

OMG It's been a while! I wrote this  short blurb for JC's birthday 2 months ago and I forgot to post. 

So yes. Hi. Thanks. 

 

 

He hums.

It doesn’t matter what he’s doing, he hums.  And I don’t think he even realizes that he’s doing it. It was just second nature to him.

Music was second nature to him.

It is his world. His life.  His heart.

And it makes my heart swirl just knowing that I am somehow a part of it, witnessing it.

“Hey,” his eyes smiled with his lips when he saw me.

“Good morning,” I sighed. He always manages to take my breath away when he smiles.

“Slept well?” He asked as he gave me a quick kiss.

I nodded. “Yes.”.

“I have coffee.”

“Good.”

As I watched him pour me a cup of coffee and made it the way I like it, he began humming again.

“Do you realize that you hum all the time?”

“What?” He asked, handing me my mug.

“You hum. Doesn’t matter what you do, you hum.”

“I do not!”

I nodded in disagreement. “You were humming when I walked in the kitchen a few minutes ago. You were humming as you made my coffee. You hum when you drive, when you’re in the shower, wait, I take that back, you actually sing when you are in the shower.” I smiled.

“I don’t hum when I sleep.”

“How would you know? You’re asleep, remember?” I asked mischievously.

This time he frowned. “Don’t worry. It’s a good thing.” I assured him.

“Yeah?”

I nodded.  “I love it when you hum … when you sing … because somehow you share with me your music… your world… your life…your heart.”

“No.”

“No?”

He shook his head. “It’s not music.”

“Huh?”

He sighed before taking the mug of coffee from me, placing it on the counter.  He then took my hand and gently tucked it against his heart, held my gaze and smiled. “It’s you.”

“Me?”  I don’t understand.

“You… you are my world …. my life … my heart.”

 

 

/end 

Chapter End Notes:

*Music Of My Heart  written by Diane Warren


Completed
simplyjessie73 is the author of 7 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story