Author's Chapter Notes:

if you're following along with the spotify playlist, this will be tracks 1 to 3. 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1SlvUJOZU8LrzNZyxFsBaW?si=Rwn5iUzcTUe7cpaWrvEDEg

THURSDAY - MAY 16, 2019

 

The day was here.

It was finally the Friday before the Mickey Mouse Club reunion. I had a difficult time sleeping and knew I would be restless today. It was 4:00am and had to get ready to pick up Lauren from her mom’s house. Lauren was Gianne's cousin, although they felt more like sisters. I jumped out of bed and started getting ready.  I packed most of my belongings the days prior and just needed to finish the little things – charger, toiletries, glasses, etc.  After tying my long black hair up in a messy ponytail, I double checked my purse for my wallet, ID and my keys, grabbed a granola bar, and headed out the door. I text’d Lauren that I was on my way and was at their place in 20 minutes.  Being that it was so early in the morning, I text’d her again:   

 

just got here :) 

After a few seconds, my phone went off. 

OK, be out in a few


I opened up the mmc playlist I recently made on Spotify so that the car suddenly filled with music. I saw the garage suddenly open and watched Lauren make her way out with her carry on luggage. She opened the back door to the truck. 

 

Lauren: Hola

Gianne: Hi! Did you get enough sleep? 

Lauren: Somewhat. What about you?!

Gianne: Eh. But who cares!? It’s all worth the lack of sleep if JC ends up being there!


Lauren starts laughing. She shoves her luggage in the back and hops in the front seat. We wave to her mom in the garage and back out of the driveway. No more than 10 minutes, we were at the airport parking lot in front of the southwest terminal. 

As soon I put the truck in park, I start bouncing up and down in my seat & start getting super excited. 


Gianne: oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. 


Lauren just starts laughing at me. 

We both get out of the truck and grab our luggage. We head into the terminal and go through all the security checkpoints and screenings.  As soon as we find our gate, we sit down at the first two seats we see available. I pull out my vlogging camera setup. 


Lauren: oh geez, what is that? 

Gianne: im going to attempt vlogging this weekend…. starting now! 


I turn on the camera and try to record myself without caring about anyone staring at me. Easier said than done. That was one challenge I had to overcome if I wanted to vlog this weekend. I had to make sure I didn’t care that people were staring at me or giving me weird looks. I scoot in closer to Lauren and get her in the shot really quick before she covers her face. We did just wake up and looked totally bummy. I maybe should’ve presented myself a little better especially since we were landing in Orlando - the only airport that most of the celebs were going to be arriving at. Total fail! 


I put my camera on sleep while we still had 20 minutes before we boarded. Eventually after a few minutes, the seating area was almost full.  The Southwest attendant came on the intercom and started the boarding process with all the special boarding classes. Luckily we still had gotten group A when we checked in. With all the early boarding upgrades, we were about halfway through the group. We stood in our designated number spots and I immediately felt the butterflies multiply in my stomach. One - because I was getting excited and two - due to the flying part of this trip. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to it. 


We started to board and I turned my camera back on. After giving the attendant my ticket to scan, I started filming again in the jet bridge. Lauren looked back at me to wave to the camera and I stopped filming again as soon as I reached the entry to the plane. We looked for the first two empty seats & put our carry on luggage away. We put our phones in airplane mode, sat back, and relaxed the rest of the way. 


5 hours later … 


We land in Orlando. Lauren is looking out the window as we land and finally pull up to the terminal.  The one thing I hate, when people stand up as soon as the plane stops. You can’t rush the people before you – might as well stay seated and wait. It was finally our turn and we reached up for our luggage and made our way off the plane, thanking the flight attendants and pilots.  We used the restrooms & made our way to the rental cars.  Since we didn’t have any checked in luggage, we didn’t have to wait in baggage claim. 


After getting the rental car stuff situated, we were on our way.  We had ended up in a compact SUV rental similar to a RAV4. Lauren fidgeted with the radio trying to find a station. 


Lauren: So are any celebs actually staying at this hotel? 

Gianne: I’m not sure. I know before Disney got involved in the event, they were – but now, I don’t know. I hope we run into someone. 


Lauren finally found a station and it was playing Aaliyah’s Are You That Somebody. 

Being that it was a Friday afternoon, I was afraid it was going to be traffic – but luckily it wasn’t too bad.  We parked the car and made our way to the hotel lobby. It was definitely crowded since MegaCon was already in full effect since the day before. I get in line to check into the hotel. I look around and start people watching – because hey, that’s what I do. 

I notice a familiar jacket at one of the check in windows. A tropical like jacket with neon colors. NO FUCKIN WAY! 


I start hitting Lauren’s arm. 

Gianne: (in a panicking, whispering tone) HOLY FUCKING SHIT LAUREN! ITS HIM! 

Lauren: (looking around): What?! Who?

Gianne: It’s JC

Lauren: Are you serious? Where? 

Gianne: At the far end check in window. 


Lauren looks and continues to stare, waiting for him to turn around.  I notice he has a few people around him, including Eric, his agent. There was no way we’d be able to approach him to take a picture. I don’t know if I’d even gather up enough nerve to do it. 


Lauren: Are you gonna go over there? This is it – you’re so close to him. You have to do it! 

Gianne: I mean, I don’t think I can. I’m scared. I’m nervous. I mean… if he’s here checking in, he’s obviously going to be there tomorrow at our VIP meet n greet & everything else, right!? 


I start getting anxious because what if he’s not attending the reunion. My mind starts running a thousand miles per minute – thinking of so many possibilities. I was actually surprised he wasn’t already being swarmed by all of us mid-age females. There had to be other fans in this lobby. I can’t be the only one that sees him. 


The next check in attendant then calls us up. Lauren has to nudge me to snap me out of my JC watching stare. 


I find the attendant smiling as I approach. 


Gianne: Sorry about that! Hi! How are you?
Hyatt employee: Good! Thank you! How are you ladies this afternoon? 

Lauren: Good!

Gianne: Great! Now that I’ve seen someone! 

Hyatt employee: Are you ladies here for the megacon convention? 

Gianne: Partly. More so the Mickey Mouse Club reunion. 

Hyatt employee: Ah, I see. That explains your distant stare towards a particular direction

(as she nods her head towards the preferred check in area)


Lauren starts laughing. 


Gianne: Oh gosh, was I that obvious?

But then again, I’m surprised im the only one noticing him. And I can’t believe he’s also checking into this hotel. 

Hyatt employee: You’ll probably have more run-in’s with several others. It’s a pretty jam packed weekend. 


My eyes go wide & I start grinning from ear to ear. 


Lauren: You just made her day. 


The Hyatt employee starts laughing. She finishes checking us in and hands us our keys. She gives us a general sense of direction of where to go for elevators, the convention center, etc. We thank her and leave the check in desk. 


I look around and notice JC had already left. 


Gianne: dammit! he’s gone. 

Lauren: It’s ok. you heard the lady, you’ll probably run into him & who knows who else later. 

Gianne: yea, but she could just be saying that. 


Before heading up to the room, we went to look for the MMC registration desk to get our credentials and what not. I pull out the map that they had emailed me prior and try to find our way around the enormous hotel lobby. We eventually find the table and I recognize one of the gals behind the table. It was Lisa Cannata – she had worked with Dale & Chasen to send out the video update. 


As we approach the table, 

Lisa: Hey ladies! Checking in? 

Gianne: yep … Lisa right? 

Lisa: Yes! Do ya’ll have the confirmation letter or receipt from when you booked? 

Gianne: Yes I do! 

Lauren: She has copies of everything! 


We all let out a laugh. 


Lisa: Hey, better safe than sorry. 

Gianne: Exactly! 


She starts searching for our credentials and packet and hands them over to us. 


Lisa: Aah, you guys are some of our VIP’s. Thank you so much for attending and being part of this event. 

Lauren: We wouldn’t have missed this! I was such a big fan of the show back in the day. 

Gianne: Yea, she actually introduced it to me

Lauren: I do have to say that I am bummed though that Keri isn’t able to make it. 

Lisa: Yea, due to scheduling with her new broadway show – unfortunately, she wasn’t able to make it out. But there are a bunch of other surprises – so hopefully that’ll make up for it. 

Gianne: (with a giddy smile) Is it safe to assume JC is one of those surprises since I saw him checking in at the front desk?

Lisa: are you kidding me? He was just out in the open? 


Lisa buries her face in her hands, shaking her head. 

 

Lisa: what am I gonna do with that boy? ya’ll have to keep that hush okay?

Gianne: Don’t worry, I feel like I was the only one who noticed him in the lobby.  

Lisa: (lets out a lil’ relieved laugh) but yes, he will be in attendance for some of the events.

Gianne: Some? 

Lisa: He won’t be at the megacon meet n greet but he’ll be at yours tomorrow morning. and he’ll be at the epcot events. 

Lauren: Awesome! 


The biggest smile comes on my face. I’m relieved. I can rest easy tonight. And Lauren is laughing at me knowing that what Lisa said just made my day. 

Lisa: So everything you need are in those packets, so look them over and we’ll see you guys tomorrow! 

Gianne: Thank you so much! 

Lauren: See you tomorrow! 


We make our way to the elevators to head into the room. 


Gianne: OMG LAUREN! 

Lauren: I know! Aren’t you stoked now!? 

Gianne: I’m DYING! I can’t contain myself!

Surprisingly, when we got in the elevator, we noticed we were almost to the top floor – 28th floor. And the hotel had 30 floors. I assume the 30th floor was mainly suites – or one gigantic suite. We were in room 2802, so we were fairly close to the elevator. That was a plus. We walked into the room and saw two queen beds, which was noted in the confirmation email. And on the center table, two goodie bags. This must’ve been the special gifts for the VIP attendees. 


The goodie bag alone was super cute. It had the MMC30 logo and was one of those reusable cloth bags. Inside was an mmc lanyard to use with our credentials, an mmc keychain, and t-shirt. Thank goodness we didn’t buy these from the MMC shop online.  We plop on each of our beds just from being so exhausted. 


Gianne: Its crazy that half the day is gone and we only traveled for 6 hours. 

Lauren: Seriously! It’s like, we only have time to eat & then sleep. 


I look at the time and its already 6pm. I look through the hotel directory to see if there were any restaurants worth trying in the hotel. Plus, we didn’t really want to drive out just to eat. 


Gianne: What do you feel like eating for dinner? 

Lauren: Anything at this point. 

Gianne: So there’s your usual steakhouse. Sushi. or whatever deli sandwiches they might have at the café. Or room service. 


Lauren grabs the book to check the room service menu. 


Lauren: I’m good with room service if you are. 

Gianne: Yea, I do just feel like stewing. Especially since we’re not getting much sleep this weekend.

Lauren: Exactly! 


So Lauren calls the room service extension and orders a bleu cheese burger with fries and orders me prime rib with a baked potato. 


Lauren: You and your fancy prime rib… 

Gianne: What… it’s what im craving at the moment. 

Lauren: They said about 35 minutes. 

Gianne: Ok… let me go grab some ice. I’ll be right back. 


I grab the ice bucket and head out into the hall towards the vending machines. Walking closer, I can hear someone already getting some ice. I walk slower that way there isn’t an awkward waiting silence in however small a room it is. 


As I turn the corner into the vending machine room, a taller gentleman turns the corner as well, almost running into each other. 


As I slowly look up to face the gentleman…

Gianne: Oops, im sorry. Excuse me. 

JC: Oh, my bad! I’m sorry. 


I can feel my eyes go big.  I can feel myself turning red. I don’t want to fangirl in front of him, especially since its just us two. Sure if there were a hundred other girls here, then maybe yea, I would be screaming my head off to join in. 

I try to smile but in my head, I’m thinking, shit! what am I wearing? am I presentable? 


Gianne: Oh no… you’re okay. You’re fine. 

JC: (flashing his gorgeous smile) Have a good evening

Gianne: yea… you too! 


I continue to the ice machine as he leaves the vending area. 

I frantically try to catch my breath – breathing in and out. Did I just casually speak to JC Chasez of NSYNC and not lose my shit?! Unbelievable. But yet, I didn’t get a picture or anything with him. Not like I had my phone anyway. I take a big sigh. I rest my head on the ice machine as I place the bucket under the ice dispensary. Another failed attempt. But at least I had contact this time – just no evidence to document it. 

 

JC: (concerned) Hey, are you okay? 

 

Startled, I bring my head back up and almost drop my ice bucket. 

Gianne: (turning red & feeling hopelessly embarrassed) yea, im fine. just a long travel day...getting my rest in where I can fit it. 


Shit! Way to look like a loser, Gianne! 

Why did he come back? Did he forget something? 


JC: (letting out a lil’ laugh) I get you. You here for work? 

He continued to the vending machine to get a few sodas. That’s what he must have forgotten. He began putting a few dollar bills into the machine. 


Gianne: Uh, no actually. I’m actually here for the MMC reunion.  (shyly smiling)


JC had an amused look on his face, like he knew where this was going next. Maybe he was expecting me to fan girl now, or ask for a photo. But I wasn’t going to be able to do that since I had no phone on me. So I continued to try and play it cool. I grabbed my ice bucket since it was full a long time ago. 


JC:  Oh awesome! 

Gianne: Yea…. so maybe I’ll see you around tomorrow? 

(giving him a sweet but not overly flirty smile, while making my way to exit the vending area)

JC: Yea… maybe 

 

Before I turn the corner, I stop and turn to face JC once again. 

 

Gianne: By the way…. my name’s Gianne

JC: Nice to meet you Gianne. (pausing & nodding) JC. 

Gianne: Nice to meet you too


I continued back to our room.
Did I just act as if I didn’t know him? Should I have said I knew who he was? 

Well, there was nothing I could do about it now. If he’s at the meet and greet tomorrow, he’ll know that I knew who he was when I bust out my NSYNC cd for him to sign. 

I open the door to our room and Lauren’s looking at me – wondering why I took so long. 


Lauren: Was there a lot of people getting ice? or what? 

Gianne: Just one other person… and I’ll give you one guess who it was

Lauren: Are you fuckin’ kidding me? JC ? 


I just nod. 


Lauren: Tell me you said something to him

Gianne: well… we almost ran into each other – we just apologized for almost doing so. Then he came back to get sodas & we somewhat had a conversation. 

Lauren: (in a teasing tone) Did you tell him how much you love him!? 

Gianne: Noooo … I played it cool. made it seem like I didn’t know who he was. 

Lauren: You’re telling me you didn’t say you’ve been a fan for 20 years and have been dying to meet him for the longest time

Gianne: Yes… that’s what im telling you. I figure I’ll just tell him that tomorrow when I ask for his autograph & photo 

Lauren: (stunned) unbelievable! 


We hear a knock at the door and open it to see our food. We were starving. 

We had the server bring in the cart and we tipped him as he left. 


As we begin to devour our food. 

Lauren: So that means, JC’s staying on this floor? 

Gianne: Yea… I didn’t wanna be a creeper and try to eye which way he went. 

Lauren: (laughing) that’s a first

Gianne: shut up! 


After eating, we stay up watching some reruns of Friends before heading to sleep. 

 

After all, we had to be up by 7’ish to be down in the lobby by 8:15 am.  I just pray I get some sleep in, but doubt it due to all the excitement and thoughts running through my head. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

hope you guys like it. leave feedback. would love you hear what you guys think! :) 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story