Author's Chapter Notes:

spotify tracks 48 (safety net) to 49

 

 

SUNDAY 9/1

 

I woke up to JC's arm wrapping around me to bring me closer to him. He nuzzled his head into my hair and just cuddled. I shimmied into him to get even closer.

 

Gianne: mmm… good morning 

JC : (kissing my shoulder) morning 

 

We just laid in bed cuddling, not rushing to get up.

 

JC : you know you have the cutest snore? 

Gianne: Oooh my gosh! I was snoring!!? 

 

I was mortified. I placed my hands over my face. JC laughed at my reaction. I turned on my back & faced him a little. 

 

Gianne: did I keep you up? Ugh! I'm sorry. 

JC : I said cute, not loud. 

Gianne: of course you would say it's cute. Is there even such a thing as a cute snore? You prolly won't think it's cute later down the line

 

JC reached over to grab me & bring me in to kiss him. We got out of bed & took one of our special showers. It was definitely a way to wake up. We had breakfast & killed time before Eric's BBQ party at 5pm. JC did some work while I caught up with social media and the house situation. I sat out on JC's balcony under one of his umbrellas and started researching on my phone - pros & cons of renting out a house. How much my house could possibly go for. When I couldn't take anymore real estate jargon, I messaged some of the gals on IG. 

 

              Hi guys. 

Update: id say we're 90% there ;) 


OMFG! SHUT UP!!!

 

THIS TOTALLY MADE MY DAY! 

YOU'RE NOT FUCKIN WITH US, RIGHT! 

 

Now why on earth would i do that?! 

 

The girls could not contain their excitement. Messaging was ongoing for about 20 minutes with all their theories & possibilities. I looked at the time & saw that it was 4 o'clock. I thought I'd start getting ready. I walked into the house & closed the sliding door. I was refreshed by the AC in the house. It didn't dawn on me how hot it had been outside. I made my way upstairs & passed JC's studio office. He seemed really serious but I figured it was work related & let it go. I put on my dark blue jeggings, light pink silk cami, and started on my makeup. As I was finishing up my eyeliner, JC walked in & leaned on the bathroom doorway. I looked at him in the mirror. 

 

Gianne : everything ok? 

JC: Eric text'd me. Said one of his guests mentioned bringing a plus one. 

Gianne : (anxiously waiting for JC to say her name already) it's Jen

JC : (sighing) yea….. Gosh, do you ladies just have this sense or something? 

Gianne: well, one is the way you're delivering the message

 

JC reached up to guiltily scratch his head - it was definitely a sexy distraction. But now all I could think of was Jen. I would have to meet Jen. JC would have to see her with another guy. Would that test out his feelings for her? 

 

Gianne: (checking the final touches on my makeup) ok, im ready whenever you are

 

I walk towards the exit of the bathroom towards JC. He was halfway dressed - just needing to put on his shirt or whatever he was wearing. He stopped me from exiting the restroom resulting in me having to look at him.

 

JC: are you sure you’re ok with this? 

Gianne: (sighing) if we dont deal with it now - it’ll be some other time. might as well get it over with. and its not like i have a choice, she’s someone’s plus one. 

 

JC lets me pass through into the bedroom to sit on the bed. He knew i was bothered by it and i couldn’t control my mouth or my thoughts. We always promised to be honest with each other, which is why i just kept blabbing. 

 

Gianne: are you okay with it? you’re gonna see her there with some new guy. maybe it will test your feelings for her. maybe thats what she’s trying to get out of this. 

 

JC: (squatting in front of me) Ok stop! 

Gianne: (embarassed from my rant) i’m sorry. i dont mean to be jealous. its just that… what we have… ive never had before and im just afraid to lose it so soon 

JC: Gianne, look at me. 

 

I slowly look at him. 

 

JC: i no longer have any feelings for jen. its you and me. you have nothing to worry about. 

Gianne: but do i have to worry about her? Don't get me wrong! I trust you with all of my heart. But I don't know her. This may be a side of her you've never seen. I don't mean to assume but I also don't want to be naive and think she's going to be a mature adult about this either. 

JC : ok that's fair. I highly doubt anything of that sort will happen BUT if it does, we are out the door. I'm not gonna tolerate it, and any disrespect towards you, I will definitely not tolerate. 

 

I scratch my head and just try to prep myself for the night. JC got up, kissed the top of my head, and finished getting ready. He walked out in a "salmon" colored shirt with a blazer jacket over it. Wasn't he hot in that blazer? I was just in a cami & was sweating bricks - but that could also be due to me being worked up. I got up from the bed and shook off all the nerves. I head downstairs with JC following behind me. I grab my purse & make sure I have all the necessities. He grabs his keys off the counter and I follow behind him to the garage. We get in the jeep and JC starts the engine.

 

While waiting for the car to warm up… 

 

Gianne: I'm sorry for acting the way I did. 

JC : Gianne u don't have to apologize. I get it. I do. I'm sorry for putting you in this situation

Gianne : you didn't… you have no control over this. 

(turning to face him & leaning my head against the seat) I promise I'll be good & be on my best behavior.

 

We lean in to kiss one another, which calmed our nerves just a bit. OK, maybe it was just my nerves. JC backed out of the garage and made his way to eric’s house. His house was close to Brentwood, up on a hill, with an amazing view. JC parked along the street, which was smart in case we had to leave. If he parked in the driveway, that’d be too many people to ask to move their cars. We get out of the jeep and I meet JC in front of his car. He grabs my hand and squeezes it to comfort me. 

 

JC: one move and we’re out

 

I nod my head and smile. He gives me another kiss. He leads the way to eric’s massive house. We enter the house and are greeted by servers with drinks - summer cocktails and beer. As we walk further into the house, some of the guests see JC and come over to greet him. He greets them back and introduces me to every single person. There was no way i was going to remember all these names. So far the ones i knew i would remember would be Kevin, Chord, and Brody - since I already knew of them. With every introduction as JC’s girlfriend, i got the same reaction of bugged out eyes and an semi-awkward ‘nice to meet you.’ Made me think that Jen was already here and they were just waiting for the drama to ensue. As we walked towards the pool area, we came across Matt, his wife, and Darren and his wife.  JC greets each of the guys with a bro handshake before saying hello to Renee & Mia. 

 

Matt: (leaning in to hug me) Gianne, nice to see you again. 

Gianne: (hugging back) you too

 

I then turn to Renee and we exchange hugs as well. 

 

JC: Darren, this is my girlfriend, Gianne. 

Darren: (extending his hand to mine) lovely to meet you Gianne. this is my wife, Mia. 

Gianne: (shaking both their hands) its lovely to meet you both 

 

The guys start catching up and a familiar face walks up to Darren. 

 

Michael: Hey Darren, you’ve got to try these apps. they are soooo good. 

Gianne: Michael? 

Michael: (looking at me) oh my gosh! Gianne! 

 

We cheek to cheek kiss, and the others just looked at us wondering how we knew each other. 

 

Michael: (still stunned) what are you doing here? 

Gianne: (looking at JC & smiling) um… i’m with him 

Michael: (looking at JC) JC… ?

JC: What’s up Michael? (looking at me & michael) … how do you two know each other ?

Gianne & Michael: (in sync) college 

Darren: ha… what a small world. 

 

Eric then joins our little group, saying hi to JC. 

 

JC: Eric, this is Gianne

Eric: Ah, Gianne.. nice to finally meet you. i’ve heard so much about you 

Gianne: nice to meet you too …. your place is amazing 

Eric: thank you. please make yourself at home. enjoy the food. drinks. 

 

I smile to thank him. Eric excuses himself to greet the other guests. We all continue chit-chatting. A lot asked how long JC & I have been dating and how we met. I found out that Michael was Darren’s publicist and they realized that I had majored in PR too. While others were talking, i looked around to see how many more people had arrived. As i turned around to face our little group again, i saw Jen turn the corner w/ whoever she came with, both with drinks in hand. I turned away as soon as i knew they were going to make their way to say their hellos. I could feel myself start panicking, growing nervous, and my face heating up. I just tried my best to focus on the conversation with Michael & Mia. 

 

Jen: Matt. Renee. hi… how are you? 

 

As they continued saying their hellos, i could feel all eyes on me. If anything began to transpire, i would need to be the bigger, mature person. JC took a sip of his beer as Jen introduced her guy friend to those that didn’t know him. He was apparently a colleague of Eric’s. She moved to JC next and gave him a hug hello. JC was polite as usual, letting her hug him and shaking the guys hand. He then placed his arm around my waist bringing me in and introduced me to Jen. 

 

JC: Jen, this is Gianne. Gianne, Jen. 

Gianne: (extending my hand to her & smiling) hi jen, nice to meet you 

Jen: (looking at JC’s arm around me, then looking at me and forcing a smile) same. 

 

She continued greeting the other people around us, and i took a swig of my cocktail. The buffet table was about ready to go and everyone slowly made their way to get some food. I had finished my drink by the time we got to the food. One of the servers relieved me of my glass. We grabbed our food as we served ourselves & JC made his way to a table set up by the pool, which overlooked the city. 

 

Gianne : (settling in my seat) food looks amazing

JC : Eric knows the best caterers

 

Matt & Renee joined us at our table and we all chatted. They took an interest in getting to know more about me - which made me glad that they didn't think of me as a nobody, or not part of their social circle. After eating and some more socializing, I excused myself to use the restroom. 

 

Renee : JC, she's lovely… And you seem different with her

Matthew: a GOOD different 

JC : (smiling) thanks guys. She definitely makes me happy 

 

They teased him a little more, but all in good fun. Jen approached the table. 

 

Jen: I'm sorry to interrupt, but JC, can I have a moment? 

JC : (hesitant) uh, yea… sure

 

He gets up from the table excusing himself. They walk towards the hedge to speak in private. 

 

Jen: I can't believe you brought her to Erics BBQ, after you've only been dating for a month 

JC : why does it matter how long we've been dating? She's my girlfriend. Why wouldn't I bring her? 

Jen: you knew I'd be here 

JC : and? She's not allowed to be in the same place as you? Plus, you're here with another guy. 

 

They continue bickering. As I walked out one of the sliding doors, I noticed JC wasn't at the table and briefly looked around. I didn't want to make it seem like I was monitoring his every move. I saw him & Jen talking & just let it be. I went to the bar to grab another drink. Mia, Darren's wife, joined me. 

 

Mia: what're you drinking? 

Gianne: Malibu breeze

Mia: (to the bartender) make that two

Gianne: so have you been coming to these gatherings for a while now? 

Mia: just the past two years - still fairly new

Gianne: thanks for making it a little easier

 

After we get our drinks, we head back to our seats - our tables being next to each other. As we were walking back, we had a straight shot view of JC & Jen. Jen saw me glance their direction & of course, had to take advantage of the moment. I just couldn't believe she'd do that to jc, here at a very public party - and not to mention, whoever she came with. 

 

Jen: J, I'm sorry, it's just that I miss you

 

Before JC could respond, Jen pulled him in for a kiss. JC was shocked at what was happening that he didn't react as fast as he would've liked. When the shock factor went away, he pulled away & pushed Jen away. 

 

JC : what was that? 

Jen: (with her hands all over JC) baby just admit you miss me too

JC :  (stopping Jen from touching him) I'm with Gianne now. Me & you - friends. That's all we'll ever be now. OK? 

 

Jen motioned her understanding to back off. She was upset & disappointed. JC made his way back to our table. 

 

Meanwhile, I felt like I was in a soap opera. Everyone was watching this unfold. Now, they were waiting for my reaction - my response. I wasn't going to be the one to make a scene. Sure, I hesitated in my step but kept moving. I took a big gulp of my drink as I finally reached our table with Matt & Renee. I smiled & sat down. Mia sat next to Darren, who was at the table behind me. She grabbed my shoulder, which let me know to be strong & she was right there. Matt began to start a conversation but was interrupted by JC sitting down next to me. I was startled & looked at him. Matt & Renee then excused themselves. 

 

Gianne: (taking a sip of my drink) good talk? 

JC : (sighing) you saw? 

Gianne : I think everyone did 

JC : you were right. You had a feeling and you were right. I'm sorry. I hate that I put you through this. 

Gianne: (sympathetic) again, it's not you. 

JC : (running his fingers through his hair) thank you for not flipping out & running out of here. 

Gianne: (shrugging) I said I'd be on my best behavior…. but you could've pushed her away a little sooner 

 

JC nods in agreement & starts to lean in for a kiss. I grab his face by the cheeks with one hand & squeeze. 

 

Gianne: (making a face) yea,.... You're gonna have to down something or rinse your mouth before I kiss you 

JC : (backing away) gotcha 

 

He places his arm around the back of my chair as we both take sips of our drink. Matt & Renee returned with drinks in hand. 

 

Matt: (cautiously) do we have the all clear to sit down?

JC : of course man! 

 

The dj starts bumping some 90s hip hop music & me & Renee can't help but bounce in our seats.

 

Matt: looks like we need to get on the dance floor

 

Renee & I cheer & get up. JC stayed seated & I had to drag him to get up to join us. I gave him a look that said, "you owe me this" or "this is the least you could do". He got up & walked with us while we danced. It took a moment before JC loosened up and put his hands all over me - or his one free hand at least. He had a beer in the other, waving it around while he danced. At one point, i had my back to him, swaying my hips and just enjoying the music with great company. He wrapped one arm around my waist and nestled his face in my neck. I rubbed up against him - making sure that it’d only be me on his mind, only me that he’d want tonight. Darren and Mia eventually joined in on the dancing, as well as Kevin and some others. It was such a great time and thankfully, it drowned out the drama with Jen. Luckily, Jen stayed off on the far corner of the dance floor and stayed out of our way. I dont know if i could deal with anymore of that. We enjoyed the rest of the night - talking, dancing, and socializing. Guests began leaving at around 10:30 - making sure to say their goodbyes and thank you’s to Eric. When there weren't many guests left, JC went to discuss some stuff with Eric. I huddled around with the other gals, while the men fucked around. Renee nudged me in the arm when she noticed Jen and her date about to say goodbye to Eric. I couldn’t help but glance, but JC had to know all eyes were on them by now. Eric and JC shook the guys hand as they said their goodbyes. Jen kept her distance and just nodded and smiled to both Eric & JC. As soon as they turned to walk to their car, JC returned to Eric and got deep in conversation again. I let out a sigh of relief. 

 

Mia: (whispering to me) i’d say he learned his lesson

 

I let out a laugh and we continue chit chatting. We all exchange numbers and talk about planning a lunch outing in the coming weeks. I couldn’t believe it. We eventually all say our goodbyes and thank Eric for an overall great night. A bunch of us walk out to our cars, the guys messing with each other like college roommates, saying their goodbyes. When we reach JC’s jeep, he pinned me against the passenger door. He places his hand beneath my chin, lifting my head up to look at him - while his other hand was against the jeep. 

 

JC: (with puppy dog eyes) am i finally allowed to kiss you now? 

 

I bite my lip in thought, let out a lil’ smile and nod. He leans in slowly to kiss me. I could sense his apology in the way he kissed me - it was soft & slow, almost like if it were the last time he’d ever get to kiss me. He pushed up against me and I could feel my insides drop & my heart racing. 

 

JC :(after pulling away) I love you 

Gianne : I love you too 

 

He opened the passenger door for me and shut the door as soon as I buckled in. He got in the car & we made our way home. 

 

When we got back to his place, we headed straight for the shower. We washed off everything bad from the evening - sweat, smoke, and Jen. I didnt know if I was over their kiss - but JC was doing a hell of a job making me forget it & making it up to me. I know he felt bad, but I didn't want him to think it was ok that they kissed. But tonight, I wasn't gonna think about it anymore. We got out of the shower, attempting to dry ourselves off, before hitting the bed. JC made love to me all night - showing me how much he loved me, multiple times. I was exhausted. When he knew I couldn't take anymore, he cuddled into me & fell asleep. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story