Author's Chapter Notes:

spotify tracks 6 (I can't believe) to 9


 

As we approach the guys, we see Dale & Tony look at each other after JC informed them we were walking over with them. They start doing the guy hooting & hollering - egging JC on. 

 

Tony: Hello again ladies.. 

We just smile at Tony. 
Everyone started gathering whatever belongings they had as we started to make our way over. I made sure to stay side by side with Lauren as we walked to avoid getting separated. JC then made his way to my right side. 

JC: So where you from?
Gianne: So Cal 

JC: Oh nice, when are you guys flying back? 

Gianne: Tomorrow afternoon 

JC: Oh wow, so you were literally here just for the reunion. 

Gianne: Yea, pretty much. So how long has it been since you’ve last seen some of these guys? 

JC: Uhm, I’d say the Walk of Fame ceremony. At least that’s when I last saw Dale and Lisa. 

Gianne: Oh yea… that weekend was insane. I was glad to be able to take part in the festivities

JC: Oh wow, you attended the ceremony? 

Gianne: yup, and went to the pop up  

JC: Awesome! 

Lauren: yea, she has an nsync dedicated IG too 

 

I immediately look at her with a 'why did you tell him that?' look.  Lauren then turns her head and starts talking to Dale, who immediately starts laughing.

 

JC: Do you now? 

Gianne: (blushing) sorta

JC: I’ll have to take a look at that one day..

Gianne: yea.. says the guy who barely responds or posts to any social media

JC: Hey… I try

Gianne: try harder!

 

Did I just say that to JC? Who the heck did I think I was saying that to him?

As we get about halfway to the convention center, I see a familiar face waiting for the cast to catch up. It was Joey & his girlfriend, Izzy.

 

Lauren: Hey look.. it’s Joey!

Gianne: I was wondering where he’s been .. I was expecting him to be at the VIP brunch. 

JC: Yea, he had a prior engagement before the panel.

 

Joey says hi to everyone and introduces Izzy to those who haven’t met her yet. He then spots JC. 

Joey: Hey man, hows it going?
JC: Good man… how was your speaking engagement? 
Joey: Good good… no Jen? 
JC: Nah, she had stuff planned this weekend that she couldn’t reschedule.
Joey: I see… 

Gianne overheard Jen’s name and their conversation just confirmed that she did stay back home this weekend. I was glad to hear it, since seeing them together may just put a damper on my mood.

 

Izzy makes her way and hugs JC to say hi. 

 

JC: Hey Izzy.. how are you? 
Izzy: Good.  Good to see you. 

JC: Uh guys… (motions towards me & lauren) this is Gianne & Lauren. Some of the VIP’s that we met. 

Joey: Hey.. nice meeting you guys!

 

Joey reaches out to shake our hands.


Lauren: yea, nice meeting you too 

 

I then look at Izzy. 

Gianne: Izzy.. I’ts so nice to meet you. 
Izzy: aww youre so sweet. 
Gianne: would love to get a photo with you 
Izzy: Of course… lets take it now. 

I shuffle for my phone & hand it to Joey. Me, Lauren, and Izzy squeeze together and get our photo taken. 

 

Gianne: thank you so much! 

Izzy: no prob!

 

We eventually start walking again since it was almost noon. We continued through several hallways that weren’t visible through the main lobby/walkway. I assumed it was to avoid the crowds of people that may recognize the MMC cast. 

We continue chit chatting with Izzy and love her even more after getting to know a little more about her. We talked about Bruno and what we did back in Cali. 
Joey then started mumbling with JC, who were walking a few feet ahead of us. 


Joey: So what’s the deal? 

JC: the deal with…?

Joey: Gianne & Lauren

JC: what? I ran into Gianne last night in the hotel & then got to know them a little more during the VIP brunch… so I just asked them to walk on over with us. 

Joey: (smirking) Uh huh… 

JC: I have a girlfriend Joe

Joey: exactly.. but she’s not here is she?

JC: will you stop!?

Joey: I’m just saying dude.. even you said that things were “changing” a few weeks after coachella. 

JC: ok… changing the subject

Joey: just make sure to end things first if you decide to pursue anything, if you will…

 

JC shoves Joey like guys do & then they start laughing. 

We finally reach the convention center and enter through a private entrance that leads to the main stage, where the panel is being held. As we’re about to walk through, security notices our badges and stops us. 

Security: excuse me? can I see…
JC: (interrupting) oh sorry … they’re with us!

Security then lets us proceed with the group. Lauren & I felt so special. Event coordinators informed the group how they were going to be introduced out and specified where family & friends could sit. Izzy said that we should sit with her so that she was with someone she knew. 

Gianne: we just wanna be sure its okay since we were designated to the VIP area. we don’t wanna take up any seats for any family or friends. 

Izzy: there’s two rows for family & friends. and it doesn’t look like its going to fill up. but I’ll go have joe ask in case

Gianne: Ok

 

As Izzy went to inquire about the seats…


Lauren: this is insane. look at you getting all chummy with all of them. how did you even know Joey’s girlfriends name..

Gianne: I follow her on instagram

Lauren: of course! 

Gianne: hey.. its how I stay in the know

 

We both let out a giggle. 

Izzy made her way back to us and said we were fine to sit with her. It was insane. We were sitting in the first row with her. 

The panel began and Joey did an awesome job. The dynamic between all the mouseketeers was as if they had never been apart. It was as if they had just filmed an MMC episode yesterday. Once the panel finished, the crowd dispersed. 

Izzy: So where you guys headed off to? 

Lauren: we wanna stop by the MMC booth real quick and maybe walk around to see the other booths

Gianne: What about you? Are you gonna look around? Or do you have to head out with Joey? 

Izzy: he’s actually doing the autographs with the rest of the MMC cast – so would you guys mind if I tag along? 

Gianne: of course not!

 

We walk over to the cast so that Izzy could fill Joey in on her plans to hang with us.

 

Joey: (joking) What!? You’re ditching me!

 

Izzy makes a face at him and they start laughing. 

Izzy: what time are we heading out to epcot? 
Joey: well autographs end around 4pm – so just be at the signing area by then
Izzy: got it 

She kisses him as we head out of the main stage auditorium. We give a general wave towards Joey.  He then walks with the rest of the cast to the autographing area. JC saw Joey and realized Izzy wasn’t around. 

JC: Hey, where’s Iz? 

Joey: She’s hanging out w/ Gianne & Lauren. They must’ve hit it off. 

JC: No way! That’s awesome! 

Joey: you’re a bit too excited about that. are you diggin’ Gianne? 

JC: What?! She’s cool. It’s just nice that she’s getting along with your girl – you know if we end up becoming friends or whatever. 

Joey: friends? sure… (smirking at JC) ...So you’re not doing the autograph portion right? 

JC: Nah – just gonna chill out before the epcot thing. 

Joey: alright! see you later then!

 

They do their guy handshake thing. JC makes his way back to the room w/ Eric, while Joey and the rest of the MMC cast get situated for autographs. 

 

Meanwhile, Izzy, Lauren and myself check out the MMC booth and take photos for our IG’s. Lauren & I check out some MMC souvenirs, and then we all eventually browse through the rest of MegaCon.

 

Lauren: So izzy, is there anything you’re really into that you try to find at these conventions? or anyone you really want to see or meet? 

Izzy: not so much, its more of seeing all the crazy cool things. and the costumes. 

Gianne: I know. its crazy how full out they go with the outfits. 

Izzy: exactly! 

What seemed like 30 minutes was actually almost 2 hours. It was already 3:00 pm & we had to be on our charter bus to epcot at 3:30pm. So we head back towards the autograph area and drop Izzy off. She figured she could get some IG stories in for Joey & capture some MMC moments. 
We hug her goodbye. 

Gianne: So we’ll see you at the dinner?

Izzy: for sure

Lauren: bye

 

Me & Lauren head back to the room to change into our “90’s outfits.” 


Lauren: Gianne.. I can’t believe what has happened already!? You’re all buddy buddy with Joey’s girlfriend. You’ve talked to JC. I mean.. this is like your teenage dreams coming true! Do you realize that? 

Gianne: believe me.. im still processing. im afraid im going to wake up & none of this happened.

Lauren: oh, its happening!

 

We finish getting ready and head towards the elevator. As the elevator opened, JC was walking out while talking on the phone. Lauren & I just smile at him.

 

JC: Jen, let me call you back.

 

He hangs up the phone and looks back at us. 


JC: Are you guys heading out to epcot already? 

Gianne: Yea, we’re part of the shuttle pick up at 3:30. Didn’t want to drive since we'll be drinking. 

JC: gotcha… um, so I’ll see you guys there then. 

Gianne: (smiling) okay.. see ya

He comes closer and ends up giving us side hugs.  Gosh he smelled good. 
As Lauren and I enter the elevator & watch the doors close. 

Lauren: Who’s Jen? 
Gianne: his girlfriend
Lauren: HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND? AND HE’S DOING ALL THIS FLIRTING?!
Gianne: (nervous laugh) he’s flirting? he could just be being friendly. 
Lauren: (giving me the eye) really Gianne? You were the queen of flirts in high school. 

I shrug my shoulders. I didn’t know what to think anymore. Let’s just get through the night. We arrived at Epcot & everyone was decked out in their 90’s outfits. Majority of people were wearing plaid, but you had your occasional baggy jeans, puffy jackets, and crop tops. When we were brought to our seats, we had an amazing view of the stage – if anyone decided to do a surprise performance. 

The table settings were amazing – blue, red, and yellow like the #MMC30 logos that have been circulating. Our names were placed at each setting & had menus scattered, similar to that of a wedding. We were being served surf and turf with baked potato. YUM! 


The room began to fill up quickly with it almost being 5pm. There were a few tables close by that were empty – possibly for the cast & their families. I was glad that we were going to be in close proximity if that were the case. 

An announcer came on stage stating that we would be starting shortly. Everyone hurried to their seats and was excited for the show to start. 

Joey came out to thank all the people that made it possible to put this reunion together, gave a brief rundown of the timeline, and told everyone to have fun. 


First up was dinner – caesar salad, surf & turf, and then crème brulee. When dessert was being served, that’s when Joey announced the first performance, which was Lindsey’s show. That was followed by several other performances – some we remembered from the show and other songs were from their solo projects. 

However, the one that made me go apeshit crazy – JC & Tony actually singing Now & Forever, like they did back on MMC. I think this was the song that the crowd screamed the loudest. I shoved Lauren back & forth because I couldn’t contain myself. She just laughed at me.

 

About 9pm, they had all of us move outside to prepare for the fireworks. Me and Lauren were getting up from our seats when Izzy popped out from the side stage.

 

Izzy: Hey Gianne! Lauren!

 

We turn to look towards the voice yelling. 


Gianne: Hey… whats up? 

Izzy: Joe & JC said ya’ll can stand with us for the fireworks. Especially since we didn’t get to really sit with you two during the dinner/performances. 

Lauren: really? 

Gianne: no way! that’s awesome! 


We gather our things and follow izzy. 


Gianne: were you backstage that whole time? did you even get to eat? 

Izzy: yea… we ate and hung out back there. and it was a decent side view of all the performances

Gianne: how was the autograph signing ? were they able to get through everybody? 

Izzy: for the most part. there might’ve been a few that joined the line late so they weren’t able to get anything signed

Lauren: awww bummer. 

As we walk through the side stage entrance, we see most of the mouseketeers chillin’ out. We tell everyone how awesome they did. 

Rhona: yea girl, we saw you jammin’ out at your table

Gianne: the only way to do it. when are we ever gonna get this chance again? 

Lauren: definitely a once in a lifetime moment… gotta make the most of it

Deedee: aww.. I love you girls!

 

We all share hugs. 

Joey & JC appear and give us side hugs.

 

Joey: Did you guys enjoy the show? 

Lauren: oh yea… it was amazing! 

Gianne: my night was made when you & tony sang Now & Forever. that is my ultimate fave!

Lauren: yea, she lost her shit.


JC lets out an amused laugh. 

The event coordinators tell the cast that the firework show is about to start, so we all make our way out the private side door, which led to a special section for the cast to watch. It wasn’t a lot of room, but enough to be fairly close to one another. Our little group of 5 were almost the last to walk out – led by Joey, izzy, Lauren, myself, and then JC. A few coordinators walked out after us, but we were still fairly close to the wall of the building. When the park lights dimmed and the first firework shot out – we all looked up at the sky admiring the light show. I, however, was surprised to feel two hands grab my waist – it was JC pulling me back to somewhat move in closer to him, ALMOST leaning on him while he leant against the wall. I move to situate myself closer to him, but at the same time… im thinking


this boy has a girlfriend. does he think I don’t know? but shit, who am I to not go along with this. any girl would die for this spot right now. I just wont let anything else happen. I mean, after all, im just standing close to him. its not like we’re cheating. 

And of course, no one really notices since we were the last two to walk out. Everyone is just looking up. Lauren looks to the side, noticing im not right next to her & catches a quick glimpse of how close me & JC are. I shrug & give her a face – mainly my eyes popping out. 

 

The fireworks finish up and everyone starts to applaud. I take a step forward to distance myself from JC before anyone sees, but he still had his hands on my waist for a few seconds after I took a few steps. Everyone began to make their way back inside the showplace to get ready for the after party.

 

JC: Hey, can I talk to you for a minute? 

Gianne: (looking at Lauren, then back to JC) uh yea…sure

 

Lauren catches up to Izzy so she isn’t just standing around solo. 

We stay outside where we had just watched the fireworks and find a ledge to sit on… 

 

Gianne: what’s up ? 

JC: Look, I don’t want you to think that I just hit on random girls when I want to

Gianne: especially since you have a girlfriend

JC: you know I have a girlfriend? 

Gianne: yea… ive seen photos. 

JC: and I don’t cheat. lets make that clear. 

Gianne: (putting hands up defensively) I didn’t say anything

JC: but I like you. you’re easy to talk to and you get along with everybody. 

 

I look away and look down smiling, hoping that im not turning red.  

 

Gianne: So you were hitting on me? 

JC: it wasn’t obvious? 

Gianne: hey.. I didn’t wanna assume. ive been totally wrong before. 

JC: if I didn’t have a girlfriend and this was taking place in some other time – some other place, I would’ve totally kissed you already. 

 

I immediately feel myself turn red, while JC runs his hand through his hair realizing what he just confessed so nonchalantly. 

 

Gianne: well since that is obviously not gonna happen tonight, why don’t we just have an awesome time at this 90’s afterparty. after all, its basically your high school reunion. 

JC: I agree. but I don’t want this to be the last time we ever hang out or whatever. so before we go in there … (pulling out his phone) … whats your number? 

Gianne: that’s one thing I never thought JC Chasez would be asking me 

JC: Oh will you stop!? 

 

I see him eyeing me waiting for me to give him my number. 

I let out a nervous laugh and give him my number. 

JC: Ok, lets go party! 

JC grabs my hand and drags me inside. 

We catch up to everyone inside and see that several tables were cleared out to make room for a dance floor.  As Lauren spots me walk in with JC, she runs to me, grabs my hand, and drags me on the dance floor. 

 

Lauren: C’mon! We love this song!

 

As I pay attention, I realize they are playing Lil’ Jon’s Get Low. We start dancing our way to the dance floor and immediately let loose as we reach the crowd of mmc fans. 
We dance the night away to all the jams we grew up to and just have the best time. Time flew by dancing & before we knew it, we had to get back on the shuttle to head back to the hotel. Once we got back to the room, we both took turns showering & went to bed. We were exhausted. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story