Author's Chapter Notes:

spotify tracks 15 (ending of lovers) to 19 (what a girl wants) 

 

I pull out my keycard and open the door, but at the same time watch him walk down the hall. As soon as he turned the corner, I walked in the room and plop on the bed. I lay there thinking about everything that happened tonight. I couldn’t believe it. My mom wasn’t in the room yet, so she must still be gambling, which was good because I wanted to soak in every moment before I had to explain to her what had happened tonight. I pull my phone out and look at all the photos/videos that I was able to get. At some point in the club, Lance text’d me the pictures we took. I couldn’t help but smile looking at them. Then the picture of JC & I. We looked like a couple. And the smiles on our faces were just so genuine and happy – its like we’ve known each other forever. I also notice all the notifications at the top of my phone – mainly from instagram. I pondered if I should even check them now – or wait until tomorrow morning. Who was I kidding? I wanted to see what footage got out there.

 

I opened Instagram and found myself tagged in so many videos – mainly when I was on stage doing the selfie with Lance. And there was so much buzz about JC being a surprise guest. People were losing their shit. A lot of people DM’d me asking if I got to meet JC. Goodness, I did not have the energy for this tonight, even though I was still on such a high. I went on Lance’s IG and saw all the posts I had done for him, in addition to one he must’ve added later that evening. It was the large group selfie with JC,  O-Town, Ryan, and Aaron. To post something for the night on my IG, I simply reposted Lance’s photo on mine, adding to the caption: 

 

Thank you to everyone that made this night *Ncredible! Truly one for the books! 

 

I made sure to tag all the artists & Melinda. Within seconds of posting it, I already had numerous likes. Damn! Didn’t people sleep? But then, the unthinkable happened. JC followed my account. JC was on social media. He hardly ever goes on there – this is gonna make people flip their shit. I couldn’t think about this anymore or else I’d never get to sleep. I wash up and get ready for bed. 

The next morning, I finally wake up around 11am. I just laid in bed – still unsure of all that happened last night. I grab my phone and see that I have a few texts.
First one I see is from JC, which was around 9am: 

good morning. 

 

I smile. Its so crazy how two words from one person can make me smile from ear to ear. If I respond now, i immediately thought, he’s going to think im such a bum sleeping in until 11. Oh well, nothing I could do about it now. 

 

good morning. 

you sure do know how to put a smile on my face

 

I then open the other text, which is from Lance. 

 

Hey – I have a crazy idea. 

When do you leave vegas? 

I suddenly sit up on the bed and am intrigued. Why does he get me excited like this and I don’t even know what its about yet. 

Hi! I don’t leave until tomorrow.

Why? What’s up? 

 

Perfect! Can you meet up for lunch? about an hour? 

 

Yea, sure! 

 

Ok, we’ll meet you at Spago – its in the shoppes. 

 

Sounds good! See ya!

 

I immediately jump out of bed and start getting ready. Showered in 5 minutes, did my hair, my makeup – and it was record time. I dressed in a floral knot top & jeans. I walk down to the shoppes and see Spago halfway in, to my right. I’m greeted by the hostess and tell her that I’m here to meet with Lance or Michael – I wasn’t sure who the reservation was under. Right then, Lance waved from the corner of the dining area. I tell the hostess nevermind and walk towards the table, only to notice that he’s accompanied by Melinda, Michael, and JC. 

 

Gianne: oh no, is this an intervention?

 

They all start laughing as they give me hugs. I sit down at the table to join them. They had already ordered appetizers & water all around to start. 

 

Lance: (enthusiastic) ok, so I had this crazy idea! I went over it with Mel first to make sure it was something we could do …. but how would you like to be our social media assistant for the rest of the pop2000 tour dates? 

 

Again, my jaw dropped. How many times were they going to make me stunned like this? 

 

Gianne: Are you serious? 

Lance: DEAD SERIOUS

Melinda: after you explained how you wanted to explore this as your dream job, Lance brought it up to me & I looked into it a little bit last night and more this morning. We could put you up as a freelance employee & get paid per show. The company would handle all your travel & accommodations, however, since you would be freelance, there isn’t any benefits. 

Gianne: OH MY GOD!

Lance: and you never know … if this works out, someone could hire you on for some other project & what not. or if we happen to add more dates – but right now, our last date is in august. 

Gianne: you guys are incredible. I can’t believe you guys even thought of something like this just to help me pursue my “dream job.” Oh my goodness! I’m in shock! 

Lance: So I take that as a yes?

Gianne: Yes! YES! 

 

I get up from my seat and give Lance & Melinda hugs! I’m so excited that I can hardly keep still. The waiter comes by and takes our order. We all shuffle through the menus and try to pick something quickly since we had been chit-chatting most of the time. 

 

JC: (leaning into me) congrats on your new business opportunity

Gianne: thank you. (suddenly blushing) I’m glad you were able to join us for this impromptu lunch

JC: Lance told me about it early this morning.  and since you hadn’t responded to my text yet (giving me a playful look), I thought, why not join you guys. …since by the sound of it, I may not get to see you later this week. 

 

I look at him with a grin as he stretches out on the seat next to me, resting his left arm around the back of my chair. 

 

Lance: Hey J .. why don’t you do another surprise performance at the next show? the otown guys said it was a blast having you on stage too. 

 

I immediately look at him to see his reaction. He looks at me amused that I’m so intrigued. 

 

JC: I don’t know. 

Melinda: you did cause quite a circus last night after your appearance. fans are going nuts!

Lance: if not to perform… just to watch the show

JC: I’ll see … 

 

The waiter brings out our food & we dig in.

It was roughly 130 and JC’s flight was in a few hours. After most of us were finished eating, Melinda got all my contact information and said she’d forward whatever documents I needed to sign in order to make this job opportunity really happen. She excused herself first since she had to pack and get ready for her flight back to Orlando. She would fly out again Friday to meet us in Saratoga. 

 

Gianne: question .. am I allowed to post this said opportunity on my social media? 

Lance: oh for sure! I would just wait until Mel sends you all the final paperwork – that way you know its final. 

Gianne: (nodding) gotcha! this is unbelievable! Lance, I can’t thank you enough. 

Lance: girl, if we didn’t hit it off from the start – none of this would be happening. it’s a good thing you’re such a sweetheart & just overall fun. down for whatever. we need more of that. 

 

I just smile and try not to cry. 

 

Lance: ok, we’re gonna take off – we have to check out some places before we see Christina tonight. 

Gianne: how exciting! loooove her! 

Michael: wanna join us? 

Gianne: oh my gosh… no! you guys have done too much already!

Lance: oh c’mon --- it’ll give us more time to bond. plus you’re not leaving til tomorrow. 

Gianne: how can I say no to christina!? count me in.   

Michael: we’ll have your ticket at will call. we’ll see you there k? 

Gianne: (in shock) ok. 

 

They each give me a hug as they walk up from the table & give JC one as well. Since we both stood up – we look at each other on whether or not we were staying or going. Lance & Michael were already out of the restaurant. JC & I slowly walked our way back to the elevators. 

 

Gianne: So are you all packed and ready to go? 

JC: Yea, car’s picking me up in an hour. ..just gonna chill out in the room til then

Gianne: I see …  (grinning) maybe I can walk you to your room this time

 

JC lets out a sexy ass smile that just made me weak in the knees. 

We reach the elevator and wait for it to reach the lobby. The elevator doors opened and we got in. 

 

Gianne: you flying in to LAX or Burbank? 

JC: (pushing the button for 22) Burbank actually. 

Gianne: oh nice! at least it won’t be as hectic

JC: true 

 

Suddenly, the music in the elevator became familiar – it was NSYNC’s I Want You Back. I look at JC and start laughing as I see him roll his eyes. 

 

Gianne: hey, this is one of my favorites! You can’t deny those dance routines!

 

JC just starts laughing at me as I mimic the pointing & leg flapping dance moves that they do during the chorus. We reach the 22nd floor. 

 

JC: Ugh, finally! 

 

He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the elevator, away from the music & to stop me from dancing. We continue walking down the hallway, and I realize he hasn’t let go of my hand. He pulls out his keycard and opens the door to his room, letting me walk in first. Still holding onto my hand, as the door closes, he pulls me back to him to kiss me – his other free hand touching the side of my face, as well as pulling me in closer. My hand initially went to his chest to keep me from stumbling over, and eventually moved down to his waist/back. 

As our lips separated, we still had our faces very close to one another. 

 

JC: I’m sorry – I just needed to let that out. its just been building up since last night

Gianne: no need to apologize… i know exactly what you mean

 

He gives me another small kiss before letting me walk further into the room. I walk straight to the window to see what view he had – which was the side of Bellagio. You could also see the Caesars pool area. 

 

JC: I’d offer you something to drink – but didn’t really expect any company before leaving

Gianne: (turning to look at him from the window) no worries… im ok.

 

JC sits on the edge of the bed and just looks at me. As I turn away from the window, I notice him just looking at me. I walk up to him and stand in between his legs while I cradle his face in my hands, playing with his hair.  He places his hands on my legs – alternating tapping and rubbing. 

 

Gianne: you okay? 

JC: yea… I just … I’ve never connected so fast like this with anyone. its different. scary. 

Gianne: (looking in his eyes) its scary for me too. 

 

I pull away to try and take a step away from him to distance myself but he doesn’t let me budge.

 

JC: I’m not telling you this to scare you off or anything like that… I just want to be really honest with you, like I have been from the beginning. 

Gianne: and I appreciate it. and I’ll do the same

 

There’s a moment of silence and JC knows just by looking at me that my mind is running through numerous thoughts. 

 

JC: what are you thinking about? 

 

I contemplate whether or not I should actually tell him. After all, we just stated we would be honest with one another.

 

Gianne: (letting out a deep breath) the next time I’m going to see you again? what we’re doing exactly? how I don’t want to question anything because I’m afraid it’ll end. 

 

JC smiles and rests his head against my abdomen. 

He looks up at me. 

 

JC: you know I obviously like you … and like you, I don’t wanna ruin whatever this is. So I don’t want to rush it and put a label on it

 

I nod in agreement.

 

JC: (standing up) so have a blast tonight with the guys & I will check my schedule to see if I can make it to Saratoga later this week. 

(placing a strand of hair behind my ear) If not, then I’ll see you after the coachella show. 

Gianne: (wrapping my arms around his neck) you sure do know how to make a gal feel special

 

JC then kisses me on the forehead.

 

JC: and unfortunately, its that time…. I gotta head down. the car to the airport will be here soon.

Gianne: ok, want me to walk you down? 

JC: nah, its ok. but I’ll drop you off at your floor… 

 

He grabs his duffel bag & we walk out to the elevator. When we get inside, I push 11 and lean against the back of the elevator. Luckily, no one had to be picked up on the way down to the 11th floor. The doors open and I walk out. JC leans on the open doors so they don’t close.

 

JC: Have fun tonight

Gianne: will do. have a good flight back. 

 

I pretend to walk off but JC grabs my hand before I get too far. 


JC: hey! 

Gianne: (laughing) I’m just kidding

 

I lean up on my tip-toes to kiss him goodbye.

 

Gianne: (smiling) bye

JC: (smiling) bye

 

JC walks back into the elevator, and I walk away as it closes. I cheerfully walk back to my room. I try to find an outfit to muster up together for Christina’s show. I finally decide on my pink/glitter top that I had initially bought for MMC and some black pants with my black booties.  I fill my mom in on whats been going on and finds it just as crazy. I also get an email from Melinda to sign and immediately send back the documentation to be a freelance employee. I can’t believe this is happening. I immediately put in requests for the days that I need off for the rest of the tour. It was roughly 6:30p and and Xtina’s show started at 8pm. I head off to Planet Hollywood, since it was a bit of a walk from Caesars. With all the walkways and crosswalks, I made it in about 20 minutes. I find the will call booth and give them my name. It was insane that I was about to watch Christina Aguilera. Not only that, but I was gonna be watching Christina with Lance Bass & his husband. What life was I living? 

 

After the attendant handed me my ticket, I sat at a nearby coffee bar to kill some time while the crowd pushed their way through the doors. I really didn’t feel like being shoved back & forth. While at the counter, I decided to respond to some of the DM’s from IG friends to fill them in. Most of the comments were: 

 

OMG! JC was there!? You are so lucky!


JC made a surprise appearance!? I’M DEAD! 


YESSSS!! You met our man!! What was it like? 

 

There were so many more to go through, but all roughly had the same message. I mainly responded to the ones I was closest with and just said Lance & I hit it off. However, not once did I mention anything in regards to JC… or at least what was happening between us. On my stories, I made a post about going to Xtina’s show. The doors seemed to ease up, so I made my way in. As I made my way into the venue and got directed to my seat, I realized the seats we were sitting in was the row directly behind the pit – so the first seated row. There was also a walkway that she was going to be walking on to get closer to the crowd – and that walkway was right in front of us. As I made my way down the row, Lance & Michael were already being asked for pictures by fans. As I reached my seat next to Lance, they just finished taking a picture and then they both gave me a hug.

 

Lance: Yes!!! You look beautiful girl! 

Gianne: aww.. thank you! 

Michael: (smirking) oooh… she’s glowing! 

Lance: she is.. isn’t she? 

Gianne: oh my goodness… stop it you guys! 

Michael: I think we need a selfie

 

Me, Lance, and Michael bunch up together – with Michael making sure my whole outfit was in the shot. 

 

Gianne: have you guys been here long? 

Lance: nah, just got here a few mins ago

Gianne: Guys… these seats are insane! 

Michael: I feel like we get these same seats everytime we watch a show here

 

We sit down, chit chat & order some drinks. About 10 minutes pass and the lights dim. The show had different sets that each had a different theme. We danced and sang along with each of us taking different video moments through-out the show. Christina spotted Lance and even pointed out to him. It was an amazing show. When the show ended, members of Christina’s security team came to talk to Lance. While they talked, Lance pointed to me and Michael and the security guy nodded. 

 

Lance: So Christina wants us to go say hi backstage

Michael: (excited) YESSSS!!! 

 

I just stare at them wide eyed & speechless. That seemed to be the theme this weekend. As the crowd dispersed, I followed Lance & Michael, as they followed the security guard to the side of the venue to head backstage. I couldn’t believe I was about to meet Christina Aguilera. As we reached the door to go backstage, the guard gave us 3 stick on passes so we wouldn’t have any issues. We were led to a chill out kind of area set up with ottomans and sofas – like a lounge without the crowd. There were some press in the room as well, and when they saw Lance, they asked to take a photo. I omitted myself and let Lance & Michael just be in the picture. Soon enough, Christina came out and greeted the press real quick before coming to greet Lance.

 

Christina: (giving lance a hug) Lance!! Hello!! 

Lance: (followed by cheek kisses) Helllllo beautiful! Your show was AHHHHMAZING!! 

Christina: Thank you!! 

Lance: this is my husband, Michael!

Christina: (hugging Michael) Hello love

Michael: I love you!

Christina: (giggling) you’re too sweet

Lance: (pointing to me) and this is my friend, Gianne 

Gianne: (leaning in for Christina’s hug) You are amazing! Your show was awesome!! 

Christina: Nice to meet you Gianne! and thank you. I’m glad you all enjoyed it! 

 

Press came around again and asked to get a picture of Christina & Lance. Then Christina insisted all four of us take a picture together. I was tripping out. We talked for a few more minutes before heading out. We grab some Earl’s sandwiches before heading back to Caesars. When we got back to Caesar’s, Lance insisted I join them in their room to hang out for a bit & while eating our food. 

 

Gianne: oh my goodness… this is soooo hitting the spot. 

Michael: riiight

 

We all devour our sandwiches. 

I then receive a text. 

 

you sure know how to make me miss you

 

I read JC’s text over and pondered on what he could’ve meant by that. Lance questions my odd expression.

 

Lance: you okay?

Gianne: yea… just trying to decipher your friends message

 

I then notice I have so many notifications, yet again. I open them in hopes that maybe I’ll end up realizing what JC means. I then see that I’m tagged & reposted in the same photo multiple times – the one that Michael took of us at Christina’s show. I go to Michael’s post, being that it’s the original, and see that the post already has a few thousand likes!

One comment that popped out at me first was Izzy’s comment:

 

hello, why wasn’t I invited? You invite my girl Gianne & not me. 

and DAMN GIRL – that outfit!

 

Then I notice that JC had also liked the post & commented with a heart eyed emoji & a flame. Is this what JC meant about me making him miss me? My outfit? And did he really just post those comments? People must be talking now since he never comments on any posts.

 

Gianne: I’m assuming it has to do with Michael’s post


Michael just gives me a guilty smile.

 

Michael: what did he text you? 

Gianne: that I know how to make him miss me …. which totally confused me, until I saw he commented on your post. so I’m assuming its my outfit he’s referring to?

Michael: you diiiid look hot! 

Gianne: you knew what you were doing…making sure you got my whole outfit in that shot. how do you even do that in a selfie? 

Michael: don’t question my talent

 

We all start laughing.

 

Lance: (in between chewing & winking) So what is going on with you & JC? 

Gianne: (blushing & shrugging) we like each other. not labeling anything yet. will see where it goes. 

Lance: that’s good… the last thing you guys want to do is rush into something. 

Gianne: exactly… I mean, we both expressed how scared we both were since we’ve never clicked so well with someone so fast. 

Lance: I was gonna say that too… I’ve NEVER EVER seen JC feel this way about any woman so soon. so fast. EVER. 

Michael: seriously… even we clicked with you! 

Lance: thats definitely a first for us! ….. and can we just talk about how active he’s been on social media. Heck! even just responding to text messages lately. it’s like you’ve ignited something in him. THANK YOU!!

 

We all start laughing.

After we finished eating, I decided to rest up and head back to my room since it was almost midnight. I give them hugs goodbye and tell them I’d see them later that week. When I got to my room, I finally text’d JC back. 

 

miss you more 

had to keep you interested since I may not see you for a week ;) xox

may have to rearrange my schedule.

I end up with the biggest smile on my face just from reading that last text. I got ready for bed since we were leaving early the next morning.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story