Author's Chapter Notes:

the morning after... 

spotify tracks 22 (bubbly) to 23 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1SlvUJOZU8LrzNZyxFsBaW?si=Rwn5iUzcTUe7cpaWrvEDEg

Friday - August 2, 2019

 

My alarm went off. I looked at the time – it was 730a. I stretch in bed trying to wake myself up. I turn slightly and notice JC wasn’t in bed anymore. Suddenly, the restroom door opened. JC stood there with a towel around his waist. 

 

Gianne: well… I could definitely get used to waking up like this. 

JC: (smiling) believe me… I was gonna wake you up another way

Gianne: if that’s the case, let me just go back to sleep

 

JC starts laughing as he sits at the edge of the bed. 

JC: baby I would… but you gotta get up! your flight is in a few hours.

I start groaning under the sheets.
JC pulls the sheet lower to reveal my face, which has the biggest smile. 

JC: what? 

Gianne: you calling me baby … (biting my lip) its such a turn on

JC: (winking) noted! 

 

That didn’t go the way I hoped it would. I was hoping he’d jump back in bed and make love to me again. But I know he knew that’s what was on my mind. But he also knew I had to be at the airport. Thank goodness he was responsible and cared about me making a great first impression at my new job. Groaning, I got up and wrapped a lace robe over me. JC was on the other side of the room putting his jeans on. I caught a glimpse of him just eyeing me in my underwear. I smile because him eyeing me down made me feel sexy – wanted. 

Gianne: ok… Im just gonna jump in the shower real quick 

I walk into the bathroom with part of my robe falling off my shoulders. I knew JC was watching – I knew what I was doing. I took a shower and got dressed. It was a good thing I packed majority of my stuff during the week – especially with what had gone on last night. I threw in a few more things in my carry on and zipped it up. I brought it out into the living room area, only to find that JC had attempted making breakfast with whatever I had in the pantry. 

JC: I wasn’t sure where everything was…. but I tried. 

I looked at the spread he cooked up – scrambled eggs and avocado toast and coffee from the nespresso machine. 

 

Gianne: (sitting on the barstool) this was very sweet of you

JC: (sitting next to me on the other barstool) gotta make sure you’re fed – you have a long day ahead of you. 

I lean over to kiss him quickly, as a thank you. We eat our food and get ready to leave. We say our goodbyes before the car arrives to pick me up. 

JC: have fun! Kick ass! Be you! 

Gianne: thank you! 

 

I wrap my arms around his neck and he rubs my sides. I twirl the bottoms of his hair and kiss him goodbye. When the car arrives, he hands my bag to the driver and gives me another kiss before he hops on his bike. He followed the car up until the intersection, and then we split ways. I leaned my head back against the headrest and couldn't help but smile as the driver hopped onto the freeway. I touched my lips just thinking about the last kiss JC gave me. 

 

About 20 minutes later, the driver reached the drop off parking of the airport. He handed me my luggage and I handed him a tip as a thank you. I checked in my luggage, went through security, and waited at my gate. I definitely had a lot of perks to get used to - even for this flight I had priority boarding. This was definitely the life - maybe not to some, but it was a plus for me. Around 10:20a, we boarded and made our way to San Jose. The flight was quick - 51 minutes roughly. When I landed, I got my baggage and then saw someone holding my name up in the baggage claim area. 

Gianne: (approaching the driver) hi, I'm Gianne.

Driver: (smiling) oh Ms. Gianne, welcome to San Jose. Please let me take your bags. My name is Reynold. 

I hand him my luggage as he leads the way to the car. It was a black country town car. I felt like such a celebrity. 

Reynold: So I've been instructed by Ms. Melinda to head straight to Saratoga to one of the wineries nearby. 

Gianne: oh! OK! Great! Thank you. 

 

He opens the back door for me and heads to the driver seat. We small talk here & there about business & weather & whatever else pops in our heads. About 40 minutes later, we pass by the amphitheater which featured a billboard for tonight's show. I quickly took a picture to maybe use for Instagram later. 

It dawned on me, since we weren't staying the night here, where was I supposed to keep my luggage while we ate & during the show? I hoped I wouldn't have to lug it around. 

As he pulls into the winery parking lot.

Reynold: Ms. Gianne, I will also be your driver to the venue, so you may leave your luggage in the car while you have lunch. 

Gianne: thank you so much Reynold! 

He parks the car along the entrance of the winery, walks to open my door & lets me out. 

Reynold: See you after your lunch Ms. Gianne 

Gianne: thank you! 

 

I walk to the entrance of the restaurant and let them know I'm here to meet with Melinda. 

Waitress: ah yes, right this way

She leads me towards the outside patio that is somewhat separated as well from the rest of the restaurant. I see Melinda, Lance, Michael, and Ryan all seated around the table. 

 

Gianne: hello everyone

Lance: hellllllooo

 

I give everyone hugs & as I walk over to Ryan. 

 

Lance: (to Ryan) Ryan.. This is Gianne. She was the roadie in Vegas… not sure if u remember her

Ryan: Vaguely…. But very nice to meet u again. (reaching out to give me a hug) 

Gianne: (returning the hug) you too. 

Melinda: how was your flight into San Jose? 

Gianne: It was good! The drive here wasn’t too bad either

Melinda: thats good

 

The waiter brings me some water and a menu. We all order our food and some glasses of wine. We all chit chat and Ryan asks some questions to get to know me - after all, i would be seeing him more often due to the tour. It was great how they all made me feel so comfortable like I had known them for years. I pull out my camera and take a selfie of us at the table. If i didn’t post it, i’d at least have it as a remembrance of my first day. We finished our food and started getting giggly once we had multiple drinks. Once i finished my second glass of wine, i started downing water to avoid any dehydration. I didn’t want to pass out before the show even started. Melinda put the meal on the company card and we made our way to the parking lot. It seems like everyone arrived at different times since there were 3 cars - one for me, Ryan, and then Lance, Michael, and Melinda. 

Melinda: so we'll be heading to the venue for soundcheck. Gianne, you will have to share Lance's trailer, if you need to get ready or for whatever purpose. 

Gianne: I'm fine with that as long as he is

Lance: (sarcastically rolling his eyes) I guess...ugh!

 

I playfully stick my tongue out at him.

We all get in our cars and caravan to the venue. When we arrive at the venue, the cars pulled up towards the back entrance where I could see 4 star trailers side by side. As Reynold parks the car, he gets out to open my door again. I don't think I'll ever get used to this VIP treatment. 

 

Gianne: thank u so much Reynold! You've been incredible. 

Reynold: (getting my luggage out of the trunk) oh you're very welcome Ms. Gianne 

 

He hands off my luggage to me as I hand him a tip. 

Reynold: oh Ms. Gianne, you're too kind! Thank you! 

I then make my way to follow Lance into his trailer. Luckily these star trailers were roomy enough to fit us 3 in there and not feel suffocated. 

Gianne: thank you for sharing your trailer with me

Lance: oh stop! It's no biggie.

 

I situate my duffel bag in a corner that will stay out of their way. We all just plop on whatever seat/sofa available and chill. I look at the time and it was a little after 4pm. We still had 3 hours or so to kill. 

 

Gianne: so just so I know, do u want any behind the scene stuff or strictly meet n greet & concert footage posted on your account?  Or who’s account am i going to be posting to? 

Lance: ah, good question. So you will be posting on both the pop2000 IG and mine. Mainly for the pop2000 one, more so action shots of the performances, etc. Mine will be a mixture - depending what shots you get. But definitely the meet and greet shots & i’ll review whatever other shots you get. 

Gianne: got it boss! …. (pause) … do you guys mind if i walk around the venue? observe soundcheck and all? 

Lance: no… go for it. but lemme give you this first so you dont have any issues… 

 

Lance looks through his bag and pulls out a pop2000 lanyard that reads “staff/media” on it.

 

Lance: here’s your credentials for the entirety of the tour. so don’t lose it!

Gianne: (eyes lighting up) do you know how long i’ve waited to actually be able to wear one of these credential lanyards. you are sooooo making my day right now!

 

Michael & Lance start laughing at me as I put the lanyard on right away.

 

Gianne: and you know i gotta take a selfie of this! 

Michael & Lance: (in sync) we know! 

 

I take a few selfies on my new credentials and even take some with Lance in the photo. 

 

Gianne: ok… be back in a few. just call or text if you need me for anything 

Lance: will do

 

I walk out of the trailer and take some scenery shots of the venue. As I was walking closer to the stage, I could hear soundcheck going on - Tyler was on stage. As I walked into the stage/seating area of the venue - it was like the Hollywood Bowl - an outdoor venue with stadium like seating. I had an idea to go to the very top row of seats to get a shot of the entire view of the venue - especially since the sun was already past the stage, it gave the shot a picture perfect light. I knew this would be a perfect shot too at night. I’d have to be sure to get that shot later. I sat at the very top for a moment while examining the photo I got. I then thought to post the selfie, i took, with my credentials to social media. 

 

20+ years to finally be able to wear concert credentials around my neck #goals 

I then thought to text a similar photo, although a bit more goofy, to JC. 

its official. how do i look? 

 

I sit in the stands a few more minutes to take in the scenery and try to realize everything that’s been happening is real. It wasn’t a dream. My phone goes off. 

 

haha… a gal with credentials? and those facial expressions?  so hot! 

 

i text him back a kissy face emoji. 

I head back down the bleachers to the main level. Tyler just finished his set and Aaron made his way to do sound check. He waved from the stage and I waved back. I was shocked he even recognized who I was - i mean, we only briefly met in Vegas. I was making my way to the back of the stage. I noticed some guards eyeing me as if they were about to stop me, but then they saw my badge. I felt so cool. This was a moment i’ve waited for since i was 15 - to be able to walk nonchalantly backstage. No questions asked. I was a VIP - a Very Important Person. I smiled as i passed the security guard. I see a refreshment table backstage and see Ryan looking over the goods. I sneak up behind him. 


Gianne: Hey! 

Ryan: Hi

Gianne: You up next for sound check? 

Ryan: Yea… lookin over the snacks first, while i wait. 

 

I look over the spread and see cookies, granola bars, bite size sandwiches, water, soda, and some assorted fruit. I grab a cookie & water. 

 

Ryan: You getting some good photos? 

Gianne: yea.. got some of the venue from the top row. with the sun setting… looked amazing. 

Ryan: (grinning) hmm.. may have to steal that

Gianne: (laughing) for sure..

 

We both look towards the stage when some crew guy yelled that it was Ryan’s turn for sound check. Ryan downed his sandwich and chugged some water to follow. I make my way back to the trailer since it was almost 530p and i knew meet n greets were going to start soon. 

 

As i approach the trailer, i knock first to avoid walking in on anything i shouldnt be. I hear Michael say ‘come in’ after knocking. I open the door and make my way inside. 


Michael: (realizing its just me) you know you don’t have to knock right? 

Gianne: hey! i had to be sure i didn’t walk in on anything

Michael: Please… we would be in the back bedroom, if that were to happen. 

 

We all start laughing. I grab my bag and change my outfit since I was still in my travel/airplane attire. I change into my ripped jeans, an off the shoulder black tee, and my black converse. Lance & Michael just change their shirts and freshen up. 

 

Gianne: So what packages were purchased for tonight? 

Lance: uhm, mainly VIP 1. but there were two that purchased VIP 2. … which is perfect since we’re in a winery and happy hour is every hour. 

Gianne: Nice… 

 

We head out to the green room where the meet and greets were taking place. I follow Lance & Michael and record some footage here and there. In the green room, they had a backdrop of the pop2000 logo for the photo ops. About 10 minutes later, Melinda brings all the VIP’s in. Of course, majority of the group were females - there was one guy who was there with his best friend. He was cute and definitely giddy with the fact that he was going to meet Lance. He definitely had a sense of style and the personality to match. They all let out giddy shrieks, which collectively, sounded pretty loud. I made sure to stay out of the way and get some candids and any funny moments. Each person got a solo photo w/ Lance, one item autographed, and then one group photo at the end. I made sure to get shots of each. During the group photo, we even got a funny boomerang. After all the photos were done, Lance did a little short Q&A with the group. Seats were set up in a circle that way everyone would have a prime view - no one blocking anyones view. Some of the usual questions came up involving an NSYNC reunion, some asking if any of the guys would show up at tonights show, and some asked what Lance’s next project was. Lance made sure to give an open ended answer for the NSYNC reunion question - the fandom didn’t need anymore fuel to these rumors unless it was definite. Lance said he tried getting one of the guys to tonights show but that it didn’t work with their schedules. I knew he was talking about JC and the girls let out a bummer sigh after he said that. And finally, Lance said he was working on a new documentary but couldn’t disclose any info yet. The meet and greet finished by 7pm and Melinda began to walk the girls out, except for the two who purchased the happy hour package. It was the only guy from the group, who brought his best gal pal. Lance approached them and introduced them to Michael, then called me over so that I could be introduced too. 

 

Lance: Caleb. Jackie. This is Gianne, our social media asst. 

Gianne: (shaking their hands) hi, nice to meet you both

Jackie: hello

Caleb: hiiiii…. weren’t you at the vegas show? 

Gianne: (smiling) i was … one of the best moments of my life. now its time for yours! 

Lance: yes yes! lets go to the bar so we can get this happy hour started! 

 

Caleb & Jackie were so giddy & excited. They walked side by side next to Lance, as me & michael followed behind them. Luckily, there was a private bar for the artists/backstage folk - the time the VIP guests had wouldn’t have to be interrupted with fans asking for photos/etc. They began ordering drinks - a good mixture of beer & cocktails. Michael called me over to the bar to take part in the happy hour & not think of this as work too much. I ordered my usual malibu breeze. We clinked glasses and drank away. I made sure to boomerang the glasses clinking. If Lance didn’t use it, i knew Caleb or Jackie would. 

The venue started to fill up meaning it was almost show time. Caleb & Jackie chatted more with Lance & Michael while I tried to sneak in shots of the crowd/stage area. It was 7:55 and Lance began saying his goodbyes to Caleb & Jackie. He was about to present Tyler on stage, so he let the two get to their seats. 

Lance presented all the acts and did the usual bye bye bye cameo. Me & Michael danced alongside by the stage. When the show ended, roughly around 1030, we headed back to the trailer and gathered our belongings. While waiting for the car to arrive, Lance looked over the photos & videos i had taken. 

 

Lance: damn girl, these are really good. Definitely the venue shot. Post that as a 3 post pic. 

Gianne: got it

 

When the car arrived to take us to the airport - me, Lance, Michael, and Melinda all squeezed into the black suv. We headed back to San Jose Airport to make our way to Palm Springs. Once we got through security and waited at the AA lounge, I started editing the photo for Lance's instagram. I got the okay from him to post it and he entered the login information for me to post. Lance gave me the caption, 

 

   Wine. Music. & Good company. 

   The view ain't that bad either

 

The likes came pouring in. I saw the usual nsync fan accounts & his celeb friends. 

I then got a text from Ryan.

 

Hey, could u send that pic over when u get the chance? Thx. 

 

I texted him the original, unedited version. 

 

Wow, that was fast! See ya tmw. 

 

Haha - I'm super responsive when I'm sitting around an airport terminal lol. Don't expect it all the time 

 

Noted. 

 

We all sit around goofing off until we boarded, about an hour later. We tried to snooze on the plane, but it was only a little over an hour flight, so there wasn’t much time to. When we landed in Palm Springs, we got our luggage and there was a car already waiting for us outside of the terminal. I hopped in the back with Lance & Michael, while Melinda took the front seat. I don’t remember much about Palm Springs, except for when I came with my parents when I was a little kid - it was winter & i just remember riding the gondola lift up the mountain. The drive to the air b&b wasn’t too far from the airport - roughly a 20 minute drive and it was in nice, upscale neighborhood. It looked like the houses that were featured in Shahs of Sunset and all those TV shows. The car pulled into the driveway of a modern looking house that looks like it’d be featured on those HGtv shows. We made our way in the house and of course, the other three were used to lavish houses like these. Me, on the otherhand, I was in aww. I think my jaw dropped. As you walked in, you could see straight through to the backyard. The back wall of the house were floor to ceiling windows. The whole house had an open concept - which was the in thing these days. After dropping my bag on the floor by the couch, I immediately walked out to the backyard and saw the pool lit up with blue pool lights. I definitely hoped we had time to chill in this pool while we were here. I know during the day, this place was probably going to be in the 100’s, but right now being a little past midnight, it was nice & cool. I took a boomerang of the pool with the lights & ripples of the water - it was mesmerizing and definitely where i wanted to be at the moment. At the other end of the pool, was a hot tub - that definitely put ideas in my head. I snapped out of it and I walk back inside the house and fall in love with the kitchen too - it had the farm sink i’ve always dreamed of. I grab a bottle of water out of the fridge and grab my bag to bring to my room - whichever wasn’t taken yet. As I walk down the hallway, i pass by the bathroom first on my right. Next room was Melinda’s which was right across from the restroom but had a nice skylight - you could see the stars while you slept. I figured Lance & Michael got the master bedroom, which was next to Melinda’s. Michael was already scoping out the master bathroom, while Lance was roaming through the rest of the house. In the corner of the hallway, the last bedroom on the right, was my room for the weekend. I walked in and I had no complaints. It had a massive bed with fluffy sheets and a sliding door to the backyard. I could literally wake up and jump out to take a swim. And it had its own bathroom, as well. We all got settled in - showered, changed, and rested in our rooms. 

 

As i laid in bed, i forgot I hadn’t text’d JC since the start of the show. 

 

sorry for texting so late.

this air B&B in palm springs is amazing

wish you were here. miss you. xoxo

 

are you guys there for the whole weekend?

miss you too.

 

i believe we have it until Monday since it was a 3 night minimum.

any chance i can tempt you to make it out here? ????????

 

That was it. The last text JC sent for the night. I fell asleep and slept through the night. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story