Author's Chapter Notes:

spotify tracks 24 (doodoodoo) to 26

SATURDAY - August 3, 2019

 

I woke up to the sun blaring through the sliding door window. I stretched in bed and nestled in the comfortable bed. I checked my phone in case I missed any texts from JC - but nothing. I checked social media to see if there was any buzz & what people had to say about last night's show. I saw Ryan had posted my venue pic & tagged me as the photo credit. The vip's from Lance's group posted their group shots & selfies & whatever they got signed. I hear rustling in the kitchen & figure I should get out of bed & freshen up. After brushing my teeth & washing my face, I walk into the kitchen to see Lance & Melinda preparing breakfast. 

 

Gianne: good morning. Can I help with anything? 

Lance & Melinda: good morning 

Lance: no, I think we're good… Almost done. Maybe just set the table, if anything

Gianne: sure

 

I grab the utensils & placemats and set the table. There was an island too, but with all the prepping going on, I figured the table would be best. Michael came out a few minutes later in just his shorts and no shirt - like his usual Instagram pics. 

 

Michael: good morning. It smells delicious. 

 

We all say good morning back. I giggle and turn away when I realize he's just in shorts. 

 

Lance: Gianne, do u need Michael to put a shirt on? 

Gianne: oh no, I'm ok. Just caught me off guard (laughing) 

Michael: good...cuz I wasn't going to

 

Michael made his way to the coffee and poured himself a cup, then sat at the dining table. I brought plates of food over from the island and placed them on the table. Lance & Melinda had prepared French toast, bacon, eggs, hash browns, and toast. I then grabbed juice & water from the fridge, while Melinda grabbed some glasses. 

 

Gianne: gosh, this looks amazing. Thanks so much for cooking this all

Lance: youre welcome 

 

We pass the food around and fill our plates. The French toast was to die for. I inhaled like 3 slices. When we were almost through with our food, Melinda gave us a rundown of what today was gonna look like.

 

Melinda: OK, so show starts at 8. All the vip 1's & 2's have sold out. AND one purchased the dinner, so that will probably be around 5. So Lance, you'll have to decide where you wanna eat tonight so I can email her where to go. 

Lance: wow! First VIP dinner! OK… I'll start looking

Michael: Oooooh exciting! 

Gianne: do you ever worry about whether or not it’ll be awkward? like, what if she doesn’t converse & no matter how hard you try, can’t keep the conversation going? 

Lance: it wouldn’t be the first time, let me tell you that. but if she’s paying a thousand bucks for this VIP dinner meet up -- you’d think she’d have some sort of topic at hand. And if it does get awkward, at least all of you will be there to break the awkward silence

Gianne: oh! im going? i thought i was just gonna meet you guys at the venue

Lance: uh no… VIP dinner includes my whole crew! so ALL OF YOU are going! 

Gianne: (as i take another bite of bacon) ok then

Melinda: (letting out a laugh) … then after the dinner, we’ll head straight to spotlight because you have a lot of VIP’s to get through

Michael: it’s gonna be a packed night 

 

I begin clearing the empty dishes off the table and load them into the dishwasher. 

 

Lance: ok… found one. The Bistro. (laughing) although its inside another casino, fantasy springs. but they have a wide variety and at least is a bit more on the upscale side.

Melinda: ok, i’ll call and see if they have a private booth or room for tonight 

(getting up from the table) excuse me

 

Michael brings over more dishes for me to rinse & load. After we clean the table off and start the washer, i sat at the kitchen island. Lance walks over and leans on the island. 

 

Lance: so I talked to JC earlier this morning

Gianne: (waiting for more info & pretending it didn't affect me & that a whole lot of butterflies weren't flying around in my stomach right then and there) ok? 

Lance: he asked for our address here & might make it out tonight or tomorrow

Gianne: oh really? 

Lance: I must say … he is quite smitten over you 

Gianne: smitten huh? 

Lance: i mean, i’ve never received so many texts or calls trying to get info about a girl or where we’ll be or whatever. 

Gianne: probably because none of them ever worked for you 

Lance: ok true.. .but still. he’s still very active in texting because of you 

 

I feel myself start to blush and look down. Michael then sits next to me. 

 

Michael: so have you guys…(with some eyebrow movement) you know? 

Lance: (laughing) Michael!?

Michael: you know you want to ask her too! 

Lance: well obviously…. (laughing) 

 

I just start laughing and cover my face. 

 

Lance: oh my! you have! 

Gianne: (covering my mouth) i can’t believe im actually having this conversation

Michael: was it everything you expected? did your feelings change afterwards? you do still like him don’t you? 

 

Lance motioned his hands to Michael to settle down and cool it on the questions. 

 

Gianne: of course i do. the thing is… i’m afraid im falling for him. hard.

 

Lance & Michael’s eyes open in shock.

 

Gianne: ..and i know its crazy since it’s only been a few weeks. but the connection when we .... it was unreal. nothing ive ever felt before.

 

Lance & Michael are just focused on my every word. 

 

Gianne: … and i’m just hoping he feels the same way. but i dont want to say anything or pressure him into saying anything because things are just great right now. 

Lance: Gianne… i dont think you need to worry about him feeling the same way. 

 

Melinda then walks back into the kitchen. 

 

Melinda: ok, everything’s set for tonight. table for 5 at The Bistro. 

Lance: awesome! (looking at his watch) its almost 1pm so we have some time to kill. we may have to take advantage of that pool 

 

Michael stands up from the stool. 

 

Michael: (modeling in his shorts) i’m ready! meet you guys outside… 

 

Michael makes his way outside, while the rest of us change into our swimsuits. Once i changed, i grabbed my phone and exited through my sliding door - how convenient. Michael had already gotten in the pool and was now sunbathing on one of the lounge chairs. Lance then came out of the main sliding door that was connected to the kitchen. 

 

Lance: (looking at me) hey, how'd you get out here so fast? 

Gianne: I have access from my room

Lance: (jokingly shocked) what!? 

 

I sit at the stairs of the pool and soak my feet first. It was a heated pool - I could jump in now if I wanted to. It was just the perfect temp. I eased my way into the pool and now my whole body was submerged. Lance came in a few minutes later after getting warm from just sitting in the sun. I had Michael take a photo of me flipping my hair back, which caused the water fan effect. Then we did one of me & Lance doing the same. It was hilarious. Michael then got in the pool and I lounged away - took photos of them together goofing off. I then posted my solo hair flip on IG. 

 

Mermaid life 

 

With my bathing suit top being multi-colored, it was the perfect caption - especially since it reminded me of Ariel. I credited Michael as the photographer, but just used his initials. A few minutes after posting that, I receive a text from Lauren. 

 

where are you? Who's MT? 

 

man, that was quick.

I'm in Palm Springs for the tour. MT is Lance's hubby, Michael. 

 

oh ok! Man, it's still so surreal that you're working the tour. I can only imagine what you're feeling right now. 

 

oh, if u only knew. 

Will give u more details later ???? xoxo

 

U better. Have fun. xoxo 

 

I bake out in the sun a little more before I head inside and shower. I needed more time to get ready due to hair & makeup. Tonight's outfit, I went with my loves - my nsync tank top & ripped jeans & booties. I brought along my leather jacket to wear for the dinner portion, since that had to be somewhat dressy casual. I walked out to the living room when I was finished & lounged on the couch while waiting for everyone else. Michael came out and was also dressed in a black NSYNC tee but with the sleeves cut off & fitted jeans. He also had his leather jacket in tow. 

 

We look at each other & scan each other head to toe. 

 

Gianne & Michael: Damn! We look good!

 

We both let out a laugh. Lance & Melinda walk out and smile that me & michael are in matching outfits. 

 

Lance: we must’ve lost our memo or something

Melinda: we definitely have to get a photo of you two later 

 

We grab our things and head to the car waiting outside to take us to The Bistro. A car was also sent to pick up the VIP who purchased the dinner package - I mean shit, if I paid $1000, i would hope i got treated like royalty. We get dropped off at the entrance of the casino and make our way inside to the restaurant. Melinda talks with the hostess and then leads us to our table. We are seated at a round table - the VIP would sit in between Melinda & Lance. We ordered drinks & appetizers as soon as the waiter came by, that way by the time the VIP arrived, they wouldn’t have to wait too long. Lord knows i’d need water right away if I were meeting Lance for the very first time - or in this case, dinner with him. As the waiter was dropping off our drinks, the hostess walked over with an asian girl, maybe in her late 20’s, alongside her. Lance & Melinda stood up to greet her. 

 

Melinda: Hi, i’m Melinda. 

Sophia: Hi! I’m Sophia! Nice to meet you! 

Lance: (leaning in to hug her) Hello Sophia! 

Sophia: (hugging him back) oh my gosh… hello! it’s so nice to meet you! 

Lance: Its so awesome to meet you!

 

After their hug, Lance pulls out her chair for her and scoots her in. Lance then continues with introductions for Michael and then myself. 

 

Sophia: its so nice to meet all of you. 

 

We continue looking through the menus as Lance chats it up with Sophia. They also discuss the menu options. After we place our orders, we all try to converse a little with Sophia. 

 

Lance: So are you from Palm Springs? 

Sophia: No, i’m actually from Irvine. Just spending the weekend here for the show 

Gianne: are you seeing the show with anyone else? or did you roll solo? 

Sophia: i came with a few friends. but i’m solo when it came to the VIP packages. i couldn’t pass up on a chance to hang out with Lance 

Lance: (leaning to hug her from the side) awww. . . well thank you for all your support, whether it be recent or over the years

Michael: have you been a fan for a long time? or just recently? 

Sophia: well i was only 5 when NSYNC went on hiatus (air quotes) but continued to listen to the previous albums as i got older and followed the individual projects… 

Michael: oh awesome! 

Gianne: (smiling) love that you did the “hiatus” in air quotes … (then looking at Lance) 

 

Lance just gave me a grimace look. 

Sophia and Lance continue a Q&A type conversation, while the rest of us indulged on bread & butter. I took some candids as well of Lance & Sophia when they were so deep in conversation and some when they couldn’t stop laughing. When the waiter brought out our food, both their eyes lit up and I snuck in a candid of that too. It would go with Lance’s 3 photo grid on his IG. Sophie requested a toast boomerang - and we happily obliged. We ate our food, also indulged on dessert, and headed out by 6:30pm. We had to be at the venue by 7pm to start the other VIP meet and greets. Sophie followed in the car behind us. When we arrived at Spotlight 29, there was a big billboard advertising the POP2000 tour. I took a picture of Lance in front of it, as well as one with Lance & Michael. Melinda then took a picture of the 3 of us - one normal and the other with Lance upset & crossing his arms because me & Michael had matching NSYNC shirts on. Me & Michael stood like models with serious faces - like mean girls. Then we took a selfie of the four of us. We waited for Sophie’s car to arrive and we walked her backstage since she would be part of the meet & greet group photo. We headed into the greenroom while Melinda gathered all the VIP’s at the main entrance of the venue. In the greenroom, I took some photos of Lance & Sophie before the other VIP’s arrived. I sat off in a corner while looking through the photos and editing some of them to post later. I stuck around as the VIP’s got their photos & autos, and took a few shots of the group. When everyone left to get to their seats, I quickly went to the casino to try and get a shot of any signage for tonights concert with the slots in the shot. After searching different angles, i managed to get a few good views. I walk back inside the venue and head backstage. As i’m walking, I receive a text. 

 

hey, just finished up a few meetings.

thought i’d head your way, if that’s okay? 


no need to ask me for permission.

but it would be a great way to end the night. 

 

i’ll probably be there by the time the show ends. can’t wait to see you. xox


excited to see you. xox. 

 

I walk into the greenroom, smiling from ear to ear. Lance & Michael are looking at me, amused.

 

Michael: looks like someone’s getting some tonight 

Gianne: (bug eyed) oh my gosh… you are so bad! 

 

Lance and Michael start laughing. 

I plop on the seat next to Lance and show him some of the photos that I took. He tells me which ones to post on his IG and pointed out which ones I could use for the POP2000 IG. We head to the stage and I stand alongside the stage while Lance introduces all the acts and as they all perform. It was very hard to focus on work knowing I would see JC after the show. 

 

As soon as the show was over, we made sure to gather all our belongings from the green room. We said goodbye to all the other guys and headed to the car. I was exhausted. Even though the ride home was short - i still managed to fall asleep in the car. I woke up as I felt the car come to a stop. 

 

Melinda: aahhh, home sweet home - for the weekend at least 

Lance: Yesssss…. we can just lounge by the pool all day 

 

We all climb out of the car and I see JC get out of his jeep that was parked in the driveway. I run into his arms and wrap my legs around him as he wraps his arms around me to lift me up. I pull my head back and look him in the eyes. 

 

Gianne: thank you for driving all the way out here (giving him a kiss) 

JC: of course … how could I pass up a lil palm springs getaway 

 

JC gives me another quick kiss before setting me down. We walk over to everyone and he gives Melinda a hug & kiss on the cheek. 

 

JC : hi mel

Melinda: hey hun. Nice of you to join us (with a mischievous grin)

JC : you know you love having me around

Melinda: I do. Can't argue with that. 

 

He gives Lance & Michael "bro hugs" and high fives. 

 

JC : how was tonight's show? 

Lance: good. the uuushe. definitely not as deafening as vegas

 

Lance kept pushing hints to make JC do another appearance at one of the shows. Knowing how much he loves performing & music, I thought it would've been a no brainer. But maybe because it wasn't actually a full blown set. It was just 1 minute - maybe less - of bye bye bye. I could see why if that was the case. 

We all walk into the house & settle in. We all start walking through the halls to the rooms to put our stuff away. 

 

Michael: (instigating) so I'm assuming you'll be staying in Gianne's room…. cuz there isn't anymore rooms available 

JC : (looking back at me) uh yea, if thats OK with you? 

Gianne: (trying not to turn red) perfectly fine with me. 

 

I show him which room I'm in so he can put his bag in there. I toss my jacket & purse aside by my luggage and walk back out to the kitchen with him. 

 

Gianne: how was the drive? 

JC : not too bad. 

Gianne: (hugging his arm) that's good

 

Melinda is in the kitchen and sees us walk in hugging. 

 

Melinda: aww aren't u guys cute?

JC : (sitting at the kitchen island & in a playful tone) are we? 

Melinda: OK ya'll, I'm gonna get some rest! If ya need me, don't bother me til tomorrow

Gianne: (laughing) good night… 

Melinda: and Gianne… your doing awesome. i’ve heard so much positive stuff regarding the latest posts on IG. keep it up! 

Gianne: really!? i’m glad! thank you! 

 

Lance & Michael say good night to Melinda as they pass each other in the hall. As they enter the kitchen, they pat JC on the back as they grab some drinks & pick at some snacks. Lance brings up the meetings JC attended earlier in the day and asked how they went. I pick at the snacks with Michael. I overhear Lance ask about offers and my attention totally shifted. 

 

All 3 of them are amused at my attention shift and laugh/smile. 

 

Lance: oh no, we may have a mole. maybe we should discuss this at a later time

Gianne: WHAT?! STOOPPPPPP!!! 

Michael: Nah… i think she’ll keep her mouth shut

 

I look back and forth among all 3 of them - waiting for more information. Details. 

 

JC: uuhhhm… you have to keep this A SECRET! SERIOUSLY! 

 

I raise my hand up & swear that I'll keep my mouth shut. 

 

JC : I've gone to meetings for prospective offers & gone over all the fine print….the details. Now it's a matter of going over it with the guys. Out of all of the offers, I'd say two of them are a possibility

 

My mouth is hanging open and I'm hanging on every single word. 

 

Lance: but leaning more so towards one …. which is the residency

JC: yea, touring may be out of the picture … with all the kid situations

 

I gasp and cover my mouth from screaming. I can feel my eyes start to water - from excitement, happiness, overwhelming emotion. 

 

JC : oh my gosh, are you crying? 

Michael : yup, she's crying. 

Gianne: (still covering my mouth) I'm just happy. I thought this day would never come 

Lance: nothings final… So don't get too excited 

Gianne: I know 

Lance: and remember… QUIET!! 

Gianne: yea yea… 

Lance: (to JC) we’ll talk more about it tomorrow… gonna head to bed. … but hey, thinking of maybe bbq and pool day tomorrow? just chill… ? 

JC: Yeah…. sounds good

 

Lance & Michael begin to walk out of the kitchen. 

 

Michael : good night guys… (grinning) sweet dreams

 

I just smile & stick my tongue out at him. 

I look at JC. 

 

Gianne: (running my hand through the side of his hair) you ready for bed too? 

JC : yea, you must be tired. 

Gianne: it has been a long day… (with a flirty smile) but not too tired 

 

Chapter End Notes:

how'd you like the reunion twist? 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story