( Starting it Right )

Justin walked into his large mansion, silently cursing himself when he slammed the door shut. Shrugging off his black leather coat he hung it on the coat rack that was to his left. Walking further into the house he crept around quietly not wanting to make any noise. Making his way toward the stairs he stopped short when he noticed the small light illuminating the living room. Walking into the room he noticed a body wrapped up in a blanket sleeping soundly on the couch. Grabbing the remote he turned the television that was currently on mute off. Kneeling down he smoothed his hand down the side of her face.

" Mmm.." her eyes fluttered and she began to stir. He smiled tucking her hair behind her ear.

" Hello there sleeping beauty." he cooed softly. Cracking her eyes open she squinted a bit before fully opening them.

" Jay? What time is it?" she asked groggily. He looked down at his watch momentarily.

" It's eleven thirty two. Why are you sleeping down here?" he asked rubbing his fingers over her neck.

" I was waiting up for you but I guess that didn't go to well." he laughed softly planting a kiss on her forehead.

" Baby you didn't have to do that. I should have called to tell you that I was going to be a little late."

" I know I didn't have to but I wanted to. How was the studio? Did you get finished?"

" Yeah we got a lot of stuff done today. It was cool. They actually wanted me to go out tonight but I turned them down."

" Why? You should have went." he shook his head sitting on the seat beside her

" Nah, Id rather come home to my beautiul girl then waste my time at some stupid ass joint." smiling she sat up removing the covers from herself.

" Well I'm not gonna lie, I'm glad you decided to come home and be here with me. It would be better than having you comin up in here drunk off ya ass like at four in the morning or something. Could you imagine that?" he laughed along with her before kissing the back of her hand.

" Girl you know that ain't me. I love you too much to be disrespectin you like that." crawling over to him she kissed his lps.

" I love you too Jay." she got out through a yawn. He chuckled at her pulling her to stand from the couch along with him.

" Let's get you too bed. I think I made you stay up long enough waiting for me." she nodded her head following behind him. She waited by the stairs as he shut off all of the lights and set the alarm. Joining her by the stairs he intertwined their hands leading the way toward the bedroom.

Slipping under the covers she laid her head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around her kissing her head.

" Night baby girl." she sighed sleepily snuggling closer to him.

" Night Jay."

( Birthday Bash )

" Hey girl. Happy Birthday!!!!" Jordana accepted the hug from her friend, smiling graciously as she handed her her gift.

" Thank you Monet."

" Your welcome girl. So... the big 22!! How's it feel." She laughed as her friend tugged on her arm excitedly.

" I don't know. Old?" she joked quickly waving at one of the guests. Her friend tapped her arm with a smile mumbling something.

" I can't believe this party though. It's incredible. Justin must have spent a fortune for all this. And it's all just for you. Your so lucky." she faked a smile glancing around the room.

" Yeah lucky me." she said under her breath. The room was filled with all kinds of celebrities some of which she knew and the rest his friends. All of her family and friends had flown out to come to her surprise birthday party which was arranged by Justin. She had told him weeks before that she wanted a small get together... nothing too much but him being the guy that he is brushed her off saying ' Nothing is too much for my girl.' and ended up putting together a huge bash. He had gotten a d.j., servers, bartenders, the works. She had it all but the one thing she wanted the most wasn't there and it was already two hours into the party.

" So where's Justin? I haven't seen him since I got here. It's a little strange him not bein here don't ya think?" Monet asked over the music. Jordana fiddled with the ribbon on her gift, biting her lip sadly. Monet took notice and hugged her side.

" Oh sweetie I'm sorry. Don't worry though, I'm sure he'll be here." Smiling softly she excused herself telling Monet she'd be right back. Wandering around the room she stopped and chit chatted with various friends and such, plastering a fake smile and happy mood the entire way. She had a small run in with his mother Lynn who reassured her that he was going to show up at any minute.

Thirty minutes later and she found herself at the bar glancing down at her watch for the millionth time and sighing that same sad sigh all over again.

" Looks like you could use one of these." She turned to the person next to her only to find J.C. offering her a glass with green liquid. She accepted it and took a sip, He sat down on the stool next to her after giving her a hug.

" Thanks Jace."

" No problem. By the way you look stunnung tonight lil mama." she blushed flipping her brown locks over her bare shoulder.

" Thank you. You look very handsome yourself." he shrugged coyly.

" Well you know how I do. I only look this good when it's a special occasion." she raised an eyebrow.

" What's the occasion?" he licked his lips , staring at her.

" Girl you know it's you. Don't be stupid." She lightly smacked his knee stirring the straw around in her drink. He took notice of her sudden quietness and rubbed her arm comfortingly.

" Don't trip Dana. He'll show up." she sniffed a little in response. That's what everyone has been saying all night. ' He'll come', ' Oh don't worry he'll be here', ' You know he wouldn't miss this.' Why did it seem like they were all trying to cover up for him? Is there something that she didn't know? That no one was willing to tell her? Whatever the reason she would be better off knowing what it was then sulking around her own party like a fool.

" Hey, how about we hit the dancefloor. Get your mind somewhere else." He stood infront of her offering his hand out. She shook her head.

" Nah. Maybe later. I just want to sit here for now. Thanks though." He nodded that he understood and kissed her cheek before walking off. Turning in her seat facing the bar she drummed her fingernails on the counter top.

" Happy Birthday pretty lady." she gasped slightly at the warm breath that tickled her neck. A familiar scent filled her nostrils and she whipped around quickly. He was grinning down at her holding a white rose in his hand.

" Justin!!" she jumped up from her seat and threw her arms around his neck. He held her tightly lifting her up from the floor. Setting her down he handed her the rose

" I'm sorry I'm late. I would have gotten here sooner but there was a problem with the flights so I took the jet and got here as fast as I could." She brought it up to her nose and smelled it. Looking up at him she smiled happily.

" I really thought you weren't going to make it." her smile faltered slightly. Placing his index finger under her chin he tilted her face and looked into her brown eyes.

" There is nothing in this world that would make me miss out on my baby's special day." he told her sincerely. Smiling he leaned over kissing her lips softly.

" Justin!!! You made it." He looked over his shoulder at Monet who was standing with his mother. Giving them both hugs he pulled Jordana by his side his arm around her waist.

" Of course. Plus we all know it wouldn't be a party if I wasn't here anyway." he joked. Jordana pinched his side and his mother shook her head at him.

" I'm just joking. It's my babygirl's birthday. There is no way I'm going to miss a celebration like this." smiling down at her he held her closer.

" Well I'm glad cause if you did then I was going to have to hurt you badly Justin Randall." his mother threatened shaking her finger. Justin pouted playfully giving her a nasty look.

" You are a evil woman." he turned to his girlfriend. " You hear her baby? She wants to hurt the hottness." She lightly smacked his arm. He was too cocky for his own good.

" Justin, be quiet." Suddenly the music was cut and the D.J. put the mic up to his lips.

" Alright everybody. I think it's time we really get this party pumpin." she looked on with a curious glance as his eyes scanned the crowd as if he were looking for someone in particular.

" Today is a very special day for a very special someone so I'm gonna need that person to make her way to the stage. Where is the birthday girl? Jordana come bring ya sexy ass up to this stage." Everyone began to cheer and clap as he called out for her. Her eyes went wide and her mocha colored cheeks pink. She looked up at Justin who had the biggest grin on his handsome face. Taking her hand in his he led her through the crowd and onto the stage. She put a hand over her face and giggled. The D.J. called over his shoulder and the next thing a huge white and blue cake was being rolled out to her on a table. He instructed everyone on the count of three to begin singing to her. He put his arm over her shoulder as the entire room joined in song. Burying her head into his chest shyly she waited till it all came to an end.

" Now it's time to blow out them candles. Go head girl." She hugged the D.J. before turning back to her cake. She turned to Justin who pointed toward the candles. Laughing she closed her eyes tightly taking a deep breath and blew out the candles. Justin then stuck his finger in the cake and wiped some cream on her nose. Giggling she dipped her finger in the cream smothering it all over his mouth. He grabbed her hand and licked her palm then left sloppy kisses all over her face while she squirmed in his grasp.

Now that's how it's done." The room erupted in cheers and claps once again and the music was turned back on. She accepted all of the hugs and happy birthdays as she left the stage and moved about the crowd.

" Did you make a good wish?" Lynn asked pulling back from the hug. She smiled brightly at the older lady and shook her head, grinning up at Justin who was holding her from behind.

" Yeah. Hopefully it will come true."

" Come on, I want to go shake my ass on the floor." She laughed as he dragged her onto the floor."

( Club Night )

The group of people burst into laughter around the booth in the loud club when someone cracked another joke. Scooting closer to him she laid her hand on his lap as she tried to catch her breath. He removed his hand from around her waist telling her to make way so he could stand.

" I'l be right back. I'm just gonna go get a another beer." he answered her questioning stare. She nodded her head as he slipped past her.

" ... And after that it was all over. There was no way in hell we were going to be able to look at him in the face again." Trace finished with his story causing them to laugh some more. Jordana lifted her head still chuckling a bit and looked around. Forty minutes had gone by and Justin still wasn't back yet. A little ways across the room something caught her eye. Squinting so she could see better she watched as a leggy blonde ran her fingers over a guy's arm. His arm to be exact.

She was giggling all up in his face. whispering in his ear. Her eyes narrowed when the girl leaned in close kissing his cheek.

" Jordana, you want anything girl?" she looked at her friend who was pointing at the waitress infront of them with drinks in her hand.

" Um nah, I'm cool." Thanking her she turned her attention back over to them just in time to see Justin pushing the girl away from him creating some distance. His facial features looked far from happy. She watched as an agitated look crossed his face and his nose turned up in disgust at the girl before him. The girl was relentless and tried to slip him a white piece of paper. He took it, tore it up, and threw the pieces on the floor. The girl huffed, rolled her neck and walked off. Jordana smiled instantly as she watched him make his way back over to the booth

Slipping in he placed his arm back around her shoulders. She turned to him.

" Hey, you ok?" she asked noticing the unplesant look on his face. He nodded his head.

" Yeah, Just some hoes don't know when to quit." Inwardly she smiled happily. Kissing her temple he turned to the conversation that he was having with the guys earlier.

Laying her head on his shoulder she joined in with the rest of the table laughing and joking around for the rest of the night.

( Home Time )

" What the fuck was that man. That is bullshit. That is straight bull fuckin shit." He yelled at the television that was displaying a lakers game. Slamming the remote down on the sofa cushion he angrily sat back down. Walking in from around the corner she stood behind the couch glancing at the television then at him.

" Justin who are you yelling at?" she asked flipping through the magazine in her hand. He looked at her over his shoulder then turned back around.

" It's nothing. Just stupid as Kobe throwing bricks like a mother fucker and shit." he muttered grabbing his soda can from the coffee table taking a large gulp.

" I don't see what the big deal is. It's just a dumb game." he looked at her annoyed as she sat next to him.

" It's not just a "game" ok. I have money riding on this and I'll be damned if I lose. Justin Timberlake never loses." she rolled her eyes mutteing a 'whatever'.

" Can we change the channel? There's this good movie on that I want to watch." he looked at her as if she were insane.

" Are you crazy girl?"

" Come on Jay. It's a really good movie. Please." she stuck her lip out and he sighed.

" But baby, the game is on. Can't you watch it upstairs?" he whined pointing at the television. Her lip stuck out even further.

" I want to watch it with you. Please baby. You can always watch the game another time. That's why we have Tivo." he began to crack a smile as her frown deepened.

" You know I can't resist that face girl." crawling over to him she sat in his lap frowning more if that was possible. Sighing he forced her lip back in with his finger.

" Alright. ok. Fine. Lets watch the movie." she squealed in delight and he let out a hearty laugh. Grabbing the remote she turned it to the movie channel.

" So what are we watching?" he asked pulling her to his side. She laid her head on his chest turning up the volume.

" The Notebook." He groaned out loud dropping his head back onto the couch.

" Not again."

" What?" she asked innocently.

" You've seen this a million times already baby. I can damn near quote the movie if I wanted." she patted his chest giggling.

" Well get to quoting." he smacked her behind then turned to the television muttering silently to himself. Settling into him they fell into a comfortable silence watching the film. She laughed as he began to quote the opening lines of the movie.

As she laid in his arms she began to get lost in her thoughts momentarily. Thinking back to everything that happened she sighed contently diverting her attention over to the screen.


I guess birthday wishes really do come true.

Completed
Koralin_Timberlake is the author of 7 other stories.

This story is part of the series, The Break Up Letter Series.. The previous story in the series is I Just Wanted You To Know. The next story in the series is The Break Up Letter.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story