Author's Chapter Notes:

No matter where we go

No matter what we do

If you're there girl, I've got my eyes on you

Chase Rice - Eyes on You

"I'm going to ask you if you need my help getting off the boat, but you look like you've got this," JC smirked as the tiny speed boat docked near the hiking trail. He was wearing a pair of track pants and a white v-neck. He had a little backpack strapped to his back filled with waters and snacks and their sunscreen. His hand was resting on the small of her back and he rubbed his fingers against her grey tank top. He snuck a little peek behind her at the black leggings she was wearing and grinned a bit. He knew he'd be behind her for a lot of this hike and he was completely okay with the view he'd have.

She pursed her lips in a little smile and tightened her high ponytail. "I'll save the big guns for when I need them." She climbed up onto the dock and stopped to look at him. "Thank you though." Her smile was soft and playful, "Though I probably should have considered this hike's intensity before I overdid it with the sex with you the last few days."

He grinned." Well. I can't say I'm sorry about that." He leaned in and placed a kiss on her temple. "Lead the way baby."

Sam walked across the parking lot to the trail entrance. The guidebook had said this was a 7 mile hike through the city, then to the woods and up the cliffs to the best view of Monte Carlo. She knew that's what she wanted for her man and that's what they were going to try. "This way baby," she smiled.

JC followed her, grinning to himself. "You are so excited about this and it kinda makes me happy." He put his hat on backwards and threw his new aviators on. Something about watching his woman taking charge, confident. It made him feel like he was falling even more in love with new parts of her. 

"I thought it would be fun." She grinned and put her sunglasses on as well as they began to stroll along the path which began on a side street of the city itself. It was warm but not hot, and the late morning sun shined down on them just right. There was no one else around in plain sight. The quiet of the morning was just what they needed. They reached a clearing with a path that was visibly an uphill climb. She looked over at JC with a little smile. He nodded ahead of him with a little wink, letting her take a few steps ahead of him so he could admire her back in her leggings. He grinned again, following a few short paces behind her. 

As they continued to climb, you could hear birds and the rustling of leaves. He made his way up to walking next to her, stealing glances as they walked. As they were moving, he smiled softly, realizing that doing things like this with her was actually something he craved. Something so normal and everyday, something that made him feel like just Josh rather than JC. The more he reflected on it, the more he realized that this was the freedom she had given him. The freedom to just be himself in a world that wanted to take, take, take from him. 

She kept glancing over at him every few steps with a soft smile. She took her phone out a few times, snapping pictures of some of the scenery. The famous buildings, the casino, the roads were becoming smaller as they climbed. The silence was comfortable. 

After about 5 of the miles, she was a bright pink because she was working hard, but she felt good. The path ahead of them was getting more narrow as they were making their way to the lookout point.

"Are you doing okay honey?" JC asked. He was slowing down along with her, not as fast as they were in the beginning, but he knew the burn felt like a great workout. "Should we take 5 minutes?"

"Mmm," she nodded and sat down on a rock next to him after opening his backpack and taking out 2 waters. She opened them up and handed one to him while she took a long sip of hers. "I'm feeling good. The little break is good though..."

"I'm the one that wanted the break," he laughed and leaned up against a large rock. "Sometimes it's easier to take a break first on your way up than on the come down." He wiped a bit of sweat from his temple.  

"I think we should do this more often. I've seen so many trails near our house that I've wanted to try." She took another couple sips of her water then she leaned over and kissed him softly.

He grinned. "Mmm. I agree. C'mere. I'll take another one of those." He smiled and leaned in for another kiss. It was a little sweaty and something about it felt primal and attractive to him. "I love doing new things with you."

She smiled against his kiss, "I love doing new things with you too. Things that I might not always feel comfortable with. Things that make me feel strong. I like that."

"Baby if I get to help you with that, then by all means let's do it." He smiled and kissed one more time before finishing off his water. "Let's make it to the top ok?"  

"Let's do it baby," she smiled and put their garbage in a little bag, sticking it back in his backpack. She zipped it up with a smile. Something about him carrying the backpack was adorable. 

The last two miles were the hardest of their hike, rockier than the original trail. They had a little bit of climbing up of rocks to do. She started off initially unsure and was struggling, but JC was both literally and figuratively pushing to help her up. 

After some pushes, grunts and some positive cheering on, they finally made it to the top. You could see for miles out to the ocean on the cliff. The mansions and castles and Monte Carlo were below them. The view was breathtaking.

"Oh, wow." He still stood behind her, not about to leave her side or let her go too far away from him. He knew deep down that the cliff was a risky spot to be. "Could you imagine seeing this every single day?"

"It would be amazing," she smiled and leaned back into his body. "I'm so glad we did this. I read that this is the only spot where you can see all of this... just this particular ledge." She sighed contentedly. 

He wrapped his arms tightly around her. "Mmm, if this is the only spot, then baby you did your research and I literally am going to be marrying the best woman on this planet."

"Kinda thought that was a given," she laughed playfully, "You're marrying a woman who is going to have some tight ass shins tomorrow morning, but figured it was worth it for her man and for her to enjoy."

"Let daddy teach you a couple things so you won't be so sore, and I'll make sure you know how to make the most of activating your core when you're climbing instead of putting more pressure on your shins." His voice was matter of fact and made Samantha bite her lip.

"Ohhh, you can teach me a few things alright," she smirked, "I'm willing to learn." She leaned back and kissed his lips softly. The angle was awkward but she made it work. 

He kissed her really softly but didn't like the way she was positioned on the cliff with him. He physically turned her around, then wrapped his arms around her again before he could continue to kiss her in a much more relaxed state of mind. "Mmmm. I'll teach you anything you want."

"I love that you just named yourself my new personal trainer," she grinned, then took a playful nibble of his lip. 

He was grinning as she nibbled on his lip. "Like that's something new to you. I know you got your contracted trainers for work but... I'm daddy."

She was giggling softly. "I love when you call yourself daddy." She rubbed on his arms a bit as the early afternoon breeze blew against the two of them. 

"I will only reference that occasionally and when necessary," he smiled and pulled her in close to his body so they could look at the water together.

She snuggled into him, letting out a soft sigh at how beautiful everything was. Being around him seemed to heighten the beauty in everything and made her much more thoughtful.

They stood there for a good, long while. The breeze came and went, and he was taking the time to enjoy her presence and being in such a gorgeous place with her. After a while, his lips touched against her neck. "Tell me what you're thinking," he whispered.

"Mmm," she closed her eyes and smiled, "Honestly, I'm thinking about how last year at this time I would have ever, ever pinpointed myself standing her in Monaco. My career being the way it is. Most importantly, standing here with the man who is going to be my husband. Sometimes it gets me in awe."

He hummed on her skin, "Sometimes I think about you and that alone gets me in awe. Why me? How was I able to be the man you needed, and how the hell did I get you to say yes to me." He grinned.

She made a soft noise, "Well how did I end up being the woman that you needed? It's a two way street for sure baby."

He grinned, "We can banter back and forth when we get back down the hill. It'll take a little more balance and focus to go down so we should get started honey."

"Let's do this." She smiled, leaning in to get one more soft kiss. Her adrenaline was running high and she felt so alive. 

JC licked his lips slowly with a hum as he took her hand to lead the way. He was not about to let her go down the steepest part solo. "You'd better not have anymore surprises for me?" His voice was teasing but soft. 

"That's about all I've got for you. Two days in Monte Carlo, a baller yacht, parasailing. Some hiking." She grinned, letting him lead the way and keep her steady. She was constantly amazed at how much trust she placed in him every moment. "You know, the things you keep calling next level wifey shit."

He laughed as they slipped slightly down a rocky part but in a moment he was able to steady their balance. "Yeah, some next level wifey shit. Got me sayin' I can't have sex for a few days because I'm sore."

She laughed too, grabbing his hand a little harder but they stopped and steadied themselves before they began to walk again. "I thought the sex we had on New Years and Vegas on that pool deck were good. But damn," she smirked.

JC let out a low, guttural laugh. He went to go look up at her, then misstepped, causing them both to fall down on their asses and go sliding a few feet down. "Fuck." His reflexes were fast and he had them stopped quickly. "Are you okay?"

She smiled softly, nodding as she looked up at him. "Sweetheart, I'm fine, I promise." She reached up to touch his face. "Are you okay?"

"Yes," he laughed softly, "I looked away from my feet to stare at you for a second and fucked it all up." He pulled himself back up to his feet and helped her up. 

"I guess I need to stop being so gorgeous," she giggled and stole a kiss from him before they started to walk again.

"Like for real. Could you stop?" He smirked and started to take bigger steps once the steepness was more level. They were almost to the bottom. 

"I'll do my best," she grinned and started to swing their arms as they reached the bottom. Soon they were at the entrance to the trail near the main road. They moseyed along  together and a few people started to snap some pictures of them. They quickly ducked down the stairs to the marina, where their little wooden boat was waiting to take them back to the yacht. 

When they got on the boat, he took her hand and helped her in. His arm was around her as it took off from the dock. "Hey Samantha baby?"

"Yes sweetheart?" she answered, her head going to his shoulder. 

"Do you think it's ever going to bother you to be in public and constantly have people take pictures of us?" His voice was thoughtful. 

"I mean. Yes. I know that sometimes I just want to do things by myself and not worry about pictures coming out. Especially now that we are together and sometimes I just want to have moments." She sighed softly, "when we have kids I think it'll be worse."

JC's jaw set seriously as he looked back at her. "When we have kids I'm going to take the time to just be a dad and husband to you... and my career comes last," He pulled her chin up to look at him. "I want you to know that you come first to all of this."

She looked up at him and the way he just said all of that-- this was the first time that he had ever really said anything like this and it made her smile. 

JC could see the wonder in her eyes and it made him smile in return. "I know that I haven't said anything like that before. But I haven't been the man that I am right now until recently. " He leaned down and kissed on her just as the boat pulled them up to the yacht. 

Sam smiled, sliding her hand up to touch his face."I love the man that you are right now. Just like I love the man that you were before, and became because of me. And us." She rubbed their noses together, "And just so you know, whenever we start a family, I want to be the mom and wife first and foremost. I want to give you everything you've ever wanted and more. And for whatever kids come our way."

"I already know that you're going to be the best mom, the best wife, the best woman I could have ever been gifted." He leaned into her touch as the boat captain waited there for them with an amused smile on his face.

"I'll do my best to live up to those expectations everyday." She smiled as she played with his day old scruff. 

"I can assure you that you don't have anything to worry about. No expectations needed." He got up and turned around, grinning. "Climb up!" He helped her jump  on his back and he stepped up back onto the yacht.

She laughed so cute, wrapping her arms and legs around him. "That's service right there."

He grinned, holding her legs even after they boarded the boat. He walked along the deck and down the stairs into the bedroom. "I'll show you service."

She giggled, resting her chin against his shoulder. "Oh, is that so Josh?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna service you right now." He pulled her down and pulled her shirt off of her head, then gently pushed her on the bed, pulling her leggings off. He turned her over and grinned. "Okay..."

She laughed and it turned to a light little squeal. "Josh! What are you doing?"

"Hmmm," he smiled and turned her back around to grab at her thighs to look closer. "Well, I just needed to make sure that you were in fact okay and not lying to me about having some kind of cut on you." 

"How highly thoughtful of you," she laughed softly. "My thighs seem to be okay. A bit bruised but not from a fall on the cliffs."

"Oh, I saw my fingerprints. I'm ok with those." He smirked and pulled her up off the bed again.

She grinned, laughing softly. "Now that we're clear on that one."

He grinned, "That real strappy suit that you had on the bed. Put it on for me and meet me up on the deck." He grabbed at her face and kissed her slow, it was a long and meaningful type of kiss. He pulled away, licking his lips. "Kay?"

"Mmm. Oh, Birthday boy still has some wishes left?' she grinned cute as she pulled away from those kisses. 

"Yep. You'll find out when you get up there." He gave her ass a playful pinch before grabbing his shorts and changing in the bathroom up top. He turned the lights on in the pool on the deck, grabbed a bucket of beer they were enjoying and a platter of fruit, cheese and veggies sitting next to the pool. He stopped the crew and told them to take the rest of the evening off-- no serving, no movement, nothing. The boat would stay put for the night and he wanted to enjoy the time with her. He stepped down into the pool as the sun was setting.

Sam paused for a moment in front of the mirror and grinned. She loved when he took charge.She shuffled over to her suitcase and pulled out the strappy grey bikini. She carried it into the bathroom and washed her face, then changed. She took a few long moments to admire herself, feeling strong after that workout with JC on the cliffs. She sucked in a cute breath and walked out of the bathroom and up the stairs. As she reached the top step, she saw him in the pool and it made her smile. "A pool, a gorgeous sunset and my hubby. Love this."

"Oh shit," his lips parted at the first glance of her, "Baby, wow."

She smiled and spined around cutely on the deck, shaking her hips as she made her way closer to the pool. "I had a feeling you might like this one when I saw the designer working on it." She adjusted her bottoms a tiny bit, feeling comfortable in her own skin.

"Baby, damn." He put the bottle he was going to open back in the ice and he stood up, walking to the steps of the pool to take her hand. "You bought this one for me?"

"Yep," she smiled, "Sometimes I buy them for me, sometimes I buy them for you." She interlocked fingers with him and used his steady hand to guide her in the water.

"Oh, I'm so glad this was the one that made you think of me." He had her spin around for him again in the pool. "Can I just like... stare at you and admire you sometimes?"

She smiled, "Anytime you want honey. Because I'll always do the same. Sometimes a picture or a thought makes me stop and stare at you all the same."

He stopped her once she made it around in a circle and he pulled his arms around her as he leaned against the ledge. "Give me an example of thought. The last time you stared at me."

She closed her eyes and smiled. "Mmm." She leaned back into his arms, "Sometimes when you're in workout clothes, my mind will start to race. Like this time you had on a pair of shorts and that's it. I think you just walked to get the mail. And the thought took me to watching you work out in those same shorts in Vegas. And then my mind wandered to the way you were squatting under that bar. All that weight, and the grunts you made." She grinned.

He was perfectly smirky. "So me working out really DOES all that? Make your mind wander like that and puts you in a train of thought so hard that when I come in the door and say hi baby, you're just in la la land and you don't hear me..."

"Mmm, sometimes. When you're on the road or in a relationship that can't always be together, sometimes those are the things you need to hold on to."

"When I'm away from you for a long period of time, I'll just send you some of those mirror pictures of me that you love so much baby," He kissed her cheek and reached for a bar, popping the top and handing one to her. 

"Mmm, thanks baby." she laughed softly, "You specialized in those early on. Guess I grew to love them."

"I still feel like the biggest tool for sending those. Like, I wish I could go back in time and delete all of them like it never happened." He scratched the back of his head. 

She giggled, "What, you didn't like that I could sample a little taste of what you were bringing to the table?"

"Pfft," he scoffed cutely, "That was no taste." He took a sip of his drink before putting it on the ledge. "I wanted you to be attracted to me and I didn't know how to play those cards right."

She laughed softly, taking a sip of her beer. "You were hot Josh. No doubt about that."

"I will have you know I never sent pictures like that to anyone before. So much that when Justin caught me, he made fun of me for a week," he laughed. 

Her giggle was soft, "Oh so I was the first one huh? Oh man," she grinned, "Justin caught you posing in your briefs I hope. Maybe that time you had your hand on your package too?"

"UGH!" He laughed, shaking his head, "Please never remind me of that photo again. I need to redeem that shit. Justin caught me in the mirror of the bathroom at rehearsal."

Her giggles continued, "I won't make you look at the copy I saved on my phone. But I will have you know that I may have taken some time to admire how much you grabbed. So there is that..." She smirked. 

He grinned. "So you zoomed in to see how much you could see, didn't you?" He flicked water at her playfully, "You tried to size me up."

She smirked, taking another sip. "I had you maybe at 7 and a half."

"Woman." His eyes closed, "I am so glad that I love you very much because a SEVEN?" His eyes popped open, "Maybe in high school."

She couldn't help but start laughing at him. "You weren't even turned on in the picture okay?' She shook her head and smirked, "So maybe if you put the moves on me the day I saw you on the MMC that's what I could have expected?" Her grin was playful and innocent. 

"Oh my god," he was laughing a bit, then hooked a finger in one of her straps to pull her back close to him. "I'd never have been crude enough to do it then."

She wrapped her arms around him, taking a minute to gaze up into his eyes with a playful sparkle in hers. "I would have never expected it."

He took his finger from her strap and wrapped her loosely in his arms. "I would have dated you so hard you know. Honestly, if I had met you sooner I would have been your boyfriend."

"Maybe we wouldn't have worked out if we had met sooner. Your career got pretty ridiculous pretty quickly. Then mine began to. I like how we found each other when we both needed sometimes. That to me is the most special part of this all."

"You make such a valid point. I just love you so much, I'm trying to imagine what it would have been like loving you sooner. Experience more with you from the beginning." He rested his back against the ledge. 

She smiled, resting her head on his chest. "Well if you had asked me out way back in 1994, I would have totally said yes. Then I could imagine driving in to Orlando to see you on set all of the time. We could have had an awkward first date," she giggled, "God I was awkward at 15."

"I remember thinking I was SO COOL back then, trying to fit in like the best." He stroked her hair, "Life was crazy with filming and everything they made us do."

"Well let me ask you this question. Are any of the guys with their original girlfriends from the earliest days of *NSYNC?"

"Ehhh, one. Original girlfriends... maybe two."

"That's all you needed to stay. We wouldn't have ever worked out if we tried this any sooner. We both did what we needed to do to be ready to have each other. I needed to fall in love with myself and become confident with who I was, and you needed to do you. Maybe that last two inches helped," she licked her lips teasingly. 

He growled a little, "I love the period of growth and I don't mean by inches. So yes, I'll agree that we weren't supposed to meet, and if we forced it, then we wouldn't be here right now. You're worth waiting for."

"You are as well, baby. I'm glad we are the way we are, and I'm glad that I have pictures of you in the mirror. And in your briefs, and in the gym with no shirt on." She smirked. 

"Mmm, and just you wait until I go on the road with the boys in a few weeks. I'll send you the upgraded version." He adjusted himself on purpose under the water. 

"Oh, I officially unlocked wifey status?" she grinned, watching him. 

"You already unlocked that shit," he grinned up at her, "You send me some pretty sexy wifey type pictures when I'm gone and I'll admit I totally use your pics to get off when I'm away."

She smiled at his eager grin--she loved it. "Seeing as though you did put a ring on it, I suppose I can make that happen for you," she smirked, "Wear some of your favorite lingerie too."

His eyes were bright. "I love that you'll do that for me." He placed his lips on her shoulder. "Thank you again, baby, for the best birthday ever. My 20s were pretty crazy, but I think I'm gonna love my 30s with you by my side." 

"Right back at you," she smiled, "You rocked my birthday too. When we get home we'll have a few more celebrations. You don't think your friends will let 30 go by without making a big deal of it. It'll be great to celebrate with all of them," she added.

He grinned. "I look forward to it," he mumbled against her skin, letting himself get lost in her. He knew in a few short days he'd have to share her with the world again, and he selfishly just wanted to keep her all to himself. He never had a feeling like that before, and it was strangely satisfying.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj jc celebrity solojc