Author's Chapter Notes:

girl you could pick a field full of daisies

but he'd still be my baby

i know you can hardly wait till i'm away from him

instinctively i know what you're thinking

you'll be givin' him an open invitation

but my baby won't be taking it

Dream -  He Loves U Not 

Los Angeles, CA - 1 week later 

 

"Let's give it up for the birthday boy!" the DJ called out. "Happy 30th birthday, JC!" 

The spotlight went down on JC and he blushed slightly, waving to the group of his friends and acquaintances that the record label and the band had gotten together to celebrate. 

The party was being hosted at the Beverly Hills Hotel with its old Hollywood charm. Lance had concocted the brilliant idea of hosting a "Say Goodbye to his Roaring 20's" party with a Great Gatsby theme. The room was decorated in blacks and golds and silvers, with subtle nods to the 1920s sprinkled throughout. All of the guests were encouraged to dress the part- swanky suits, glittery dresses and glam for days. The boys were so excited to celebrate their friend in a grand fashion. 

Parties with large groups made JC puff his chest out a little extra. He knew that eyes went on his fiancé when they were together and he made sure that everyone knew this one was his. They had been at the party for less than 30 minutes but she hadn't left his side for more than a few moments at a time, at his insistence. Her sparkly black dress was a head turner and he knew he would gladly have his hands full all night.

Sam smiled, watching JC wave to his friends. She leaned in as the music began to play again, kissing his cheek. "You look so handsome tonight," she mumbled with a smile against his skin.

"And you're gorgeous," he gave her hand a squeeze and pulled her into his body a bit more. "Let's go mingle, sweet baby."

They walked through the ballroom toward Justin, Chris and Ashley who were sipping Manhattans.

"It's the old man!" Justin grinned, giving JC a fast hug. "You left us for vacation in your 20s and now you're old..." He laughed softly. "And congratulations are in order!"

JC held their hands up to show off Samantha's shiny diamond. "And an old engaged man," he added with a smile. "Best decision I could have ever made."

Justin shook his head with a big smile. "I can't believe you didn't even tell me. We used to dream about that shit when we were kids," he chuckled, looking over at Ashley with adoring eyes. "And now you're engaged."

JC grinned, bringing Samantha's hand over to his lips to kiss it softly. "Honestly it all came together very fast, and I knew if I told too many people about it I'd probably have blown my cover. Keeping it a secret was the hardest thing ever." 

Ashley let out an adorable squeal, taking Samantha's hand away from JC. "This ROCK! Jesus Joshua," she laughed, looking down at the ring. 

"He did good," Sam giggled, leaning in to snuggle up to her man. 

"We had to make a statement," JC said with a big smile. "She deserves nothing but the best."

Justin gave a playful punch of JC's arm. "You made a statement alright. Enjoy your night, bro. We'll see you around. So happy for you!" He grabbed onto Ashley's arm and they walked off to go get some food.

An hour or so passed and JC happily mingled with the guests at the party, bringing Sam along, sharing the story of Paris and the proposal gladly with everyone who asked about it. He was feeling a good buzz from his Old Fashioned cocktails and was hands on, flirty with his woman and feeling great about life. 

"So obviously you have some good new material," LA Reid said, grinning, looking from JC to Samantha. 

"Nonstop neverending inspiration," JC laughed slightly, rubbing his hand up and down her side. Next to him, Samantha laughed softly. She loved seeing her man relaxed and enjoying the company around him. He had a charisma about him that was quiet and unassuming, one that really shined with a small group of people. 

"I know the last album just came out but I look forward to doing a few tracks on the next one," LA added, giving him a friendly tap on the arm. "Happy birthday again, JC."

JC smiled, leading Samantha over near the bar. "Can I get you anything else?" he asked, placing a kiss on her temple. 

"No, I'm good for a bit," she smiled, closing her eyes. "Just enjoying your company and seeing all your friends." 

He nuzzled his face against hers, whispering, "I can't wait to get you later for the real celebration. I hope you'll be up for it."

Sam opened her mouth to return a playful reply when they were interrupted.

"Hey stranger," a familiar, female voice rang out. 

JC looked up and felt his heart sink to the pit of his stomach. He would know that voice anywhere. 

Standing in front of him was a beautiful, exotic woman. She was petite, no more than 5'4, with a very thin build. She was wearing a red dress that hugged her tan skin and extremely full breasts and tiny waist. She was Portuguese, with waist length jet black hair that shined under the spotlights and big brown eyes. 

Sam arched her eyebrow and looked over at her shell-shocked fiance. She looked back at the woman. She recognized her from television-- she was Katalina Rodrigues, a famous ESPN anchor that was known for her sex appeal- she had a Playboy cover and was known for sending nude photos to athletes and dating many of them. She blinked a few times. Katalina. Kat. Shit.

"Hey JC," Kat said, flashing a wide, flawless grin. Everything about her exuded sex appeal. Sam let herself stare at her for a few long moments. For a split second, she felt the familiar pangs of jealousy for the absolute straight sized beauty this woman possessed. 

JC cleared his throat. "Kat... what are you doing here?" He looked over at Sam then toward the door, where Dre, Lonnie and Mike were standing with their eyes on the guests.

"Do you really think I'd miss your 30th birthday?" She fluttered her eyelashes at him then looked at Sam with a disapproving look. "And this is...?"

"Samantha Bentley. My fiance," JC stated, matter-of-factly. 

"Oh, so you've finally decided to settle down?" Kat nearly purred as she talked to him. "I would have never expected it. I know you grew accustomed to living the single life. I've heard stories about you."

"She's changed my life," JC replied. "She's a model and the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"Mmm well, probably catalog modeling. But I wouldn't know because I don't wear that size." Kat had the laugh of someone that thought they were exceptionally funny. She took a sip of her champagne and looked Samantha up and down disapprovingly. 

JC tightened his grip on Samantha's arm. He could feel her trying to loosen herself. He was not about to have a fight happen right here, as hot as it may have been. 

"Oh, sweetheart," Samantha said, "Why are you here?"

"I told you, I didn't want to miss this special party," she took a step forward and tried to brush her lips against his cheek. 

"Kat. Stop." JC grit his teeth. "You need to leave. Now." 

"C'mon Jaceeee... I know this isn't over." Her words began to slur slightly. "Don't you want to remember what we had? You were in love with me!" 

"Kat, it's been five fucking years. You've wanted nothing to do with me, and frankly I want nothing to do with you. I know what it means to have a woman who wants me for nothing more than me. I'm never looking back." JC's voice was flat. He caught Justin's eye, noticing that he was making his way to Dre. 

"Oh JC! You don't mean that." She made a face. Her hand went to her hip, as if trying to show off what she could bring to the table. "You remember this body."

Sam stepped forward, letting go of JC's arm. "Listen. I don't know what the hell you think you're doing here. But I'm not about to let you come here and ruin my fiancé's night. He has grown into an amazing man who knows how to treat a woman, no thanks to your inability to be a decent human being. And now that he knows better, you can kindly fuck off and stay away from my man." 

"You'll get it--" Kat screeched but was interrupted as Dre and Lonnie stepped up to her side and in a synchronized maneuver, their arms were linking to hers in a protective grasp. 

"We're not sure how you got in," Lonnie said, guiding her away from JC, "But you've been on the off-limits list for years. Absolutely not allowed to be showing up to any events." The two guards escorted her to the door as she was babbling. They certainly looked like they had made that move before.  

Turning back to Samantha, JC let out a sigh. "Baby I'm so sorry..."

Sam stopped to touch his face, "Josh. You couldn't control that. Don't you dare apologize to me. This is your birthday party." 

He let a grin creep across his lips. "But that was hot as hell, you telling her off like that. Can you do that more often?"

"Mmmm," she grinned, letting her hands travel up to grab at his suit jacket. "You are something else Joshua Scott. Wouldn't you just love that..."

"Uhhh yeah I would," he grabbed at her face and let his lips crash against hers. He was feeling the adrenaline of seeing Kat, the shock at watching his woman be a boss... he almost couldn't handle it. 

She grinned into his kiss, grabbing his jacket a little bit tighter as she let him suck in her lips and let them go. She was totally willing to let him take control, and she loved it. 

"Shit," he mumbled against her lips, "How do you always make me want you like this?" 

"Mmm," she grinned, "I ain't mad about it." 

He stepped forward a bit, pulling her tighter into his body. He wanted her to feel what was up--- the fact that they hadn't even started dancing yet and he was already going. "Samantha," he growled. 

"Joshua," she whispered against his lips, "Later. I promise. It'll be worth it."

JC went for a nip at her lip and another little growl. He opened his mouth again to speak but was interrupted by the voice of the DJ.

"JC come on over to the middle of the dance floor! I think it's time to wish this birthday boy all the best, CAKE TIME!" The DJ boomed.

Sam laughed softly. "Of course," she kissed his temple. "Let's go celebrate you, baby."

He grunted again but laughed. "C'mon, sweets," he took her by the arm and adjusted himself before they walked to the center of the floor. 

"Here he is, the man of the hour, our 30 year old! Let's all join in and sing JC a big happy birthday!" The DJ sang out. 

JC pulled at Samantha's arm, bringing her right in the middle of the floor with him. The wait staff brought out a small, three-tiered cake that was gold and black, matching the decor perfectly. The words "Happy 30th JC" were in perfect cursive along the side, and big sparkler candles adorned the top. 

"On the count of three... let's sing it! 1...2...3!" The DJ called out. 

The entire room began to sing happy birthday to him. As they were singing, Samantha was all smiles, squeezing his hand. 

JC smiled and tried to blow out the candles but laughed when he realized they were the sparkler kind that needed to burn out themselves. The DJ handed him the microphone and he laughed softly. "Uh, hi everyone. I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for coming out tonight. It means a lot to me to have so many of you here celebrating me. It's hard to believe that 30 is here," he laughed a little bit, "I was just turning 19 when I joined *NSYNC, and spent the entire part of the last decade of my life as part of the band. It feels like so much has changed but nothing has changed at the exact same time." He looked out at the other 4 members of *NSYNC, holding their drinks with a big smile. "To my 4 brothers: Lance, Joe, Chris and J.... I love all of you. Thank you for this party," he grinned. "And to my beautiful Samantha," he looked over at her with a soft smile, "Thank you for also being instrumental in making this party happen. And most especially for loving me even when I'm unloveable. Thank you everyone! I love you all!" 

The crowd clapped as the staff rolled away the cake to cut it for all the guests. The music picked up again as people continued to mingle.

Sam leaned in and whispered against his ear, "Love you, birthday boy. Can't wait to give you your gift later."

He growled playfully leaning in to nip at her ear. He was feeling high on life and needed an outlet. "How about now?" 

She grinned, tilting her head a bit. "Joshua Scott..." She loved when his eyes danced with mischief and she got him going.

He licked his lips, grabbing for her hand. "Samantha Lee Bentley. Follow me." He peeked to the left and to the right and when it looked like no eyes were on them, he pulled her out the back door of the ballroom to the hallway. "Mmm, this way," he grinned. "I've been to events here before." He pulled her down the hallway and opened the second door to the left. It was pitch black in there. He pulled her close to his body, the darkness heightening the feeling of their bodies near the other's. "Nobody's going to come looking in a coat closet in the middle of August," he mumbled on her lips, letting them crash against hers where he took a hungry suck of her lips before letting them go. 

Without looking, he reached behind him and flipped on one of the dim lights of the closet. He lifted her leg up onto his hip and his face turned so they hit her face, up against her jaw. 

Sam's head went back against the wall, letting a low moan escape her lips, feeling him turn on for her coupled with the feeling of his lips against her skin. "Ohhh," she mumbled, her hands slipping up to feel his arms. 

He let his lips slide over against hers again, feeling that tingle go all the way down his spine and he moaned. He pulled her other leg up, pinning her against the wall of the closet. 

Her low moan matched his, tilting her head, opening and closing her lips over his as her legs tightened around his waist. 

His brow furrowed, meeting her open mouthed kiss with another, then let his lips close over hers, sucking her lower lip into his mouth. His hips pressed against hers, now still against the wall. 

She moaned softly, blinking a few times as she pulled away to look up at him. Every single time he took charge this way was a pleasant surprise. Her blue eyes were wide as she grinned softly, giving him a look of pure love, clouded with lust. 

"Samantha... shit. I want you." He crashed his lips against hers again. Seeing her with Kat... having her on his arm all night long... he couldn't take it anymore. He had to make her his, and fast.

"Joshua," she moaned against his lips, feeling the tingles taking over her entire body. She reached down and started to tug at his belt.

He kissed her a little harder, slipping her a bit of tongue. He reached down and stopped her hand from his belt and ran it over his dress pants, giving her a feel. "You. Do this to me every fucking time, Samantha." 

She bit her lip, watching him intently. "Mmmm. That. Is ALL mine." She let her hand stroke over him, a tiny grin playing at her lips. 

"Ughhhh," he moaned against her lips, "I need you... I really... need... want... must have... you..." He began to grind his hips against her hand. 

She reached to unzip his pants and pulled him from his briefs, bringing her forehead to him. "Then take me, Josh."

His mouth dropped slightly and his head fell to her shoulder. "Ohhhh fuck." He felt himself pulsating and he knew he was ready and was pretty sure she was too. 

She bit her lip as her hand stroked him once more, "You know I'm yours. Fuck her."

"Ohhh fuck, When you talk all that good shit." He bucked at her hand again before pulling his head up to look at her. Their eyes met and he grinned a bit, knowing shit was about to go down. "You like the panties you're wearing tonight or nah?"

She giggled softly. "Nothing we can't replace," she took her hand off him and reached under her sparkly dress to help him rip them off. 

His brows furrowed, feeling them rip and hit the ground. He pulled her up higher on the wall, scrunching her dress up. He pulled her down right onto him so she could feel him ready, up against her. He moaned, feeling the anticipation growing. 

"Josh," she moaned softly, "Ohhhh." She needed to blink, and her eyes fluttered as their gaze met. She was letting him take the lead. 

He swallowed hard, positioning himself to slip right where it needed to be, holding her ass up just right. At the moan of his name, he let his grip loosen so she came right down on him as he pushed a thrust up against her too. One slip and he was deep inside.

She felt herself moan, her hands went to grip against his arms and her legs anchored around his waist. "Josh, honey, ohhhhh," she felt her toes curling under her in her heels. 

"Youuu, oh fuck." He got a good grab of her ass before thrusting again, then again, and again. He wasn't going to stop. "Samantha...."

She made a face because it felt so good every damn time. She let her hips work against his, so she was meeting his thrusts which began to grow frantic. She could feel it in her core already.

His eyes were glazed over with lust for her. He started to buck his hips at her, quicker and harder, making her back hit the wall hard enough to leave a mark."BABY... Oh my god." His breath came out in a rush.

"Josh," she sucked out a harsh breath, "Let it go for me baby.... I feel you." She moaned out as her head went back and hit the wall. 

"The fuuuuuuuuuuuck!" He slammed her into the wall, letting it all go as his face buried into her neck where he bit at her skin without realizing it. 

As soon as he let go and it was fast and hot, she couldn't even moan or scream as she too lost control. Only a whimper could escape her lips as he sent her over the edge. 

He moaned and thrusted until he just couldn't anymore, before pulling her close into his arms as he struggled to breathe. His vision was a little bit blurry and he couldn't hear straight.

She let her lips fall into the crook of his neck where she breathed and it was a combination of breaths and moans. Her eyes fluttered closed while her body came down from that hot shock to her system.

He waited a few more moments for his senses to come back, then reached up to touch her face, then he pushed her loose hair back behind her ear. 

When their eyes met again, a shy smile spread across her face, almost coy. She let out the lightest little giggle. This man made her feel deliciously naughty every single time. "Happy birthday baby," she whispered. "I think it's time for another drink."

He grinned, leaned up to place a soft kiss on her lips before he bent down and pulled her panties up on his finger. "You put these on and we can go back and get another drink Ms. Bentley."

She smirked, taking them from him and slipping them into the pocket of his pants. "Consider them your gift, Mr. Chasez." She stole one more kiss. "C'mon." She fixed her dress and licked her lips before walking out of the closet and down the hall back into the party nonchalantly. 

JC grinned, fixing his pants and shirt. He waited a long moment before he followed suit back into the party, hands all in his pockets, shoving her panties down deep in there. Now this was the kind of gift he could get behind all the time. 

***

JC was untucking and unpinning his suit , grinning thoughtfully as he thought about how just a few hours earlier, the pants had come undone hastily. The town car had just dropped them back off at the house and he was grateful for the quiet. He loved his friends, but he was getting a little bit over the crowd. 

"Can you unzip me baby?" Sam turned around in the closet, back facing him. She lifted her hair up a bit to reveal the top of the zipper. 

JC leaned down and pulled the zipper down, grinning softly at her stepping out of the dress. Her black bra made him smile, but her lack of panties made him grin. He reached into his pocket to grab the panties that had been left behind.

"My pleasure," he mumbled appreciatively, reaching to unclasp her bra with a low laugh.

Sam smirked. "Thanks Josh..." she stepped out of the dress and hung it back up, then changed into a black nightshirt. "I'll meet you in the den," she stepped over and kissed his cheek. He smiled softly, then closed his eyes. He loved her soft kisses just as much as the heated ones.

JC changed out of his suit into a pair of black sweatpants. He ran his hands through his hair, taking a minute before he shuffled downstairs into the den, where Sam was waiting for him on the couch with a soft smile. 

"Hi baby," she grinned, peeking up as he entered the room. She looked cozy on the couch up against the pillows.

He jumped onto the couch from the back, bringing her onto his lap. "God do I love you."

"Hey Josh?" she asked softly, snuggling into him. There was still a light aroma of his Gucci cologne, a smell she had grown so comfortable with.

"Hey Samantha?" he repeated back to her, smiling. He let his fingers play at her hair. 

"Can I ask you something? I hope you don't mind this but, whatever happened with you and Kat? I feel like I know this but I don't at the same time."

He made a face. He didn't like talking about this part of his history, but he was marrying this woman and he knew deep down she had the right to know. "Oh, Samantha. That part of my story is long over. But we met as *NSYNC was just taking off in the States. We were playing a radio gig at Radio City in New York. Kat had actually taken an internship at Rolling Stone magazine and she was part of the group that had done one of our first big interviews here. I just remember being infatuated when we first met. We ended up taking off pretty fast. She was Ashley's best friend at the time so it was kind of like a fate thing. She came on the road with us and everything as part of the Rolling Stone gig. I worked up the nerve to ask her out at the end of her week with us. We ended up dating for almost 3 years, right through the big No Strings days into Celebrity. Anyways, shit started getting weird. She was acting distant and different towards me. She got a job working for Baseball Tonight on ESPN. The bigger her name got, the more confident and hotter she acted. Fast Forward to a Challenge for the Children weekend... the VIP pre-party ended up with her leaving to have sex wtih a basketball player from the Phoenix Suns. She was caught by everyone. Turns out she had been sleeping with athletes left and right as she was rising in the ranks at ESPN. I trusted her too. All of the truth came out that day and it was ugly. The night after the game we had a blowout... and I told her I never wanted to see her ever again. Security escorted her out of the hotel and she was permanently placed on a list that security had to keep away from the band. Or at least until tonight."

Sam sighed. "Oh Josh. I'm so sorry. That's shitty."

"Oh it gets better," JC rolled his eyes, "I was naive. I was 22 and so in love. I had signed a big bank account over in both of our names, once we started making money after we ditched Lou, I wanted to support my girl, you know? It turns out she was taking money out of the account in huge sums without telling me... to pay for all sorts of things. She ended up stealing money for plastic surgery that I had no idea about. Now that makes me look like the selfish boyfriend, but you have to realize that two careers at the top of their game made it months before we'd see each other sometimes. But yes. I paid for those breasts." He laughed all short. "I never actually got to enjoy them."

She looked at him and couldn't help but laugh slightly. "I didn't know whether or not to be jealous of her body. She is beautiful. As a girl who has been bigger most of my adult life, women that look like her can give me moments of absolute inadequacy. The world never second guesses her beauty or adds a label before the description."

JC held his hand up to stop her. He was listening, but he needed to state his piece. "No, she thinks she's beautiful. A lot of people think she's sexy, and she definitely presents herself that way. At the end of the day, the beauty is superficial, made in a plastic surgeon's office with fillers, injections and silicone. And someone who is superficially beautiful doesn't always have a beautiful soul to match. In my eyes, she should never, ever make you feel jealous. Because what you have is beautiful, naturally absolutely gorgeous and I never want you going a day in your life without me making you feel that way. Okay?"

She smiled, resting her head on his chest. "Okay. I promise."

He played with her hair, looking down at her with love in his eyes. "Thank you again by the way for your part in tonight's party. I had a wonderful time, minus the surprise guests. It was everything I could have dreamed of and more. Honestly made me really excited for our wedding, when it happens."

She grinned softly, looking up at him. "It'll be amazing. And I'll tell you you're welcome a million times. You deserve everything, blue eyes. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me."

He grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. "Yeah? You care to show a little more appreciation tonight?"

She laughed so cute, poking at his side. "You mean the coat closet wasn't enough?"

He grinned, letting his hands grip at her thighs on his lap. "Mmmm, you know what I mean." He let his lips attack hers again, letting himself get lost in her all over again. 

Chapter End Notes:

A few more pieces to their past puzzle! We have now met Kat and know more about her! We will soon meet Samantha's major ex. :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj jc celebrity solojc