Author's Chapter Notes:

Every single moment will be faded into you

That's some type of love 

Charlie Puth - Some Type of Love

Three weeks had passed.  *NSYNC hadn't had the month of August off in years, and JC took every moment of freedom to spend time with Samantha, enjoying their home, taking day trips, recording music just for the enjoyment of being inspired... and to work out.

 

Late one evening when JC was confident Samantha was fast asleep, he slipped out of bed and went down to the living room. He pulled open Google and searched up a Julian on the Patriots. He was confident he knew who she was talking about based on the clues he had been given, but once the search results revealed Julian Edelman, he knew it for sure. He spent an hour studying photos and videos of him, trying to sort out every emotion he felt. Jealousy at looking at his body in top physical peak performance. Anger at knowing he took away a piece of the woman he loved that she would never get back. Interest and intrigue at knowing the physical routines he completed, wanting results of his own. He let himself fall down the rabbit hole for a few solid hours before shaking himself out of it and returning to bed, but not before making his mind up that he'd be back in the gym with a vengeance. 

 

And for three solid weeks, he was. His normal gym routine doubled, spending extra time not only on cardio but on extra weight training. He brought Samantha into the gym with him for extra motivation, watching her run on the elliptical was the perfect distraction to the extra weight he was pressing. He could already see the results in the mirror and knew that he was feeling and looking his best, leading him to a deep sense of pride. Not to mention, the little extra cardio he looked forward to the most often ended with things getting heated in the guest-room-turned-gym.

 

September brought new challenges. The trip that was initially scheduled for the end of the month was bumped up to the beginning. Johnny had called a group meeting, saying that the market in Asia was hot and Japan needed the album earlier to keep up with the demand. Two weeks would be spent traveling between Japan and South Korea to promote the album and do performances for the fans.While everyone in the group was excited about the prospect of traveling again, especially to a part of the world they hadn't been since the No Strings Attached days, there was a little sense of dread, especially between Justin and JC. Justin had spent delicate time winning the love of Ashley back, finally opening up her heart again. And JC, well JC had enjoyed relishing in the time of just being Josh again and feeling rejuvenated. 

 

The morning the band was to leave for Tokyo JC had a pickup time of 5AM. The SUV was going to be picking up Justin followed by JC. The second car was holding Lance, Joey and Chris.  It was still dark outside, just after 4AM when Samantha was in the kitchen, making a fresh pot of coffee for him. She was wearing his PJ pants tied on her waist and a cropped black t-shirt, yawning as the coffee was brewing. Her eyes were sleepy. The house was already quiet with him just upstairs in the shower and she didn't like it. She shuffled over to the fridge to grab the cream and sighed softly. JC had kept her up for most of the night, wanting to get in as many rounds as he could, enough to tide her over for the two weeks he'd be gone. She laughed softly as she opened the carton for the cream, still feeling the stretch and pull as she moved. There was nothing sexier than knowing how badly JC wanted her, and he had certainly left his mark on her.

 

A few moments later, as he usually did, JC came noisily down the stairs, his hair damp from his shower, wearing jeans and a black tank top with a mixtape on it, and on his back was his backpack. He smiled, seeing her there in the kitchen. "You didn't need to get up baby, but I love that you did."

 

Sam smiled, smelling the familiar scent of his shampoo and body wash. He was clean smelling and something about it always drove her crazy. "You really think I was going to let you leave without being awake?" She poured both of their cups of coffee, putting his in a thermos the way he liked it. "Long gone are the days where you need to get ready for touring all alone."

 

"Ugh wifey feels," he grunted, pulling her into his body. "I fucking love this shit so much." His arms went tight around her and he buried his face in her neck. He needed a moment to breathe her in, let it burn into his memory. 

 

She smiled, leaning into him, taking in her favorite body wash and shampoo a little bit closer. "Always gonna be your wifey, baby," she grinned on his skin.

 

He smiled up against her neck before placing the cutest little kisses along the skin. "Mmm, you already are to me..." He made his way to her lips and brushed his lips against hers. She was so intoxicating to him and he just wanted more. He had absolutely no idea how he was going to survive two full weeks without her. 

 

She smiled, kissing him softly. "I love you Josh."

 

"Mmmm," He nodded all cute and kissed and talked at the same time. "I love you... like really love you..."

 

Her giggle was soft and still sleepy. "Mmmm. I know." She grinned while he kissed and talked on her lips. "You need to leave. Before I can't let you go baby." 

 

He grunted. "I just want five more minutes with you." He reached up to cup her face and smiled against her lips. "I just love you mama..."

 

She sighed, leaning into his hands on her face. "We've done this before. We can do this again. And this one is just two weeks. We've done longer."

 

He made a face. "We've done longer before because we didn't know better. I haven't been apart from you for an entire month! Who is gonna keep me on my toes and love me down when I'm stressed at the end of the day?"

 

She smirked, "Joshua Scott Chasez." 

 

"Whaaat?" He laughed, shaking his head playfully. "I'm just sayin'."

 

"I wish I could come along, my sweet babe. I've got a couple of shoots in Malibu and I need to go back to New York too." her voice was soft.

 

"I know, baby. It would have been fighting hard to get you access to come along anyway. This specific trip is crazy. And I'm happy to get it over with so I can come home and never have to worry about being gone that long again. I swear it."

 

"Mmm, as soon as you get home we're gonna go look for a venue," she grinned cute, "gonna make you a Missssster!"

 

"Mmm, I'm already a Mr." He chuckled, "Gotta make you my Mrs. That's more like it!" He kissed her nose. "You start before me. Make a list of what you want. Narrow it down to your top three and then I'll go with you and we can decide and pick from there?"

 

"Perfect." She couldn't help but but let her hand creep up his shirt, playing with the tops of his abs that were returning in perfect form. "Don't forget that I want pictures when you're gone..."

 

He smirked, pulling her hand from his shirt before kissing her fingers. "You know just what you were doing Ms. Bentley. Makin' me crazy." He sighed softly, smiling on her fingers near his lips. "I can do that. If you don't forget to return the favor for me, baby."

 

"Mmm, always," she grins. "In the gym, in the bathroom, getting ready in the morning... they're all yours. I promise you'll look down and have plenty." She brought her head up to his once more and kissed him gently. 

 

"Mmmmmmmhmm." He kissed all over her face, reaching down for one more healthy squeeze of her ass. "Surprise me. I don't care what time of day."

 

She squealed so cute when he grabbed at her ass. "I can send that too. I've got my squat workouts lined up for two solid weeks when you're gone."

 

"Just be ready when I get home for you... because two weeks is honestly an eternity of not having sex with the way we've been lately."

 

"Ugh. I'm gonna need you really bad." She laughed softly. "I'll be ready. Promise." She rubbed on both of his arms, smiling. "I love you. You need to leave before you're late for Johnny's call time and miss the flight and it'll all be my fault."

 

He closed his eyes, hearing her words and thinking back on the past few days, even weeks. He wrapped his arms around her once more and put his lips against her face. "We won't leave the house for another few days baby, I promise. Mmm. I love you. I love you, I love you." 

 

She grinned cutely, closing her eyes. "I love you most." She leaned into his hug, letting his familiar warmth envelope her.

 

"I'll argue with you another time," he grinned, nudging his face against hers. "Will you walk me down the driveway to wait for the van?"

 

"Anytime," she said softly, brushing her lips against his cheek. "Lead the way, handsome."

 

JC pulled his arms out from around her and let out a soft sigh. He took his coffee mug and slipped it into the sleeve on the side of his backpack.  He shuffled his feet toward the bottom of the stairs where his 2 large suitcases were waiting for him. "If I take one and you take one, I can still hold your hand." He grinned.

 

"Always strategizing," she laughed, following him over to the suitcases. She tilted one before wheeling it next to him to the foyer, then out into the driveway. Traveling wasn't something unfamiliar to her, but something about this trip of his hit differently. When she was single, the prospect of packing a suitcase was exciting, an opportunity to see a new place and make new memories. But now that she had a taste of what it felt like to have a home, a true, rock-steady home, it felt strange to see him go. She knew that he had felt the same-- before they had fallen asleep earlier that morning, they had discussed this very topic and the shift in feelings.

 

"Always," he replied with a smile. He took the suitcase out of her hands and lifted her up by the ass into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her with a playful smile. "My girl." 

 

She giggled, wrapping her legs and arms tightly around his body, bringing her forehead against his. "You've been tossing me around lately, Mr. Chasez." 

 

"Do you blame me? Look at you," he grinned, leaning in to capture her lips in a soft kiss. "You're stunning." 

 

She smiled on his lips, taking a moment to love on them before she replied. "And you're handsome as hell. You know how I feel about you," she giggled, "Those arms though."

 

JC grinned with pride. "All for you, babydoll." 

 

A black Suburban with tinted windows pulled into the driveway and JC let out a harsh sigh. Sam smiled slightly, leaning in for one more kiss. "You're gonna be amazing. The fans in Tokyo are going to love you and I'll be waiting for you in our home. Whenever you need me, call and I'll be there to give you all the love you need." 

 

He placed her down on the ground then hugged her to his body once again. "Same though. If you're lonely or something doesn't feel right. I am so protective of you. I hate that I can't fix it in person."

 

She laughed softly, nuzzling her face against his. "I can handle myself, Josh. I promise. It's two weeks. I'll call you if something is wrong, my assistant and team can come too if it's really an emergency. I want my sexy boyband fiance to enjoy himself ok? This is honestly a special trip."

 

He growled playfully, leaning in for one more kiss. "Okay, okay, okay. I'll stop."

 

She smiled, sleepily returning his kiss. "Safe travels. Call me when you get to Tokyo and have the most amazing time. I love you always, Joshua Scott."

 

He grinned, squeezing her a bit, wanting to take her warmth with him. "I love you most, Samantha Bentley."

 

He pulled away from her, giving their hands a squeeze as Johnny knocked on the window. He chuckled. "I guess that's my cue."

 

She nodded, nodding her head toward the car. "Let me help roll those suitcases in, Josh." She walked alongside him to the trunk and watched as he loaded both suitcases into the back of the SUV.  She placed one more soft kiss on his lips before nearly pushing him into the waiting car. He smiled as he climbed in, pulling her gently onto his lap in the car, leaving her with one long lip-locked kiss. He smiled and hummed as he pulled back and watched her lean back out of the car. 

 

"Be amazing, Josh. Love you..." she sucked in a little breath and closed the door to the SUV. JC put his hand on the window on the inside, and she stuck hers over on the other side of the window. She blew him a kiss with her free hand before she began to back away from the car, letting it back out of the driveway. 

 

Moments later, the lights from the SUV were gone and only the dim lighting outside of the garage illuminated her way. She walked inside quietly and carried her coffee cup up into their bedroom, where she sipped the warm beverage in the what felt much-too-big bed. 

 

***

 

JC sat at the airport, sitting at the gate between Justin and Lance. Their flight for Tokyo was due to leave in another half hour and boarding was going to begin in just a few moments. His foot tapped nervously as he looked all around him. People watching in an airport was one of his favorite things to do, a hobby he had begun in the earliest days of *NSYNC. He loved to make up stories behind the people he saw. It helped to keep him distracted from the busyness of travel. 

 

Justin looked over and he grinned. "What are those two doing?" He knew JC's favorite game to play and often would chime in on his own guesses. 

 

JC smirked. "Hmm. That flight is going to Sydney. Look at the way he's looking at her. He's got those love eyes. He's taking her to Australia on a romantic vacation. On their 3rd night in Sydney he's going to propose at the Opera House." 

 

Justin chuckled. "Look at you with all these romantic scenarios. That other couple next to them is celebrating a big anniversary. But she doesn't know that he's been banging his younger secretary."

 

JC let out a hearty laugh. "Of course you'd say that." 

 

Justin looked over at JC with a smile. "I haven't seen you this genuinely happy in a long time, C. I'm over the moon for you,ya know. And I feel you about this trip coming at a difficult time."

 

JC's smile was genuine and he gave Justin a friendly pat on the shoulder. "I never thought I'd be able to find a woman I'd actually want to settle down with, someone I could hand everything over to and just be totally okay with it. But like... bam. It just happened and I stopped fighting my head and then I never wanted anything more." 

 

Justin's grin was big. He loved seeing his best friend this way. "Yessss. And now you're all husband-y shit and it's amazing. I'm gonna start calling you Mr. Bentley." He laughed all low. 

 

"I'd be fine with it. Because have you seen my wifey? She's gonna have my name. Fuck." He laughed as well. "Justin, I'm telling you this because you understand. I'm gonna die in the next 2 weeks without her sex."

 

Justin chuckled. "Thank god you have your own room. Cause I don't even wanna know..."

 

JC smirked. "I may have gotten it in like 4 times last night. Like I couldn't get enough." 

 

"Atta boy," Justin gave him a fist bump and they both laughed as they stood up when the first class boarding group was called. They boarded the plane and the Asian adventure was officially underway. 

 

***

 

Fifteen hours later, five very tired friends were heading to their hotel rooms at the Shangri-La hotel downtown.

 

Melinda stopped in front of JC's door, smiling as she handed him his room keys along with a black folder. "You gonna be good to go? Tomorrow morning's call time is 9:00AM. We have some TV shows to get to in the morning, then a soundcheck for an in-store performance at the Virgin Megastore here. Everything is in the folder for tomorrow."

 

He offered her a sleepy smile. "I appreciate it. I'll be ready. Get some rest, Chicken. I'll see you in the morning." 

 

He swiped his room key and pulled his suitcases inside the room. It was a sleek and modern room with a dark wooden headboard, small oblong desk and small couch. The floor to ceiling windows revealed the bright city beneath him. Next to the bed was a retractable window leading to a large soaker tub just before the bathroom with a giant glass walk-in shower. He smirked, taking everything in. The sight of a good bathtub always made him smirk now, knowing his track record with Samantha.

 

He sucked in a little sigh and put his suitcases down on the rack. He removed his shoes and sweatshirt and shuffled his feet over to the couch where he plopped down, pulling out his cell phone. He made a face. Tokyo was 17 hours ahead of LA time. It was 7PM, so it was going to only be 2AM in LA. She had said to call him when he arrived... so he was calling her. 

 

He dialed her number, smiling softly as her picture popped up on his screen. It rang a few times and he smiled as he heard her pick up.

 

"Hi baby," her voice was soft and sleepy. Oh he missed her.

 

"Samantha!" He was smiling and it was evident in his voice. "I'm sorry I'm calling you so late. I just wanted you to know that I made it. I'm at my hotel." 

 

"How was your flight?" She tried to hide her yawn but he could hear it.

 

"Long. 12 hours. I slept for a lot of it since we didn't the night before. Then I watched a couple of movies and ate. Overall it was fine. Today is almost over here," he laughed softly, "Like I'm probably going to bed in a little bit to be ready for tomorrow's call time." 

 

"I'm glad it was quiet," she said thoughtfully, "It rained here after you guys took off. I was worried about the weather. But it sounds like everything went well."

 

"What did you do yesterday?" He knew it was late for her but he needed to hear her voice. 

 

"I cleaned the house, went to Whole Foods, stocked up on some things for myself, then Ashley came over and we drank a bottle of cheap ass red wine that you'd kill me for buying," she giggled, "And we started sketching out my dress."

 

"Your dresssssss?" His voice was full of excitement, and for a split second he almost forgot how tired he was. 

 

"My dressssss." She repeated, laughing softly. "It's going to be something else.  I mean right now it's a sketch. But I think it's everything I want. We're going to play with some styles too but I think I have my dream."

"Wait wait wait," he laughed, "Before or after the bottle of cheap ass red wine?"

 

"Before," she laughed softly. "We talked and she sketched and then we had dinner and drank the bottle reminiscing about our time in New York together. We may have also gossiped about our favorite boy band."

 

"Oh juicy! I hope you told her you wanted to jump on my dick again. That made my day at Justin's." He grinned, thinking about it. 

 

"Oh she heard all about our marathon the night before. Don't worry. She knows what's up Josh."

 

"Ohhh yeah," he laughed. "Hey Samantha? I'll let you go. But I just wanted you to know how much I loved you and I already miss you."

 

"I love you to the moon, Joshua Scott. All the way from LA to Tokyo." Her voice was soft and he knew she was struggling to stay awake just for him.

 

"Sweet dreams, babydoll. I'll call you later." 

 

"Mmmk. Bye baby. I love you." Samantha hung up the phone and JC let out a sigh. He looked over at the dim light coming out of the bathroom and he grinned. He had one more stop to make before he could get ready for bed. 

 

He walked over to the bathroom, stripping down out of his jeans and tank top. He tossed them in a pile on the floor, knowing he'd gather them up later to go in his laundry bag. He put his phone on the counter and stared at himself in the mirror for a long moment. He had a moment of self-admiration, checking out the definition in his arms and chest and taking a moment to admire the top two abs that were coming back in. He felt strong as he puffed his chest out. 

 

"Mmm, a little something to surprise you in the morning, future Mrs. Chasez," he grinned, slipping his briefs off. 

 

He backed up slightly, taking a look at himself in the mirror. Of course, looking at himself naked wasn't nearly as fun as the flash of initial surprise and then lusty excitement in the eyes of his woman, but for now this would have to do. He leaned forward and grabbed his phone off the counter. He angled himself so his torso was clear in the mirror and his free hand went down to cover himself from being fully exposed. "There," he mumbled, making a stern and serious face in the mirror as he snapped the perfect mirror photo. He sent it off to Samantha with a low laugh before starting up the shower to quickly get ready for bed.

 

Distance sucked, but he knew what he had to do to make it a little more tolerable. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Anyone else want to be on the receiving end of that picture? ;)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj jc celebrity solojc