Author's Chapter Notes:

truth is, i was never the one to ever act right

then you came along and changed my life girl

q amey - forever girl 

It was November 24th and late fall had descended on New York City. The smell of winter approaching was in the air, with street vendors switching to warm chestnuts and cocoa in lieu of their hot dogs and water bottles. Fifth Avenue began to decorate for Christmas, with snowflakes and white lights adorning the buildings.

 

JC glanced out the window of the SUV that was bringing them from JFK into Manhattan. He grinned, bouncing in his seat as the sights whipped by the windows. He had never been quite this excited to be landing in New York City.

 

The last two weeks were a whirlwind to him. After his conversation with Samantha about the pictures at the club, he vowed he wasn’t going to disappoint her again. He hunkered down at home, focusing on working out and writing music in his free time. Whenever he had time at night, he made sure to call or Skype with Samantha, telling her about his day and hearing what she had to say about what *NSYNC was up to. He found he welcomed her female perspective and loved to ask her what she thought. It was the calm in his chaos.

 

Justin looked at JC and he grinned. They always shared a row in the *NSYNC SUV. He had never seen JC quite this bouncy. 

“I don’t think that the Founder’s Gala is quite what you’re so excited for,” Justin grinned.

 

JC looked up at Justin, broken from his New York in the Winter induced trance. “Wha?” he grinned back, letting Justin’s light curls and smirky face come into focus. “No, I’m not. I mean yes I am. Our new song is going to be debuted during the gala tonight, so that’s exciting. But. I just...” he let out a long sigh. “It’s been almost a month. I’m anxious to see Samantha again.”


Justin licked his lips. “You know, I’ve been working on the Ashley front on my own. No need to keep on chatting with her.”

JC narrowed his eyes. “For your information we have never once even spoken of you or Ashley. All of our conversations have been about life and what’s been going on.”

Justin grinned. “You like her.”

 

JC grunted. “I do… I think I do. Maybe I like her because she’s not right there, ya know? I like the fact that I can pick up the phone and talk to her but then she’s not there. It’s like the best of both worlds.”


Justin raised an eyebrow. He wasn’t used to having conversations about women in a non-bedroom sense with JC in the recent past. “Well if you were able to have her around more, how do you think you’d feel?”


JC shrugged slightly. “I’m still figuring that out. We have a week in New York. I’m hoping to figure that out by the end of this week. The label is hoping to have her come to LA for the music video shoot in a few weeks too. That might be able to bring her to me in California. See how it feels there.” 

 

Justin smiled. “This is probably the most rational thing I’ve ever heard you say about a relationship in years. I’m impressed with whatever work she did. Did you hook up with her on Halloween?” He chuckled. 

 

JC rolled his eyes. “I’ll have you know that absolutely nothing has happened between us. Thank you.” 

 

Justin grinned. “Until tonight.”

 

JC laughed all low, hitting Justin’s arm. “You said it, not me bro.”


***

The sun had just set and the lights were twinkling all around the Mandarin Oriental. The ballroom, overlooking Columbus Circle and Central Park was decked in blacks and whites for the Founders Gala and Masquerade Auction for the Children’s Hospital. The five members of *NSYNC were doing a private performance as a favor to the members of the board, supporters of Challenge for the Children each year. 


JC adjusted the black tie of his tux before looking down at his phone. He had left Samantha an invite to the gala that she had informally accepted over Skype, and earlier in the day she had said she was getting ready for the dinner at her place.


He checked himself out in the mirror and grinned. He felt like he was well dressed and ready to impress this woman who had been on his mind for weeks... and maybe the band had a few little surprises up their sleeves as well.

 

He walked over to his laptop and opened up his camera app. He grabbed at his tie with a cute little smirk and hit the self timer button. Click! The camera took his picture and he grinned, sending it by picture email to Samantha’s phone with the caption, waiting for you, beautiful.


He licked his lips and put on some Gucci cologne as he messed with his hair. He was more than ready for this night to begin. 


Justin knocked on his door and JC headed to the hallway with Justin, where the two friends excitedly talked about their new performance on the elevator ride down to the ballroom level. 


***


The lights were dimmed in the ballroom, allowing for the lights of New York to shine in through the floor to ceiling windows. The elite of New York once again mulled around the ballroom, sipping champagne and networking. It was another who’s who of New York.

 

JC took a sip of his champagne, talking with Justin and a major donor of the Challenge for the Children events.

 

“I think next summer’s event should be in California,” Mr. Kramer said, nodding at Justin’s enthusiasm. 

 

JC nodded absentmindedly, his eyes fixated on the main doors. A black and white balloon arch adorned the doorway, welcoming the guests to the room. The room was filled with beautiful people but not the one he was looking for. 

 

A smile spread across his face as a tall, curvy figure with a long black dress and a faux fur wrap walked into the room confidently. She stopped to greet some people, leaving light kisses on cheeks and big smiles and hugs. Samantha had arrived, and she was bringing the looks tonight. 

 

“Fuck,” he mumbled, looking down at his tie and fixing it slightly. She was looking amazing and he almost didn’t know what to do with himself.

 

“And how do you feel about that plan, JC?” Mr. Kramer asked, looking to JC for his approval.

 

JC nodded. “Sure, sounds good to me. If you’ll excuse me gentleman...” his voice drifted off and he weaved his way through the black and white dressed crowd before finding his intended target.

 

“Josh.” Samantha’s face broke out into a brilliant smile, her red lipstick only accentuating the joy radiating from her face. 

 

“Samantha. Wow. You look… stunning,” JC replied, taking her hand and spinning her around. “Like breathtaking.”

 

She laughed lightly as she twirled around with his guidance. “Thanks sweetheart. I love to get dressed up for events like these. And look at you with that tuxedo. Though I had a little sneak peek earlier. You’re getting to love taking pictures and sending them along to me,” she grinned, her voice with a hint of teasing. 


“Consider it a sneak peek,” he laughed, wrapping his arms around her for a hug. She smelled like a perfume he recognized… Honey by Marc Jacobs if he was correct. It was light and sweet and non-overpowering. 


She wrapped her arms around his as well, returning his tight hug with a smile. “I’ll spare your cheek the red lips. Don’t want to leave a mark on you tonight,” she giggled. 


He pulled away and smiled, looking down into her eyes. He could feel the same wave of… he wasn’t sure exactly what it was, electricity maybe… he felt the night they met. It was back and arguably stronger than ever. 


“No marks yet,” he smiled, taking her hand as he led her across the floor to where Justin was still talking with Mr. Kramer. 

 

“Gentlemen,” he smiled, looking up at Justin. “Sorry for the interruption, I’d like you both to meet Ms. Samantha Bentley. Samantha, you’ve met Justin. And this is Mr. Michael Kramer, one of the members of the Board of Trustees of the hospital. He is a partner with our charity basketball game every summer.” 

 

Mr. Kramer and Justin both nodded, and Mr. Kramer excused himself from the conversation to get another drink from the bar.

 

Justin smirked. “Hi again Samantha. Is your other half coming to the party tonight? The angel of darkness?”

 

Sam laughed and gave Justin a quick hug. “She’s on her way. She was tied up with something else so she said she’d be a little bit later than me.”

 

“Glad to hear it. Well you look stunning tonight. I’ll leave you and JC alone, I’m sure you both have a lot to catch up on.”

 

JC smiled brightly, welcoming the alone time with her. “Can I get you a drink from the bar? They’re walking around with champagne if that’s more your speed tonight.”

 

“A glass of Malbec would be wonderful, or any other red blend if they don’t have it,” she replied, leaving her arm casually draped inside of his. Something felt very normal and right about being on his arm, and she wasn’t making any moves to leave the way they were.

 

He continued to look down at her with his soft smile. “You can walk to the bar with me if you’d like, or I can bring it back to you.”

 

“I’ll come with you. Then we can find our table,” she replied, leaving her arms linked in his. 

 

He led her to the bar, smiling down at her as she held onto him. Normally it irked him at an event when a woman was holding onto his arm in that way, but she just fit right and he felt proud that she was holding onto him. 


“Malbec and a Gin and Tonic please,” he asked the bartender, all while looking down at Samantha. “You’re beautiful.”

 

She smiled softly, biting at her lip slightly. “Oh hush, It’s the makeup and the outfit.”

 

“No, it’s all of you. I think I’ve realized over the last few weeks that you’re kind of special. And I’m not sorry for how lame that sounds.” he grinned.

 

“It’s super sweet,” she said, smiling up at him. “I appreciate that.”

 

He handed her the Malbec and he took his Gin and Tonic and they headed over to the table where JC pulled her chair out for her.


***


The party went on and the *NSYNC table was full of light conversation and great food.

 

Samantha was walking back from the bathroom with Ashley to find the table empty except for the two of them. 

 

“Where did they go?” she looked at Ashley, who shrugged in return.

 

“Ladies and gentleman, please take your seats. Our evening’s entertainment is beginning in a moment.” the DJ announced, as the lights dimmed.

 

“Ohhhh boy,” Ashley grinned, rubbing her hands together as she sat down next to Samantha. “We’re fucked.”

 

Sam laughed. “What!”

 

“Oh Samantha, you have no idea. You’ve never been to an *NSYNC performance before have you… grab that wine girl. You’re gonna need it.” Ashley’s voice was teasing but Sam could sense the anticipation in her voice. 

 

“New York City,” Justin’s voice began, “We are *NSYNC. Welcome to the Founder’s Gala. We’re here to entertain you tonight. We have a couple new songs we want to share with you.”

 

An uptempo R&B beat began as the five members of *NSYNC appeared on the stage wearing headsets. Five stools sat on the stage as well, and they all took their places on a stool. 

 

A perfect five part harmony took over as the guys began, “You and me supposed to be together girl, forever girl, I think it’s clear to see we were meant to be together girl, together forever girl.”

 

Justin took over, “I made a wish upon a star to see the picture in my heart, and there you were. They say you know it’s true love if it comes from up above and like an angel you flew down…” 

 

JC looked at Justin and grinned before he took over, “Truth is, I was never the one to act right, until you came along and changed my life girl…” He looked out into the crowd and saw Samantha, locking eyes with her for a long moment. 

 

Time seemed to stop in her seat. Here he was, in charge, singing his heart out, but looking at only her. She offered him a smile from over her red wine glass, feeling her heart start to pound. 

 

JC continued to wail, “I believe it was destiny that brought you to me, I’m mesmerized by the way that you keep loving me, oh baby… you and me supposed to be together girl, forever girl. I think it’s clear to see we were meant to be together girl, together, forever girl…”

 

Sam took another long sip of her wine, watching him sing his heart out and interact with his bandmates. Oh did she get it… she understood why millions of girls around the world were in love with this band. She looked over at her friend who was giving Justin heart eyes, and she smiled for her then sighed softly. All of this HAD to be Justin winning Ashley back… she just knew it. 

 

The lights came up ever so slightly as the five members of *NSYNC got up off the stage and walked onto the event floor. A low hum of bass took over as another new, unfamiliar song began to play. JC stopped in front of the table looking down at Samantha, hands in his pockets. He offered her a tiny smile as he pulled one hand out. “Samantha, I need to borrow you for a dance to continue. Please?”


Samantha leaned up and took his hand, allowing him to guide her up onto the floor with him. She had absolutely no idea what was happening, but one quick glance behind her revealed Justin taking nearly identical steps with Ashley. She turned her attention back to JC with a soft smile. 

 

JC began walking backwards, guiding her in a slow and sure fashion as he began to sing when the melody took over, “I just wanna take my time… my time… my time with you…” 

 

*NSYNC harmonized a low oooh underneath the vocals of Justin and JC. Sam felt chills up and down her entire spine. 

 

With a slow and steady movement, one of JC’s hands slid around her body slowly, while his other hand locked fingers with her hand. He took a step closer, feeling a shiver in his body as the music picked up in intensity. The proximity of her body to his was all kinds of distracting, but he knew he had a job to do. This song was hers… for her, and he wanted it to be just right. 

 

He began to sing, his eyes locked on hers, “We’re here alone while the thunder is rolling and the windows are blowing cause it’s storming and pouring tonight. I put my hand on your chest, I can feel your heart and it’s beating kinda fast, so is mine. In this moment of silence, you look me in the eyes, nothing’s verbalized but so much is said. I need you so much, the more I'm away from you, the more of you I want…”

 

Sam closed her eyes and swallowed hard, opening her eyes again to meet the intent gaze of JC. The rest of the group began to sing but everything slowed down to a blur as she stared into his eyes.

 

I want to hold you until I can feel again

Until your soul lets me in

Tell me that you wanna make love

Tell me that you wanna really make love

Baby I’m a man that believes in what it is

 

JC’s hand slid up into her hair where he played at her blonde curls, as his lips made their way down to her jawline. He felt her body moving in time with his, hips slowly beginning to make passes at each other. 

 

Sam’s eyes fluttered closed at his lips on her face with a soft sigh as she moved her arms to wrap around his neck, her hips swaying with his in perfect time with the rhythm of the bass. 

 

Justin’s voice took over, allowing JC to only harmonize as he needed to, his thumb stroked across the back of her neck under her hairline, pulling away only so slightly to allow himself to look into her crystal blue eyes that had fluttered open again. He sucked in a light breath, having an overwhelming feeling of need, desire, want for this woman in front of him. His heart began to race and he knew his eyes were giving him away. 

 

We’re going to a whole ‘nother level

When we do it, it’s so true

It’s so much more than sexual tonight

When we’re connected, every touch, every kiss is perfected it’s like

When we finally find what we’ve been looking for

It gets better and better in time 

This is deeper than love

The more of you I have the more of you I want...

 

Samantha sucked in a breath of her own, feeling so caught off guard. The room felt warm suddenly and the way his blue eyes looked down at her felt overwhelming. She didn’t even notice the cameras that had descended in the room, recording this performance. 

 

Woman and man fight so hard

And the two become one 

We work out our problems

And we fix it whenever we get body to body, body to body

 

JC brought his hand up to her face, as he began to speak along with the words, “When you’re so wet and I’m so hard, when the two become one it’s like oh my god, and we’re feeling like our spirit wanna leave our body, leave our body…”


Samantha felt her lips part as she sucked in another light breath, feeling a tingle go down her entire body. Subconsciously as they moved together she felt her legs squeeze together.

 

The music faded out and JC stopped dancing, bringing her hand into his. He slowly brought it up to his chest, over his heart. He had never, ever felt it beating so hard and he hoped she would feel the same. As her fingers rested over his heart, she could feel it about ready to come tearing through his shirt. Gradually, his lips turned up into a smile against her cheek as he breathed slowly, dragging his lips with a slow ease against her face until they reached her lips where they landed in a perfect lock. 

 

Sam tilted her head to greet his kiss, making their lips meet while her other hand slid up along his prominent jawline where it rests. She felt her heart begin to flutter and slowly from the top of her head to the tips of her toes an electricity spread throughout her entire body, an electricity she hadn’t felt in ages. 

 

JC made a low noise that only she could hear against her lips, pulling her in closer to his body and stealing a few long kisses from her lips before opening and closing his lips on hers once more. Moving with a slow deliberate speed he wasn’t even sure he possessed, he pulled away from her lips, breaking the kiss to breathe and let a slow and lazy smile take over. “Ohhh,” he said. 

 

Samantha’s smile matched his before her eyes fluttered closed again and her lips danced against his for one more soft little kiss. The music had stopped completely and the buzz of the party began again. She wasn’t sure what had just happened between the two of them, but all she knew was there was a chemistry that she just couldn’t deny anymore. 

 

JC’s lips brushed against her temple where they rested as he whispered, “I’ve been waiting to do that to you all day.”

 

Samantha laughed softly, letting her eyes stay closed as she reveled in the tingling feeling that was lingering. “That was some hello,” she mumbled. Her hand slid up his tuxedo jacket, straightening the jacket and fixing his tie. 

 

“I planned it that way,” he grinned, “You might have told me no otherwise.” His fingers played at her hair, adjusting the gentle blonde curls back to their perfect form. 

 

Sam giggled softly, almost on a whisper as he played with her hair. “I guess I’ll take that not-so-gentle persuasion.” 

 

JC rested his lips on her forehead, bringing her into his body for one more embrace. “I need to go take care of a few things with the guys around that performance. I promise I won’t leave you alone too long. Wait for me at the table?”

 

Samantha nodded, leaning into his embrace. “Promise. Don’t take too long.”

 

He smiled, brushing his lips against her forehead one last time. He broke away from her and walked away slowly, feeling his body come alive. He cursed the group for the moment, not wanting to leave her alone after what had just happened. Every moment of that performance, although it was a performance, and it was to be part of their music video… it was real. It was raw. It was… well, he wanted more. 

 

Ashley came up behind Samantha, touching at her lips in a daze as well. “Samantha, what the hell just happened?” 

 

Sam laughed softly. “I don’t know who that man was that took me out onto the dance floor but holy shit.” She shook her head. 

 

Ashley grinned. “Now THAT was the Joshua I knew. He honestly was such an amazing guy back when and whatever just happened in that song brought him back to life.”

 

Sam smirked. “Yeah, well whatever happened in that song brought something else back to life,” she laughed softly, “I haven’t felt that in awhile.”

 

Ashley smirked so hard, giggling. “Yeah, tell me about it.”

 

A few minutes later, Sam and Ashley had returned to the table where they were sipping on another glass of wine. 

 

JC approached the table with a little grin. “Ladies. Ashley. Samantha.” 

 

“Hey Josh,” Sam smiled, bringing her glass up to her lips for another sip. 

 

“May I have this dance?” he asked, holding his hand out again. 

 

“Of course,” she replied, taking his hand. He led her out onto the floor where the music had shifted to big band style, and “I’m in the Mood for Love” was playing. He spun her around on the floor, letting their bodies move to the slow jazzy beat. 

 

Sam laughed softly, letting him lead her on the floor while their feat went to town. She loved this style of music and dancing, and something about being with JC felt freeing. She took a moment to stop and admire him, gazing into his blue eyes. 

 

“I could dance to this for days,” he smiled, moving his body in time with hers. He looked down into her eyes and paused, “You’re glowing. Radiant.”

 

She blushed, then grinned, giving him a coy little look that he had grown to love so much. “It’s the bronzer. A new one. Givenchy.”

 

JC was all smiles as his eyes twinkled, taking the time to really look at her well. 

 

She giggled softly, “You’re glowing too. But it could be the Gin and Tonics.”

 

JC grinned. “It’s not the bronzer. It’s all you.” He reached up and let his fingertips barely graze her cheeks. 

 

Sam let her arms loosely wrap around his neck as they began to sway to the song. “Thanks for a lovely evening, Josh.” 

 

He grinned softly. “Anytime. But I should have thought twice before inviting you. How did I not know that dinner with you was going to be a silent auction item?”

 

She giggled. “Sorry you lost the date.”

 

JC smirked. “Two things. First, I didn’t need to bid on a dinner date with you. Secondly, I may have gone over to the table and contemplated continuing but I also didn’t want you to think I was crazy.”

 

“It’s all in fun and for a good cause. I’ll be out with a fashion blogger. Not sure he’s interested in me romantically. You on the other hand…” she giggled.

 

He scoffed cutely. “In the moment I wasn’t thinking about charity. And very funny little lady.” He paused and smirked, “I just wanted to win a dinner date with you. But then I figured I’d just ask you out myself.” He pushed on her back to press up against him a little bit more. 

 

Sam laughed softly as she felt his hands press against her back and slide down. Her hips moved in an easy rhythm against his. It was very sensual the way they fit together. She was taking notice of all of these little things. When their hips made a pass against the others, she resisted the urge to bite her lip, but instead offered him a coy grin. “I’ll just wait for you to do that then.”

 

JC stopped moving as he looked down at her. “Please go on a date with me, Samantha Bentley. I promise I’ll make it fun.”

 

She grinned. “Well in that case, if you’re going to make it fun, I guess you could just twist my arm a little bit more, Josh Chasez.”

 

“I’ve already got a date in mind for you.” He inched his face closer to hers as he laughed real low. 

 

She grinned cute when his face got nice and close to hers, leaving just enough space between them.

 

 “I’m sure it’ll be a wonderful time.” Her hand slid up to touch his face, resting along his jawline. 

 

JC smiled and inched even closer to her lips so his were barely brushing hers as he spoke against them, “It involves football. You and me. Junk food.”

 

Sam smiled against his lips, watching his eyes flutter closed, “I like football… I like food.” 

 

She let her arms slide around him again. The music of the party seemed to fade to a dull and slow background afterthought. 

 

JC’s eyes fluttered even tighter as he whispered, “I kinda like you.” He couldn’t help but stop dancing altogether and put one hand in her hair as he closed his lips around hers. Her head tilted slightly to make her lips fit perfectly against his. A light noise escaped her lips, feeling the deep and intense electricity he sent into her body.


JC felt his heart palpitate, welcoming the invite of her lips against his. He continued to deepen the kiss, pulling her even closer into his body. Sam slid one hand up to the lapel of his tuxedo, gripping it softly with her fist to steady herself from melting into him. Her lips moved against his slowly. Everything about him was so damn satisfying. 


JC pulled away slowly before latching his lips back onto hers softly mixed with an mmmm. At that moment, he realized just how deeply he was into her and couldn’t deny it any longer. 

 

Sam made her own hum of approval before looking up into his eyes. “You’re a pretty damn good kisser, Joshua Chasez.”

 

JC licked his lips as he continued to look down at her. “I can only kiss as well as my partner allows me to. So you, pretty lady, are a perfect kisser. His arms tightened around her. Holding her in them felt right, it felt safe, it felt warm. 

 

She nodded slightly in response, swallowing just a little bit as her arms relaxed but still continued to hold onto him. “Keep dancing with me,” she whispered. 

 

“I’ll dance with you all night long if you want,” he said softly, kissing her temple and they began to sway to the slow instrumental number.

 

She brought her face to rest against his, letting her eyes close as their bodies moved together in silent connection for most of the song. Their synchronicity made her smile softly. Everything about him felt right.

 

“How long are you in the city for?” she whispered.

 

“The rest of the week and weekend,” he mumbled against her face, letting his body guide hers back and forth. 

 

She smiled softly. “Good. Then we’ll get to that football date on Sunday.”

 

He grinned. “Deal. I’ll hold you to that because we leave the following day.”

 

She smiled, leaning in to place a soft kiss on his cheek. “Sounds good to me Josh.”

 

“Does that mean you’re busy Thursday - Saturday?” He dipped her back as the song ended, looking down into her eyes as he held her in his arms. 

 

She let out the softest, lighthearted laugh at being dipped. “Not all day long on those days.” She let her eyes lock with him and that electricity took over again.

 

He put her upright again, saying nothing for a long moment. “Then text me any day before Sunday that you’ll be free. I want to see you as much as I can while I’m in the city.”

 

Sam’s voice was warm and soft. “I definitely will Josh. I definitely will.”

 

He smiled, looking at her with a tilted head. "Would you like to leave a little early? Go get a coffee or something? Or I can just make sure you get home safely.”

 

Sam grinned. “Have you ever been to Ma’s Deli?”

 

JC returned the grin. “Sure haven’t. Never heard of it, but I’m sure that you’re about to change that.” He slid his hand into hers and began to lead them toward the exit. 

 

She laughed softly, stepping out onto the curb outside the Mandarin Oriental as a cab pulled right up for them. “As a matter of fact, I am about to change that.”

 

JC helped her into the cab and settled into the backseat next to her. His arm snaked protectively against her body, pulling her into him. “I get the feeling you’re about to change a lot of things,” he mumbled, closing his eyes. 

Chapter End Notes:

Song credits:

Song #1: Forever Girl by Q Amey

Song #2: Tell Me by Usher

 

Both songs are being "featured" on *NSYNC's newest album. ;)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj jc celebrity solojc