Author's Chapter Notes:

Just a little interlude. 

December 1st, 2006 - Los Angeles, CA

"Thanks for dropping the mail off Tum," JC said, taking the pile of mail from Autumn's hands. "I appreciate you stopping by the PO Box for me." 

"Anytime, bestie," she replied, smiling. "Have you heard from Samantha today?"

JC shook his head and sighed softly. "Ashley's bridal campaign is blowing up in London right now. It was Italy last week, now it's England. This two weeks has been the longest ever. They had meetings and a show today. I talked to her for like 5 minutes yesterday."

She offered him a sympathetic smile. "I know you miss her. She'll be flying home before you know it and Christmas will start. Do you need me to order plane tickets for your parents?"

"I think Dad said he had it under control when he was here for Thanksgiving. I appreciate checking in though. And Sammy took care of her folks before she left with Ashley." 

"Perfect. Well I will leave you to it. Call me if you need anything else ok? I'm only a 20 minute drive away." She leaned in and gave him a quick hug. 

"Thanks Tum. I appreciate it." He kissed her cheek and closed the door as she walked away. He shuffled into the kitchen as he looked through their mail. The usual, bills, magazines, a few other assorted letters. A Manila envelope caught his eye. Maybe Samantha sent him some mail from Europe, he thought to himself. 

He placed the letters down on the counter as he opened up the Manila envelope. There was no return address so he was curious. As he slipped it open, a magazine and small note came out. 

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding- or should I say good luck with her. Just thought you'd like to know what you're really getting yourself into, you pansy ass boybander. -JE11

 JC read out loud. He felt his blood begin to boil as he looked at the magazine. 

It was ESPN The Magazine with none other than a naked Julian Edelman on the cover, ripped in all his top tier physique with merely a football covering his groin. JC grit his teeth. He was about ready to lose his shit.

He flipped open the magazine quickly to the feature article. 

Julian Edelman: It's Better on Top

by: Kat Rodrigues 

When you're Julian Edelman, life is great. Your team is slowly building itself up to a dynasty, your teammates are elite athletes, and you've been not only to the Super Bowl and the Pro Bowl but you've traveled the world like a superstar. 

Edelman is not only a superstar in the football world but is no stranger to the New York scene and Hollywood. He's been linked to some of Hollywood's leading ladies and we're dying to know more. 

JC looked up at the framed photo of himself and Samantha on the kitchen counter and let out a grunt. He wanted Julian dead. No doubt in his mind. When his eyes looked back up at the headline he let out another angry sound. Kat was behind this article too. He knew nothing good was going to come of it.

He skimmed through the article and his heart flipped as the worst he feared was happening-- he saw her name.

One of Edelman's most notable relationships was with plus sized model Samantha Bentley. The pair met during Julian's days leading up to the NFL draft. They caught fire at a party and became an item. "As an athlete, it was frowned on for me to date a large woman," he recalls, "but she was always hot and ready for me whenever I needed her. She would come on the road with the team between modeling gigs. She was super clingy and needed me to tell her that she was beautiful, even though she pretended to have it all together on camera." Julian recalls her closet binge eating habits and being embarrassed of the weight she'd gain and lose jobs. "It got to be a lot," he said, "Having to pretend to be attracted to her when this happened. Especially when other women were out on the road."

JC felt the vein in his neck bulge. He was pretty sure he was seeing red but he needed to continue. He just couldn't stop reading.

She tried every trick in the book to keep him around. Julian recalls Samantha purposely getting pregnant to make him stay toward the end of their relationship. "She knew I had a big career in front of me and she wanted to anchor me. So she was a needy girlfriend who got knocked up to go after my money." Samantha's bad habits meant she wasn't fit to be a mother - "She threw our child away in the garbage like she tried to hide the garbage food wrappers from her binge eating. I should have ended things then, but being the great boyfriend I was I stayed to console her. About 12 months later I walked away from her toxicity." Julian quickly moved on to Juliette LaRoux, the curvy but straight sized model from ING Modeling group before making his rounds through Hollywood. You never know who would be the lucky lady making an appearance on his arm!

He couldn't take it anymore. JC dropped the magazine on the floor and sucked in a breath. He felt like he was suffocating. He hastily reached into his pocket and began to dial. He needed to talk to her. He knew she was working nearly 17 hour days in London but he just had to talk to her. He needed her comfort. He hadn't felt this out of control with anger in awhile. 

"You've reached Samantha! Leave some love!" her happy voice sounded. He stared down at his phone and couldn't bring himself to say anything. He hastily hung up and ran upstairs and began throwing clothes into a suitcase.

Before he knew it, he was standing at the gate at LAX, handing a boarding pass to the American Airlines crew as he boarded a plane for London. He had hastily scribbled the name of her hotel on a sticky note, which was shoved deep in the pocket of his jeans. Ten hours was all that separated him from his woman, and it couldn't go by fast enough.

 

Chapter End Notes:

To be continued...



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj jc celebrity solojc