Author's Chapter Notes:

Suddenly the moment's here

I embrace my fears

All that I have been carrying all these years

Christina Aguilera - Bound to You

December 2nd, 2006 - London, England

It was the middle of the afternoon and Samantha knew two things. First, she was exhausted. Their first call time had been 8AM for hair and makeup and they had been rushing from scene to scene, shooting Ashley's exquisite bridal collection. The second was she was homesick. It had been two weeks abroad and she had missed what was supposed to be her first family Thanksgiving with JC. He had played along with her and pretended to be a good sport about it but she knew his feelings had been hurt. They had Skyped for a few minutes on the holiday itself along with JC's parents but of course it couldn't compare to what they had originally dreamed up.

She reached for a sip of her glass of water, peeking up at the television that was airing a football match. She grinned slightly. As much as she loved American football, she loved watching soccer too. 

"Isn't it peculiar how the Americans sabotaged football?" the gentleman next to her spoke. He was an investor in Ashley's brand in Europe. He was older, with kind eyes and black framed glasses. He reminded her of an older James Bond. He had introduced himself earlier to her as Simon.

She laughed. "I was just thinking about football and soccer actually."

"There's so little foot action going on with the sport all of you call American football. It's been on the minds of the Brits recently because you lot sent over two teams of overpaid American football players," Simon laughed. "And the stadiums are going to be filled this weekend, I'm sure."

"American football and Thanksgiving are so tied together too. It's one of those super American things that people talk about stereotypically. I mean I enjoy both of them, that's for sure." She took a couple of carrots off her plate and nibbled on them. 

"I'm glad you can appreciate some real football. If you're not too overbooked, you and Ashley should take a tour of some of the stadiums. It's quite impressive and the fans are extremely passionate," Simon took a sip of his scotch, "I'm sure you'd both appreciate it. It's nice to see ladies who enjoy sports. Not often in the fashion industry does that happen."

The quiet, which was almost a sophisticated quiet, was suddenly overtaken with loud yells and the sound of feet trampling through the lounge on the way through the lobby. 

A familiar voice got a big, shit eating grin on his face as he stopped in his tracks, holding his hand out to his teammates. "Hold on guys." He strode over in the direction of Samantha and Simon. "Well, welllll, well. Samantha Fucking Bentley. In a wedding dress. Never thought I'd see that."

Sam felt every molecule of her body tense up, that deep sense of dread in the pit of her stomach was beginning. Standing in front of her, in a tailored suit was Julian. The other members of his team were standing several yards back, gaping at them. Simon gripped his glass tighter. She sucked in a deep breath, knowing her feelings couldn't take over. She knew she moved on from his games and she was a better person. "Well, look what the cat dragged in."

Julian's laugh was low. "Still using tired lines. And look at you. You're looking a little tired. Did you get left behind at the altar or something?

From a distance, one of the running backs on the team yelled out. "Julian, you know you should be moving on. Let's go..."

Sam rolled her eyes. "Do you have anything better to do than show up here with your stupid lines?"

He reached over and took her wine glass off the bar and took a big sip. He then put it down on the other side of her. "Why yes, actually. I'm here with my team, who plans on winning the Super Bowl this year. We're playing in London this weekend. Perhaps you've heard. I'm also here to promote a magazine spread I did back in the States. You should read it." He licked his lips. 

Her lips pursed. She shot a look to Simon who had one hand on his cell phone. "You and your dealer, you mean. And I think I'm all set reading any magazine spreads about you. I'm busy promoting a multi million dollar international bridal collection and fashion empire."

"Julian, c'mon..." one more voice rang out. "You should know better. Leave her alone."

His laugh was bitter and low. "Oh, I think you'll like this one. You're in it. In fact, I told the whole world everything about you. I sent an autographed copy to your boyband boyfriend. You know he's really gay right? They all are."

Her mind immediately shifted to JC. Her phone had been locked up in her room all morning and she hadn't heard from him. He was probably in a talespin being so far away from her with all of Julian's words. "Oh, you mean whatever distorted version of the reality you've created?"

"There was no distortion. Just the facts. You see, I figured since the falling out that someone needed to paint a real picture of how terrible you are at relationships. Your soon to be... whatever the fuck he is... well he should probably be prepared for how insecure that real you is. This whole self love persona you have is fake. Tell yourself whatever you want, Samantha Bentley, but you are not a model. You've never been."

She looked up at him. She felt JC's words of encouragement deep in her heart and saw the loving way he looked at her. It gave her a feeling of confidence she hadn't possessed when around Julian before. "Just as your persona of any semblance of a gentleman is fake, Julian. No one should trust a word you say. Now if you'll excuse me, I have other things to take care of than the garbage." She stood up from the bar to head for the door with Simon as she heard several of his teammates letting out sounds of appreciation and oohs. 

Julian's voice got loud to ensure the entire lobby could hear him. It was getting under his skin that Samantha wasn't the same meek woman she had been through the course of their relationship. "Oh, the only type of garbage you've ever dealt with was your fast food wrappers and throwing a child in the trash and covering it up like your eating habits."

She turned around to face him. "Oh, that's where you want to go? We can talk about garbage-- let's talk about the Steroid needles and vodka bottles in the trash. Is that how we're doing this?" 

Meanwhile, JC had panicked the entire ride from Heathrow to downtown. He had tried calling Samantha no less than 27 times, Ashley 22 times and Samantha's assistant 14. His body was in a perpetual state of heightened nerves. He hustled his way into the hotel and immediately he heard Samantha's voice and his eyes darted to their direction. 

It took him less than 5 seconds to rush over there, throwing his suitcase hard against the railing of the stairs. His adrenaline had him on a level that he wasn't sure he had ever been on. 

"Get the fuck away from her or I'm going to end your life right here," JC snarled.

Julian started to laugh. "Ohhh look who showed up. The pansy boy bander. What are you going to do? Sing about it? Do some gay dance?" 

Sam's eyes darted from Julian to JC then back to Julian. Her heart was racing a million miles an hour. This meeting, these two men... she had hoped it would never, ever happen. She knew Julian represented all that was dark in her life and the part of her that she wanted to hide away forever. 

"Don't you ever speak to her again." JC lunged forward toward Julian and threw a blow to his face hard, crushing the bone in his nose. Immediately blood began to gush everywhere. Julian went to react to grab his face but his years in football led him to know that even a millisecond of reaction would let the opponent win. He grabbed at JC and threw a punch to his gut, which nearly knocked JC over. JC sucked in a breath but felt his leg reach out and kick Julian down to the ground. At that point, Julian doubled over and grabbed at his nose. JC spoke sternly, through gritted teeth, "Get off this floor and I will press so many charges against you that you won't know what the fuck to do with your life." 

Julian's teammates gathered around him on the floor with shocked eyes. Julian knew if he called the police he'd be in more trouble than not, with his criminal history, and especially the fact that he violated his restraining order with Samantha.

JC immediately ran to Samantha. His hand was bruised and his stomach was screaming, but he knew he needed to be there for his woman. He rested his hand on her side. "Let's get out of here right now."

As soon as his eyes met hers, tears began to well up in her eyes and every emotion began to take over. "Josh I..."

He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her close to his body. "Don't say anything. Just nod when I ask you something. Are you okay?"

She shook her head no. She let her head bury into his chest, listening to his heart beat. She had never heard it racing with adrenaline the way it was at that very moment, but the familiar sound and smell of him was the comfort that she needed. 

He put his lips to the side of her face, as he too was trying to catch his breath. He was still shaking from the adrenaline and anger in his body. "I'm here for you, Samantha. You will always be safe with me. I promise you that he won't ever come near you again. I am so sorry this happened."

She let out a soft sigh. "I can't continue the rest of today. Ashley might kill me but I can't." She looked up at him with sad and lost eyes-- a look he had never seen in their relationship.

"Baby, it's ok. Ashley will completely understand I'm sure. You've been going nonstop." He wiped away the tears from her cheeks. "Let's get you up to the room, okay?"

Her bottom lip went out as the situation sunk in even further. "Honey, I understand if you never want to talk to me again after what you probably just read." Her voice was little as she let JC lead her to the elevator. 

"I don't think I would have flown immediately on a red eye to London if I never wanted to speak to or see my fiance again." He made her look up at him after she pressed the button for her floor. 

"I never thought I'd have to explain myself because of his lies. But I owe it to you, and to everyone else to see what a horrible piece of shit he is." Her eyes were sad. JC's remained steady on her as they always did. She knew that her walls had been temporarily put back up -- it immediately sprung into action at the sight of Julian. 

JC let out a soft sigh. He had never seen her look that sad before. When the doors opened to the floor, she led him toward the room. He took the key from her hand and opened the door then locked it behind them. He watched her begin to walk into the room, so he reached out to grab her arm softly. "Hey..." His voice was tender. 

For the first time ever, she recoiled at his touch. Her muscle memory and limbic system had taken over. 

His mouth fell open with a soft sigh. "Oh, Samantha." In that moment, he knew exactly what kind of relationship she had been in with that man. 

Her eyes widened as she stood there frozen. She realized what she did to the man that truly did love her and it made a messy noise escape from her lips. Her body broke down into a heaving sob, forcing her to crumble to the floor in the wedding gown. Every ounce of emotion she thought she had suppressed from Julian came to a head. 

JC stared down at her, watching his strong and confident woman crumble to pieces. His heart was breaking into a million pieces but the base anger he felt looking at Julian's cocky smile still played at his emotions. He knew he needed to let her be for a few moments to let her feel all of the emotions she needed to feel before he tried to touch her again. He quietly walked into the bathroom, starting a bubble bath for her. He dimmed the lights and as the tub filled up, he looked at himself in the mirror. His mind was made up. He wasn't leaving London without her, and he was making her leave with him tomorrow. No other options. 

After letting herself cry her emotions out for several long moments, she heard the sound of the tub and JC's shuffling feet. No matter how hard he tried, JC was never able to be quiet. It was one of the most endearing parts of him that she loved. She sucked in a deep breath, gathering up all her strength to get off of the ground, shuffling herself into the bathroom in the wedding gown, looking at him in the dimmed light.

The moment he heard her come in, he was quickly by her side, looking down at her. He whispered, "My hand is coming to your face. Please let me know if you don't want it there." Slowly, his hand lifted her chin up to look at him. He smiled softly when she gazed up at him. "Samantha Lynn Bentley, I love you. I'm never going to leave you. I will never hurt you." 

She looked up into his eyes, having the moment as they locked gazes that they had when they didn't need to talk. She nodded. "I know." 

He moved slowly, allowing himself to come down to put his lips on her forehead again, leaving them there for a few moments. "Mmm. C'mon my love. Let me get you out of this dress and into this relaxing bath." He spun her around so he could begin getting her out of the dress. "Of course Ashley never makes things easy. But I suppose this is good practice." He pursed his lips as her head dipped forehead and he unlaced the back corset one row at a time. 

She stepped out of the dress and he helped her take a gentle step into the tub. She couldn't help but give a little smile up at him as she sank under the bubbles. She was more exhausted than she had initially thought. 

He sat on the edge of the tub and said nothing for a solid 5 minutes, just looking down at her with his intent eyes. "We're going home tomorrow morning. Don't even try to argue with me, because you've worked hard enough."

She opened her mouth as if she was going to argue with him, but she had no energy left to even be sassy or argumentative about it. "Okay." She sighed softly and sank down under the bubbles a bit more.

He leaned down and kissed her temple. "Would you like water or wine before I order us some food?"

"Can I just have some water?" She looked up at him. "That'll be enough for right now for me." Her sigh was soft. "I'll explain anything you want me to sweetheart."

His look down at her was intent. He reached over and stroked her hair, smiling as the bubbles pushed their way through his fingers. "Right now, sweetheart, I just want you to relax. You need rest. Any questions can wait. I promise I'm not going anywhere. We will have a 10 hour plane ride tomorrow, sweet girl." He placed a kiss on her temple before he got up and walked into the room to get waters from the fridge.

As his footsteps left the bathroom, Sam let out another sigh and allowed herself to sink down even more into the bubbles. She felt a feeling of safety now that JC was back, but unsettled at the same time knowing there were many things that needed to be said between the two of them. 

She smiled softly as he came back in, carrying two bottles of Fiji water. He took the cap off of one and placed it on the ledge of the tub. "I know you're exhausted. I want you to relax as long as you need. And I'm here, if you just want me to be here and say nothing. That's okay too." 

She looked over at him and nodded. "I appreciate you baby."

They sat in silence, sipping their water and allowing themselves to just be for a good half hour. She soaked off some of the pain and felt ready to stand up. She pulled the drain in the tub and stood up, looking over at JC who continued to sit quietly watching her. "Can you help dry me off?" she whispered. 

"Of course my love," his voice was soft and steady. He pulled a towel off the rack and put it around her shoulders, allowing it to gently shimmy against her skin to dry her off. He took a moment to wrap her in it completely before he picked her up out of the water. It made him smile, having her close to him again. 

She smiled at his gentleness and sweetness. She let out a soft sigh. "God knew what he was doing when he sent you to me."

"Duhh," JC said with a smile as he carried her into the room. He put her down on a big stuffed chair where he dried her down all the way to her toes.

She laughed softly at how cute he was. "Ohhh, Joshua." Her giggle turned into a thoughtful noise. "Josh, how did you know that I needed you right now?"

He got off of his knees and took the towel back to the bathroom before grabbing her robe then draping it over her to cover her up. "I had no idea, baby. I was the one who needed you. I was a mess after he mailed that magazine directly to me. Before I knew it, I was standing at LAX boarding a plane to London. I don't even remember what is in my suitcase." 

She tied the robe around her waist and let out a sad noise. "Oh honey. Baby. I'm so sorry you had to fly all the way out here because of that waste of space." She reached up to touch his face. "But I'm not sorry you're here. I need you."

"I didn't fly because of him." He pulled her from the chair to the bed to lay down with him, "I flew because of you. I hated not being with you and such a big time difference. We couldn't even talk very much. I missed you so much."

"Likewise." She rested her head on his chest. "I hate being away from you. This deal blew up for Ashley and it grew bigger and bigger. And then you had your project with the band..."

He made a noise and wrapped his arms around her, snuggling her into his body. "Don't get me started on the band. I'm happy that this all happened for her, but it was just at the worst time. Baby, you missed Thanksgiving." 

Her eyes grew sad again. "I disappointed you. I'm sorry."

"What? You didn't disappoint me baby. I just missed having you for the holiday. It was nice having my folks over our place because it's such a huge time for family. But I have been on this side of the business where you sacrifice."

"I know you had your heart set on having both sides over and doing it up big for us." Her head tilted a little bit as she looked at him. "Christmas is ours. It's going to be beautiful."

"You're damn right," he smiled. "And now you'll get to stop in New York with me. I won't have to worry about you anymore." He leaned in and placed his face against hers. "I missed you so much, beautiful."

She smiled, nudging her face against his. "I missed you too. I missed you holding me like this. I love how safe you make me feel Josh. I don't think I tell you that enough."

He let out a soft sigh. "All I want is to make you feel safe. You do tell me, it doesn't always have to be verbally, you know." He placed soft kisses along her nose and cheeks. 

She smiled as her eyes fluttered closed with his kisses. As her eyes closed, Julian's upturned smirk came into her brain and his words echoed in her head about insecurities and garbage food and being a fake persona. Her eyes popped open and her body stiffened as she sucked in an almost violent gasp of a breath. 

He made a face and touched hers. "Baby, what's the matter?" He lifted himself away from her to be able to look down. His eyes were filled with concern. 

She shook her head. "It's not you. Sorry." She sighed softly. "When I close my eyes I can see that smug look and hear the awful words that were coming out of his mouth."

He looked at her and his eyes became filled with sadness. He was filled with grief for the part of Samantha that had been taken away by Julian that he worked so hard to give back to her-- he felt like he was watching it slip through his fingers like a fine sand. He knew he had to hold his anger back to be the man that she needed. "You know that none of what he said is true, right? You can't believe anything he says, baby."

She studied his eyes, watching them fill with sadness at the situation. "I know. I'm not the person I was when I was stupid enough to be in a relationship with him."

"I know that you're not. You're such a magnificent, powerful, confident goddess who knows what love really feels like. And you happen to be all mine." He stroked her hair. 

She smiled, leaning up to touch his face. "Josh, can you tell me about when you knew that you were in love with me? That I was the one?"

He smiled as he looked down at her. "I think I knew before I actually allowed myself to be honest with how much I was in love with you. My heart had never felt the same after the night in New York after the gala. Looking up at the stars with you... I think my heart was sure about how I felt but my brain wasn't." His fingers traced along her jaw. "But I definitely was in love with you on the video set. Seeing you and interacting with you... the lines between the video and reality were so blurred."

She smiled, letting herself gaze up into his eyes for a few long moments. He could see that she searched his eyes more than usual because she was feeling unsure for a fraction of a second because of Julian's reentrance in her life. But after that fraction of a second, she reached to take his hands and gave them a squeeze. 

"Samantha, I have loved you through all of our relationship and I will continue to love you more and more as we grow old together. You were meant to be my person in this lifetime. I have no doubts about that." He interlocked his fingers with hers. 

She smiled up at him in an almost shy fashion. "You've loved my broken pieces back together Joshua Scott. You've pushed me to become a better person and showed me what true love is. You're my home."

"Baby, you weren't the only one broken. I was broken too. I was very broken and God knew I needed you just as much as you needed me." He leaned down and smiled against her lips. "It's all your fault that I love you so much."

She couldn't help but grin. "That is one blame I will gladly take." She snuggled in more, letting his arms wrap around her again. She rested her hands on top of his against her tummy, making a thoughtful noise. 

He let out a soft giggle and he sweetly placed kisses over her face and jaw and nose, occasionally brushing against her lips too. His stomach let  out a loud growl because he hadn't yet been able to eat and the food on his plane wasn't all that great. 

She smiled on his lip, then stole one kiss of her own. "You need to eat baby."

"Meeeee? I thought that was your tummy." He smiled, rubbing noses with her. "I'm not eating without you so what are we in the mood for?"

She laughed softly and nipped at his lip. "That was you. But aside from carrots and a banana this morning I haven't eaten all day so... do you want some British pub food or should we just split some chicken and sides?"

"Ummm I was thinking of a dinner spread like we love to do for breakfast. This is the Four Seasons baby, we can have anything we want." He grinned and stole more kisses from her. His face was scruffy so it scratched slightly. 

"Mmm, order away for me handsome." She giggled a bit as his scruffies scratched her. "Baby."

He playfully kissed down to her neck. Keeping her laughing was medicinal for both of them. "I think you want some pub food with me."

"Oh." She grinned softly. "Fish and chips and some bangers and mash and nachos maybe?"

"That sounds pretty damn good. I'll get the front desk to get on it, mama. You want any strong beverages?" He smiled softly, letting his hand rub against the back of the robe. 

She bit her lip softly. "Can you order a bottle of whiskey?"

He played with her hair. "Well then I vote we take a shot or two before dinner. Get it started right." He smirked. "I'm gonna go order us food ok?" 

"Thank you," she said softly, leaning in to kiss his lips again. "And really. Thank you for taking care of everything. Especially me."

He looked down at her with love in his eyes. "Taking care of you is the most important job right now, Samantha almost Chasez. You're too precious to me."

She smiled, nodding. "I love you more." 

He stood up from the bed, but not before stealing one more kiss. "I love you most." He walked over to the desk and dialed the front desk, walking over to the windows as he held the phone. He smiled slightly, looking out at Hyde Park stretched out in front of them. The twinkling lights of the city had taken over. After he placed the order and put a rush on it, he held onto the phone, staring out a little bit more. Something about the city of London always called to him, even in the earliest days of the band. That feeling of hopefulness and calm helped him shake those feelings of anger, knowing that every step he took from here on out didn't only involve him, but the love of his life as well. He knew the conversation that was ahead of them was going to be a tough one, but his faith in the woman he loved with all his heart was going to pull them through. And that was something Julian couldn't take away from her. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you enjoyed! I know that I've had some messages with requests to hear some more about Samantha's past as well as JC's. More to come soon! :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj jc celebrity solojc