Author's Chapter Notes:

There's nothing else that you will need this Christmas

It won't be wrapped under a tree

I want something to last forever

So kiss me on this cold December night

Cold December Night - Michael Buble

The garage door opened and JC looked over at Sam with a big grin. He parked the car in front of the garage. His Jeep had some jazzy Christmas music playing and it was a cool late morning in Los Angeles. He was in a plaid button down shirt with jeans, and she was in a grey sweater, and jeans with her hair in pigtail braids. Tied to the top of the car was a Christmas tree and they had several wreaths in the back. He leaned over and rested his hand on her leg. 

 

"This feels like home," he said, with a little sigh. "I haven't been this excited for the holidays in ages. I kinda want to bottle up this feeling so I can remember it for a long time."

 

She smiled, leaning over to kiss his cheek. "I think that's the point of the holidays," she smiled against his cheek, "Being with the ones you love. New Chasez traditions can start this year." 

 

"Do you think we have enough decorations for the house? I might need to get some extra lights from the hardware store." The thought of new traditions was making his mind start to race a little bit. He wanted their first Christmas in the house to be perfect. 

 

She reached down and rubbed at his leg gently. She could see the wheels turning in his head. "I think we'll be fine. Why don't we wait and start decorating and then if we need more, you can go out and get more."

 

"I meant I can go later... just got to thinking." He smiled, "Why don't you worry about the wreaths and let me take care of the tree." 

 

"I can do that," she laughed softly, "Do you need some help? They loaded it up there for you at the tree lot. It's awful high on top of the Jeep."

 

He puffed his chest out as he got out of the car. He smirked as he looked across the way at her. "Daddy can handle a Christmas tree." 

 

Her lips pursed together as she closed the door behind her, opening the back hatch to take out the wreaths for the front door and for the guest house windows and doors. She watched him saunter to the back of the car and begin untying, the smirk still on his face as he began to hum some Christmas tunes. She watched him closely as he hoisted the tree from the top of the car, grunting. In one swift motion, he threw the tree up on his shoulder. She followed, a look of amusement dancing in her eyes. She left the wreath for the front door in the foyer.

 

"We have a perfect living room for this," he grinned, putting the bundled tree down next to the stand, leaning it against the sofa. 

 

She placed the three wreaths on the sofa next to the tree and continued to watch him as his chest remained puffed out, hands on his hips. "Do you need some help getting it into the stand? I know you're superman and all, but you can't hold the tree and tighten the bolts on the trunk alone."

 

"Yes ma'am. I'd love you to help me with getting the tree up. Just not carrying it inside." He wandered happily into the garage to get his utility knife, returning moments later whistling. "Did we decide where exactly we are placing this beauty?"

 

"Well, I'd love this to be in front of the windows... a few feet away from the fireplace. See where  I put the stand this morning? Is that okay with you Mr. Chasez?" She smiled softly. 

 

"It's perfect baby," he replied, looking back at her and smiling at her gentle gaze. "I'll get the tree in the stand, you can secure it for me. Then we can go hang the wreaths wherever your heart desires. I know you've got something in mind." 

 

She couldn't help but smirk. "You just want to watch me on the ground. I know your game." She hit his arm softly with a little giggle. "And I'd love that."

 

He scoffed playfully. "Samantha Bentley, I do not need you to secure a tree for you to be under me." He licked his lips as he picked up the tree and walked it to the stand, placing it inside. 

 

"You are something else Joshua Chasez," she laughed, getting down on the ground and crawling under the tree, legs sticking out from underneath as she started to fasten the first screw into the trunk. 

 

He looked down at her, holding the trunk with one hand, a big smile on his face. "I mean, while you're down there..."

 

A few needles fell from the bottom of the tree into her face. "Just so you and your band know, there is nothing actually sexy about literally being under the tree." She laughed softly, the tree shaking slightly with her giggles. 

 

He pretended to be offended. "Not when there's ornaments and gifts going on. Just wait until it gets closer to Christmas, there's plenty of sexy to be had under the tree." He started laughing, shaking his head. "I mean there's honestly no fucking room. I don't know where that song even came from." 

 

"Now we deny it," she grinned, spinning the tree at the base as she fastened one screw at a time. "Can you shake the tree for me a bit? Let it go?"

 

JC loosened his grip on the tree and gave it a little tug, while dipping his head down to peek at her ass sticking out from under the tree. "Did we already get ornaments for this tree? Did you already have some?"

 

"I picked some up when I decorated your house on Sunset last year for you. They're boxed up and moved here. They're in the garage. I know we'll need more so we could start our collection together. I brought a few of my important ones from New York too." 

 

JC grinned. "Oh my god, I almost forgot that you did that. We definitely need more because this tree is at least 3 feet taller than that other one. Baby, you're so good to me. I remember walking in the house that night and being like holy shit. She cares about me."

 

She smiled. "I realized on that trip out here how much making you happy made me happy. How much I craved seeing that light in your eyes. I picked some more up from the store too... just if there's anymore you want we can get them." She stood up, shaking the needles from her sweater. "And we're in." She grabbed his utility knife from the couch and began to cut away at the netting. In moments, the tree was full and standing proudly in its stand. 

 

After she put the knife down on the couch, he grabbed her face sweetly so he could look in her eyes. "You make me so damn happy okay? I just love you so much."

 

She smiled, gazing up at him with love in her eyes. "Baby, this is the first of many, many times we'll be decorating this house for Christmas." She placed a gentle kiss on his lips. "I love you."

 

He grinned against her kiss, giving one soft one back. "I already love making memories with you. Tell me where you want those wreaths baby."

 

"I want one on the front door... the bigger one. I left it in the foyer. And the other two, I want on the windows of the guest house. That medium sized one can go on the door to the guest house." She reached for his hand and interlocked their fingers. 

 

He smiled, squeezing their hands together. "Do you need my help with that? I should ask you that first. I know you're more than capable."

 

"I'll go hang the wreaths up if you can get the bins of ornaments out of the storage racks in the garage. They're all labeled already... one says Josh's tree and the other says new ornaments."

 

"Ah yes. I think I saw the Christmas looking totes up there. I'll go get them, but I need a kiss first." He puckered his lips playfully. 

 

"I think I can make that happen," she replied, smiling. She leaned up on her tiptoes a bit and left a soft and tender kiss on his waiting lips. 

 

He touched her face softly, leaning into her kiss, deepening it just enough. "Mmmmm." He pulled away, smiling. "That was all I needed." 

 

She smiled against his lips. "Much better." She stole one more. "I'll meet you back here in a few?"

 

His laugh was soft and cute. "Of course baby. I won't start decorating without you. You have the first ornament, promise." 

 

They separated, Samantha making her way to each intended target, hanging the wreath on the front door, then meandering her way to the backyard where she hung the wreaths on the windows and the door. She admired her work, smiling with each new addition. JC had made his way to the garage where he found two red totes, perfectly labeled in her straight handwriting. It made him grin. One of the simplest, feminine things about her he loved was her handwriting -- it was straight and rounded, compared to his thin and scrawling writing. He brought the totes into the living room and noticed she had not yet returned. He walked to the kitchen, turning on their Bose system to Christmas jazz and pouring some cider to heat up on the stove. 

 

Several minutes later, she returned to see him in the kitchen, looking down at the cider with a smile. "Ooh! That smells so good." She walked to the island and pulled out a Tupperware container that was red. "These snickerdoodles will go perfect with it too."

 

"Babe! When did you make cookies?" He laughed as he reached inside, popping one into his mouth. 

 

"When you were working out this morning. The bed was cold. Making warm cookies helped." She grinned. 

 

"What the what?" He grinned, "So if I get out of bed, you'll bake? Got it." He stirred the cider as it heated up. 

 

"I mean, I guess you get out of bed for gains in the gym... I get out for holiday gains?" She smirked. 

 

He looked up at her with a grin. "Yes please." 

 

"Are you asking me something Mr. Chasez?" She started laughing, shaking her head playfully. 

 

"I mean, no. I'm agreeing with you. Gains. Right. We win." He poured them each a small mug of cider, biting away his smirk. 

 

She took the cookie tin and her cider into the living room. "I was about to say, I'm glad my next dress fitting isn't until February."

 

He followed in a hurry, grinning. "Yeah, me too. Because I'm not about to care what I put in my mouth for the next 3 weeks. It's the holidays." 

 

"I can get behind that," she licked her lips and took a bite of a cookie. She leaned down and placed her mug on the coffee table with the container of cookies. 

 

He settled down next to her on the floor, taking a sip. "I want you never to care again. I just want you happy, in my arms and to be with me for the rest of my life."

 

She smiled, sitting down next to him. "As long as I'm yours blue eyes, I'm the happiest." Her head went down on his shoulder. "Just like I want to see you smiling... that genuine smile that you do with your eyes too for the rest of my life."

 

"I promise you'll see that." He leaned in and kissed her head. "And you'll usually be the reason my eyes smile too." 

 

She smiled, snuggling in a bit more to him. "You're the best Josh." Her sigh was soft and breathy. "I know which ornament I want to start off with."

 

He kissed her temple. "Mmm, what one is that baby?" He took a bite of his cookie and then a long sip of cider to get a taste and savor both. 

 

"Our Eiffel Tower," she smiled, "I picked it up in Paris. Quite possibly the most important trip anyone will ever take me on." 

 

"Oh yes, I love that idea. That was the best decision of my life, you know." He leaned over and placed his face against hers, forehead to forehead. 

 

"Mmm, you did a pretty nice job." She grinned against his lips and kissed him softly, letting it linger before she whispered, "Last year when I stood in your living room on Sunset doing the tree I had absolutely no idea we'd be engaged like this, in our own new house. I just knew that I wanted you to be happy because I liked you so much."

 

He smiled on her lips, brushing his nose against hers as she was talking. "I didn't know at Christmas either. I just knew I could no longer lie to myself about falling in love with you." 

 

She smiled, nodding against his face with a few more soft kisses. "Mmm. C'mere and help me with the lights. I'll kiss you some more when this is all done." She grinned. 

 

He snuck a few more kisses before standing up. "Okay. Lights. Ornaments. Then kisses. Maybe some lovin. Let's do this." He rubbed his hands together. "We can have this all done in 10 minutes right?" The grin on his face was undeniable. 

 

"Oh," she grinned, popping another cookie in as she stood up. "The quality of your lights and ornaments will determine the quality of your activities for the rest of the day. Mmhmm." She turned the music up a little bit before opening the first tub with the lights. 

 

"Ohhh, I see what you did there." He licked his lips then opened up all of the lights, connecting them one set at a time. "Quality. I'll give you quality, mama."

 

Her giggle was soft. "Quality over quantity, daddy."

 

He started to laugh, shaking his head. "Oh my god. Well, good thing that quality is my forte baby." He held up the end of the string of lights. "Do you want me to start?"

 

She grinned cutely at him. "Wait." She smiled, grabbing her camera and snapping a picture of him holding the lights. She loved capturing raw moments with him. "Okay. You get on the side of the tree near the plug and I'll go on the other side. Hand it around to me."

 

He shook his head. "I probably look like a deer in headlights in that picture." He got on the side she asked, bringing the string of lights to her hands. 

 

"You're not even looking at the camera. You're looking at the tree, smartass." She handed him the lights after wrapping it around her part. 

 

He laughed, grinning. "Are you getting salty with me already? We just started." He circled the lights back around to her side. 

 

"Well for someone who gets photographed all the damn time, you're always worried about my pictures of you!" She wrapped it around, their flow an easy one, one handing the lights to the next as the tree began to glow a golden shade. 

 

"Baby, I'm not worried what I look like. I'm just messing with you." He leaned over and grabbed at her wrist, pulling her to him until she was against him and he could look down at her.  She looked up at him as the jazzy little mix of Christmas music played in the living room. The sun was beginning to set so the lights began to sparkle even more. He let his eyes lock with hers for a long moment before leaning down, putting his lips to her forehead, then down to her nose, finally to her lips with a soft kiss. 

 

She smiled against his lips and whispered, "Mmm. What was that for?" 

 

He slid one arm around her, smiling as he whispered, "You really wanna know why?"

 

She touched along his scruffies, smiling and nodding as she stole a few kisses for herself. "I do."

 

He kissed his way to her ear, smiling against it. He whispered, "Because I'm in love with you." 

 

She tilted her head a bit when his lips were near her ear. "You make me feel like the most important woman." 

 

"I guess that makes me your most important man." He kissed back to her lips. "I just wanted a moment to say I love you and I love whenever we make memories together."

 

"There's nothing I love more, sweetheart." She kissed his lips once again. "First ornament. Can we hang it together, Josh?" 

 

"Of course we can." He snuck one more kiss then pulled away, leading her back to the tree. "How about we pick a place somewhere in the top center so we can make sure to see it every time we look?" 

 

"Yes. I want you to pick the spot." She walked to the bin and grabbed the Eiffel Tower ornament, bringing it to him. 

 

He smiled, rubbing his hands together as he studied the tree intently. "I think I have the perfect spot." He walked up, reaching for a middle branch near the top that was covered in lights. "It'll shine perfectly."

 

"I love it!" She stepped next to him, letting him hold part of the ornament as they leaned up to hang it together. 

 

As soon as the ornament was on, he leaned in and grabbed another kiss, mumbling onto her lips, "Our first tree together. I want to always put the first ornament on with you."

 

"Our Eiffel Tower can go on first every year. Unless we decide that another ornament helps us celebrate our year even more." She made a thoughtful noise before sneaking another kiss. 

 

"Mmm, I like that idea. In fact, I say we enjoy some more cider and another cookie before we continue?" His eyes sparkled. 

 

"Mmm, yes, Will you snuggle with me on the couch for a few minutes first with the cider?" 

 

"Absolutely," he took her hand and kissed it. "Why don't you get comfortable and let me go freshen our cups. I'll add a little whiskey if you'd like."

 

"You just want me to get tipsy tonight." She smirked, looking up at him. 

 

"I mean tipsy decorating is the best if we're being honest." He grinned, taking the mugs into the kitchen to refill them, adding a shot of whiskey to each. 

 

Sam went upstairs to the bedroom, changing into black sweatpants and a black tank, returning to JC with a cookie in each hand on the couch. "The cookie monster," she laughed, "You're gonna beat me in cookies eaten tonight. Not fair!" She jumped on the couch next to him from the back. 

 

Twenty minutes passed and JC's arms were tight around her, not letting her go. She took another sip of cider, then put it on the table next to her, leaning back into his body. 

 

He was gently running his fingers along her arm, looking down at her with a smile on his face he couldn't help. "What are you thinking about?" 

 

She looked up at him with a soft smile. "Honestly? You. The tree. How sitting here now is probably the most at home I may have ever felt in my entire life." 

 

He leaned in more, putting his lips against her temple. "I agree. I love that. I've never cared about having this kind of thing in my life. A home, a Christmas tree, decorations... until you came along. And I love the idea because I have someone to share things with."

 

"Something special about spending it with you." Her eyes fluttered closed at his kisses. "And I'm thinking about how my love for you is different now. It's not any less exciting but there's something so comfortable about it. I've never had that in a relationship before and I didn't realize how much I was missing that... how I wanted it."

 

He dragged his fingers along her arm as he watched her. "I didn't know how much I wanted it either. I would have never in a million years imagined the situation 14 months ago. Never.Now I'm happy and where I belong. With you in my arms."

 

"So much has changed in those 14 months. I love it." She sighed softly. "We need to finish the tree, now that this cider has kicked in." 

 

He grinned, "Yeah, we should finish the tree. And then have a little more cider. Probably should think about some actual dinner too." He leaned in to grab his cider, taking a long sip. "I made these just right." 

 

"You did. And yes. Let's do it." She finally wiggled out of his grip and got up to go to the tree, grabbing some of the ornaments out of the box to hang. 

 

He watched her for a few moments, finishing his cider. After she hung up a couple, he got up and picked a few himself to hang. He passed a couple of glances at her as they both reached for branches as the music played on. It brought a smile to his face. 

 

She smiled over at him from her side of the tree. "Next year we'll have a wedding ornament to put up. And one from wherever we go on our honeymoon." She grinned. "This next year is going to be amazing." 

 

"We have a lot to look forward to, it's all going to be amazing. I get to build a life with you." He made a thoughtful noise as he went back to grab more ornaments. 

 

The music played on as they worked, exchanging glances and little conversations for the next half hour. She took a moment to step back when they finished, looking at the tree and the decorations in the living room. Nothing about the space was fancy, everything was cozy and looked like home. There was something about it coming to live with the Christmas decorations, the way JC was standing there... she sucked in a breath as she had a moment. 

 

JC was playing with the totes, stacking them together to return to the garage when he looked up at her having a moment and it made him smile. He walked over to her, carrying the stacked totes, leaning to the side and pursing his lips out silently, asking for a little kiss. 

 

She looked up, seeing him with his precious lips ready for a kiss and it made her smile. She leaned up on her tiptoes and gave him a soft kiss as she whispered, "Love you Joshua Scott." 

 

"Mmmm...." He smiled, placing one more soft kiss on her lips, "Just the words I was looking for. Thank you." He grinned, happily walking to the garage, his cider kicking in. 

 

She laughed softly, watching him shuffle his happy ass off to the garage. She walked into the kitchen where she turned up the music a bit, swaying her hips as she went into the fridge to see what they would have for dinner. 

 

He put the totes away, then wandered back to the kitchen to hear the music louder and to see her in the kitchen. He grabbed the mugs and the cookie plate, putting them on the counter. "I love you too, by the way..."

 

"Good to know," she laughed, looking up at him. "Do you have something in mind for dinner? I can whip up a stir fry if you'd like. Or we can have steak fajita tacos."

 

He poured himself some more cider. "I'm not in the stir fry mood tonight. Let's do tacos. I'll make some guac real quick for us." He got behind her at the fridge and reached in over her head to get the lemon juice. 

 

"You got it baby," she grinned, peeking over at him then leaning over a little bit more to get the steak, onion, sour cream and cheese out.

 

He knew he couldn't be too far away from her so he stood next to her as they both worked on making dinner. He was cutting up the avocado and humming to the Christmas songs. "Don't be surprised if there are a couple things under that tree already in the morning." 

 

She was sauteeing up the onions and steak tips, then looked at him with a smile. "Yeah? Santa Chasez stopping by early?"

 

"Mmm, he came prepared for the holidays, that is all." He was mashing and tasting here and there until he was satisfied. He held up a little to her lips for her to taste. "You'll see how bad my wrapping is too."


She took the guacamole and made a satisfied noise. "Nice job baby." She was stirring up the steak until it was just right, then she looked at him. "Are your wrapping skills like your rapping skills or?"

 

He laughed softly. "Oh honey, my rapping skills are way worse than my wrapping. That would be the equivalent of Lance trying to be the lead dancer in *NSYNC." He was grinning hard at his comparison. "Just so you would understand."

 

She smirked. "Understood, baby. I'll leave the sexy singing and dancing to you then. No rapping. And I'll wrap our gifts to our family then. No problem." She smirked. 

 

He made a playful noise. "I'll have you know that my mom completely looks forward to my gift wrapping." He laughed. "I could be exaggerating. I just think it's terrible." He added a little lemon, lime and cilantro and did a final taste with a chip and let out a happy noise. 

 

"I'd never come in the way of a mother and her love for her son's gift wrapping. I'll do my own family in that case." She smirked, taking out the tortillas from the warmer, plating everything out for them. 

 

He went behind her to grab something and let his hand graze against her ass. "This is going to be such a good Christmas. Blending our families. Next year it'll be official, but..." He didn't let his hand leave her ass until he was done grabbing what he needed, then he walked over to the counter to get everything set up for them. 


She had to laugh at the way he was so smooth with his moves. "I'm excited for them to spend time together again. They seem to get along really well. Next year they'll be official in laws but I really think they'll enjoy this year too." 

 

"My parents already consider you family." He smiled up from beside her, his eyes crinkling shut. "My mom absolutely loves you."

 

"I think your parents are amazing baby," she smiled. "You already knew *NSYNC was my mom's favorite boyband so she couldn't be more excited to have you as a son." She laughed softly. "And I think my dad has finally come around."

 

He poured them both a glass of water, putting it at the counter with their guac and chips. "Your dad knows that I'm not going anywhere now. And I treat you like my princess. He no longer has to worry about his baby having a broken heart." He leaned over and kissed her forehead. "And I adore your mom. I can't wait to call her mom too." 

 

She grinned. "She already wants you to call her mom." She gave him a soft kiss. "Just like your mom is thrilled that you're being taken care of and..." she paused, grinning at him, "babied by your wifey." She broke away to put their overstuffed tacos on their plates, carrying them to the island. 

 

He followed her with a grin. "Mom is very thrilled that  I am being taken care of." He took her hand, pulling her into him. "I'm thrilled that you take care of me... you cook for me, make this house a home for me."

She smiled, wrapping her arms around him. "You make all of that seem so easy. Honestly." She rested one hand on his chest, feeling his heart under her fingertips. "It makes me happy to be there for you as your partner."

 

He leaned down, kissing her over and over, soft and tender. "If you weren't already my fiance, I would ask you to marry me right in this moment, just because and casually."

 

She smiled, his kiss making her bunch up his shirt with her fists. "I'd say yes again with no hesitation. Thank you for wanting to make me Mrs. Chasez." 

 

"I can't wait to make you Mrs. Chasez. You'll be mine always." He kissed once more then helped her on her stool. "A lifetime of dinners together."

 

She smiled, sipping her water. "Nobody I'd want more sitting across from me for a lifetime of dinners." She laughed softly. "There's gonna be some nights we'll be sitting here ready to kill each other. There's gonna be nights where one of us, or both of us is going to be sad. And there's gonna be the most amazing nights with the two of us here together, too."

 

He took a taco and some chips and dipped it in guac, taking a bite. "Have you wanted to kill me yet?" He grinned as he chewed. 

 

"I have not," she laughed, "Your brownie points are still way high from August. Plus we've had time apart with our schedules. I think that makes me appreciate my time with you more."

 

He nodded slightly. His heart began to race and he knew the cider was amplifying his feelings, but he was feeling very vulnerable all of the sudden. The same feeling that had started earlier in the afternoon as they were setting out to create the new traditions-- the overwhelming need to make everything perfect for her, to fit the vision he had created in his head. "Honestly, I've never wanted to hurry back to someone so much in my life. I've never been in a relationship where I've missed someone so much, worried so much, needed them so much. I've definitely learned what it is to appreciate someone else." He nibbled on the edge of his taco before looking up at her face, studying her, knowing all his feelings were exposed for her to see. 

 

She smiled softly, nodding. When her eyes met his, she knew how honest his expression was and it made her heart full. She could see his intense desire to make everything just right, the way he opened up like an emotional floodgate every so often, letting her into that beautiful, complex mind of his. "I told you right out of the gate that communication and honesty was so important in a relationship. And I love that we can have these kinds of conversations and be real with our feelings." She popped a chip in her mouth that smiled, "It just makes me even more crazy about you, Mr. Chasez."

 

He began to blush, knowing how vulnerable he was. "It's never been easier than it is with you. You just make it happen, because I love and trust you so much that it's made me learn that expressing my feelings and being honest is actually the best thing I've ever had with someone, so it's only going to get better from here. No one else has ever been let in this much, even the guys in the group." His smile was boyish, as he was having a moment for himself. 

 

"Oh, absolutely," she leaned over to his stool and kissed his cheek. "I've watched you grow over the last 14 months into the most amazing and wonderful man who wants what is best for the relationship. Don't think I haven't noticed and appreciated that, Josh." 

 

He smiled, reaching for her hand once she wasn't leaning into him. "Thank you baby. And on the flip side of that, I have watched you grow into a more amazing woman than when I first met you, which I thought was impossible. You are the most confident I've ever seen you, you know exactly what you won't tolerate and what you want, and you know what you need to be loved. And to me, that is the greatest thing I have ever watched happen."

 

She slipped her fingers inside of his, looking down at their hands, then back over at him. "I guess at the end of the day we just needed each other... We needed to help bring out the best in each other and show what love really could be. And that's why there is no other man I'd rather be starting a family with."

 

He pulled her hand up to his lips and kissed the top of it. "I couldn't agree with you more. I know in my damn soul that this was fate, no way that this would be happening with anyone else. Because you just said starting a family and I didn't freak out... probably for the first time ever." He laughed softly. "I know you don't mean tomorrow." He licked his lips. "Right?"

 

She giggled. "Because you knew what I meant. Let's go watch the stars for a bit."

 

"I'd love that. I'll grab us a blanket. I know it's not too cold but with the wind it'll be a little chilly." He stood up to clear the table. "Change the music if you want something other than Christmas, baby." 

 

She smiled, nodding as she worked alongside him to clean up their dinner mess. They loaded the dishwasher then she walked to the Bose and cued up an R&B playlist. It made her smile.

 

"Ohhh I love the way you think mama," he smiled, walking to the living room to grab an oversized blanket before he walked outside. It was about 60 degrees but breezy. "This weather is perfect right now." He sat down on the oversized chaise that was facing the pool as the stars twinkled above them. 

 

"Just another December in Hollywood," she smiled," So much warmer than New York." She settled on the chair next to him, letting him wrap the blanket around them. Her head went to his shoulder and she smiled. An airplane's lights were flashing as it prepared to land. 

 

He let himself get comfortable once she found her spot. He rested his head on top of hers as they looked out in front of them, the lights in the pool changing slightly on their night setting, a purple, blue, green, fuschia. He felt his breathing get softer and more controlled as he relaxed. His arm went around her and their intertwined legs made him smile. "I love that we have both places."

 

She smiled, letting her hand slip inside his white v-neck. She softly played at the muscles in his stomach. "I do too. And I love that we can look out at both places, and soon Big Bear too and appreciate how hard both of us have worked to get what we have."

 

He nodded but didn't say anything. He turned his body a bit to snuggle more into hers, letting his head nudge playfully against hers. He kept quiet for a few more moments, feeling all of the things he wanted to feel before he spoke in a mumble. "We'll get another place too." 

 

She smiled, letting her fingers travel up to the top of his stomach then she let her hand rest on top, not rubbing or feeling, just resting. His skin was soft and warm, almost as familiar as her own. "Whatever you want, I want Josh."  

 

He felt his abs flex then relax and it made him chuckle. "I guess I'm just dreaming so much about our future, I keep adding more places and things to do." He looked down at her thoughtfully. "I just wonder sometimes where we will be in 2 years from now, you know? Look how much has changed already."

 

"What do you hope to see in 2 years honey?" She peeked up at him, not pressing, just feeling genuinely curious. 

 

"Hmmm... I know I want our families to come from all over and be together for at least one of the two holidays at the end of the year. I'd like us to host it in Big Bear. Five days, nobody but our families so we can bond and get that time spent that we miss out on with our careers." He looked down at her and smiled, reaching to gently cup her face. 

 


"I'd like that too. I can see both of us having projects but making sure we have more than enough time for each other. Traveling all around the world, making memories everywhere."

 

He let out a thoughtful noise. "I have a question for you baby... where would you like to go in the world that you never thought you'd be able to go?" He was looking down at her, shifting enough on his side to look at her intently. 

 

She gazed up into his eyes with a happy, sated smile. "Like you I've been lucky enough to travel to some pretty amazing places. But I've always wanted to go to Africa to the savannah and go on safari. I think that would be incredible. And Australia to the Great Barrier Reef and cliff diving and rock climbing and stuff. All kinds of adventurous places. I never thought that I'd feel strong or brave enough for some of that, but you make me brave. I think I'd love that with you by my side." 

 

He smiled, contemplating what she said as his fingers smoothed over one of her braids. "You'd really go on an adventure with me and go hiking and rock climbing and diving?" 

 

"I'd love to. I think it would be amazing." Her eyes closed as he played with her hair. He was so calming to her. "I had so much fun in Monte Carlo when we watched the sunset on that cliff. I'd love to do it again." 

 

"I'd love to do those things with you," he leaned down to put his lips at her temple. "We will do those things together baby, I promise."

 

"And what about you, sweetheart?" She slid her hand onto his tummy again, making lazy little circles. "You've been more places than I have."

 

He pursed his lips. "Mmm. I want to go to the Galapagos Islands really bad. I've never been and I want to be secluded from the world at least one time." He smiled. 

 

"That would be fun. Snorkeling, cave exploration and seeing all of those animals there. And I wouldn't protest being somewhere really secluded with you."

 

He grinned all coy. "So you could take advantage of me. I know you." He kissed from her temple to her cheek as his fingers played with her braid. As comfortable as he felt, there was still a nervous energy in his body that needed an outlet. 

 

"Wholeheartedly." She laughed softly, gazing out at their backyard. It was truly awe-inspiring, with the lights and the little grotto. There was something about it being lit up made her heart extra happy. That, coupled with the light breeze and the stars made her so satisfied. She sighed softly, looking back up at him. "Do you want to go to Galapagos for our honeymoon, Josh?" 

 

He laughed slightly, looking down at her with a thoughtful gaze. "That's funny because I was just about to ask you if you wanted to go to Australia." He smiled, "We don't have to make a decision right this moment. I just want to go somewhere with you where we can be completely us and in love and celebrate our marriage." 

 

"Great minds think alike as usual," she laughed, "I'm sure we'll figure something out. I'll be happy wherever we go, I'd even be happy just being home with you. You're the important part."

 

He couldn't help but laugh softly. "I know you'd be happy my love, but I can't accept that answer at all. We will go somewhere amazing for our honeymoon." He pulled her back up, closer to his body between his legs. "We have the rest of our lives to just stay home. When the time comes for the next steps of our family... we can be homebodies."

 

"I knew you'd say that," she grinned up at him. "And there's always Tahiti where I could lie in the sun for hours and watch you as my sexy husband. On an island away from the rest of the world."

 

He licked his lips and smirked. "Could you say that whole last sentence again. I want to hear you call me your sexy husband." 

 

Her giggle was soft. "Hmm? That whole last sentence about watching my sexy husband on some tropical island?"

 

His grin was playful as he tugged on her braid so her head went back more and he could give her a kiss against her giggling lips. "That was the best part."

 

She smiled against his lips, letting her giggles fade into his kisses. One hand crept up to his jaw where it rested against his 5 o'clock shadow. He let his lips do a dance with hers, not rushed or sloppy, simply sensual and filled with love. He kept a hand at the back of her neck where he sucked her lips in for a little bit more of a tug. She softly sucked on his lips as they did a gentle give and take with his. Her hand slid along his face as she let her fingers get tangled in his hair, a soft tangle. His hair was soft, messy and wavy. 

 

He couldn't help but make a little noise. When she pulled away slightly, he pulled back to take a breath, gaze intent on hers. No words, just his soft breath speaking for him. His hand stayed in place at the nape of her neck.

 

She smiled, whispering, "I love you and I love every daydream you want for us." Her eyes closed and she let out a breathy sigh. 

 

JC let his fingers play at her hair and he gazed up at the stars. What he wouldn't give to wake up in May and get started on their life together. He knew their wedding day was going to be nothing short of magical, like every moment he felt with her. He felt it deep in his bones. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj jc celebrity solojc