Author's Chapter Notes:

I know that I'll be a mess 

The second that I see you

You won't be surprised

That happens everytime 

It's nothing new

Dan + Shay - Speechless

May 2007 - Four Seasons Westlake Village, Westlake Village, CA

Welcome to the wedding weekend of Samantha & Josh

We are so glad to have you as our guests!

As an honored guest, please help us get ready to say I Do tomorrow! 

Please join us tonight for a rehearsal at the Waterfall Lawn at 6PM

Followed by dinner on the terrace

No cell phones please 

 

JC gave Sam's hand a squeeze as they walked down from their room, through the lobby and out onto the terrace. The weekend had already felt like a whirlwind from the moment they left the house in Los Angeles that morning and made the drive to Westlake Village. She smiled, letting out a soft sigh as her hands went to the railing of the terrace, taking a moment to overlook the back lawn and waterfall. She knew that this was the dream setting to host their guests.

 

"This place is incredible," he whispered, brushing his lips against her temple. "You ready to go see our families and friends?"

 

"And what would you do if I said no?" she grinned, peeking at him with sparkling eyes.

 

"I'd probably cry. I've been waiting for this weekend since the moment we signed the contract at Malibu Rocky Oaks." He laughed softly. 

 

"Well you know I'm ready. This is the last step before the wedding, so let's get this out of the way too!" She grinned, squeezing his hand right back before they descended the stairs out onto the lawn. 

 

A small crowd had gathered on the lawn in front of the waterfall -- parents, siblings, the four members of *NSYNC and their significant others. Ashley, eight months pregnant, was grinning at her while Justin protectively stood by her side.

 

"Look who's here!" Justin called out happily, giving JC a playful bump on the shoulder. 

 

"The party is here," JC said, laughing softly as he gave Justin a teasing jab on the opposite arm. 

 

"Samantha, your dress came out amazing!" Ashley exclaimed. Sam was dressed in a lace, short white dress that Ashley custom designed to hug every curve, with her blonde hair curled and down.

 

"Your genius as always," Sam leaned down to kiss Ashley's cheek. "You look beautiful tonight." 

 

Ashley smiled, rubbing along the top of her belly. "I'm so happy for you. In case I haven't told you enough." She looked over at JC. "You too. I'm so happy my girl makes you this happy." 

JC chuckled, rubbing her shoulder. "I'm so happy your girl is now my girl." 

 

Roy walked toward JC and Sam, smiling softly. "It's time, kids. Are you ready to get things started?"

 

JC's smile was boyish. "I've never been more ready." He walked with his father to the base of the waterfall, with Justin by his side. 

 

The wedding planner stepped next to Samantha and was all smiles. "You'll enter with your father and JC will be there with Justin and his dad. I think it's wonderful he's officiating your wedding."

 

Sam smiled warmly. "JC and his dad are very close. I can't think of anyone else who I'd rather have marrying us." 

 

The wedding planner led Samantha and her father down the makeshift aisle, pointing to the stop point. JC was blinking at her, tears already stinging at his eyes. He bit at his lip as he watched her, already feeling like someone had taken the air from his lungs and this wasn't even the real deal.


Her dad gave her a quick hug then moved off to the side. Sam grinned softly as she stepped closer to him."Joshua, you're not crying already..."

 

"Sorry," JC laughed, shaking his head. "I just can't fathom how you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in this dress and you're going to be even more breathtaking tomorrow. Like HOW is that even possible?" 

 

She leaned in and brushed her lips against his cheek. "You flatter me. Almost Husband." She giggled softly, taking his hands. 

 

Roy looked from JC to Sam and smiled. "I mean we could just seal the deal tonight. I know you'd be okay with that Josh."

 

JC laughed, nodding. "You know me well." He turned to Sam again and smiled. "Not sorry about how excited I am!" 


She offered him a grin and then looked at Roy and the wedding planner. Both were giving her a great big smile as Roy chuckled at his son. 

 

"So Roy will say a few words to your guests and then do a reading he's prepared. After that, you will both read your vows. You've both chosen to write your vows right?" the planner asked.

 

Sam nodded while JC grinned. "Wait, we were supposed to write vows?" JC replied. As Sam looked at him with a laugh, he gave her a wink. "Kidding, kidding. Of course we did." 

 

"Great, so at this point you'll read your vows to each other, then we'll do the traditional vows," Roy added, looking down at his binder. "After that, we will do the exchange of the rings."

 

Justin piped up from behind them, "Which you can entrust to me! You held onto ours, I've got yours." 

 

"Annnnd at what point do I get to kiss her?" JC grinned. 

 

The wedding planner chuckled softly. "As soon as Roy affirms your marriage, he'll announce that you're married and then you can kiss her. She'll be your wife then." 

 

JC threw both of their joined hands up in the air. "YESSSSSSS!" 

 

Sam started to laugh, glancing up at JC who had a breathless smile as he brought their hands down slowly. "And we'll have done it! Then it'll be party time." She grinned. 

 

"The best party ever, under the stars. Mhmm," he mumbled, leaning in to place a soft kiss on her lips. "I love our wedding plans, mama." 

 

***

 

The sun was setting over the mountains-- reds, purples and blues were streaked across the sky as one orange orb began its descent behind the rocky surfaces.  Sam sipped on her glass of wine, watching everyone mulling together. 

 

JC was standing at the bar in a pair of suit pants and a crisp white button down, ordering his Old Fashioned from the bartender. Lance and Joey were standing there talking to him but his mind was elsewhere. He leaned against the bar, looking across the terrace until his eyes fell on the white lace of her dress. He smiled as he watched her gazing out at the lawn. He wondered what she was thinking as he continued to stare at her, continuing to smile at the fact she was unaware he was staring. His heart was almost overwhelmed with the love he was feeling.

 

Joey laughed from what seemed like far away and leaned in to poke JC's side. "You're marrying her. Unless, of course..." He grinned slyly, messing around with him. "If only she had answered my MySpace messages first."

 

Sam turned around when she heard some noise and her eyes lit up when she saw Ashley, holding her pregnant belly with Justin alongside her making their way onto the terrace. She was positively glowing and Justin, ever protective, was making sure she moved carefully. As her eyes wandered through the crowd, she spotted JC standing at the bar and she grinned softly.

 

"Shut up Joey, you never had a chance." He laughed, taking his drink from the bartender. He looked up and locked eyes with Sam. Quickly, he walked across the terrace to her, resting one hand against the railing. "If I haven't told you enough already tonight, you are stunning, and I can't take my eyes off you. I am so in love with you."

 

She smiled, tilting her head a bit to look at him then leaned in to place the softest kiss on his lips. "I didn't think I could love you more but this weekend we finally get to celebrate us." Her eyes danced with a soft smile. "Love you."

 

"Mmmm." He smiled, touching her face softly. "I love you. I love us and I'm going to take all of this in and live in the moment all weekend long. I want to look back at these little memories and remember them vividly."

 

She took a moment to look into his eyes with her smile, she knew she was nothing but heart eyes for him as her mind went back to a room of a Malibu mansion for a video shoot, feeling the anticipation of seeing him.

 

He smiled a little more, knowing her mind was going somewhere. "Tell me exactly what is going on in that beautiful mind of yours right now."

 

She laughed softly, looking down for a moment at her hot pink shoes then back up at him. "I just got the craziest butterflies in my stomach, thinking about the butterflies I had in the makeup chair for Tell Me. It wasn't too far away from here... I was so nervous about seeing you."

 

He smiled, his free hand slipped around her back and he pulled her a little closer to him. "Baby, you never told me you had butterflies that day." His eyes searched her face, "I was so nervous to see you again."

 

She smiled, resting her forehead against his when he pulled her in. "I was nervous too. After the gala and the night at the deli I told myself I had to be careful with you but I knew I was in trouble. The flowers and your phone calls were unlike anything else." She smiled softly. "You made me believe in myself again-- that I was worthy of love. I'm so grateful for you."

 

He closed his eyes when her forehead went against his and he let her words linger for a moment before he leaned in, putting his lips against hers in one soft but solid lock. She smiled against his kiss and returned it with a cute little lock, but ending on a satisfied little hum.

 

JC licked his lips as she pulled back a little, and he began to grin. "Guess what?"

 

She laughed cutely at her man. She knew his grins could only mean trouble. "Hmm? What?"

 

"This time tomorrow, you'll be my wife and I'll be your husband." He took a long sip of his drink, not losing eye contact with her.

 

She smiled in return. "Honestly, I can't wait." She laughed softly. "How many times did we joke about just going to a courthouse and getting married. I feel like your wife already, I just can't wait for it to be official."

 

"I know, sweetheart, and I would have gone to the courthouse in a blink to marry you, but I wanted us to have all these memories. Besides, you deserve this, you deserve the best." He tilted her head up again, placing one kiss on her lips. "And you are already my wife in my mind. But you knew that."

 

"Mmm, yes." She grinned playfully. "You gonna be able to sleep without me tonight baby? It's been months since we've had to be separate." She licked her lips.

 

"I mean... I don't know if I'm going to sleep, but I'm okay with waiting to see you, because the anticipation will be so real by the time I see you. Ugh." He closed his eyes. "I can't even imagine what your dress and everything looks like. I'm going to lose my shit, aren't I?" 

 

She laughed softly, watching him have a moment. She touched his face gently. "I will tell you that Ashley outdid herself with this dress. I feel incredible when I put it on and I know when it goes on for real tomorrow, it's going to be the most amazing thing ever. And you know my shoes already, we got them in Paris together." She sighed softly with contentment. The way he was looking at her was a mix of awe and love and it always filled her heart. 

 

"I can't wait! I've been waiting for this forever... and I only have to get through one more night before you are my wife and I can officially call you a Chasez." 

 

She interlocked their fingers and grinned. "Our Chasez family will be official." 

 

"Finally." He squeezed her hand gently. "C'mon baby... we should probably go mingle with some family and friends that don't get to see us often." He kissed her cheek as he led her away from the railing back into the mingling guests. Ashley and Justin were seated on an outdoor sofa, Justin rubbing Ashley's ankles. 

 

"Eeek," Sam smiled, leaning down "How is my nephew in there?"

 

Ashley smiled, looking up from Sam to JC. She was so over the moon happy for her friends. "Ohhh, you know, he's hanging in there just pressing on my bladder and kneeing my ribs at least once every hour or so."

 

JC made a face. "Oh, they can actually do that kind of stuff?"

 

Justin laughed softly. "Watch close enough and you might see a foot or a fist. William is going to be a basketball player like his daddy."

 

Sam leaned down and rubbed on Ashley's belly. "Your eviction notice is going to be served soon, Mr. Timberlake." 

JC looked at Justin, then at Sam briefly, then to Ashley's stomach, then back to Sam and he was rendered speechless. His mind was trying to wrap around how this unborn child was causing so much chaos on the inside. 

 

Ashley smiled in return. "What's crazy is that I feel so ready for him to come, but I'm also so not ready for him to come."

 

"I don't know if anyone is ever prepared!" She grinned, "Though the pictures of the nursery you showed me, he's got it made!" She giggled lightly as she felt something move against her hand.

 

"I don't want to spoil him but it's so hard," Ashley laughed. "Justin is already ready to give William every last little thing he could ever want. If he's half as bad as he is with me, it's gonna be bad."

 

"Too bad he's getting spoiled by meeeeeeeee!" Sam grinned, "He'll be my only for a long, long time and I won't be sorry." She took a sip of her wine and sighed softly, looking down at Ashley then over at the two boys talking. 

 

Justin looked over at JC looking between everyone and making all these connections and it made him chuckle. "So what time are we hitting the gym tomorrow morning before we have to get ready?"

 

JC swirled his drink, looking down at the ice cubes. "You know, I was thinking that maybe we skip tomorrow. But we could get brunch sent to the room. I thought that maybe you and the guys could come to my room and we would take the day slow and get ready and not feel rushed. I know I originally suggested the gym like your day but that was like a month ago." 

 

"Brunch will be on me tomorrow, bro. Best man." Justin grinned a bit. "Whatever you want. We can take it slow, eat, have some beers, and enjoy the last few hours of your bachelor life."

 

JC leaned over and gave Justin a hug. "You know me. I'll be counting down the hours until it's over and I'm a married man..." He laughed, "Best friends forever, man."  Both friends toasted their glasses and took a sip of their drinks. 

 

Ashley looked over at the boys hugging and it made her grin. "Justin, do you have any advice for JC?" She smirked at Sam and poked her side, "Though I feel like this is a bad idea to ask."

 

Sam giggled, settling on the edge of the sofa next to Ashley. "Please, Justin, enlighten my fiance." 

 

"Married sex is the best sex," Justin smirked. "Something about it is even more mind blowing."

 

JC smirked. "Pretty sure you've told me every sex with Ashley is the best sex. Because I remember you telling me when you two first got together it was amazing, then when you two made it official that was the best. And lather, rinse, repeat... up until now."

 

"That's not advice, Justin Timberlake," Sam laughed, shaking her head. 

 

Justin grinned. "Well it's the truth," he leaned down and kissed Ashley's cheek, "Honestly? Just take in every moment of the day. What will happen will happen and you can't stress about it. Don't be afraid to be emotional about it and let yourself feel all the feelings you want. I carry the most fond memories of our wedding in my mind. It was, without a doubt, the most special day to me."

 

JC's smile was soft as he nodded. "I honestly can't wait. Telling me not to stress about something is going to be hard but I'm going to try and live in the moment." He stood behind Sam and wrapped his arms around her. "As long as I have this beautiful lady by my side, everything else is gravy." 

 

She leaned back into his body and looked up at him with a playful smile. "One day you're not going to sound like a Hallmark card... and I'll probably be concerned. I'm marrying a songwriter. But I love it." 

 

***

 

As the night came to a close, filled with laughter, flowing drinks and delicious food, family and friends retired to their rooms at the Four Seasons. 

 

JC looked at Samantha in the elevator, leaning over to touch her curls as they ascended to their floor. "I don't want to leave you. I feel like we're newly dating again and I'm dropping you off before I head back to my hotel room." 

 

She laughed softly. "When you awkwardly rubbed at the back of your neck and backed your way to my elevator? I loved those memories." 

 

"You sure you want to stay alone tonight? I mean the bed might get cold... you might have a monster attack you..." He grinned, taking her hand and leading her off the elevator to their floor. 

 

"Joshua Scott Chasez!" She smirked, hitting him in the side with her free hand. "I am not going to jinx our marriage. You're not supposed to see me tomorrow until it's time! You know the rules. If the bed gets cold, I'll toss extra blankets on. If a monster attacks that isn't your package, I'll protect myself against it." 

 

He wiggled his eyebrows. "I mean if you're looking for that kind of attack I can be of service. It's not tomorrow yet."

 

"Josh!" She laughed at his eyebrows and the way his voice went down. "You already moved your suitcase into the other room. I think we can handle this. It's not long at all." 

 

He stopped in front of the door to her suite and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Oh Samantha Bentley. You can't fault me for wanting to spend all my time with you." He paused and grinned, looking down at her. "Hey, that's one of the last times I'm going to call you Samantha Bentley." He licked his lips. "I like that." 

 

Her eyes sparkled as she gazed back up at him. "I can't fault you, you know that." She leaned up on her tiptoes to place a gentle kiss against his lips. "I love you. I can't wait for everyone to be surprised tomorrow about the wedding! Nobody knows. There's something amazing about having that secret." 

 

He grinned. "It's been so hard not to tell anyone. Especially my parents and Justin. We are so open about everything..." He rubbed his hands up and down her sides, smiling at the feeling of the soft lace under his fingertips. 

 

"I know, same..." she smiled,wrapping her arms around him to hug herself into his body. "But knowing it's something special that we planned makes it even better. And I'll see you there... tomorrow. For our special meeting." 

 

JC let out a harsh sigh. "I love you. Like, a lot. Thank you for making today such an amazing day. Your work with the wedding planner has been phenomenal. Is there anything you're not good at?" 

 

She giggled. "You know there are plenty of things. And I love you too... Love you most, blue eyes. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow on our special day." She rested her head on his chest, taking a moment to appreciate his warm embrace. 

 

He rested his lips on the top of her head, kissing her softly. "I've been dreaming of this day since Paris. Even before, honestly." He leaned down and gently cupped her chin, bringing her face to look up at him. "I'll be dreaming of you tonight, beautiful." He leaned in slowly, letting his lips envelope hers in a gentle, slow kiss. A soft hum escaped as he deepened the kiss, his hand resting on her cheek. He felt that familiar, slow rush of tingles he felt every single time their lips made contact. 

 

She pulled away from his lips slightly and whispered, "Tomorrow. It's finally happening. Save it. You heard what Justin said..."

 

JC's laugh was low against her lips as he went in for a playful nibble. "I'm just going to say goodnight to you now, then, Ms. Bentley." His hands traveled down to hers where they took her fingers and interlocked them with his. "Sleep well. I'll see you out there tomorrow. Dream of me." 

 

She smiled, leaning up on her tiptoes. "Goodnight, baby." She smiled when JC started placing a series of soft kisses on her lips, then the smile turned into a light giggle. "Goodnight." 

 

JC grinned, wrapping his arms around her for one more tight hug. "Tomorrow. You're MINE." He growled playfully as she wiggled away, unlocking, then opening the door to her room. 

 

He watched her for a few long moments and she returned his intent gaze, then smiled once more, leaning in to kiss his cheek before she walked into the room, still facing him. "Love you." 

 

"Always," he smiled, "I love you." He blew her a kiss, which she caught, put in her pocket then blew one back. He grinned as the door closed and he was staring at the mahogany. 

 

He shuffled his feet down the hall to his room, letting himself in. He walked to the bottle of Gentleman's Jack that Justin had gifted him, poured himself a glass and walked to his balcony, looking out at the mountains. He sucked in a deep breath of the cool night air. His dreams, everything he had thought set in stone for him had turned upside down the moment he laid eyes on Samantha and he wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Every anxiety he ever had about being in a relationship, every hesitancy was stripped away with a desire to try harder and be better.  He took a sip of his drink and let out a contented sigh. Tomorrow was the day. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

ALMOST! :)

Friends, we are almost done with this story! Eek!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj jc celebrity solojc