Story Notes:

Shifting quietly to face her, he took a moment to study her in the sunlight’s reflection.

It was earlier than he needed to be up, but sleep had been a struggle lately.


A definite sign of trouble for him. 


He smiled at the sight of her. Peaceful, happy in her slumber. That stupid messy bun she slept in. He never understood it, as it never stayed in all night. She tossed and turned a lot. Always had. Still, she was adorable like this. Mouth slightly open, long eyelashes bathed in the light on her face. Her eyes didn’t need to be open for him to imagine the hazel of her eyes. She loved a good pajama set, but he preferred her in one of his t-shirts.


He wished it could always be like this. Easy, comfortable. It had been once. For longer than he had thought it would. 


Not lately, though. They knew each other too well. They had plateaued. There was routine to what they had, but the spark was gone. 


He thought of last night. Another fight. Neither of them willing to back down. The passion was still there, just focused on the wrong part of their relationship.


It always ended the same way. No resolution and great sex. He wasn’t ready to let her go. She was hanging on, too.


His mind drifted to a memory…



“Why are you looking at me like that?” she stared back at him.

“...Like what…” he bluffed, his mouth stuck in a lazy smile


She squinted at him, a warning, “JC Chasez you look like you like me…”


“...What if I do…?”


She sighed and shook her head, a smile pulling at the corners of her mouth “That’s not what we agreed on…”


He grinned “Then why are you giving me the same look…?”



THE BEGINNING


Hannah fastened a silver hoop in her ear as she walked into the living room to grab her clutch.

Her hair was pinned on one side, leaving her naturally curly to hang free on the other. 


She was met by a once over by her roommate.


“THAT’S what you’re wearing?” Jade questioned


Hannah looked down. She didn’t understand what was so offensive about her designer jeans and patterned cropped top. 


“What’s wrong with it…?” Hannah made a face. 


“Are you wearing heels?”


“Would that make you feel better…?” she asked sarcastically.


“I mean..yeah...kinda…” Jade surveyed her from her slinky, body hugging dress and stilettos.


Hannah rolled her eyes. “Jade...this is your world, NOT mine...No one cares what I’m wearing…”


“Hannah...come on...You’re my best friend...Just do this for me?”


“I’m going, aren’t I...You promise I don’t have to talk to Eric?”


Jade laughed “I REALLY don’t get what your problem with him is...but I promise…”


“He’s just….creepy…” Hannah shuddered as she grabbed her leather jacket and threw it on “Is this Hollywood enough for you, Miss Starlet?” she teased with duckface.


Jade smirked “Yeah...You look ready for TMZ...Come on...We’re gonna be late…”


“Now see...THAT’S Hollywood…” Hannah winked. 


***

Jade and Hannah milled about the crowded room, Hannah following on Jade’s heels as she networked and laughed at the forced jokes of industry bigwigs and fellow actors. 


There was an air of pretense that Hannah didn’t love, but this was the game. Jade actually was talented, and she was happy to support anything that got her best friend the chance to show that to the world. 


Making their way to an open booth in the back area, they were stopped when Jade hugged a man in front of her.


“Hi! Oh my gosh how long has it been...Great to see you!”


“Damn, mama...Looking good…” he chirped. “We gotta get you out to more of these things.”


Jade blushed “Working on it...Auditions  have kept me busy…”


“Yeah? Anyone biting?”


“A few callbacks...We’ll see…”


“Well don’t forget us little people…” he smirked. 


Hannah hung back silently. The dynamic of all of Eric’s clients had always been strange to her. They were like a little family-an exclusive, schmoozy, kind of weird family?


She had heard Jade mention he was one of Eric’s clients, but had never run into him at an event with Jade before.


Still, she knew exactly who he was, blue eyes and charm and all.


Jade playfully answered his smirk with a light tap on the arm before turning to Hannah.


“Have you ever met my best friend Hannah?”


“I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure,” he smiled, extending his hand.


“Hello…” Hannah took his hand to be polite. He lingered just a bit and she politely pulled away. 


Jade spoke up again “Well...We’ll see you around maybe later? These shoes are killing me...Gonna go find a seat…”


“Uh...Yeah...Have fun, ladies, “ he nodded at both of them. 


Hannah smiled briefly  “Great to meet you…”


Jade giggled a little as they walked away “THAT one...That one is trouble…” she shook her head.


“Eyes like that? Who wouldn’t be?” Hannah gave her a sly smile. 


Jade laughed and took a long sip of her drink “I’ve heard that’s not the only secret weapon he has…”


***


JC stared down at his empty glass from his VIP table. The night had gotten a little stale after making the rounds with the same crowd he was used to seeing. He had danced with a few women, all of them more interested in finding a way to fame than him. 


He scanned the room, sighing as he contemplated an early exit. His eyes landed on a familiar face. She was alone at the bar. He smiled to himself, noticing her lack of interest in the who’s who she was surrounded by. 


He straightened his button down a little and walked over to  find an open spot next to her..


Smiling casually, he turned to face her. “Hannah, right...Having a good night?”


Caught off guard, Hannah turned her head toward the voice on her left “Um...Yeah...Hi..It’s...alright. “ she smiled.


His blue eyes smiled with the rest of his face. Blue eyes she had seen plenty of times before. 


“What are you drinking?” he continued. 


She smirked “Whiskey...whiskey ginger.”


“Great choice” he grinned as he leaned up against the bar and settled in.


“I think so...I also think if you’re here to buy me one...Your timing sucks.”


“Excuse me..” he chuckled, thrown off.


“What do you think I’m doing at the bar,” she replied with a sarcasm that only made him more intrigued.


“Touche…” he smiled as he got the bartender’s attention.


Pointing at Hannah, he spoke a bit more loudly “Put hers on my tab? ...And I’ll take one too”


The bartender winked and nodded, and he turned back to look directly at a pair of surprised brown eyes. 


“How’s THAT for timing…”


She took a sip of the drink that had just arrived as he raised his glass. “Cheers?”


She clinked his glass “Ok...That was pretty smooth, Mr. Chasez…” she smiled softly.


He blushed slightly “Uh..You know…”


“...Who you are? Yes. I’m a woman of a certain age and...Well..It’s LA…” she smirked.


“ I thought maybe Jade told you...” 


Hannah shook her head “She didn’t need to...She did say you’re trouble, though…”


JC’s eyes widened a little “Oh did she?” He chuckled and looked into Hannah’s eyes “Well...She wouldn’t know…”


Hannah blushed. 


“So...Do you act, too?” he asked.


Hannah nearly choked on her drink “Oh GOD no,” she laughed “I’m a writer…”


JC smiled “Nice...Like...books?”


Hannah laughed a little. She didn’t know why she hadn’t made a beeline away yet. Probably because he was HOTT. He wasn’t really impressing her with conversation, though.


“Eventually...LA Times for now..”


He stuck out his bottom lip in acknowledgement “Impressive...Would I have seen any of your pieces?”


She laughed “Probably not..I’m an editor…”  


“Well...I’ll have to read the fine print next time…” he grinned.


“Mmm…I guess so…” she humored him.


She knew his reputation. She also knew his voice. And those cheekbones.  To be honest, she was flattered. She’d be lying if she said she wasn’t.


“I should get back ….” she nodded her head toward where Jade was still dancing, pausing a beat before continuing “...Are you coming?” she smirked.


***


They sat in silence after a few minutes, enjoying their drinks as both of them surveyed the party. Jade was dancing the night away, coming back to check on Hannah and drag her out for a song every now and again. 


This was her element. She was born for this life, and Hannah was thrilled it was finally happening for her. 


“Not a big fan of dancing, huh?” he interrupted her thoughts.


She looked over at him  “I wouldn’t say that...Just not my crowd…”


JC nodded, his eyes narrowing into a bit of a squint “Yeah...I can tell...You’re not shy, though…” he stated matter-of-factly before turning back to his drink. 


Hannah smiled, intrigued “And how do you know that…?”


“I can just tell..” he shrugged.


“Hmm...Maybe..” she smirked a little, deciding to have a little fun as she stared at him over the rim of her glass as she took a sip.


“So then...You CAN dance…?”


Hannah giggled a little. “Oh I can dance…”


“I kinda don’t believe you..” JC teased. 


Hannah rolled her eyes, knowing full well the game he was playing. Setting her drink on the table, she stood up and nodded toward the dance floor. 


“Fine...Come on…”


JC’s eyes raised up to his brow, as he stood to meet her. “Lead the way, LA Times…”




All appearances had vanished from his mind the second she started moving her hips perfectly to the rhythm. This girl knew what she was doing, and he had a feeling she saw right through him, too.


Grinning, he pulled her closer by the hips gently, matching his moves to her body. Hannah had lost herself a little bit. He was a REALLY good dancer, and she was enjoying herself more than she had expected. Her hands travelled to his chest, where he caught her wrists, pulling them up around his neck. 


Following his motion with her eyes, brown locked on blue as they caught each other’s gaze. 

He dipped his head toward her, whispering as he got closer.


“Yeah...you can dance…” he smirked before placing his lips tentatively on hers. 


Hannah felt herself relax, losing her ability to form a comeback, as she returned his touch.


He smiled against her mouth, kissing her with more pressure as she kissed him back. 

A few minutes passed until a familiar melody broke them of their trance…



Don’t be so quick to..walk away...Dance with me…


Hannah was the first to break, laughing against his lips “THAT’S timing…”


She watched the corner of his eyes crinkle as his mouth twisted into a laugh and sighed.


“That guy...always ruining a moment…” he teased. 


Hannah shook her head, wondering if anyone had seen what just happened.


“Ya know...Its late...We could..Go somewhere a little quieter?”


She looked down briefly, considering his meaning, then back up at him. 


“Let me just say goodnight to Jade…”


***

Hannah looked around as she followed him inside. 


“Nice place…” she trailed off.


JC smiled “Thanks...It’s alright...You want a drink?” he asked as he made his way to a small bar area.


She smiled “Uh..whiskey neat..”


“You got it.” He poured two glasses and walked over, handing her one, watching her as she took a first sip.


“Great party, huh?”


Hannah smirked, looking down “I guess...Not really my thing. Roommate duty.”


JC nodded and chuckled lightly “Yeah I uh...just making conversation I guess. They can be kinda routine…”


She looked him up and down as he sipped his drink.


The air was heavy as a pause settled over both of them. An unspoken expectation lingered, both of them daring each other with their eyes to fulfill it.


JC was the first to move, walking toward her and placing a calm hand on her glass to pull it down from her lips as he hovered inches from her face. His eyes had deepened. 


“So what are you into, then…”


Taking a short breath, she leaned forward as his lips met hers. Their glasses disappeared onto a nearby table, hands wandering to skin. 


“You’re so hott, mama…” he whispered.”


“Shhh” she answered as they tore at each other’s shirts, desperate to get them off. 


It was primal. There were no pleasantries, just two people who were driven by attraction. 


Moving away from their now discarded clothing, JC lifted her as she began to unhook her bra. 


Hannah’s mind raced. This wasn’t quite like her. She had hooked up before, but never with someone so high profile. “Think like a man” had been her MO since her last few failed attempts at real relationships. Instant pleasure suited her much better with her schedule, and she never seemed to get any complaints from her partners about it. As far as she was concerned, men mainly wanted one thing, so why not just go with it and own her own path in life?


She found herself in a bedroom. It smelled like cologne. In one motion she was on the bed, blue eyes and arms on top of her. 


He moved his lips down her neck as his hands grazed lower to grip her hips. She let out a moan as he nipped at her breast, playfully moving around her nipple.


Reaching up, she grabbed the bulge that had formed in his boxer briefs and massaged in turn. 

Moving away from her body briefly, he peeled them off quickly and crawled back on top of her, this time moving her panties aside to cup between her legs, smiling as he felt her already ready for him.


“Take those off…” he growled, his voice smooth gravel.


Arching her back slightly. She slid them down effortlessly and kicked them off the bed.


As she settled back down, her hands found his lower back, bringing him back down closer to her.


Grinning, he took her wrists in one hand, pinning them above her head as his other slid around and just above her butt to enter her.


She gasped as she felt him, her body responding immediately to his.


Secret weapon, indeed.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story