Author's Chapter Notes:

The Big Day <3 

JC stood waiting in the small chapel, every part of his body sweating slightly. 


He felt a clap on his shoulder as Justin spoke “You ready man...She’s on her way in…”


JC nodded silently, pale as a bed sheet. Justin chuckled “You’re gonna be fine. You got this.

Close your eyes.”


“What?” JC stared at him.


Justin giggled. “First look, man...Turn around..”


JC took a breath, doing as Justin said. Smelling perfume, he smiled to himself as a soft set of hands went over his eyes from the step above him.


“Hey...guess who…” she whispered. 


He gently pulled her hands off, turning around to open his eyes. 


She smiled at him from the glow on her face, her features accented by perfect highlight and golden hues around her eyes. Her lips were a soft pink, and her hair was in gentle curls, pulled back delicately, baby’s breath in place,  as if being held by the wind. 


She was breathtaking. Soft silk and lace fell around her collar bone to rest on her shoulders, airy sleeves covering her arms. Her leg peaked out from a demure and flowing skirt of the dress. 


She was beaming at him as he turned her around, eyes going wide, biting his lip as he noticed the fabric in the back dip down well below her shoulder blades. With feather light fingers, he traced her skin as she turned back around. 


“Annie…” he breathed. “Oh my God you are...gorgeous.” His eyes had filled, a sight Hannah didn’t recall ever seeing.


“Jace…” she grinned, running her hand down his cheek. “You look...INCREDIBLE…” She smiled as her eyes went misty.


He brought her hands up with his, fingers interlaced with hers. “Are we really doing this?”


Hannah nodded “Yeah...Last chance to run…” she teased.


He grinned “Annie...I’m never letting you go again.”


“MOMMY!” A small voice interrupted the moment, and Hannah grinned as Olivia let go of her mother’s hand to run over to the two of them.


“Oh my God…” JC breathed, overcome as a silent tear fell from his eyes. Wiping it quickly away, he crouched down carefully to Olivia’s level. 


She was dressed in a blush, satin strapped princess gown with a full skirt in soft tulle. Her hair was curled in big bouncy ringlets, pinned halfway up on her head, with a wreath of baby’s breath on top. She held a basket of flower petals in her hands.


“Livie ...You look like a princess…” he grinned.


She smiled from ear to ear. “You look fancy…”


JC laughed softly “It’s a special day…”


Olivia nodded. “You have a happy face…”


JC grinned and cupped her face with one hand “So do you…”


Olivia giggled.


He let out a slow breath, wrapping two arms around her as he hugged her into him “I love you, Livie Bug…”


“Love you” she grinned.


Hannah put a hand over her eyes, thankful for waterproof makeup as the floodgates opened. 


“Oh no no no no no…” Jade rushed over, pulling a few tissues from her clutch and handing them to Hannah. “We haven’t even started yet...Don’t ruin your makeup NOW…” she teased her. 


Hannah laughed as she dabbed her eyes gently. 


“Mommy are you sad?” Olivia ran to her.


“No, baby...Sometimes people cry when they are very happy…”


Olivia smiled “I’m very happy, too, Mommy…”


***

JC smiled as he sat at a table with his four best friends. It was rare they all got to get together.

Hannah and JC had agreed on a small wedding, but there was no way he wasn’t going to have all of them there on one of the biggest days of his life. He laughed as he watched Hannah on the dance floor with Jade and Olivia, the youngest one among them literally running circles around the two women’s dance moves.


“You got yourself a good one there, man…” Chris interrupted his stare. 


“Yeah...I know... “ JC smiled back at him. 


“And that little girl...Good luck, dude…” Joey chuckled.


JC grinned. “I might need some tips, Joe…”


Joey smirked “I got lucky. Feed ‘em, keep ‘em entertained. Keep ‘em alive…” he joked “Nah man, you’re gonna be fine...She’s a great kid…”


JC took a sip of his drink. “Thanks, man…”


“You SURE you don’t want one of your own?” Justin stared at him, smiling as his own 3 year old played with a napkin in his lap. 


“Actually…” he bit his lip “I do. Uh...WE do…”


‘WHAT?” Four voices came at once, causing the corners of JC’s eyes to wrinkle in a laugh. 


“Oh come on now...Is it THAT shocking?” JC asked.


“YES…” Lance laughed next to him. 


JC shrugged “Well...What can I say...I’m a different man now, boys…”


“This calls for a toast” Chris raised his glass, with the other 4 following suit. “To our eternal bachelor. It had to end sometime. Poor bastard…”


There was a chorus of laughter and slaps on JC’s shoulder as they all clinked glasses and took swigs of their drinks.


Silas stirred on Justin’s lap as they winded down, stretching his arms to the dance floor. “Daddy...DANCE!” he wiggled in time to the music.


“That is DEFINITELY your kid…” Joey beamed at Justin.


Laughing,  Justin lifted his son gently off his lap and let him run to the dance floor, where he immediately found Olivia and started doing a wobbly two-step. 


“Hi!” Olivia chirped as she matched his moves.


Justin grinned. “Olivia...This is Silas.”


“Hi Silas!” she smiled as she moved her arms from side to side. 


Sliding up next to Hannah as she looked on, JC wrapped an arm around her.


“Hey...There’s my husband…” she charmed. 


He kissed the top of her head as he squeezed her side. “Is my wife having fun?”


Hannah nodded. “Yeah...I think they might be having more fun, though…” she giggled as Olivia and Silas bounced around in the middle of a dance circle that had formed around them. 


JC laughed as he recognized the notes of the next song, turning to stare at Justin for his reaction. 


“I got this feeling...inside my bones…”


“Damn it…” Justin chuckled as he watched his own son and Olivia lose their minds. 


“DADDY!” Silas pointed at Justin


“Shhh...Buddy…” Justin laughed. 


Suddenly surrounding him, Chris, Lance, and Joey were pulling out their best dramatic dance moves as the rest of the guests cracked up. 


“Those guys are nuts.” Hannah wrapped both arms around JC, giggling. “I love them…”

 He grinned down at her as he broke her embrace and dragged her over to them, dancing along the way. 


It was a perfect day; a perfect start to a new beginning. Their past faded away as the two of them realized forever had been worth waiting for.


***

Later that night, Hannah and JC relaxed at home, some alone time with Olivia.  Their first official night as a new family. 



Hannah sat cross legged on the floor, dress still on, shoes off, as Olivia sat in her lap. Curls slightly loose, the younger of the two was just about ready for bed. Hannah smirked at the smear of cake across the bottom of her little pink dress and the scuff on one of her shoes in the corner. Two signs of a great party.


JC smiled as he made his way to the piano bench, clearing his throat. “I haven’t always been great at saying how I feel, but this...I can do...One more surprise for my girls…” One deep breath, and he looked down as he started to play a melody and sing…”




From the way you smile to the way you look

You capture me unlike no other

From the first hello, yeah, that's all it took

And suddenly we had each other

And I won't leave you

Always be true

One plus TWO,  THREE for life

Over and over again

So, don't ever think I need more

I've got the one to live for

No one else will do, and I'm telling you

Just put your heart in my hands

Promise it won't get broken

We'll never forget this moment

Yeah, we'll stay brand-new 'cause I'll love you

Over and over again

Over and over again

 

Hannah pulled Olivia close as she smiled, her cheeks warm with silent tears. His eyes were closed, lost in the music. Looking down, Hannah saw Olivia’s eyes twinkling, fascinated. 

 

From the heat of night to the break of day

I'll keep you safe and hold you forever

And the sparks will fly, they will never fade

'Cause every day gets better and better

And I won't leave you

Always be true

One plus one, two for life

Over and over again

So, don't ever think I need more

I've got the one to live for

No one else will do, yeah, I'm telling you

Just put your heart in my hands

I promise it won't get broken

We'll never forget this moment

Yeah, we'll stay brand-new 'cause I'll love you

Over and over again

Over and over again

Girl, when I'm with you I lose track of time

When I'm without you you're stuck on my mind

Be all you need till the day that I die

I'll love you

Over and over again

So, don't ever think I need more

I've got the one to live for

No-one else will do, yeah, I'm telling you

Just put your heart in my hands

Promise it won't get broken

We'll never forget this moment

Yeah, we'll stay brand-new 'cause I love you

Over and over again

 

As he finished the last words, his voice cracked slightly. Taking a moment to re-compose himself, he floated into the end of the song, opening his eyes to play the final notes. Looking over, he saw two sets of watery eyes. 

 

“Jace...” Hannah choked on her words. Letting out a breath, she finished “I love you…”

 

Grinning, he made his way to them, lifting Olivia into his arms as she wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his chest. Hannah took his hand to stand and he wiped her cheeks with his palm. “I love you, too. Both of you. For the rest of my life.”

 

He pulled her into him, kissing her softly. Olivia giggled, turning away, causing them to giggle along with her. 

 

 

 


Chapter End Notes:

**The Song JC plays for his girls is "Over and Over Again" by Nathan Sykes and Ariana Grande :) It can be found on the Spotify playlist for this story that I put together....Link Below**

 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7tVD2i2L737u5eifi5nGgk?fbclid=IwAR01rV5aBcdrV9yS6ljC2FbqJGgwcytOrbIpmWEyCHhLBZ1k8WOG6nM6H4Y



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story