Author's Chapter Notes:

Hi!

 

Where are my ABDC Fans at?

 

This chapter explores how JC's run on the show affected JC and Hanna's relationship. 

 

Enjoy! :)

JACE AND ANNIE (2011)


JC paced back and forth. He was at his wit’s end. He had been extremely busy lately. On top of filming and promo for “America’s Best Dance Crew,” he was throwing himself full force into producing and writing; with two songs he had worked on making it to AJ McLean’s solo album. He and Hannah were seeing less and less of each other, which had grown frustrating for both of them.


Hannah knew that his music was everything to him, and she was busy herself, about halfway through her first book. With an agent and a pending publishing deal now in her corner, she had no excuse not to get it done.


They were both extremely proud of each other, with very little time to tell the other one that. 


Hannah huffed as he had cancelled yet another date night, the studio needing more attention as the third wheel in their relationship. It gave her more time to write, but less time with the man she had opened herself up to. 


“WHAT DO YOU WANT THEN, HANNAH...HUH?” JC cracked. 


She growled in frustration. “YOU, IDIOT…”


“You have me!” he shot back.


“DO I? DO I REALLY?”


“Do you see me sleeping with anyone else?!”


“Are you…” Hannah stared at him.


“Geezus, Annie…” He rubbed his forehead “NO! When would I even have the time?”


“Would it KILL YOU to make some time for us…”


JC sighed “You made it pretty clear you like casual, Hannah…Since when do you care about romance?!”


“Things change…” she countered. Her eyes were tired, sad. He hated seeing her like this, especially because of him.


JC closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, and fell onto a chair, staring directly at her “I was never looking for this...for you...It just happened...”


Hannah swallowed, looking down “Neither was I, but we’ve made it this far, haven’t we?”


“I’m a shitty boyfriend, Annie…” 


Hannah felt the sting in her eyes, willing it away “I’m a shitty girlfriend…”


JC let out a breath “No you’re not…”


She looked up to answer him “You’re not, either.”


“So what are we doing wrong here?”


Hannah settled down next to him, shrugging “I don’t know, Jace...I really don’t…”


“I know I love you…”


“...I love you too,” she let herself smile softly.


“I know I want you…”


“Jace…” she gave him a withering look. “Why is that all we’re good at?”




Hannah resigned herself to a night alone, as she settled in with a glass of wine and flipped on the tv. She was annoyed at him, but she never missed an episode. She found herself smiling as she chewed on popcorn, always entertained by the crews’ performances and JC’s weirdo take on judging.


She danced along on the couch as arguably the cutest crew, Iconic Boyz, an all-kid crew, took the stage busting moves to “Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry. They finished their performance, and it was time for the judges to weigh in. Hannah sat up a little straighter, admittedly excited to see what JC would say. She thought it was a cute routine. 


D-Trix was up first, and Hannah’s eyes widened at his take “Honestly...It wasn’t that good. I’m - I’m sorry. You guys are adorable...but you guys...It takes more than that to be America’s best dance crew…”


Hannah cocked her head to one side as he challenged them to prove themselves despite their age. “Well that was a little harsh,” she whispered to herself. The D she knew was pretty happy-go-lucky. 


Lil’ Mama gave her thoughts, and it was time for JC’s commentary. “Yeah I..Um...Actually D-Trix...With all due respect, I disagree with you a lot, actually.” He stared right at him. “I have to say, look, developmentally, some of the things you’re identifying with, boys...The wall...It was a little bit ABC. That’s the truth of the matter, BUT when you say the whole routine you didn’t like the whole routine...C’mon Man, Don’t be a crackhead, like, SERIOUSLY…”


The two of them went back and forth, D-Trix arguing age and JC arguing performance level.


“It’s a PERFORMANCE! It’s about playing the crowd..It’s not always about hitting something clean...It’s not always just about doing something that somebody else doesn’t do. Sometimes it’s about giving the crowd what they want.” His eyes were a bit wild as he held his hands out to emphasize his point.


Hannah nearly choked on her wine, reaching for her phone. 


“What the HELL was that, Jace?” she hissed when she heard him answer.


“Um...What?”


“You’re fighting with D, now?”


She heard him snicker on the other line “Defending him, now? He’s a big boy, Annie...You should know that…”


“I didn’t say he was RIGHT...But there is NO reason to go at him like that...”


“I’m not in the mood for this, Hannah…”


“It’s not that serious, Jace...WHAT was with the peacocking…”


“So one minute you want me to try harder...and the next you’re critiquing how I do my job?”


“I dunno who that guy was, but it wasn’t my boyfriend…”


“You sure? You need me happy all the time, mama? Just like everyone else in my life?”


Hannah sighed “I didn’t say that just...What the HELL…?”


JC chuckled on the other end. “I can say whatever I want, Hannah. That’s why they hired me.”


Hannah rolled her eyes, feeling her blood start to go hott “Grow up, JC. I’ve made it pretty clear who I wanna be with. Cut the attitude.” She hung up quickly, switching the channel to distract herself. 



(2009)


Hannah made her way to his dressing room, lunch in hand. She greeted the familiar faces she saw along the way, show crew and dancers among them.


“Hannah Banana!” a charming smile shouted at her before crashing into her with a playful hug.


She caught him just in time, and shook her head and giggled. “Hey D...I thought you were all rehearsing…”


“We are, but a man’s gotta eat!”


Hannah smiled, holding up her takeout bags “Right there with ya…”


“When are you bringing me lunch, huh?” he teased.


She grinned at him, standing just outside JC’s door. “Find a way to distract this one and we’ll talk,” she winked at him, nodding her head toward the door. 


“I’m holding you to that...I have my ways,” he grinned at her. 


She laughed just before moving to head to her destination. 


“Dominic, Dominic, Dominic...What am I gonna do with you?”


“Anything you want, beautiful,” he stuck his tongue out at her, “Enjoy lunch…”


Hannah headed in to JC, a slight blush still on her face. JC looked up from the couch, a smile meeting his eyes. 


“Hey mama…” 


“Hello yourself,” Hannah smiled. 


JC noticed the look on her face. “That D I heard?”


Hannah laughed as she pulled food out of the bags. “Yeah...He’s...something…”


JC smirked as he took a sandwich from her, taking a bite immediately “I think you have a crush on him.”


Hannah’s eyes widened. “Joshua Scott why would you say that?”


JC chuckled, mouth still slightly full as he spoke “Because you still have eyes...Hannah Rae...”


Hannah moved closer to him, catching his lips in a cute kiss. “I have a crush on YOU.”


He cheesed back at her, a playful look forming on his face “Does D know that? He gonna be jealous?”


Hannah laughed, pinching his arm “Eat your lunch, you brat…”


“Owww...So MEAN..I’m gonna warn him…” JC kept teasing.


Hannah sighed  as she took her first bite of lunch. “Thank you for lunch, babe...Good to see you, babe... ,” she muttered under her breath, mocking him. 


JC set his sandwich briefly down, wrapping his arms all the way around her and nuzzling his face into her neck “I’ll find a way to thank you later, Babe…”


Hannah smirked. “You’re lucky you’re cute.”


He squeezed her harder “Says the cuter one.”


Hannah shook her head as they both went back to their food, just enjoying the moment alone.



Hannah found a seat off to the side, just out of view of the cameras and the audience. It was her spot whenever she came to visit him on set. She loved to watch the chaos of the show being filmed, and see him in his element. The dancers on the show were crazy talented, and she had a lot of fun watching them.


She smiled as Bluprint Crew finished a HIGH ENERGY performance.Everyy member of the crew was amazing, but it was the female members that had stolen the show thos time with their fierce moves. She clapped and cheered right along with the studio audience as Mario Lopez threw it to judge’s commentary. 


JC looked GOOD, and there was a certain twinkle in his eye when the camera panned to him. 


“Honestly, You caught my eye tonight. That was sexy, honey…”


Hannah stared at him as he continued, Shane Sparks and Lil’ Mama teasing him as Alex blushed and played coy onstage. “...Hey...She looked good…”


Hannah felt herself go a little numb, silently scolding herself. This was his job. He was an entertainer. It was great tv. Still, she couldn’t help but look to the woman he had just complimented, her reddish hair perfectly styled as she stood there in a pink corset. She was gorgeous, and could SERIOUSLY move. JC had been friendly to all the contestants, male and female. He was a friendly guy. Hannah couldn’t help herself from mentally scanning the last few weeks, though, analyzing any extra attention he may have given her over the last few weeks.

She forced a smile, knowing SOMEONE from the filming crew had to be looking at her for a reaction right now. 


She waited a few minutes and got up to head backstage, needing a minute. As she headed for a dressing room, a voice got her attention.


“Don’t worry...You catch attention every day, Hannah…”


She turned her head in the direction of the sound, to find Dominic smiling at her. Blushing, she waved him off “Stop. You’re gonna get me in trouble,” she smiled. 


He shook his head before walking to his cue backstage. Hannah flipped through a magazine absentmindedly for the rest of the taping, hearing voices outside that drew her interest. 


“Seriously, sweetie...That was HOTT! You ladies are giving everyone else a run for their money…”  


She stepped just outside the dressing room to see JC talking to Natalie. She now had on a hoodie over her onstage costume, but was no less attractive. 


“Oh my God STOP...We’re just having so much fun!” she answered him.


“It shows,” JC smiled, a cheeky smile in her direction. “Got the look, too…”


Natalie blushed, casting her eyes subtly down, then up again.


Was she flirting?!


“Well thank you! Plenty where that came from.”


“Can’t wait,” JC answered. 


“Ok um well...I’m gonna go change…”


“See ya, Natalie…” He turned around, spotting Hannah watching him.


Smirk on his face, he walked over to her, instinctively moving for her lips. She stepped back, jerking her head back with her. 


“Be a little more obvious, would you?”


JC looked at her confused, realization slowly kicking in as he gestured behind him. “WHAT, NATALIE?!”


“She caught your attention, didn’t she?”


JC smiled “Annie…”


“No, I mean I don’t blame you...She’s cute…”


JC sighed. “Hannah...I’m with you. You’re with me. We’ve established that. She was fun to watch...onstage.”


Hannah bit her lip. “And offstage…”


JC gave her a look “So you’re gonna pretend D doesn’t follow you around like a puppy?”


“Oh come on! He’s harmless!”


“Is he?” he stared at her. 


Hannah sighed, in a mood. “I mean he’s not ugly…” she shrugged, challenging JC.


He chuckled “Don’t start this game, Hannah…”


“Game? What game? We ‘both have eyes,’ right,” she quoted him. “You seem to be putting yours to good use lately.”


“...And you aren’t? ‘Find a way to distract this one?’ “ He gave her a pointed look.


“I was kidding, Jace…”


“Were you, though?”


Hannah crossed her arms in front of her. “Fine. You wanna be like that? Hall pass.”


“Excuse me?” JC questioned her.


“You heard me. Hall Pass. We were casual for months, JC...We can do it again. I’m not worried.”


JC smirked “Careful what you wish for, mama…”


She narrowed her eyes at him “I know exactly...what I wish for. I mean it...Go ahead. One time. Each of us...We can talk about anything else later.”


JC studied her, waiting for her to say she was joking “You’re serious…”


Hannah nodded. “I am. Have fun.” She spun on her heel as he caught her arm, pulling her in to kiss her. After a few moments, Hannah pulled away.


“Mmm...Save some of that for Sexy over there…” she teased, walking away from him.




JC stood motionless as she walked away. Damn. She really was unlike any woman he had ever met. Shaking his head, he turned in the opposite direction. Challenge accepted. 


For her part, Hannah made quick work of finding Dominic. If he got to have his cake and eat it, too, so did she.


**********************


JC sat briefly in the drive as he rubbed the bridge of his nose, taking a deep breath. 


What was he doing? All he wanted was to see her. His feelings were stronger than they ever had been for anyone before, and honestly that scared him. They had a deal. Everything was out in the open, and he had no reason to feel guilty. So why did he?


A quick huff of breath to calm himself down,  and he shut down the car, stepping out and starting toward the house. His keys turned the lock and he pushed the door open, hitting the lights. He took a few steps in and stopped as he looked toward the couch.


“...Jace?”  She greeted him quietly, eyes slightly wide. Bright amber. She had been crying. A loose white t-shirt was tucked into the same pants she had had on earlier in the day. 


“Annie…” He stared at her, surprised.


She looked down, fidgeting with her necklace. “I...I didn’t go…”


JC’s face melted into a smile. “I just dropped Natalie off…”


Hannah nodded. “Did you have fun?” she asked quietly.


He crashed down onto the sofa next to her, looking into her eyes. “No...I didn’t…”


“You...didn’t…”


JC shook his head. “No. I...didn’t want to…”


Hannah’s eyes went watery “Neither did I…”


“Hannah I’m sorry. I can be a flirt. Force of...habit?”


She shook her head. “I’M sorry. You scare me…”


JC ran a hand down her arm. “You scare me, too…”


“I thought I needed to-”


“I know. Me too…” he finished her thought. “Come here…” he moved his hand over hers. 


She moved toward him, arms wrapping around his neck as she spoke softly. “Turns out you’re all I need…”


He answered her with his eyes, a grin in them as he rested his hands on her lower back and his lips on hers. Parting them , his tongue found hers easily, the comfort he had been craving all night.


Her arms pulled him closer as he wrapped his more tightly around her. Her kiss moved to his jaw, down to his neck. He rolled his head to one side, giving her better access. His hands slid down just inside the back waistband of her pants, sliding to rest on the skin at the top of her hips. 


A breathy chuckle escaped him as he gripped her sides, lifting her up and onto his lap. He let her move her lips down his collarbone, pushing his shirt aside to bite gently on his shoulder before he shifted to stand, firmly gripping her thighs to hold her against him. She pulled herself up just enough to wrap her legs around his back. 


“Bedtime, mama?” he whispered as she pulled away to look at him, her eyes now a sexy shade of chocolate. 


“Nowhere else I’d rather be…” she breathed.


Moving into the bedroom, JC fell back onto the bed, letting her gently collapse on top of him. Her breathing had picked up and she pulled her shirt off, revealing a lacy silver push-up bra. 


Reaching up to slide a finger under the strap, JC’s eyes were playful. “This is new…”


Hannah turned bright red, biting her lip as she nodded. 


A thought crossed his mind as an evil grin slowly crept across his face. “I was almost the second man to see it…”


Hannah cocked her head to the side in confused amusement. “Does that...turn you on?”


JC laughed lightly as he realized where his mind had gone. “Yeah...It kind of does.”


She shook her head and let her head fall forward slightly as she laughed, the sound of it only intriguing him even more. “You are so weird…”


He smiled, running his hands up her sides to cradle and massage her chest. “You love it…”


She giggled as he moved to the straps, pulling them down before reaching around to unclasp the hook and pull the bra gently off of her. 


“I’ll just take this for safe-keeping,” he teased as he tossed it behind him. 


Hannah giggled. “How about you take all of me, instead…”


JC grinned wide, pulling her all the way on top of him before flipping her around so he was on top of her “...Don’t have to tell me twice…”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hi everyone!

 

The two bits from the Judge's commentary come from actual episodes of the show.

Season 3 and Season 6.

 

"D" is Dominic "D-Trix Sandoval" from Quest Crew, who won in Season 3. He later went on to sit on the judging panel with JC...and that disagreement actually happened. :) The all-kid crew was Iconic Boyz.

 

Natalie is from Blueprint Crew, who JC actually said caught his eye. She was also on in  Season 3.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story