Chapter 18


Justin woke up the next morning, Nicki next to him in his bed. This feels good, normal, waking up to see her here. He wanted to stay in this moment forever, freeze time so she could just stay with him with nowhere else to go. He knew she had the day off, but he also knew at some point he’d have to take her home. Maybe she SHOULD move in, he thought. Then I can wake up to her every morning, never having to worry about getting her home. THIS could be her home, with me. 


He got up, making coffee and sitting at the dining room table, the photo album still sitting there. How did she get these pictures? Did she call my mom, JC’s mom?  There’s no way anyone else would have some of these… He flipped through more of the pictures, reminiscing on old times. 


He felt her arms wrap around him. “Good morning,” she chirped, kissing his neck.


“I made coffee if you want any. I was thinking of making eggs and we can finish off the pastries you sent over yesterday.”


“Sounds good.”


“How do you want your eggs?”


“Surprise me,” she laughed. That way I know he’ll make something I like from before.


Justin opened the refrigerator doors and grabbed the things he needed. Nicki sat at the table and started looking through the pictures. 


“I can’t believe how young you were when this all started. You’re like a baby compared to the rest of them.”


“Yeah, I got that a LOT…” Justin huffed. 


“Sorry. Your mom must be really great to have let you do that.”


“She was always so supportive. Still is. Once I was sixteen she stopped traveling with me, but those first few years, yeah. We needed her more than we realized. She and Lance’s mom did our laundry after every show. I don’t know where we’d be without them at the start.”


“She sounds great. Have I met your mom?”


“A few times, yeah. You got along well enough.”


Justin brought over the pan of eggs, a couple plates and forks, and the pastries Nicki had bought. 


He put some of the eggs on her plate, scrambled with cheddar cheese mixed in. Nicki took a bite, nodding in approval. 


“You call them easy cheesy eggs,” Justin laughed. 


Nicki laughed back. “They’re good.”


“Nothing fancy, easy to make in the morning.  One of your favorites.”


“That’s what I figured. You’re helping me learn more about myself every day.”


Except the important things like being my fiancée, he thought to himself. “We’re getting there.”


They ate breakfast, Justin telling more stories from the pictures. It was helping her learn about him, and allowing him to reminisce and reconnect with that part of himself. I’ve kinda closed that chapter so I could focus on my solo stuff, but it’s nice to go back and almost rediscover it with Nicki, he thought. 


“What now?” he asked, doing the dishes from breakfast.


“I don’t know about you, but between cooking and what else we did last night, I need a shower,” Nicki whispered in his ear. 


“Keep talking,” Justin snickered. 


“You could help this dirty girl get nice and clean…” she continued. 


“Oh, we might get more dirty before we’re clean,” he replied, with a growl in his voice. 


“I’m glad I brought extra clothes.”


“You always did think ahead…” Justin chuckled. 



They were on the couch, Justin sitting up, Nicki laying down with her head in his lap. As they watched TV, Justin stroked her hair, running his fingers up and down her arm. 


“Is it bad I want you, like, all the time?” Nicki asked. 


“Never,” Justin laughed. 


“Seriously,” Nicki replied. 


“It’s all new and exciting, that’s how things typically go. It’s intense, hot and heavy. Do I mind? Absolutely not.”


“I hate to say it, but I should probably get home, do some laundry.”


“Which is it? You tell me you want me, then you need to leave,” Justin laughed. 


“Both.”


“How about we fool around for a bit, then I take you home?”


“Sounds good to me,” Nicki said, sitting up and kissing him passionately. 



Justin pulled up to her house, not wanting her to go. “When can I see you again?” he asked her. 


“Saturday?  We’ll call and text like usual until then. I’ll miss you, for sure.”


“If you do, just let me know and I’ll be right over,” he said in a slow, sexy tone. He kissed her goodbye, watching her get out of the car and into her house. 

 

Well, that was a hell of a birthday.  Now, to work on her song. My goal is to have it ready for her for Valentine’s Day.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story