Spring 2012

"I can't get over it!" Teddi gushed. "You're finally engaged!"

"I know. I always said I couldn't be surprised, but Matt really pulled out all the stops!"

"Let me see the ring again," Teddi said, reaching for Autumn's left hand. The four-carat classic emerald cur Harry Winston ring shone brightly, and the reflection from the sun gave it a blinding effect. "He did good."

Teddi and Autumn were seated outside of Caffe Roma in Beverly Hills, catching up over lunch. Teddi's tour had ended three months prior, but when she finally came home, Autumn had been in New Orleans, working on a film she was producing for the Hallmark channel. This was the first time in more than six months that they were able to just sit and talk. And a lot had happened in those six months, like Autumn getting engaged.

"I know, right?! I feel like I have to everything with my left hand now, just so I can show off this thing!" Autumn and Teddi shared a laugh. "So, it looks like you're next."

"Oh, please don't start," Teddi rolled her eyes. "Marriage is so not on my radar right now."

"You're joking, right? You and Tyson are practically married!"

"Tyson and I are happy," Teddi replied, taking a sip of her iced tea. "We're comfortable where we are right now. Marriage is a big step."

Autumn stared at her friend, feeling sorry for her. Anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear could tell that Teddi was in love with JC. At one point, she was almost sure they would get together. They'd come so close two years ago, and out then out of nowhere they seemingly did a one-eighty. JC was dating someone new, and Teddi got back with Tyson. What happened? It wasn't that she didn't like Tyson. She loved Tyson for Teddi. In fact, he'd be perfect for her, if JC didn't exist. But he did exist, and it blew her, and all their friends minds that they were not together.

"It's only a big step if you're not with the right person," Autumn stated.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Teddi asked, not liking where the conversation was going.

"You know what it means," Autumn said pointedly. She took a bite of her Niçoise salad, and leaned back in her chair, folding her arms across her chest.

"Please, not this again," Teddi groaned. She pushed away her salmon and asparagus. Suddenly, she wasn't in the mood to eat anymore.

"I just don't understand where things went so wrong," Autumn said. "Please help me to understand."

Teddi though back on the events last year and half. That night, after Jimmy's party when she'd finally got up the courage to tell JC she loved him, and how he shot her down. When she went in the house, she only made it as far as the living room, where she collapsed on the sofa and cried herself to sleep. Her heart was completely shattered. JC didn't love her, and he never would. It had taken her a while to accept things, but once she did, she was able to pick herself back up and move on with life. It was the first time in her life that she had to rebuild herself after a broken heart, without JC. She didn't know she was capable of such a thing, but it gave her strength she hadn't realize she had. She came to the realization that she didn't need JC like she convinced herself that she did, and she would be fine without him. It had taken a few months, but she and JC had gotten back on speaking terms. It was a tough conversation to have, but they both agreed that it was best that they stayed friends. Their friendship was the most important thing, and they didn't want to throw almost a decade of friendship out the window. Soon, things were back to normal between them. Or, as normal as they could be. They never spoke of that night again, and sometimes Teddi liked to pretend it never happened at all. She never told anyone about what happened that night, and judging by Autumn's prying and oblivious questions, she assumed JC hadn't either.

"Nothing went wrong," Teddi finally said. "We're just not meant to be."

 

Five Months Later

"Babe, c'mon we're gonna be late!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming," JC called as he rushed down the steps.

"You're gonna be late to your own funeral. It's a good thing Autumn's your best friend and doesn't expect you to be punctual!"

"Tum knows my heart," JC quipped. He stared down at his girlfriend, Kathryn, and took her in. She looked beautiful in the black spaghetti strap Armani dress, and Tiffany earrings he bought for her. Her chestnut brown hair was pulled tightly in a bun, showcasing her perfectly symmetrical face. Thanks to their recent vacation to the south of France, her tan skin was even more bronzed. "So, it looks like I'm going to have the most beautiful woman in the world on my arm tonight," he said, snaking an arm around her waist a pulling her close for a kiss.

"Ugh, do not change the subject," Kathryn said between kisses. She reached up to straighten his tie.

"I cannot help it that you're so irresistible," JC said, his voice low and seductive.

Kathryn fought a smile. God, she had to be the luckiest woman in the world. "Knock if off JC, we have to get going!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Did you feed Apollo before we left?" Tyson asked Teddi. They were sitting in his Range Rover waiting in line for valet parking at the  Four Seasons where Autumn and Matt's engagement party was being held.

"No, I thought you did," Teddi replied, narrowing her eyes at him. "Oh my God, did we not feed Apollo?! We are the worst dog parents ever! Maybe I can call the Richards and see if they're home..." Panicking, Teddi opened her clutch and pulled out her cell phone.

Tyson watched her amused. He finally stopped her when he realized that she was actually about to call the neighbors and ask them to feed their labradoodle. "Babe, babe. Stop!"

"What?" Teddi asked.

Tyson took the phone from her hands, and she looked over to him. He had a shit eating grin on his face and couldn't hide the laughter bubbling inside him. "Baby, I fed Apollo before we left. I'm just messing with you!"

"Tyson!" Teddi exclaimed, and playfully smacked his arm. "Babe, that's not funny."

Tyson snickered. "I couldn't help myself, you're so cute when you go into panic mode! You're going to make an amazing mom one day." He leaned over and kissed her forehead.

"God willing," Teddi mumbled. Although she hadn't expressed it to Tyson, she was upset at the fact that she'd gotten her period that morning. She knew it was stupid, and she shouldn't get her hopes up, but after having been a week late she was hoping that she was finally pregnant.  She'd been trying to hid her devastation all day.

A few months prior, four weeks before her birthday, she and Tyler had been swinging in the hammock in their back yard gazing up at the stars. With her head on his chest, and blanket covering them, they swung back and forth, listening to the sound of crickets, and watching as fireflies glowed in all their wonder. It was the perfect night.

"Babe," Tyson said.

"Yeah," Teddi replied, looking up at him.

"What do you want for your birthday?"

"What do I want for my birthday?" She repeated.

"Yes, what do you want?"

"Wow, I don't know, I haven't even thought about it."

"C'mon, if you could have anything in the world, what would it be?" He challenged her.

"Anything at all?" Teddi asked.

"Anything at all."

She stared at Tyson for a moment, searching his eyes, before finally giving him an honest answer. "Tyson, I want a baby."

After that night, she'd made an appointment with her gynecologist to get her IUD removed. They'd been trying for three months now, and still no baby. Teddi knew that she shouldn't give up hope after only three months of trying. After all, she'd been on birth control since she as fifteen, and now she was twenty-seven. She knew that her body needed a while regulate her cycle, and she wasn't even thirty yet. Her gynecologist told her it would be perfectly normal if she didn't get pregnant within the first six months of trying, and that at twenty-seven she was at an optimal age to conceive. Still, there was a voice in the back of her mind reminding her that nearly everyone woman on her mother's side of the family had trouble conceiving or carrying a baby to term.

"Don't worry baby, it's gonna happen," Tyson assured. He pulled forward in the valet line. There was now only one car in front of them. He reached for her hand across the center console and brought it up to his lips for a kiss.

"I know," Teddi replied. "You know how impatient I am, though."

"Trust me, when it does happen, everything will fall into place and it will be perfect!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

The engagement party was well underway, drinks were flowing, people were dancing, and everyone was having a good time. The venue room of the Four Seasons had been transformed into an immaculate theme of white and gold. Teddi had made sure to take lots of pictures and videos, documenting the night. Autumn and Matt looked so happy, and Teddi was happy for them.

As she sat at her table, next to Tyson she took in her surroundings. She was grateful and her heart swelled with gratitude. She was finally in a good place in her life. She was surrounded by people she loved, and people who loved her back. She was excited a humbled to witness Autumn and Matt's relationship, how they'd overcome so many obstacles, how strong their love for each other was, how they never gave up on each other and how they kept fighting for each other. Teddi moved her focus to Tyson. She watched him as he laughed and smiled watching Autumn and Matt attempt the lift from Dirty Dancing. Tyson had been such a blessing and welcomed surprise in her life. After that night at Jimmy Iovine's party, Tyson had called her the very next day, completely unaware that she was nursing a broken heart. He'd been just what she needed at the right time. Her eyes shifted from Autumn and Matt to Tyson and back again. She hoped and prayed that someday she and Tyson would be where Autumn and Matt were.

Across the room standing at the bar, JC couldn't keep his eyes off of Teddi. She looked beautiful with her hair in a fancy updo, and her black lacy floor length gown. More than beautiful, she looked happy. Truly happy. It radiated off of her. As painful as it was, JC knew he'd made the right decision when decided not to pursue his feelings for her. In the moment it hurt like hell. It was torture not talking to her for months, not working with her. Not knowing if she was okay, or if they'd ever be okay. If he'd ever had her back in his life again. He had been so relieved when she called him up and asked him to meet with her. They met up for lunch that day at Perch and hashed everything out.

"Josh, you've been a part of my career from the very beginning, and in turn, you've been a part of my life, and you've played an integral part in both my professional and personal life. You became more than a colleague; you became my best friend. You've seen the best in me and the worst in me. You've been there for through all of my ups and downs, picking up my heart and putting it back together again each time it got broken. We've shared so many amazing experiences together, that I wouldn't have wanted to share with anyone else in this world. You've taught me so much. About music, about life, and about myself, and I can't thank you enough for that. I've always looked up to you, and I guess I sort of subconsciously held up on this pedestal. I don't know, I guess I just got so caught up in- I don't know. What I'm trying to say is that my feelings were misplaced. I thought, and I really believed that I was in love with you. I had gone through so much with Brody and Travis and Brendan, and you were there for all of it. It convinced me that maybe there was something more between us, and now I realize that none of this feels right. God, me and you? Could you even imagine? I mean, I had been drinking that night, and I had been confronted with some things that I hadn't expected to face. I guess I just got caught up in the moment. I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have just emotionally dumped on you like that. It wasn't fair to you, and I should have never put you in that position. Is there any way we can move past this? I really miss my best friend."

JC had been so taken aback by Teddi's words that day. Being as strong willed as she was, he didn't expect her to go back on her word like that. Especially after having gone six months without speaking, he was for sure she hated him. An apology was the last thing he expected. After that day, they never spoke of that night after the party again. It was almost like it never happened. Almost.

"Hey baby, deep in thought?"

JC turned to see Kathryn. She was back from the bathroom. "Hey babe," he said, kissing her on the cheek. "I was just thinking back to when Matt and Autumn first met," he lied.

"They're so right for each other," Kathryn stated, looping her arm with is. "C'mon let's go dance!"

JC let Kathryn drag him onto the dancefloor. The deejay was spinning Me, Myself, and I by De La Soul. Kathryn circled around JC, stopping in front of him, and grinding her backside against his pelvis seductively. The song slowly faded into a much slower one, changing the mood.

What day is it?

And in what month,

This clock never seemed so alive...

JC's heart dropped to his stomach, unbeknownst to Kathryn. "Ooh, I love this song," she marveled, unaware of its significant meaning to her boyfriend. She turned around to face JC and wrapped her arms loosely around his neck, draping over his shoulders. JC wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him, and they began to -sway back and forth to the music. Kathryn lay her head against JC's shoulder and closed her eyes as they swayed in time to the music.

JC watched as Tyson led Teddi onto the dancefloor. They assumed the universal slow dance position and began to slowly sway. He watched as Teddi stared into Tyson's eyes, lovestruck.

'Cause it's you and me

And all of the people with nothing to do

Nothing to lose

And it's you and me

And all of the people

And I don't know why

I can't keep my eyes off of you

 

May 2006

"Hello? Whoa, Teddi slow down, what's wrong? Say no more, I'll be there."

It was 9:00 pm on a Friday night, and Teddi had called JC in hysterics. Brody had cheated on her with some Playboy Playmate named Jayde, and now the girl was harassing Teddi. Brody refused to answer her calls. When she logged onto Myspace and saw picture of him with Jayde in a nightclub, she knew why he wouldn't answer.

45 minutes later, JC was at Teddi's West Hollywood penthouse with Ghirardelli dark chocolate, a pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked and a bottle of Barefoot sweet red wine. "Ya know, I don't why you insist on this cheap ass wine, when I could easily get you a bottle of Bordeaux." He joked when Teddi opened the door for him.

Grateful for his presence, she tossed her arms around him nearly knocking him down.

"Why do you keep going back to him?" JC asked curiously. They were sitting on her couch, halfway through Notting Hill. Teddi had this thing about heartbreak and Julia Roberts' movies that JC didn't quite understand.

"He's the first guy to ever tell me he loved me," Teddi replied, nonchalantly, and she took another bite of ice cream. She was buzzed from the wine, the tears had stopped, and the edge had worn off.

"Wait, Travis never told you he loved you?" JC asked. He had his own spoon and dug into the Ben & Jerry's pint.

Teddi scoffed, "Pfftt, no!"

"So, you keep going back to Brody because you think he loves you?"

"Pathetic, I know," Teddi lamented. "Such low standards, I have."

JC felt sorry for her. She was too incredible to have such a low  self-esteem. If only she could see herself the way he saw her.

"You don't have to put up with his bullshit, Teddi. Do you know who the hell you are? Guys would be lined up around the block to date you!"

"Yeah, right," Teddi smirked.

"I'm serious."

"I used to be fat, Jace," Teddi stated, curling her knees into her chest.

"Um.. okay, I don't know what that has to do wi-"

"Like really fat. High school was a living hell for me. My junior year, I got asked to go to homecoming by Jack Nelson, the quarterback of the football team. As a joke. No guy like Brody would have would have ever looked twice at a girl like me, let alone date me." 

JC watched as she lifted the bottle of wine and took a swig from it. His heart broke for her. "So, what happened?" He asked curiously, not sure he wanted to know the aftermath of the homecoming fiasco.

"The summer before senior year I discovered that if I vomited after every meal, then I could have my cake and eat it too. I lost seventy-five pounds by the time school started back that Fall. Jack was all over me, and I ended up giving him my virginity on the beach after a bonfire."

"Teddi,"

"Don't lecture me JC, I already know how pathetic I am."

"You are not path-" JC was cut off by the sound of Teddi's ringtone. He watched as the pink Motorola Razr vibrated against the glass coffee table.

What day is it, and it what month?

This clock never seemed so alive

"Grrrr," Teddi whined. "God, why did I have to give him that ringtone? It's my favorite song, and now I'll never be able to listen to it again because of him!"

JC picked up her phone from the table.

"JC , what are you doing?" Teddi asked, panicked.

JC flipped open Teddi's phone and hit the red end button, to screen the call. Next, he went into her contacts and found Brody's number and deleted from her phone. "There. No Brody, no ringtone, no problem." He tossed the phone back to her.

Teddi sat there speechless. "Where are you going?" She asked, when JC got up from the couch.

He didn't respond, he walked down the hall and towards her room. Moments later, he came back with her Mac laptop in hand. He opened it, and sat down on the couch next to her.

"What are you doing?" Teddi asked.

"Type in your password," JC instructed, handing the computer over to Teddi. She did what he said. "Oh, c'mon you've gotta be kidding me," JC sighed when the computer started up and revealed a picture of Teddi and Brody as her wallpaper.

"It's a cute picture," Teddi said defensively. The beach was their backdrop as they sat at a table on the porch of Brody's father, Bruce Jenner's beach house in Malibu. Brody clad in a blue and orange striped Ralph Lauren polo with the white color popped, and khaki shorts sat in a white plastic lawn chair, and Teddi in his lap. She had side swept bangs, and her hair up in a ponytail. Her light brown hair streaked with chunky blonde highlights, and her eyes rimmed with thick dark eyeliner. She wore a grey velour Abercrombie jacket over a purple Hollister tee, a string of pearls around her neck,  and a pair of American Eagle jeans. It had been the perfect Saturday at the beach, and Brody's older stepsister, Kourtney wanted to capture the moment.

"Cute my ass," JC snorted. He clicked the Internet Explorer tab on her taskbar, and once it popped up, he typed MTV's Overdrive site into the address bar.

"What are you doing?" Teddi asked as she watched JC typing away on the keyboard. Suddenly she heard You and Me by Lifehouse starting to play.

"Stand up," JC directed.

"Jace, what?"

"Stand up," JC repeated. Teddi did as he said. JC grabbed her by the hand and led her to an open spot in the living room. He picked her arms up and placed them on top of his shoulders. He wrapped his arms around her waist and brought her close.

Teddi, completely caught off guard, stared into his piercing blue eyes. His gaze was intense. "What are you doing?"

"Dance with me," JC whispered. He started sway, and Teddi swayed along with him. "You shouldn't have to give up your favorite things become of some dumb asshole who can't see how amazing you are. This is our song now."

There's something about you now

That I can't quite figure out

Everything she does is beautiful

Everything she does is right

 

In the moment, he may have been dancing with Kathryn, but whenever he heard this song, he was instantly transported back to that night six years ago, slow dancing with Teddi in her apartment, desperate to make her forget about Brody. Kathryn kept her head on JC's shoulder, and JC continued to keep his eye on Teddi. A strong wave of emotion washed over him when he caught her eye. Tyson's back was turned, and Teddi was facing JC, there eyes locked from across the room. It's as of time had stood still if only for a moment.

And it's you and me and all of the people

And I don't know why

I can't keep my eyes off of you

What day is it?

And in what month?

This clock never seemed so alive

One Month Later

"Babe, I'm home," Teddi called as she walked through the front door. Her sister, Tori, was in town for a work conference, and she'd been able to spend the afternoon with her before she had to head back to the convention center for a seminar. She locked the door behind her, and when she turned around, she was met with Apollo rushing her. "Hey boy," she smiled. Teddi bent down to hug and put him, and he attacked her with slobbery dog kisses.  She stood back up, and headed for the bedroom, with Apollo at her heels following her every move.

"Tyson," Teddi called again as she made her way up the steps. It had been an adjustment getting used to Tyson's smaller home in Anaheim, but it was a worthy sacrifice. She missed her Spanish villa in Calabasas, but it was big and lonely. She preferred the quaint comfort of his rustic themed colonial to her oversized mansion. Most of all, she was with someone she loved, and they were trying to start a family. "Tyson?"

Teddi finally reached their bedroom and was surprised to find clothes, shoes, boxes, and luggage items strewn all over the floor. "Tyson what's going on?" Teddi asked. She bent down to pick up an old yearbook of Tyson's and started to flip through it.

"Tell me I'm not crazy."

Teddi looked up from the yearbook, startled by Tyson's voice. It sounded shaken and panicked.

"What? Tyson, what's wrong?" Teddi asked, her nerves standing at attention. She searched his eyes, and they looked pained and confused. She walked over to where he was standing by the closet.

"Teddi, what the fuck is this?" Tyson asked, pointing at a brown cardboard box.

"What is what?" Teddi asked confused.

"I don't know, you tell me," Tyson demanded.

Teddi's eyes never left his, as she bent down to look inside the box, moving the flaps out of the way. She felt around the box and pulled an item out. Her heart sank when she saw that it was a framed picture of she and JC. The frame was silver and engraved in a floral design. They shared an embrace on the Santa Monica Pier. The picture was filtered in black and white. Teddi looked back into the box. Cards and letters written to her from JC over the years. Birthday cards, Valentine's Day cards, song lyrics, stuffed animals, jewelry. A collection of things he'd given her over the years.

"You said I had nothing to worry about," Tyson said in an unsettling even tone.

"Tyson, I-" Teddi was at lost for words. This was being thrown at her from left field.

"So, you're not even going to try and explain yourself?"

"What is there to explain? There is nothing between JC and I. Never has been, and never will be." She couldn't believe this. What was Tyson doing?

"Could've fooled me," Tyson mumbled, as he angrily stormed past her.

"Whoa, wait a fucking second! You don't get to go through my belongings, accuse me of something, and the just walk away!" Teddi shouted, following him out into the hallway. Her blood was boiling, and hands began to shake. "Why do you even have this out? How did you even find it? I had it in the attic!"

"So, you admit that you were hiding it from me," Tyson yelled. He started pacing the hallway

"I'm not hiding shit from you! You know JC is my best friend," Teddi snapped.

"Why do you have a fucking JC box?!"

"I don't have a JC box! It's just a box of things he's given me." Shit! Teddi mentally scolded herself. That did not sound any better.

"Great, that just makes me feel fan-fucking-tastic!" Tyson quipped sarcastically. He was now standing in front of Teddi. His 6'1 frame towering over her 5'2 one. He leaned down so they were at eye level. "You don't have an Autumn box, or a Dallas box, or a Shannon or Mischa box! Please don't feed me that bullshit about him being just a fucking friend!"

The look in his eyes, terrified Teddi, but she refused to back down. "He is just a fucking friend," she growled through clenched teeth.

"Bullshit, fucking bullshit! You're in love with him," Tyson accused.

"What?!" Teddi gasped, her eyes bulging. "How fucking dare you!"

"How dare I? I'm not the one who's in love with someone else, while being in a committed relationship with someone else entirely."

"That's right, I am fucking committed, and I love you Tyson, or else I wouldn't have sold my home, my dream home that I worked my ass off for to live with you!" Teddi screamed, her voice piercing the air. Apollo scrambled into their bedroom and hid under the bed. "I'm so committed that I've been trying to have your baby, Tyson. Not JC's yours! I've taken a step back from my music for you, to turn this house int a home, for us. I'm doing everything I can to make this work!"

"You may be doing everything, but you're not giving everything," Tyson said, sounding exhausted.

"Excuse me?" Teddi asked.

"You're doing everything that you think your supposed to do to make this," he motioned between the two of them, "work. Like ticking off items on a bucket list. Move in together? Check. Get a dog? Check. Have a baby? Check. You're doing what you think a successful couple is supposed to do."

Teddi stared at Tyson through glassy eyes, his words piercing her like bullets.

"But you're not giving yourself. I've given myself to you time and time again. I've been vulnerable with you. Dammit you know things about me that even my family doesn't. But you? It's like you have this impenetrable wall around you that no matter how hard I try, I can't break through. You like to go through life pretending that everything's fine, and it's not. You act like nothing gets to you, and it's a lie. It's all bullshit. The shit I've had to find out about you from your parents and your sister and your friends. Things you should have told me!"

"Tyson I-"

"Were you ever gonna tell me you spent time in a psychiatric hospital? That you were bulimic?!"

Teddi was visibly shaking. It was all she could do to not crumble to the ground. Never in her life had she felt so violated by someone's words. Each syllable like a thrashing whip across her skin.

"As long as we've been together, I've never seen you struggle, you barely even let me see you cry. We're supposed to be trying to start a family, and I don't even know who it is I'm sleeping next to. But I bet JC fuckin' Chasez knows it all. I bet he can create a Teddi Windsor encyclopedia. Hell, a Teddi Windsor National Library!"

"Tyson, stop it!" Teddi shouted

"Stop what Teddi? I'm just telling you the truth, stop trying to run from it!"

"Tyson you have no idea what you're talking about."

"I'm not an idiot, Teddi. I can see it in your eyes. I saw it that night at the engagement party, the way you two looked at each other, it was unmistakable," Tyson said sadly. "I thought- I thought that when we got back together, that you were over him. I convinced myself that you didn't have feelings for him. Damn, I'm such an idiot."

"Tyson, I want to be with you," Teddi pleaded, tears streaming down her face.

"Because for whatever reason, you can't have JC," Tyson replied bitterly. "I don't want to be the one you settle for."

"Tyson, I am not settling. I am making a choice to be with you. I choose you!"

"You are choosing to settle. That may be okay for you, but I don't want to settle, Teddi."

"Tyson, that's not true."

"Dammit Teddi it is. Can't you see? I've fought and I've fought to be the guy for you. I waited for six years for you to come back to me. Six years! And I still have to share you with JC. I can't fucking compete with that. This is tearing me apart. Constantly wondering what you're doing with him when you're in the studio, or if you're alone with him at his house. Wondering if you're being faithful. I'm going crazy, here. I don't even know who I am anymore." Tyson was crying.

Teddi watched Tyson and it felt like she watching the demolition of a historic landmark. The pain in his eyes ripped her to the core, and it was all her fault. "Tyson, please..." words wouldn't come to her. "If you just-I can-I promise tha-"

"No more promises Teddi. I'm done."

I'm done. He was walking away from her both literally and figuratively. Teddi started following down the stairs. "Tyson don't do this," she pleaded. Once she reached the bottom of the steps, she reached out for his wrist. He spun around and locked eyes with her.

"Look me in they eye and tell me that you're not in love with him," Tyson demanded.

Teddi stared back at him. There was silence between them. Teddi opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. She couldn't do it. She'd already hurt Tyson enough. She couldn't add insult to injury by looking him in the eye and lying to him. It would be too cruel.

"I guess I have my answer," Tyson said flatly. He grabbed his keys from the coffee table and headed for the door.

"TYSON!" Teddi cried, her voice reaching a deafening decibel. Frozen in place, she watched as he walked out the door and slammed it behind him. Feeling the walls enclose around her, her chest began to tighten, and she crumbled to the ground in a heap of tears. There she was once again, broken and alone.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Inspired by the song "All or Nothing" by O-Town

Song credit: 

You and Me- Lifehouse



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story