Summer 2015

"Hey, I'm heading out now," Teddi said into her cell phone.

"Already? I thought you had an interview," Autumn replied.

"It got pushed back to next week," Teddi explained. She cradled her phone between her ear and shoulder as she wheeled her suitcase out of her front door. She tossed her keys to her sister Tori who was still in the foyer. " What's wrong?" Tori caught the keys, picked up her duffel bag and slung the long black strap over her shoulder.

"Nothing's wrong, I just didn't expect you to leave so early."

"Well, the quicker we get there the better. By the time we get there it'll be sunset. I tried calling Josh, but he won't answer his phone." Tori followed behind Teddi and locked the door behind her. She passed the keys back to her sister. Teddi pressed a button on her key remote to unlock the trunk of her light blue Audi convertible. She and Tori both secured their luggage in the trunk and got in the car. Teddi in the driver's seat, and Tori in the passenger seat.  

"That's because I'm staring at his phone. He's out on the beach with Matt playing football."

"Of course, he is," Teddi replied. She inserted her key into the ignition and turned on the car. "Tell him I'm on my way." Teddi let the rooftop down. She smiled, feeling the warmth of the golden California sun beam down on her shoulders.

"Will do," Autumn replied. "See you in a few."

Autumn tapped the red end button on her phone screen and whipped around. "Teddi is on her way!"

"What? Already?!" JC exclaimed, his eyes wide.

"Her interview got pushed back to next week!"

"Shit!"

"We gotta hustle," Matt said.

"Hello, I'm pregnant. I can only go so fast," Autumn replied, waddling around the living room.

"Did she say how far out she was?" JC asked, as he climbed a ladder.

"She said that she and Tori were just heading out."

"Can you keep track of the time?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, and I'll keep watch," Autumn replied.

"This has to be perfect," JC sighed.

"Don't worry," Autumn assured him. "It will!"

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hmmm, I love California!" Tori sighed. She closed her eyes, and leaned her head against the headrest, feeling the breeze against her skin as they floated down the freeway.

"I'm telling you Tor, you should mover out here." Teddi urged, keeping her eyes focused on the road. For the past few years, she's been trying to convince her sister to relocate, but to no avail. They hardly ever got to spend time together, so she was grateful that Tori was able to join them for a weekend getaway at she and JC's beach house in La Jolla.

"Not a whore's chance in Heaven," Tori smirked.

"Ugh, you are so annoying!"

Tori laughed at her younger sister. She leaned forward and turned up the radio. "I wanna be your lover!" Tori sang- off key- to the Prince song.

"Now we know why I'm the singer, and you're the management analyst!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Well, I didn't think we could get it done."

"You're too overanalytical Josh," Autumn said. She watched as the two men put the finishing touches on the decorations and finished rearranging the furniture. She was relaxed on the sofa, with her feet propped onto the coffee table.

"I only get one shot at this," JC replied.

"Yeah, if you're lucky!" Matt quipped.

JC and Autumn shot him a look.

"Bad timing?" Matt winced.

"Matt, shut up. JC don't listen to him. Just relax, and everything will be perfect."

JC heard his ringtone and raced to the kitchen where his phone lay on the counter. "Ted."

"Hey Babe, Tori and I are about twenty minutes away!"

"Okay," JC replied, his voice clipped.

"Are you okay?" Teddi asked.

"Yeah, no I'm fine, see you soon. Love you."

"Love you too, Babe."

JC hung up the phone and raced into the living room. "She's on her way," he called to Matt and Autumn.

"How far out is she?" Matt asked.

"She said twenty minutes," JC replied.

"Well, it's time," Autumn smiled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"We made it," Teddi said, as she pulled up to the beach house.

"This is it?" Tori asked stunned. She stared in awe as she took in the gorgeous  three story, six-thousand square foot Mediterranean villa. The beautiful glow of the orange and purple sunset provided a stunning backdrop.  

"Yep. Nuestra casa!" Teddi nodded, raising the rooftop, and shutting off the car. If someone had told her a year-and-a-half ago that she and JC would own not one, but two homes together, she would have laughed in their face. It was amazing how fast things could change. After Matt and Autumn's wedding, JC and Teddi decided to make it official. Despite their initial agreement to things slow, they realized that they had already taken things slow. Too slow. Six weeks later, JC asked Teddi to move in. A few months later, and they were buying a home together. The beach house wasn't in their plan, but after spending a romantic weekend in the villa, they decided they couldn't part with it.

"Let's go," Teddi smiled, nudging her sister, and unfastening her seat belt. Both she and Tori exited the car. Tori headed toward the trunk to retrieve her duffel bag. "Leave the bags, I'll have JC and Matt come down and get them." Teddi rounded the car and stepped onto the sidewalk. "C'mon, I wanna show you around!" She took her sister by the hand and led her up the stairs of the beach house. Once at the front door, Teddi pulled on the heavy brass handle to open it. Stepping into the foyer, she didn't recognize the house. "What?" She gasped at the sight before her.

"Go on," Tori urged. She bit down on her bottom lip, forcing herself not to smile.

Teddi looked down and saw the trail of red and pink rose petals. She followed them throughout the house. The trail led her to the living room. The lights were dimmed, and ornate candles illuminated the darkness. Teddi turned slowly and took in the sight before her. The living room was filled with bouquets of red and pink roses and strings of white lights hung from the ceiling. The room  had been completely transformed into a JC and Teddi exhibit. The walls were covered with pictures of the two of them throughout the years. They had been blown up and filtered in black-and-white. JC and Teddi during their first studio session, JC and Teddi at the Grammys. Teddi with JC in Orlando for his birthday. JC and Teddi singing together at Matt and Autumn's wedding.

"Oh. My. God." Teddi panted, the sight rendering her breathless. Her heart pounded in her ears, and she could feel every nerve in her body. She turned to Tori who was grinning from ear to ear. "D-did you know about this?"

Tori nodded.

"Follow the rose petals to the back door."

Teddi slowly made her way to the kitchen, she willed herself to breathe. Her hands began to shake uncontrollably, and her limbs were threatening to go numb. Once in the kitchen, Teddi walked to the back door, and pulled back the sliding glass. She stepped onto the patio and followed the trail of rose petals that led her down the stairs and onto the white sand of the beach. Where the rose petals ended, a walkway lit with candles on either side began. Teddi's eyes followed the walkway, where JC was waiting for her at the other end.

As Teddi started down the walkway, she heard the familiar notes of her favorite song. She looked behind her to find Autumn, Matt, and Tori on the patio. Autumn was operating their stereo system, and Marc Anthony began to serenade her with You Sang to Me. "Go ger your man!" Autumn shouted over the music.

Teddi made her way to JC, fighting back tears with each step. It seemingly took forever to reach him, and all she wanted was to finally get to him. He looked like a dream in his black V-neck, slacks, and black wingtip shoes. By comparison, Teddi felt underdressed in her Old Navy cotton sundress, Havaiana flip flops, and her hair pulled back into a ponytail. After what felt like an eternity Teddi finally reached JC. He was surrounded by bouquets of white, pink, and red roses.

"C'mere Baby," JC called to her. He reached his hand out, and she took it. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. JC brought his hand up to her face, and gently wiped her tears away, and caressed the sides of her face. "Why are you crying?" He whispered, looking into her eyes.

"Because I'm so in love with you, it's out of control," Teddi said breathlessly. He leaned his forehead against hers, and their noses touched. She breathed, taking him in. Taking the moment in. Overwhelmed with emotion, her heart was overflowing. JC's lips met hers and he kissed her slowly and passionately. Teddi lifted her arms, and propped them onto JC's shoulders, clasping her hands behind his neck. After a while, he broke their kiss.

"Teddi, do you know what today is?" JC watched as Teddi's eyebrows knit together and confusion etched onto her face.

"July 12th?"

JC let out a hearty laugh. "It's five years to the day that you told me you loved me."

"Oh," Teddi replied flatly.

"I know that night is not exactly on my Josh Chasez Highlight Reel. I should've been honest with you that night Teddi. God, I've wasted so much time denying my feelings for you. If I had just spoken up in the car that night, I could have saved us both a lot of heartache and pain."

"Josh I-"

"No Babe, I need to finish this," JC said before taking a deep breath. "For a long time, I was afraid; Afraid to take the next step with you. For over ten years, you've been one of my best friends, and the thought of us not working out, and me potentially losing you forever scared the shit out of me. So, I was paralyzed with fear. I would have rather kept you as a friend just so you would stay in my life. Do you know when I first saw you as more than a friend?"

"When?" Teddi asked, searching his eyes.

"That night at your apartment when we danced to You and Me by Lifehouse. I can't explain it, but it's like a switch flipped inside of me, and over the course of the next few months I began to fall for you," JC explained.

"Josh, that was nine years ago!"

"I know," JC sighed. "And so, I continued to bury my feelings. In the beginning, I was so confused, because you'd always been like my little sister. But suddenly, you were growing into this incredible woman before my eyes. I convinced myself that I wasn't in love with you, to the point that I actually believed it. And then you got back with Tyson. It nearly killed me to see you planning your future with him. I wanted to be the one you planned a future with. I've been so stupid and so blind for so many years and it almost cost me you Teddi. I am so sorry, Baby. Sorry that I didn't see how glaringly obvious it was that you were it for me. I'm so sorry that I took your love for granted Teddi, but I promise to never take you for granted again."

JC reached into his back pocket and pulled out a small wine-colored velvet box. He dropped down onto one knee. Teddi began to cry all over again. JC opened the box to reveal a five carat, platinum halo ring; the large diamond, surrounded by smaller diamonds, and the band also paved in diamonds. "So, will you spend forever with me, Baby? Teddi Elizabeth Windsor, can I change your last name to Chasez?"

Teddi nodded as she choked back more tears. "I've been waiting for this moment forever," she whispered. "I am never letting you go." She stilled her hand and tried to stop it from shaking as JC slid the ring onto her left ring finger. He stood up again and pulled Teddi in for another kiss.

"Good," JC moaned in between kisses. "'Cause you're never getting rid of me Baby!"

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story