Author's Chapter Notes:

Short but sweet

Deana padded quietly back into the other bedroom, getting back into bed. 


“Middle of the night session?” Danielle asked, startling Deana. 


“Yeah…”


“Good for you.  I only figured cuz your side of the bed was empty and I can see right into the bathroom. I didn’t hear a sound…”


“Yeah, we did this when Joey crashed while we were in Vegas.”


“I couldn’t be more proud, not letting me stop you.  Just sorry you had to be quiet.”


“We’re not, it’s pretty fucking hot…” she whispered. 


“Duly noted…” 


“Eww, please tell me I didn’t just give you ideas for with my brother…”


“Get some sleep, sounds like you need it after what you just did…” Dani teased. 



Justin ordered room service the following morning, letting the girls sleep in a bit. 


Deana got up first, a cup of tea sitting waiting for her on the counter. 


“Good morning, babe,” she said softly. 


“Did you sleep well?” he asked. 


“Once I went back to bed, yes,” she smiled. 


“Does Danielle know?”


“Only cuz she was awake when I came back to bed and put two and two together. It would’ve worked though, she said she didn’t hear anything.”


“That’s probably the last time we’ll have for a bit. Tonight after the show and tomorrow I need to decompress, just sleep and relax.  I have a fairly busy day planned for you girls before the show, so no time there.  Heads up, wait until you get to the dressing room to do any makeup…”


“Mental note made. Thank you again for bringing her here. I’m glad I’ve made new friends, but I was really missing her.”


“I know. I wanted this transition period to be a little smoother for you, and figured she would help be that bit of normalcy when everything is changing again.”


Danielle came out, and they all ate breakfast together. 


“What’s your day usually like? Seeing as I’ve never been on tour with a famous pop star.”


“Well, today is a little different. I have some stuff planned for you girls. You both get whatever treatments you want from the spa, get nails or hair done, whatever you want.”


“I think he likes you…” Danielle laughed. 


“You sure? I dunno, maybe he’s just being nice…” Deana laughed back. 


“Is this what your girls’ day was like when we first met?” Justin asked. 


“Everything we did, I kept telling her ‘he likes you, normal people don’t do this for friends’.  She still wasn’t sure by the end of the night, it took weeks before you guys figured shit out.”


“You really didn’t know?” 


“You kept using the word ‘friend’, and I’d had lots of times where things would happen that I took as romantic gestures and guys would be like ‘yeah, no, I’m just being nice’ or whatever.  I was afraid you didn’t like me that way and didn’t want to get my hopes up.”


“But seriously, paying for your brunch, going to a spa, a musical, buying you dinner and junk food, all in one day, and nothing clicked?”


“I didn’t want to get hurt again. You’re fucking hot and I well, I wasn’t. I’m feeling more confident now, but it still hasn’t fully processed that someone like you would be interested in someone like me.”


“Well, I’m glad we figured that out, cuz I definitely was interested. Now I don’t just LIKE you, I LOVE you.”


“If I were to dye my hair, what color should I go with?” Deana asked. 


“I like the brown, maybe add a touch of red to it? I dunno, I like it how it is. They can just style it if that’s all you want. Have fun, have some lunch, come back here to get dressed or change in my dressing room, and we’ll have a great night.”


The girls headed down to the spa, picking the different services they wanted. They did massages, facials, got pedicures, and got their hair done. Deana dyed her hair and got a trim, along with a hair treatment after, while Danielle just went for a hair treatment and a blowout. Deana was excited that she could go wherever she wanted with Danielle because Justin wasn't there attracting attention. 


They got back up to the room, deciding to get ready upstairs and surprise Justin when they got to his dressing room.   They got dressed, did hair and makeup, and were soon down kicking on Justin’s door. 


They entered, and his eyes went wide, but soft. “Baby, you look BEAUTIFUL.  I love the outfit, your hair is perfect, I love it. You look relaxed, refreshed, confident in that amazing outfit. I still remember you wearing it for my birthday.”


Deana wore the black shirt more like a dress, especially after losing weight. They bought a belt to show off her waist, Deana not bothering to wear the leggings she’d worn in January.  She had the jewelry he bought her, and sexy black heels. She knew she could handle them since she’d be sitting at the bar most of the time.


They had a quick bite of food with Justin before going out to the bar. 



Justin sat in his dressing room, surprisingly nervous. After tonight, everything changes. Being on tour was exciting, but can we handle being back to boring? I know I have some things planned for us, but even that is low key compared to the last 2 months.


He pulled out his phone. Is everything set for tomorrow morning?


Yes, Justin. Does she have any clue?

 

No. I haven’t mentioned anything yet. Even once I do, she’ll have no idea what’s happening. I know she hates surprises, but this is one she’ll thank me for by tomorrow night.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story