They were in Memphis, spending a couple days with Lynn and Paul before going on to Europe. They unpacked certain things like toiletries, clothes they planned to wear. 


Justin’s phone rang.  “Hey Tim, what’s up? How’s it going?”


“It’s good. I hear you’re in Memphis right now.”


“Close enough, yeah.”


“I had an idea for a song, can we meet at the studio, do dinner and drinks and shit after?”


“Yeah. I’ve got Deana with me though…”


“Bring her along, for dinner after. I wanna finally meet the woman that’s got you almost hypnotized.”


“You say that like it’s a bad thing…”


“I just haven’t met her yet, but she’s all you talk about.”


“We’ll fix that tonight.”


“See you in an hour?”


“Yeah. See you soon.”


Deana looked at him. “Who are you meeting up with?”


“Timbaland, he wants to hit the studio. Then he wants to meet you, go out for dinner and drinks.”Then he wants to meet you, go out for dinner and drinks.”


“We just got here, but work calls. I’ll find something to do, I’m sure.”


“In a few days, it’ll just be you and me, traipsing through Europe…”


“While you play golf.”


“There will be plenty for you to do, plenty of alone time for us.  Suites with balconies overlooking the city, chateaus in the middle of nowhere, all places I want to be, with YOU.  If we have some romantic interludes, well, then, so much the better.”


“Say what you really mean, Justin… I know you.”


He laughed.  “Fine, I try to class it up a bit and get knocked down.  I’m gonna make sweet love to you and fuck you six ways to Sunday in every single city we visit.  Is that better?”


“It’s more honest…”


“The other wasn’t a lie.  We’ll have all of those, places I thoroughly plan to take advantage of.  Show you a love you’ve never seen before.  It’ll be romantic, it’ll be sexy, it’ll be US, together.  With that, I gotta go.  I’ll be back to get you later.  Nothing fancy, just casual.  You know how it is here.  Oh, tonight, I’m playing the long game…” he whispered the last line in her ear, tracing the shell of her ear with his nose, quickly licking her earlobe before kissing her cheek.  


Fuck, he’s good.


She sat on the couch, scrolling through her Facebook. She tried to avoid Instagram unless she’s posting, so she doesn’t read the comments people posted. If there was anything she needed to see, usually Danielle let her know, she would just scroll through pictures and try not to look at the comments on her posts or anything with Justin.  She could only handle so many people commenting saying they wanted him.


Deana thought of the podcast Dani had told her about. She did a quick search on *NSYNC podcasts, remembering the picture she had sent in the link. She didn’t want to go through the thousands of texts between them and now, pretty sure she had the right one. 


She listened, laughing at how funny the hosts were, so relatable. Dani was right, it was like listening to themselves as teens talking about the guys. These days would be very different, considering her relationship status. 


She binged on the first few episodes, hearing from the girl who made the viral meme Justin had finally accepted. She loved that it was just them talking, no ads or anything taking up time. She appreciated it for what it was, two best friends talking about their favorite band. It was fun hearing updates on what the guys were doing based on pictures on social media and such. 


She picked up her phone.  Hey, hope I’m not interrupting anything, given the time difference.


I’m at work, but I can answer off and on.


How are you and JC doing?


We’re good.  You guys?


Good.  Not gonna lie, I’ve been embarrassing myself lately thinking Justin is trying to propose.


It’s only been 7 months?  JC and I just hit 6.  I get it though.  Once you find your happily ever after, you want it NOW.  Have you guys talked about it?


Over and over.  Every time I think it’s gonna happen.  He actually asked me not to talk about it, the proposal, getting married.  


Do you think he’s changed his mind?


No, he’s just got a lot on his plate and doesn’t want more stress.  He told me it’ll happen before my brother’s wedding in February, so I know that at least.  But he also said it’ll happen when I’m not expecting it.


Well, at least there’s a time frame.


Hey, do you talk to the other girls, Karly, Izzy?  I’m guessing you guys and Michael and Lance are close given you’re both near LA…


I’m closer with Lance and Michael, yeah.  I talk to the other girls on occasion, but it’s not like we’re besties or anything.  I think because the guys are all spread out, not really together anymore, there isn’t that connection between all of us.  Where our guys are all on tour, taking us with them, or not, and having this shared experience.  It’s normally if they come here or we happen to visit, which that happens more with Joey cuz JC’s family is still in Florida.  


Justin wants me to have more friends, but I feel like it’s forced.  I’ve had everyone’s numbers for weeks now, and nothing, from them or me.  


Everyone’s busy with stuff.  It doesn’t mean anything necessarily.  I feel there’s more of a connection for us because of our guys, the amount of people that would love to take our place.


Yes!  Justin took me to a club a while back, and the girls in the bathroom were saying how they’d love to take my spot once he’s done with me…


Did you tell Justin?


Yeah.


And?


Honestly?


Yeah…


He told me not to listen to anyone but family and friends, and even then, to only listen to him about our relationship.  Then he fucked my brains out.  Sorry for being a bit graphic, but it’s the truth.


It’s a bit surreal, isn’t it?  Having these sex symbols interested in us, virtual nobodies they plucked from obscurity.  I understand why JC stays out of the limelight these days, all the hatemongers.  He can handle it about him, he’s been getting it since they started.  But when people go after me, it bothers him.  He’s trying to protect me from it all.  


Same with Justin.  I don’t have the thick skin he does about things, I’m not part of the business, where you get used to rejection and negativity and let it glide off your back.  


I gotta go, I have a meeting in a bit, but it was good talking to you.  Please feel free to text me, I mean it.


I’ll try.  We’re heading to Europe soon, not sure how that whole thing works with our phones and whatever.  Maybe Instagram chat or something?


Whatever you need.  I follow your private page if that helps at all.


Thanks.  Talk to you later.


She listened to a couple more episodes of the podcast, enjoying the sense of nostalgia she was feeling, remembering how she felt back then, and laughing at where her life was now.  She heard the front door, immediately closing the podcast.  


“Good day in the studio?” Deana asked.


“Great.  Some really good stuff.  Not sure where it’s gonna go, but you never know.  I mean, last week I was working with Lizzo, that was crazy.  You just never know who wants to collaborate, what inspiration hits, it’s kind of incredible sometimes…”


“Not just in the music community.  You kinda described us.  No one would have ever put us together, but here we are, pretty fucking incredible…”


“When you’re right, you're right.  What did you do all day?  Sorry I just left you here.”


“It’s fine.  I found some things to do, I talked to Jen for a bit.”


“That’s great.”


“When are we going out?  Should I start getting ready?”


“We’ve got some time, nothing good around here happens til after dark, at least not for music.  They want to hit up BB King’s, see who’s playing.  If you’re hungry, we can eat here, not too much, but enough so you’re not starving before going out at like 10.”


“We’ve got plenty of time then.  I’m good for now,” she answered.


He sat next to her on the couch.  “What were you thinking?”


“Live out one of your lyrics.  I know it’s late o’clock, and we’ve been kissing for hours…” she sang.


“You can bet we'll still be up when the moon wakes up the sun…” he laughed.


They both were wanting the long game, the build up to what was bound to be an amazing night once they got home.  They kissed, slow and sweet, no rush, slowly upping the intensity.  Tongues danced in and out of mouths, hands gently wandering.  Soon, hands were lingering in places, digging in a little as kisses moved from lips to necks and back, tongues darting back and forth between each other.  Hands going under clothing, touching each other, eliciting moans from one another.  Slowly, they started decreasing the intensity, never reaching a release, until they were back kissing soft and sweet and slow.


“I want you so bad,” Justin breathed in her ear.


“We still have time.  You want me, take me…” she purred.


“You know that’s not how the long game works…”


“I know, but sometimes you just have to give in.”


“I love when you talk like this, so in control of your desire, that power you have over me.  You want me, but you aren’t afraid to get me to the edge of something, then pull me back.  Just now, pulling me from the edge of wanting to just strip you down and blow off everyone else.  To touch you, the way only I can, pull sounds from your mouth no one else knows about.”


“God, you know how to make a girl want you.  Tonight is gonna be so hot.  I think I know just the thing to wear tonight.  I am starting to get a bit hungry, I think I’ll just have some cereal or something, save going out for REAL food, especially here.”


“I’m not gonna change, but if you want to change, go ahead.”


She went to the bedroom, pulling out what she wanted.  She got dressed, spraying her perfume in more select areas instead of overall.  She pulled her hair into a low ponytail, cascading over her collarbone.  No makeup, she had no one to impress.  They either liked her or not.


She walked out, wearing shorts, and Justin’s flannel over a black tank top. The top button was undone, but the following 2 on his flannel were buttoned, sleeves rolled up. She had her black ankle boots on, looking pretty country. 


“Babe, it’s like 85 degrees, are you gonna be ok?”


“I’ll be fine, the sun’s not out so it’ll be fine.”


They drove into Memphis, meeting the crew at a table on the balcony. They ordered food, enjoying the music while having some drinks. 


Justin officially introduced her to Tim, making small talk on how they met. The night wore on, Deana getting warm in Justin’s flannel. He watched as she unbuttoned the flannel. 


“I told you you’d get hot in that thing,” he said. 


“Trust me, it’s about to get hotter…” she purred. She took off the flannel, revealing the tank top underneath. It had semi wide straps, but criss crossed in the front, giving Justin a spectacular view of her breasts. 


He stared from the corner of his eye, his hand on her thigh. “You’re playing the long game like a PRO,” he chuckled quietly. 


“I play to win,” she smiled. 


Justin scooted closer to her, putting the flannel over her lap. He ran a hand down her shorts.  “So do I. Let’s see how still you can stay…”


She looked at him, her eyes wide. “Here? Now? In front of everyone?” she whispered. 


“You know the rules. Whenever you want me to stop, I will.”


She swallowed hard as he circled her clit, doing her best to cover his arm with hers and the flannel. At first it was somewhat easy to ignore, but as he kept going, she found herself biting her lip or gripping the chair firmly. Her legs spread wider under the cover of the flannel. She hummed to the music to disguise her rising feelings. 


Justin smiled, watching how well she was doing. She felt her first wave bubbling to the surface, turning her face to kiss Justin, sucking on his tongue as she released. 


“I’ll be right back,” she whispered. “I need to clean up.”


“Don’t you dare unless absolutely necessary. Do what you need to do.  Hurry back, or I might have to go find you…”

 

Maybe that’s my plan, she thought to herself. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story