“You still have no clue?” Jonathan asked in surprise. 


“Something always comes up feeling wrong. I don’t know what it is. I know she’s gonna say yes, but still, I need it to be perfect.”


“Maybe you’re putting too much pressure on yourself.”


“How did you propose to Dani?”


“Well, the whole thing with Paul messed things up. I’d planned on proposing, then Dani took off, mad at me and Deana. Once she came back, we went to dinner, and I asked before she could leave again. I didn’t have the ring on me, but she got it when we got home. It’s weird telling you this cuz it’s gonna be my sister, but engagement sex is pretty fucking hot.”


Justin laughed. “I’m sure it will be, and you really don’t wanna know about it.”


“No, but Dani will want every detail.”


“Yeah, I don’t think Deana is exactly the kiss and tell type, not like that.”


“Thank GOD.  I don’t need to know, and Dani will let something slip. I know too much as it is.”


“I’m afraid to ask.”


“Let’s say there’s stuff we hadn’t done that she suddenly wanted to try. I can only assume, and if rather not think about it.”


“You really didn’t have the ring with you when you proposed?”


“Neither did our dad. They worked together, and he proposed at 2AM in a Denny’s…”


“Yeah, definitely not doing that,” Justin laughed. 


“You’re putting too much pressure on it. If you’re in no rush, the perfect opportunity will present itself.”


“Thanks, man.  I’ll swing by later this week to pick up the ring.”


“Good luck, man.”


Justin sighed heavily. Have I been putting too much pressure on it being absolutely perfect? I know I want v to have the ring when I do it, but I want the moment to mean something.


He checked on Deana, the bath water starting to cool. “It’s getting dark, you wanna watch the sunset before we get ready for dinner?”


“It’s just one thing after another today, isn’t it? Yeah, it’s gonna be tough to beat this next year.”


“You might be right, but I like a challenge.”


“Is that what I am, a challenge?” she asked.


“I feel like this is a trap…”


“No.  Though I admit, even a year in, you and me, it still doesn’t make sense.”


“How?”


“The physical stuff.  You’re well, you, and I’m, well, me.  Yeah I clean up nice with makeup and nice clothes, but how you fall for me in the every day, no makeup, I have no idea.”


“Even with all the hard work you’ve put into losing weight, you still don’t see it.  Yeah, I saw you when you had makeup on at karaoke, so maybe by the time I got to see you without all that, I was in love, but who cares?  I love you, all of you.  I loved you then, I love you now.  Baby…”


“I’m sorry.  I’m ruining our day.  Let’s just enjoy the sunset.”


He held her close, looking at the sky out the window.  He wanted to tell her so many different things, how much he loved her, spend the rest of his life with her, but if she’d cut him off just now, she’d likely do it again before he could get the words out.  He knew he had told her not to expect it on a special night, but he was wanting to change his mind, to take advantage of the romantic feel for the day.  


The sun had set, the light fading into darkness.  They got dressed, Deana wearing the black and pink floral dress from Florence, Justin in a dark, steel grey suit.  They got in their private car, heading not far away. 


They pulled up to the restaurant, the sign lit, reading “Morini”.  They looked over the menu, ordering appetizers and 3 entrees, along with wine and a couple drinks. 


“That way we can try a little bit of everything. Do we want to do presents while we wait for our food?” he asked. 


“If you want. I have yours in my purse.”  Justin smiled, Deana reaching for her purse on the chair. She handed him a small box.


He opened it, seeing cuff links and a tie clip.  “Thanks baby,” he said, giving a quick glance.


“Really look at them,” she encouraged. On each piece was a heart with her initials inside, in her handwriting. “This way, I can always be with you even if I can’t.”


“Baby, I knew you’d give me something thoughtful. Thank you.”


“You really like it?” she asked nervously. 


“Yes, really, thank you.  Now it’s your turn.”


He pulled a box out of his jacket. Deana opened it carefully, her eyes widening, but soft. “It’s a beautiful copy, so carefully handled.”  It was another version of The Secret Garden, care worn around the edges, but otherwise in great condition. 


“It’s a first edition.  I figured this way you had one as a keepsake, the other to read.”


Tears formed in the corner of her eyes.  “Baby, this is amazing. I love it. I’ll cherish it forever.”


He took her hand in his, running his thumb along the back of her hand. “I love you,” he smiled softly. 


“I love you, too.  Happy anniversary, baby.”


“Happy anniversary,” he said, raising his glass of whiskey. They clinked their glasses, enjoying the food as things came out. Each item an indulgence, Deana started thinking about how hard she’d have to work out the next few days.


“Don’t,” he said.


“What?”


“You’re thinking about how unhealthy this all is.  It’s one night, our anniversary for Christ’s sake, it’ll be fine.”


“How…?”


“You went from enjoying the food, this moment, to a more serious, thoughtful expression.  Worried, that’s more of the word I’m looking for.  I know you’ve worked so hard, but PLEASE don’t let one night make you freak out.  Then I start to worry about you.”


“Yeah?”


“Yeah.  With how prevalent weight issues and stuff are in my industry in particular, I see it more than you think.  You’re not even IN the industry, but being linked to me is having a similar effect.  You want to look good for me, and for the cameras.  It’s fine to want to be healthy, but I don’t want it to be an obsession.  Do it for YOU, not anyone else.  Do I need to sing you some Billy Joel again?


“I wouldn’t say no.  Dani thinks you should’ve gone with Bruno Mars, but I thought it would make you too recognizable.”


“Bruno Mars doesn’t share your birthday…”


“You know everything, don’t you?” she smiled.


“Only when it comes to my beautiful woman… You let it slip in conversation once.  Billy Joel and Candace Bergen, who are basically the only people I know when I looked up people worth actually knowing that have your birthday.  The rest was a list of I’m guessing people on YouTube or Instagram.  Fuck, am I getting that old that I don’t know who the new celebrities are?” he laughed.


“If you can even call them that… If you don’t know who they are, I doubt I would.  Still, very cute, thoughtful, romantic that you remembered something so mundane most people wouldn’t care about.”


“It’s you, I care about everything you say, no matter how big or small.”


“You always know the right thing to say,” she smiled. 


“Hey, I also can put my foot in my mouth with the best of ‘em…” he laughed.


“Hey, we’re BOTH good at that.”


“Let’s finish, take the leftovers home, and end our anniversary right…”


“Dessert?”


“Something like that, sure…” he laughed.


They got into the car and headed home.  Justin put the leftovers in the fridge while Deana went to the bedroom.  Justin walked through the doorway of the bedroom, seeing Deana sitting on the edge of the bed.


“You watched me put it on, now it’s time you took it off,” Deana purred.


“Unwrap my favorite present,” Justin said.


She stood, feeling his lips on hers, soft, gentle kisses as he started removing her dress.  He moved slowly, no rush, extending the intimacy of the moment.  


He moved the dress down her back, unhooking her bra in the process, running his hands around the curves of her breasts to take everything off.  He moaned softly at the feel of her skin against his hands, how warm and smooth and soft she felt.  He’d felt it what seemed like a million times by now, but in this moment, it felt like the first.  His hands traced her curves, pulling her cheeky panties down her hips, until all her clothes fell softly to the floor.  His fingers took their time tracing back up her body, running his hands along the curve of her ass, softly cupping her breasts, before taking root in her hair.  


He started removing his own clothes, Deana helping with his shirt as he undid his pants, neither of them breaking their kiss.  The gentle sounds of the clothes falling to the floor, the warmth of their bodies against each other.


“I love you baby.  Happy anniversary,” he said, gently moving them onto the bed.


“I love you too,” she replied.  She knew now was not the time for a soliloquy.  


His hands were gentle against her skin, feeling every inch of her that he could, taking his time, as if it was their first time.  He thought back to the night they met, how intrigued he’d been by her, glad she asked him to walk her home.  He thought to the night of their first time, that rush they felt.  He knew it had been amazing, but almost wished it had been more like what they were doing now.  To ease her into things, but she knew what she was ready for.  Even now, he was careful of how he treated her, knowing she deserved every bit of love and respect he could give her.  


Her soft moans brought him back to the present, his body on autopilot as his mind wandered.  His lips left her mouth, slowly kissing her neck, down to the collarbone before descending on her breasts.  He took his time, kissing and gently nibbling on her body, enjoying her in the purest form.  His fingers traced down between her legs, slowly rubbing her clit.


“Justin,” she breathed out in a whisper.  His touch soft, sensual, almost calculated.  Moving against her slowly, her moans drawn out and lower than their usual lovemaking.  He was starting to understand what Jonathan was talking about, and he hadn’t even proposed.  He imagined this was what that night would be like, not cheapening a romantic moment with a romp.  


His slow torture of her body let her build up the ecstasy she was feeling, until she was in almost excruciating agony for release.  He kissed her inner thighs, his tongue slowly taking over where his fingers had.  Her moan caught in her throat, the pleasure she was holding onto seemed to grow tenfold in a matter of seconds.  It overpowered her, and she released in one long, soft moan of his name.  


He kissed her cheek, looking her in the eyes.  “I love you.”  The words seemed to take on new meaning, becoming their mantra for the night.


He gently entered her, his pace slow and careful.  They kissed, Justin fighting any urge to go faster, feeling both his love for her, but also his animal inside wanting her screaming for him.  He focused on the touches on his back, feeling her fingers press firmly against him, as if to hold him there forever.  Their breathing slow, starting to catch as they felt waves rise up within them.


Justin finally felt his wave rising within him, so close.  He continued his slow pace, never once speeding up, keeping a tempo in his head.  It felt like he was in a movie, the sex you saw in a romance movie, where the two characters connect on a deeper level, not just to release any tension.  Like this was what sex was supposed to be.  He focused on his love for her, her love for him, before releasing with a low groan.  


“I love you,” Deana said, kissing him again.


“I love you too, baby.”


“That was… perfect.  Someday I’ll learn your little secrets.”


“Someday I’ll tell you.”


“For now, I want to lay here, your skin against mine, thankful for a year together, looking ahead to many more.”

 

“THAT is the best present I could ever get,” he said.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story