“Ok, this is the last one on our shortlist. If you don’t like any of them, we’ll keep looking until we find something we like,” Justin said. 


“Ok. I’ve liked them all so far, for different reasons.”


“Go in with an open mind.”


A woman walked out of the front doors to greet them. “Hi, welcome to the Edison Ballroom! Let’s show you around and discuss what you’re thinking for your wedding and what all we can do.”


They walked inside, Deana seeing the huge main space. “This can be for ceremony, then do a cocktail hour upstairs while we change this to reception, it’s really up to you.”


“I’m loving how spacious it is,” Deana said.  “It really does let us do whatever we wanna do with the space. Is there a different area if we want to keep that just for reception? Where we can kinda hide this until later?”


“Unfortunately since it’s an open floor plan on the upper levels, it’s hard to keep things hidden. If you use it for ceremony and reception, most people won’t notice the turnover during cocktail hour.  It’s a very versatile space that you can do completely different looks for both so it’s like a whole new venue,” the woman said.


“That actually sounds kinda cool,” Deana said. “We could have flowers all over for one but gone for the other.”


“When are you planning on having the ceremony?”


“In the fall next year. To ensure some privacy, we’ll only give the exact date to whatever venue we choose,” Justin said. 


“Understandable,” she said. “We are filling up for next year, but we’ll hold any dates until we hear back one way or the other.  Obviously, we hope you choose us, but we understand.”


“I think we’ve seen enough for now to decide, right baby?” Justin asked. Deana nodded. “We’ll be in touch once we decide.”


They walked out of the building, Justin looking at Deana. “Well, what do you think? Now that it’s just us…”


“I think this is our venue…” Deana said with a smile. 


“I think so, too.”  He pulled her close. “I like the idea of it having completely different feels from ceremony to reception.”


“Sounds like it’ll be more expensive though…”


“Happy wife, happy life, right?” he smiled. 


“Let’s head home, I need to figure out our bridal party situation,” Deana said. 


They headed home, looking over different things at the kitchen table. 


“So I know Dani and Trace will be together, which will break her heart that she’s not with JC, but she’ll have to deal with it.  I have my sister, Renee, and Lizzy. I was thinking your brothers walk my sister down, then JC and Chris with Renee, Lance and Joey with Lizzy. I feel it’s gonna look lopsided, but I don’t have a lot of friends I feel are close enough. Not that are people you’ve met. 


“It’ll be fine, I’m sure. If that’s who you want up with us, that’s what will happen.”


“Is it weird to want it on a Friday so we can keep our anniversary the same? I’m not giving Chris the satisfaction of getting married on his birthday…”


“Yeah, that would go right to his head. He’d make our wedding into his birthday party, especially once he’s had a couple drinks. I think having it on our anniversary is perfect.”


“So we have our bridal party, our venue, and a date, things are coming along,” Deana smiled.


“Not bad for a week in.  Have you decided if you wanna do green or blue for our colors?”


“I was thinking blue, that way it feels like a different wedding than the one I’d planned with Morgan.  It lets me really plan for US, and it was my Gammy’s favorite color.”


“Which blue?” he asked. 


“TARDIS blue? I mean, everyone else would just think of it as a royal blue, but we’d know different.”


Justin chuckled softly. “Whatever my beautiful fiancée wants.”



Over the weekend, Deana’s phone blew up with calls and e-mails from designers reaching out to do her dress. It was overwhelming, trying to figure out which designer to go with. She’d never imagined she’d be the person every designer wanted to work with.  


“How do I figure this out, babe?” Deana asked, pushing the laptop away from her in frustration. “It’s just so overwhelming, I have at least 20 offers. I want everything to be perfect, but how do I know who to pick?”


“Maybe look up dresses each designer has made, and see which ones you’re drawn to most? Can I see who all has reached out?” He took the laptop, looking through the emails she had received. “Wow, you are quite the in demand bride, baby.”


“It’s because of YOU, not me,” she sighed, knowing how this all really worked. “If I was marrying any regular guy, I’d be beating down THEIR doors for a dress, not the other way around.”


“All I know is you are going to look amazing.”  “What if you didn't have to decide?”


“YOU’RE going to pick my designer?”


“No, you are.  We’re gonna play a game.”


“Ok…”


“Answer these questions honestly and as fast as you can.  Which do you like better, chocolate or vanilla?”


“Vanilla.”


“Which season is your favorite?”


“Spring.”


“Who do you want to design your dress?”


“David Tutera… I see what you did there,” Deana smiled.  “Phoebe would be proud that you used it for good.”


“So now we see if he has reached out, or reach out to him.”  As of that moment, he hadn’t reached out, but now that they knew that was who she wanted, they would see if he was available.


They called his main office, but he was with a bride at the boutique he partnered with, Mon Cheri Bridal.  Justin called the boutique.  The line rang and rang, Justin staying on the line.


“Mon Cheri Bridal, this is Christina, how may I help you?” The voice on the other end said, bright and cheery.


“Yes, um, I’m looking for David Tutera, his office said he was there with a bride.”


“Yes, I believe he is.  What is this in regards to?”


“If he has a moment, I’d like to speak with him, my fiancee and I would like a consultation, or however this goes…” Justin said nervously.


“Certainly. Can I get a name and contact info so he can call you back?”


He put his phone on speaker.  “Yeah, you might want to just grab him in a minute…  So the name is Justin Timberlake, and my number is…”


“I’ll see if he’s available, Mr. Timberlake.  Can you hold?”


“That’s fine.”  He smiled.  Sometimes I like the urgency my name provides…


“Hello, this is David…” the other line picked up.  


“Yes, hi.  I suddenly feel very awkward, but my name is Justin Timberlake…”


“I heard you just got engaged, congratulations!” David replied.


“Thank you.  Well, out of all the designers that have reached out, my fiancee really wants YOU to design her dress…”


“Well, I am absolutely honored.”


“Hi, fiancee here, my name is Deana,” she said.


“Hello Deana, how are you dear?”


“I’m a little nervous, hoping you are able to help with my perfect dress…”


“When’s the wedding?”


“Next October.  October 30th.”


“Call my office to double check with my assistant, but I think I have some openings for that far ahead.  If you are choosing me, I certainly want to make it work.”


“I was a fan of your show, it’s kinda been my dream ever since…”


“Well, you have a wonderful man, let’s get you the perfect dress.  Justin, call my office again and my assistant will get details and such from you and we’ll set up our first meeting with Deana soon.  I’m touched that you reached out, thank you very much.  I do have another bride waiting, but it was great to talk to you.”


“Ok, why am I wanting to freak out more over what just happened than I remember freaking out when I found out you were you?” Deana laughed.


“Because now you’re used to it being me.  Someday, you’ll look back and forget how nervous and excited you were.  We have a designer for your dress.  Maybe start looking at previous designs of his to find styles, whatever you want included so he doesn’t have to come up with it from scratch?  I’m sure you had some idea of what you wanted your wedding dress to look like…”


“I can show you the exact dress.  I wanted the dress based on seeing a friend wear it at her wedding, then another friend asked if it was ok if she got the dress since Morgan and I had split up.”  Deana pulled out her phone, showing Justin pictures of her friends wearing the dress.  It was a strapless A line dress, with intricate beading along the bodice, with a stripe of green fabric across the neckline of the dress.  It had a corset back, the fabric the same color leading to wider bands with beading flowing down the back of the dress. “I remember how beautiful it looked on my friend, and I was like “I want that dress.  That exact dress, and the same green for the wedding with Morgan.  My other friend got hers in red.”


“It’s nice, but it’s way too plain for you.  You deserve something that shows you off, you’re the bride for crying out loud.  You’re getting a custom made designer dress, don’t be afraid to stand out.  Don’t show me, you and Danielle can totally go over that yourselves, I wanna be surprised by what you come up with.  I’m glad you’re getting all these wonderful things to celebrate our marriage.  You got me to finally settle down.”


“Hey, you were ready before me, you just found the right woman to settle down WITH.”


“That I did, that I did.”


“Do we need a wedding planner?  I mean, I’m sure you know people for things like catering, transportation, DJs or bands for the reception…”


“This is different though.  It might help to have some fresh eyes, that does this for a living.  I know I have a florist that I get your flowers from, but bouquets just because for you is different than for a big wedding.  I can check with them, but I don’t want them to be overwhelmed by what we would need.”


“You mean with the bridal party bouquets, boutonnieres, and the flowers for ceremony or reception?  Which do we want, or a little of both?”


“Whatever you want.  I want to give you everything your heart desires, be as creative as you want.  It’s all coming from you, which means I’ll love it.”  He kissed her softly, fingers going into her hair.  “I love you.”

 

“I love you, too.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story