He raised his eyebrows in amazement, then turned more questioning. 


“What I felt just now, I haven’t felt that in a long time. It was a mix of things. The pleasure, oh my GOD, wow, but there was more. I felt SAFE. Like if I told you to stop, you would. I’m not fully ready for everything, but I’m getting there. Next time, I’m ok with hands going wherever, over or under clothes. I don’t go without a bra to tease you, but so it gives us more to work with. Clothes will stay on still, but hands can explore. I’m still not sure how I feel about touching you. I want to, but I’m scared I’ll slip back into old habits. Until now, I’d been afraid to embrace this side of me after everything that’s happened.”


I’m more than satisfied with what we’re doing now if you still want to wait. That was definitely super sexy, how you reacted to my touch. I just want it to be what you want. 


“I want you to touch me. That was amazing, I can’t imagine holding back anymore, only moving forward…”


Friday? Gives us lots of time to get used to what we like?


“Friday it is then. What are your plans for the holidays?”


I’ll be here, family will fly in. Can we text to find a few minutes to see each other on Christmas?  Not sure what all my family will want to do so I might not be able to see you much that week. We can text and things like normal. 


“What about New Year’s?”


I have something with a bunch of industry people, all formal and boring. But I have to be there.  Not something I want to subject you to. If we’re gonna get all dressed up, it’s gonna be just the two of us, not you sitting at a table while people pull me in a million directions. Not the first thing I wanna take you to. 


“Dani and my brother are having a party, a bunch of my friends will be there. It’d be better if you could come, but I’ll still have a good time.  I get what you mean about bringing me. I’d just be arm candy, and even then not what they expect…”


Fuck them and their expectations. They’re not part of our relationship, we know what we like about each other and that’s no one else’s business. You don’t seem to mind when we’re out at the bar. I know I don’t mind being seen with you. It’s getting late, let’s get some sleep before your alarm goes off. Same as last week, I wanna wake up so I can kiss you good morning and kiss you goodbye as I head home. 


“Who needs sleep when you’re a dream come true?” she sighed. 



 Deana’s alarm went off the next morning without fail. She took a quick shower while he woke up. She dressed for work and stepped out of the bathroom to find him sitting up in her bed. He patted her side of the bed, and she sat next to him. He pulled her close for a kiss, then signed “beautiful”.  


She blushed. “I love when you do that, but it’s a little embarrassing. I’m not sure why. I guess I’m still getting used to you liking me that way…”


Well, I think we’re past like at this point. Like, REALLY LIKE. You better get used to it cuz I definitely think you are a beautiful, sexy woman, and I’m glad you’re mine. 


“I’m yours, huh?” she teased. 


I’m yours, aren’t I? I’m not seeing anyone else, so I’m pretty sure about this…


She smiled. “Alright, I gotta get going or I’ll be late. You’re still ok doing the hot cocoa thing on Friday?  It’s supposed to rain so that would be perfect…”


I’m sure. Go grab a quick bite and I’ll be ready to go when you are. But after a quick kiss. 


She gave him a peck, he pulled her into a deep kiss before letting her go. She grabbed a waffle from the freezer and heated it up for something to eat on the way. Justin walked out soon thereafter, nuzzling her neck as she waited for her waffle. 


They walked to the door and downstairs together, kissing goodbye as they walked in opposite directions. 


The class greeted Deana as she entered the classroom, they were on the carpet for circle time. Deana watched them do calendar, counting days in school, letter sounds, before being ready for a story. The excitement for the winter break was palpable, the kids struggled to focus when with the more fun activities. 


At the beginning of snack recess, Deana and Ms. S. walked to the staff lounge. 


“I have to work on Friday, but Bruce will be bringing something for you and the kids. I’ll have him bring it by a little before recess, so around 9:45?”


“You’re so sweet, Deana.  I’m excited to meet him. I take it things are still going well?”


“Yeah.  I know going back to work gets closer every day, but we’ve been talking about moving in together once he comes back. He’s really sweet and I’m aware of how lucky I am every day.”


“He’s the lucky one, I’m sure he’d agree.”


...


Deana headed off to work, pulling her hair up as she walked, still reeling about the good feeling she had every week since meeting Justin.   Everything in her life was going well. School was done for the semester, one more to go before graduating. She loved her job; her coworkers, customers, especially seeing Justin recently. She had a great guy; she never thought she’d feel something this strong so soon, but was done fighting it. 


Everything was coming up Deana. She was in the middle of her shift when she saw the mobile order. Her heart fluttered just from the order. She started making his order, trying to stay calm. It has been nice to see him during his vocal rest, signs of life instead of holding up somewhere with no interaction with the outside world. 


She put his order up at the bar. He walked in, hands full with paper bags. She couldn’t see what was inside, only that he had one bag in each hand, transferring one bag to his other hand so he had a free hand to pick up his tea. 


Deana smiled at him, he smiled back, raising his cup in thanks before walking out. She imagined where he had gone shopping. Maybe some new clothes from an exclusive designer, something glamorous from somewhere she’d never heard of and could never afford. And yet, out of all the coffee shops he could go to, he chose hers. 



Justin opened his front door, rushing to the kitchen counter to put down the bags. He was waiting for a delivery, it would’ve been too much to carry all at once. He looked through the bags, making a list of what he’d bought versus what else he thought he needed. There wasn’t much else to buy until the day of, so he rewarded himself with a little TV time as he sipped his tea.


Friday is going to be amazing, she won’t see it coming, he thought.  Just amazing…



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story