Justin got home, showered, and looked in his closet.  He could easily dress up for his appointment and then get dinner and go back to Deana’s.  He opted for black pants, a steel gray dress shirt, and a black sport coat.  His driver was downstairs, ready to take him to his appointment.  Nothing in the City felt far, but he didn't need the extra attention.  He went downstairs and got into his car, his driver giving him a nod and a smile.  

They soon pulled down a side street.  The car stopped in front of a small shop, you might miss it if you blinked as you drove.  The purple door frame helped make it stand out a bit from the street.  Justin got out of the car and went into the store.  

He was greeted by an older woman.  “You’re here for your custom creation, yes?”  He nodded.  “Right this way, so we can have some privacy and get started on just what you want.”

He was taken to a back room, looking over the different choices they had in their inventory.  He spent a lot of time looking through things, before putting together the pieces he wanted.  

The woman smiled.  “Well done, well done.  I think whoever this is for will absolutely LOVE it…”  

He smiled.  I hope she does.  Why am I so nervous?

The woman went to work putting it together, and soon she was finished, putting it in a box, then inside a bag for him.  He paid and left, heading back to the car.  He was thankful it was on a less busy street, in a less busy part of town.  If it had been somewhere in Manhattan, he’d be making the front page of the tabloids.  He felt safe that no one was watching his steps.  

Now to wait for Christmas, he thought.  I can’t wait to see the look on her face…

He went next to his favorite Italian restaurant.  They wished he was dining in, especially dressed up like he was, but were still glad he came in just to take food to go.  He waited for the food to be ready.  Soon two big paper bags of food came out for him.  He took the bags, got in the car, and texted Deana.  His driver would take the bag back to Justin’s place after dropping him off at Deana’s.  He buzzed when he arrived at her apartment, and was amazed at the woman he saw standing at the door to greet him.



Deana had finished laundry, looking through her closet as she put things away.  She looked through her dresses.  Not the black one, she thought to herself.  She pulled out one, giving it a once over.  “I forgot I had you, old friend…” she said aloud.  She slipped it on, starting on her hair and makeup.  She pulled her hair to the side, pulling it up and away into a fancy bun.  Her makeup was a silver eye with black liner and mascara.  Simple, but she looked elegant.  The dress was a midnight blue, sleeveless body, but had floral lace sleeves and overlay.  It went to her knees with a slight flair at the waist.  The lace sleeves stopped just before her elbows.  Even though they were staying in, she wore a pair of silver heels she’d bought but rarely wore.  

By the time she finished getting ready, her phone buzzed.  On my way with dinner.  Can’t wait to see you.  I don’t care if it’s only been a couple of hours.

She sat on the couch waiting for him to buzz.  She buzzed him in, waiting by the door for him to knock.  He knocked gently.  As she opened the door, she was eye level with him, and sucked in a deep breath at the sight of him.

“Beautiful,” he signed, putting the bags down where he stood to kiss her, his hand cradling the back of her neck.  She hummed against his lips.

“You’re not so bad yourself.  Did you need to dress up for your appointment?”

He shook his head.  I could've worn something less dressy, but I didn't want to spend any more time away from you than I had to.  You really do look amazing.  You get more beautiful every time I see you.  

Deana blushed.  She helped bring the bags to the kitchen table.  “Wow, there’s so much food!” she gasped.  “Almost a little bit of everything…”

I wasn’t sure what all you liked, so I got us a variety of my favorites…

She instead moved things to the kitchen counter, giving them more room to put their plates together and sit at the table.  She took a couple stuffed mushrooms, bruschetta, and caprese salad before moving on to the entrees.  She took half a piece of chicken parmigiana, half a piece of chicken piccata, ravioli, and some fettuccine alfredo with shrimp.  

He got waters, as well as glasses for the bottle of white wine they gave him.  Deana held up her wine glass.  “To making the most of our time together.”  He raised his glass and clinked it with hers.  They ate in silence, his phone was away and she didn’t want him to get it out.  They smiled and blew kisses at each other throughout their meal.  The food was excellent.  “I’d love it if we could go wherever this is from for one of our dates, this is all so wonderful.  I’m sure the restaurant itself is just as amazing.”  Justin nodded, smiling at her.

She wants to go not to be SEEN, but to eat good food, he thought.  It would be a special night out, not feeling like “slumming it” compared to other restaurants in the City.  I can’t wait to show her all these great restaurants and have her enjoy it for what it is, time together having great food.    

They put the extra food away. “Shall we?” she asked, nodding towards the bedroom. He nodded slowly. “Any requests?”  He gave her a confused look. “Of what to wear next?”

Put on a t-shirt and lounge pants and we can talk. 

Her stomach sank a bit at his reply. Were my outfits TOO sexy? Not sexy ENOUGH? she wondered. She changed in the bathroom while he sat on her bed. She opened the door, her stomach full of nervous knots, slowly crossing to sit next to him, giving some space between them. 

He grabbed her waist and pulled her close to him. Are you ok?

“I don’t know. It depends on what we have to talk about…”

He nodded, now understanding her hesitation. He sighed. I almost wonder if we’re moving too fast.  You keep wanting my input on things, what to wear, like it matters what you wear when we’re together. 

“I just want to look nice for you.”

Are you comfortable in the newer stuff you’ve worn before we fool around?

“Is that what this is about?  I just figured since you’ve seen most of my options, you could pick a favorite for tonight. Danielle told me the material types to get, but I picked out the styles I thought...oh… shit…”

He looked at her, confused. “I DID buy them hoping you would like them. I mean, to answer your question, yes, I’m comfortable wearing them, but mainly for you. I know guys tend to be more visual…”

I don’t need you in some sexy outfit to find you sexy. I want you to wear what YOU feel sexy in. The attitude you have is the more important piece. 

“So I shouldn’t wear sexy stuff for you?”

I didn’t say THAT.  He laughed. I’m just saying I’ll find you sexy, want to do all KINDS of things, even if you’re wearing what you have on right now. In fact, let me show you it doesn’t take sexy clothes to get things going. 

He kissed her deeply, his tongue dancing with hers, his hands slowly roaming her body. Her moans echoed in their mouths as he laid her down on the bed. 



“Wow,” she gasped, as he settled in next to her in the bed. “That… just… wow.”  He nodded, his head against her chest. “You really think I’m sexy wearing THIS?”

Absolutely. It’s the PERSON I find sexy, not the clothes. The clothes just accentuate things. 

“I may have to rethink some things then…”

He sat up a bit and looked at her. 

“I have something picked out to wear for our first time.  But maybe…”

If you feel sexy in it, wear it. Don’t just do it for me. Wear it for you, too.  You are beautiful no matter what you wear, I promise. 

She blushed a little. He kissed her gently. “You are beautiful,” he signed. 

“You really think so, don’t you?” she asked. 

Why SHOULDN’T I? You are an amazing woman, Deana, inside and out. You’ve been overlooked for so long, but you are. I really wish you could see yourself the way I see you. 

Tears started to form, trying not to cry. He pulled her close, stroking her hair and kissing the top of her head. 

“Maybe that’s why my relationships fail, I put my worth in someone else and it just gets too tiring for them…”

I will spend the rest of my life helping you see how beautiful you are, if you’ll let me…

“Are you…?”

No. Not yet.  Does it scare you that I feel that way?

“A little?  It’s just so fast.”

How long were you with Morgan before you knew you wanted to marry him?

“Honestly? I thought he could be it during our first date. We had so much in common, he was funny…”

It’s been almost 2 months, definitely not the first date anymore.

“It took me a year of convincing him before he proposed…”

You won’t need to convince me. If, hopefully WHEN we get there, it’s because that’s the next step. It’ll feel right, and be when we’re ready for it. I’ll stop bringing it up so I don’t scare you, but why start something at our age that doesn’t have that potential?

“I get that. If we were just doing this for fun we wouldn’t be having this conversation. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Why waste time with someone you don’t see yourself with long term? Ok. The only reason my guard is up is because of my past. I’m absolutely a hopeless romantic, but my anxiety keeps bringing up the past out of fear that I’ll repeat it.”

I understand that side, too. After losing my ex, I promised myself that if I ever found anything CLOSE to that again, I wasn’t going to screw up again. I’m putting all my cards out on the table, no games, just open and honest with where I’m at. Take it or leave it. 

She looked deep into his eyes. “I’ll take it. You have accepted me for all that I am, how can I not do the same?  I hate playing games, and I’ve been ready for something real for a long time.”

 

They kissed, soft and gentle and sweet. “I’ve never felt as safe and cared for as I do when I’m in your arms…”  He squeezed her tight. 




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story