Lynn and Paul had flown back home, soon Justin’s dad and the other side of his family would fly in. He was up early for when they got in from their flight. 


He dressed, a t-shirt and jeans, wearing the scarf Deana made for him along with a jacket and black beanie. He put in his mobile order, his tea and drinks for his family. 


He walked into the Starbucks, seeing Michele with his drinks. 


“Bigger order, family in town for the holidays?”  He nodded, taking the drinks, and giving her a smile. 


He walked out and headed back to his place, excited to see more family.



“Admit it, you LOVE that he comes in here,” her coworker said. 


“It’s a definite perk of this location. I had no idea when I first got brought on here. It’s been nice, as a fan, to see him while he’s on vocal rest. He easily could’ve gone anywhere else.  I am gonna miss it when he’s back on tour.”


“You’re his favorite, he only comes when you’re on shift.”


“He’s just such a nice guy. You’d figure someone off his status would be more stuck up. He’s down to earth and just a regular guy underneath.”


“Admit it though, you’d be with him in a heartbeat if you could.  Let’s say he asked you out, where would you wanna go for dinner? What would you wanna do?”


“I don’t know. My idea of fancy restaurants is so different from his. Maybe that might be ok. I’d be in it for being with HIM, not what he buys me, where he takes me.”


“What would you do if he wanted you, like, you know?” she asked suggestively. 


“Oh I have no idea. It’d be a once in a lifetime chance; but I haven’t even slept with the guy I’m seeing, and it’s been 2 months…”


“Girl…”


“Don’t start. I already get it from Dani.”



Deana got home from work, no texts from anyone was making her feel a bit lonely. She pulled out her poncho project and found something to  mindlessly watch as she knit. 


Her mom had given her almost a week’s worth of food, hearing some up for dinner. She was in the middle of eating when her phone buzzed. 


Hey, it’s been a crazy day, but I’m home and can talk. 


She smiled. What all did you do?


We got a boat for the day and we were out for a while, we took turns on jet skis. 


Sounds fun. My sister and the boys are here through the weekend, so I’m sure they’ll wanna do something since I’m not working weekends. 


Do you get to see them often?


No, they live a few hours away, so they always come here on school breaks.  The boys will actually be here for the whole break, my sister goes back on Sunday I think. Then my parents will drive them back the following weekend. 


I wish I had time to see you. It’s been a rough couple days not really being able to talk or see you.


Me too. Tonight’s Friday night and we can’t do our usual date night. 


Are you missing ME, or the fooling around? ???? he teased. 


Can’t I miss both? ????


I suppose. Can’t have one without the other. 


Since we’re just texting, maybe we could do a test run off when you’re on tour?


As far as what?


I think kids these days called it ‘sexting’. 


Justin’s eyes widened. You sure?


Why not? It’s just us. For starters, what do you have in mind for our first time? I’m sure you think about it, I know I do. 


Her confession shocked him a bit, but he smiled knowing she’s more comfortable with the whole thing. Well, I dunno. I’d need to know you’re ready. 


Let’s say it’s at my place. Would you use any of the stuff in my drawer?


The condoms because duh. I could see me using the blindfold on you…


Yeah? Why the blindfold?


Make the experience more intense for you when you can’t see what I’m doing until I do it. 


He thought to himself, and so my tattoos don’t give me away…


That sounds great.  What else?


At some point maybe the handcuffs. What do you like about being cuffed?


It forces me to focus more. It takes power away from me and puts it all on who I’m with. I have to just hold on to whatever I’m cuffed to when it all starts to get intense. 


I can see the appeal in that. Anything else I should know about?


Well you know about my ears. I like when my hair is pulled, but lightly. To me that’s your version of being cuffed, something to channel focus and energy into.  Anything I should know about you?


Well, I’m very into how the woman I’m with reacts and responds to things. For me, the more I make it about HER, the better it is for both of us in the end. 


So I’m blindfolded and handcuffed, what would you do, what would you touch?


I have a pretty good idea of what touches get certain reactions from you at this point. I guess you’ll just have to find out once you’re ready. How will I know that you’re ready?


Oh, I think you’ll know before we even start…


And with that I’m calling it a night. Hope to talk to you this weekend, if not just to say hi and that I miss you. I can’t wait to see you on Tuesday for karaoke. 


Don’t forget it’s a pajama party theme. Still haven’t seen you in pajamas except mine ????


You will on Tuesday.  Good night, sweet dreams. 


Deana looked through the conversation they just had. I think Tuesday just got a lot more interesting...



The weekend was busy, each of them with their families. Justin spent a lot of time with his brothers, Deana with her nephews. They sent goofy pictures to each other, quick texts checking in, but no real conversations. 


Deana got ready for the New Year’s Eve party at her brother’s. She wore her black dress, matching heels, and had her hair in a low side ponytail. She wore a long silver chain necklace, silver bracelets, and silver eyeshadow with black liner and mascara. 


She sent a picture of herself to him. Beautiful, babe. I wish I was there. Tonight will be boring here in comparison. 


He of course knew that was a lie. He was hosting a party, but no one would understand calling him Bruce or not having his cover blown by the end of the night. He needed some kind of normalcy back in his life, he just wished Deana could be part of it. 


FaceTime right before midnight to blow each other kisses? she texted back. 


Sounds good. I can’t wait to see you tomorrow. 


We’ll start the new year off right. This is our year. 


He smiled, having a good feeling about where things were going between them. 



Deana was having an ok time at the party. She missed Justin, it had been almost a week since she’d last seen him in person. Everyone else there was couples, she felt so alone despite being surrounded by friends. Danielle was already half drunk, hanging all over Jonathan. She slowly sipped her drink, wishing she could drink more. She had work the next day, a mid shift much to her surprise. She would crash there just after midnight to get a decent night’s sleep, even bringing a change of clothes for work. 


She’d take pictures with Dani to send to Justin, but they weren’t the truth. She’d almost rather be home at this point if she couldn’t be with him. 



Justin’s party was in full swing. As host, he dressed up a little, but it wasn’t a black tie affair but any means. He was having fun, seeing friends he hasn’t seen in a while. He’d been cleared to have a couple drinks, sipping slowly on his glass as he mingled with friends and guests. 


He was afraid to tell any of them about Deana, admittedly knowing she wasn’t exactly what anyone thought she SHOULD look like. They all noticed he was really happy, but he chalked it up to life getting back to normal. He knew that was only part of it, the major reason being Deana. 


It was one minute to midnight when Justin FaceTimed Deana. Music at either party made it hard to hear each other, they snuck off into empty rooms. 


“I’m miserable without you here,” Deana admitted. 


“Me too,” he mouthed. 


They headed back out to their parties with fifteen seconds to midnight. They counted down together before mouthing “Happy New Year” to each other and blowing kisses. 


“I’ll see you after work…” she said. They blew each other one last kiss before ending the call. 


Justin wondered if he could slip out to see her. He could get a cab or something, he was nowhere near Times Square, give her a quick kiss, then head back. 


He decided that’s exactly what he was going to do. He made sure no one was around the front door, slipping out and downstairs. He caught a cab and headed to her place. He realized she’d said the party was at her brother’s. 


Hey, quick question. What’s your brother’s address?  I wanted to see you but realized I have no clue where you are. 


Deana had started getting ready for bed when her phone buzzed. She smiled that he was willing to come see her. She sent him the address, got back in her outfit, fixed her hair, and waited in the lobby for him. 


She saw the cab pull up, with Justin signaling to the driver to give him 5 minutes. Justin walked towards the lobby, seeing her there waiting for him. 


She smiled. “I’m so glad you came. Tonight wouldn’t be the same without kissing you…”


He nodded, took her in his arms, and kissed her deeply. His fingers in her hair, a low hum coming from her lips. 


She slowly broke the kiss. “I’ll see you after work, we can finish this then.”  He smiled, gave her a quick kiss on the lips, then headed back to the cab. 

 

She went back up to the apartment and got ready for bed. “Yup”, she said out loud, “this is gonna be our year…”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story