The girls had made significant headway on getting things sorted, packing some things away in boxes.


“I’ll talk to Mom, see if I can store some stuff I really don’t use, but want to keep, at their house in my old room.  If I downsize enough, maybe it’ll all fit in my closet so I won’t need a storage unit.”


“You need a storage unit just for your knitting and yarn…” Danielle teased.


“Yeah, I think I need to donate all the stuff I’ve been holding on to.  None of it ever sells, I’m not active enough on social media, so maybe give it to J to donate to the hospital, like the hats and scarves and stuff.”


“He’s private practice, but I’m sure he has connections.  It’s up to you.”


“We can see how much there is and go from there…”


“Have you heard from Bruce yet today?”


“No, they have a show, I think.  I don’t really know his schedule.  He normally tells me if it’s a travel day or show day.  Yesterday was travel, so maybe he has a show.  In less than 2 weeks he’ll be back here, that’s all I’m excited for.  I dreamed about him, the ending was sexy as hell, he held me, looked into my eyes, and we had this slow kiss, it was amazing.  Then I woke up.”


“What a way to wake up, though,” Danielle laughed.


“Should I text him, or wait for him to text me?”


“It’s 2019, you can text him… If he’s busy he’ll text when he can.”


She got her phone.  Hey, hoping you’re having a good day.  Hanging out with Dani, going through a bunch of my stuff, reorganizing things…  She snapped a selfie with Danielle, Danielle getting the best angle possible.


Glad you two patched things up.  Show day today, feeling better about things now that we’re talking.  Still distracted, but in a good way.


Break a leg, or whatever.  Things are starting to feel more normal again, I like it.


Me too.  Get back to Dani, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.


“Seems like things are going better between you two…” Danielle said.


“Yeah, I hope so.  Otherwise what we’re doing is a complete waste of time.”


“I wouldn’t say that.  It’s still good to go through everything, get rid of stuff you aren’t using anymore.  It’s healthy.  Speaking of which, how is the healthy living going?”


“I took a little break with everything that happened, but I’m ready to get back into it.  Finding a lot of recipes I want to try.”


“I’ll gladly help you taste test them if they’re anything like the brunch you made us,” Dani laughed.


“Let’s have J over for a movie night.  But promise me one thing…”


“What?”


“If you start to have urges, just go back to his place.  I really don’t need to hear my brother…”


“Is now not a good time to tell you you probably already have…?”


“Eww, really?  Well, don’t let that happen tonight.  You can go have make up sex at his place.”


“Well now that you put that thought into my head… why bother having him come here at all?”


“Whatever, I just know he missed you and hoped you could patch things up.”


“I’m gonna call him right now, tell him I’m coming home…”


“I’m gonna go barf, then keep cleaning things out…”


Danielle grabbed her purse and headed out, leaving Deana alone in the apartment for the first time since Wednesday morning.  It looked and felt different with moving some things around, getting rid of clutter, but it still haunted her a bit.  She got out her poncho project and decided to watch a movie.  She was close to finishing, wanting to try and get it done to show Bruce.  She didn't feel right calling him Justin anymore after talking to the REAL Justin.  I miss calling him babe, but it’s not a good time.  Once everything is settled and back on track, I can try it out again.  Right now it just feels too desperate.  



Deana woke up the next morning, looking at the picture frame.  “We’ll get back to that level of happiness again,” she said aloud.  She had always been a morning person, and since talking to Bruce again, she found she was in better moods.  


She took a longer shower, letting the water just wash over her, taking advantage of some of the self care stuff she’d found in reorganizing.  She found a sugar scrub she’d forgotten about, enjoying the smell of the scent along with how smooth it made her skin feel.  She got dressed, putting on clean PJs for a day of lounging around the house before going to the gym with Danielle.  She put on a face mask she found.  She looked in the mirror.  


“I look ridiculous, I need to send a picture to Bruce,” she laughed.  She added a little goofy face, sticking her tongue out.


Self Care Sunday morning at its best.  She sent it to Bruce and Danielle in separate texts.


Justin smiled seeing her picture.  Is it bad I find you sexy in this picture?


I have a face mask on, my hair in a messy bun, and my tongue hanging out of my mouth, and I’m sexy?  You’re certifiable…


Oooh, another song to put on the playlist, I Drive Myself Crazy…


Now you’re just trying to make me laugh…


Is it working?


Yes.  


Good.  Then my job is done.  Travel day today, then we get a day off before a show in Texas.  Plenty of time to text if you’re free.


I’ll keep that in mind.  Gotta go rub in what’s left from the face mask, then have breakfast and work on finishing my poncho.  I’m almost done, I can’t wait for you to see it.


I look forward to seeing it.  


She took the face mask off, rubbing in what was left on her face.  She made a veggie scramble and sat down to watch more Jane the Virgin.  She liked to watch last week’s episode again before watching the new one, just to make sure she didn’t miss anything.  


Danielle buzzed earlier than expected, Deana was in the middle of an episode and still eating breakfast.


“You’re up early,” Deana chirped.


“I don’t think I ever went to sleep last night…” she sighed. 


“Ewww…”


“Not THAT. Ok, yes that. But also THIS…” she held her left hand up. 


“Oh my gosh Dani!” Deanna squeaked, hugging Dani. 


“So I called him, and he said he’d take me out to dinner. It was super romantic. After dinner we went for a walk, he stopped at this beautiful little spot that had tons of twinkly lights in the trees and stuff. He told me how much of an idiot he’d been and how much he couldn’t live without me, got down on one knee. I said yes before he could even ask.”


“He told me he was gonna propose, but I didn’t realize he meant this weekend.”


“Finish your breakfast and we can hit the gym, gotta make sure I look good in my wedding dress!  Oh, will you be my maid of honor?  I mean, I can find some other way to ask, go over the top…”


“Not necessary. Of course I will, sis…”


“People always thought we were related, not we actually will be.”


“Lemme finish up here, then I’ll get changed. Maybe even a ‘ready to him the gym’ selfie to Bruce. It’ll pair nicely with the one I sent him earlier.”


“Yeah?” Dani asked. 


Deana showed her the picture and his reply. 


“See, things will be back to normal between you two before you know it. Telling you you’re sexy is a step in the right direction.  Now hurry up!!”



Later that afternoon, Deana sent Justin the gym selfie. She was wearing a black sports bra and black spandex sports that went to her knees. 


Hitting the gym to fit into a bridesmaid dress!  Dani and J got engaged last night. #teambride 


Tell them congrats. Looking good, btw ????


Are we back to flirting?


I guess? Is it flirting if it’s true?


Anyway, they’re having the family get together to celebrate, a small engagement party around when you’ll be here. If you’re still in town, you’re more than welcome to come. Hopefully with the focus on them, there won’t be pressure on me that night. 


We’ll see. Would you wanna come to a birthday party for Justin?


Really??


Why ask if I didn’t mean it?  You’re not gonna leave me for him, are you?


I mean, it’s Justin Timberlake, I just might ???? 


He laughed. Maybe telling her wouldn’t be such a bad idea… he thought. No, wait until the birthday show. It’ll be worth the wait for her. 


As long as you come back to me. 


Tuesday will give you my final answer, she teased. 


I’ll let you get back to things, sleep well if I don’t talk to you before bed. 


Good night, babe


Good night, beautiful. 

 

“Well, I guess babe is back on the ok list,” she sighed to herself.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story