The next few days were spent between work and packing things up.  Court with Paul was the beginning of February, then she could leave everything behind and be with Bruce.  Things were back to normal, texting back and forth, flirting, sending pictures to each other.


Deana sat on the couch, finally finishing the poncho.  She snipped the last bit of yarn off, wove in the end, and put it on.  She snapped a selfie for Bruce.


It looks great, you did an amazing job.  You should wear it to Justin’s birthday party.


I still can’t believe I get to be in a room with Justin Timberlake, celebrating his birthday.


“If you only knew,” he chuckled to himself.  I can’t wait for you to be at the show.  I upgraded you and Dani, I’ll send you all the info the day of the show on where to go and when.  Justin was really great in letting me do it.  He’s got some special things planned for that night, so it should be a great experience for you girls.


You spoil me.  I’m just glad you’ll be back in town soon.  Karaoke is tomorrow, and I have some great songs in mind.  There’s NO way you’ll misunderstand these ones.  And since it’s a travel day, you can watch the video feed live.  


When is your brother and Dani’s engagement party? I wanna make sure I get them something. 


Saturday afternoon. 


Perfect, then I’m taking you out on a date, you and that black dress. 


I’d forgotten about that. 


I hadn’t. Obviously. I can’t wait to see you, hold you, kiss you. 


This month has been torture on so many levels, it’ll be nice to bookend it with being together. 


Just putting it out there, is it ok if we wait a bit before we do anything again? I have this whole idea in my head, but it won’t be for a few days. 


I’ve waited this long for you, I can wait a few more days. 


I gotta get going, one more show and then I’ll be on my way to see you. Oh, quick question- favorite JT song?


Mirrors. You looking for more songs for our playlist?


Something like that. Talk to you later. 


She smiled, things were good again, for everyone. 



The next morning, Deana was at work. 


“So, I hear your boyfriend is coming back into town…” her coworker teased. 


“Yeah, I can’t wait…”


“Oh, you meant the actual guy. I meant Justin…”


“Either way, I’m excited. Bruce pulled some strings and upgraded my seats for the show on Thursday. I’m glad I have Friday off, I’m gonna be a zombie and have no voice after the show.”


“When does Bruce get in?”


“Wednesday. They had a show in Denver last night, they’re on the way back on the buses.”


“I’m glad you’re happy again. There was a stretch you weren’t quite yourself.”


“Yeah, I’m glad it’s over.”  


On her break, she talked with her manager. 


“So I wanna use my vacation time, but I’m also taking a leave of absence after that. There should be time to find a replacement or pull from another store.”


“Is everything ok?”


“Great. My boyfriend is coming back into town tomorrow, then I’m gonna be traveling with him for a bit before coming back in mid April. Nothing too long term, but yeah.”


“When would this start?”


“The end of next week.”


“A bit short notice, but I think we can swing it.”


“Thank you so much, I’ve been feeling guilty about asking, but it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.”



Justin was at the hotel packing his things. There was a knock at the door. 


“Good morning,” he said. 


“Good morning,” his assistant said. “Everything is set and ready for you.”


“Great. Deana is gonna be so surprised…”

  


Jonathan and Danielle were over for dinner before karaoke. 


Deana went into her room to change. She grabbed her phone. 


Getting ready for karaoke, what should I wear? Not the same outfit as the last night you were there…


Your cream colored sweater. That’s my favorite. I can’t wait to see your face, hear you sing.


And soon you’ll see me in person. I wish it was tonight, but I know it’s a long bus ride from Denver.


Soon, baby, soon. 


I gave notice at work. I’m there till the end of next week, using my vacation time, then on a leave of absence until April. 


What if it was longer?


Are they extending the tour?


No. But what if you just focused on your last semester, no work? We’d be living together at that point so you wouldn’t have to worry about bills. 


What if I went to work part time? I love my job, oddly enough. 


If that’s what you want, fine.


We have plenty of time to talk about it the next couple months. I can’t wait to see you. 


The feeling is mutual.




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story