Author's Chapter Notes:

Short chapter

She headed out to the arena floor, taking a spot where Justin suggested. She grabbed a drink from the bar, and a young man next to her offered to pay. 


“Oh, thanks, but my boyfriend is part of the crew, so it’s on a tab…” she blushed. 


A guy wanted to buy me a drink. I’m not used to this attention…


Cuz you’re fucking HOT, babe. What did you tell him?


That my boyfriend is part of the crew, so it goes on a tab. Not sure if that’s how it works, but it seemed to be enough that he backed off.


Be prepared to get hit on, beautiful thing like you, especially in an outfit like that. There’s definitely security around if anyone is too drunk and starts trying to get fresh. 


We’ll see. I see more women than guys around me. What do I even say if a guy actually brings me a drink? Like, he’s clearly already paid for it.


If you’re not at the bar, just decline. The last thing I need is you getting a roofie in your drink. I don’t care, I would cancel the show in a heartbeat to make sure you’re ok. 


I’d joke and just say I’m pregnant, but if anyone figures out who I am and takes that as gospel, we’re stuck. 


I’ll see you in a bit, definitely for that one song. Love you. 


Love you too. 


She put her phone away, sipping her drink. She started talking to the people around her, making friends. She put her earplugs in before everything started. She felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned and saw a man around her age. 


“You here alone?” he asked. 


“Why do you ask?”


“Wondering if I can interest you in a drink?”


“I’m good, thanks.”


“Come on, just one drink…”


“I’m good, THANKS,” she said forcefully. She made eye contact with a nearby security guard. 


“I believe the lady said no,” the guard said, stepping in. 


“You must get hit on a lot to handle yourself so well,” a woman nearby said. 


“Not exactly, no. I just know what to do, who to seek out. Last time a guy hit on me, before tonight, was when I met my boyfriend.”


The two got to talking, other women around them chiming in on getting hit on in weird places, guess coming up to them with a large group of friends, including guys, and being hit on while with their boyfriends. 


Soon the show started, and it was like she was with her best friends instead of complete strangers. She was screaming, singing, and dancing along to Justin’s set list. 


She got super excited when she heard “Rock Your Body” start, knowing he’d soon be mere feet away from him again. It took all his concentration to continue performing, his eyes focused on Deana as he danced, watching her dance along to the music. He bit his lip at one point, winking at her before moving on. The girls around Deana all looked at her, Deana acting like any other fan and freaking out a little. She knew acting like it was no big deal could be a red flag to other fans. 


Once the show was over, Deana headed to their bus to wait for Justin. He got on the bus sooner than she anticipated, and they headed to the hotel. 


“You didn’t take long tonight,” she said. 


“I’ll take a proper shower at the hotel. I changed my clothes, but that was about it beyond a quick towel down.”


It was a short drive to the hotel, they grabbed a few things before getting off the bus and checking into the hotel. She wasn’t surprised to know they got a suite, heading up on the elevator. 


“This is the kinda thing I could get used to, giant tubs I can soak in if needed…” she said, looking around their suite. 


“I’m gonna go shower, I’ll be right back,” he said, giving her a quick peck before going into the bathroom. 


Deana opened her bag, pulling an item out, and getting changed. She pulled her hair tie out, letting her hair loose. She laid on the bed, waiting for him to come out. 


She heard the door click open, and saw him come out in just a towel. She bit her lip at the sight of him. His eyes widened a bit and a smile widened across his face. 


“Something new, I see…” he chuckled with a low growl. “The color is amazing on you. What is that, coral?”


“I think so. Is that really what you have to say, you like the color?”


“I can’t appreciate the wrapping before I get to play with what’s underneath?”


“That was a terrible line, but you’re still getting lucky tonight…”

 

He held her close to him, removing the towel from around his waist. “Mmm, lucky indeed…”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story