The next morning, Justin’s alarm woke them up. Deana was slow to get out of bed. 


“You ok? Normally you’re the morning person of the two of us.”


“I’m sore…”


“Yeah, that was definitely a workout last night,” he laughed. 


“I wasn’t sure I’d be into it, but DAMN if it wasn’t an exciting experience.”


“I tell ya, it’s the quiet ones you gotta look out for…”


She stuck out her tongue at him. 


“You need me to bring breakfast in to you before I go?”


“No, I just need more time to walk down. I definitely won’t be working out today, maybe a nice hot soak in the tub…”


“You gonna go shopping today?” he asked. 


“We’ll see how I feel later.  If the bath helps, then yeah. I forgot we’re here for like a week, it’s nice to get these little breaks in while also on tour.”


“I think this is the longest stretch we’ll have. I do have a day or two planned for us in Vegas before the show, and a couple more days here for some of the shows around here. But we will get them spread through the rest of the tour.”


“Is it normally like that?”


“It depends on what else I have, how the schedule works out. I gotta get going, but I love you and I’ll see you later.”  He gave her a quick peck and left. 


She decided on taking her soak before having breakfast, since the tub was closer than the kitchen. She took a couple Tylenol and got the water running. It felt good to soak, just relaxing in the tub. She had to remind herself not to fall sleep, as comfortable as she felt. 


She got out as the water cooled down, getting dressed in jeans, her black shirt with the shoulder cutouts, and black ankle boots. If I’m gonna be seen shopping, I better look GOOD, she thought to herself. 


She called for the driver to pick her up. Her phone still out, she texted Justin. 


Hey, I’m going shopping. Any tips on where to go?  Hoping I’m not interrupting anything. Love you


Hey, not an interruption. Just let the driver know you want to go shopping, and he’ll take you to some great spots. Have fun, love you too. 


She made sure she had his card, feeling guilty, but knowing this was all his idea. 


The driver pulled up, she told him she wanted to go shopping, and off they went. It wasn’t Rodeo Drive, but she was in an area with a lot of fancy stores. She had a pair of sunglasses in her purse, pulling them out to wear while out and about. She could tell what types of stores to go into based on their name or the mannequins in front. Clothes shopping was always difficult for her, this time was no exception. 


She found a couple beauty stores where she got makeup to keep there at the house, hair styling stuff like a straightener, better product than what she’d been using, and got a consultation on a skincare routine; something she didn’t have the money for and felt like she lacked the time for before. 


She found a couple stores that carried clothes in her size, finding some things that she felt comfortable in, and a couple that were out of her comfort zone. 


Successful shopping trip, ready to head home, she texted Justin. 


The car came to pick her up, but was heading somewhere she didn’t recognize. They were nowhere near the right area for the house. 


“Where are we going?” she asked. 


“Slight detour,” he answered. 


The car pulled up to a building.  “Take your bags with you, and have a great rest of your day.”


She did as she was directed, admittedly confused. She put down the bags, phone in hand, when she heard a door open. 


“Great, you’re here,” Justin said, his face lit up with a smile. “If anyone asks, you were never here…”


He helped bring her bags in, walking her down a hall.  


They turned a corner into an open doorway. Deana dropped her bag, her jaw falling open. “Oh my God…”


“Hi, you must be Deana. Justin will not shut UP about you,” said the auburn redhead. 


“Anna…. Hi. Nice to meet you.”  Deana did her best to keep her composure. “He’s been talking about me?”


“Any chance he can get. He says we’re a lot alike…”


“Yeah, he told me that too.  Got me a couple of your movies to watch with my best friend, and said it was because I remind him of you.”


“He’s been a lot happier this time around. With the first film he was pretty Branch-ish…”


“That’s what I said!” Deana reacted. “Did he tell you what we did for a class I volunteer in?”


“No, what happened?”


Deana told about them reading a Trolls book to Ms. S’s class and dancing with the kids. 


“That’s really cute, Justin,” Anna responded. “I’m glad he found someone that makes him happy.”


Anna spotted the bags Justin had brought in.  “Ooh, did you go shopping?  Well, duh, of course you did…” she laughed and smiled awkwardly.


“See, another way you’re alike,” Justin laughed.  


“Yeah, just some clothes, some stuff to keep at the house so I’m not packing a ton of stuff every trip.  I’m excited, I got some skincare stuff, I am TERRIBLE at all of it, or at least I was.  I’m hoping these next couple months will get me into a habit so I’m better about it once we’re home.”


“Where will home be, here?” Anna asked.


“Deana’s from New York.  So we’ll be splitting our time between there and here, out here if I’m recording or filming.  If I’m on location somewhere, we’ll figure that out. There's a couple projects I’m hoping to get lined up around the end of the year.  We’ll be in New York for stuff like the holidays in December, but I figure if we need a break from the cold, come out here for a bit.  Though getting all the family together in Montana for Christmas might be nice, a change of scenery…”


“I’d suggest a short trip for that.  My parents, your parents, my brother and Dani, my sister and her kids, that’s a LOT of people in one cabin…”


“I’ve got the space, but we’ll figure that out.  December is still a while off.  I’m glad you found a ton of stuff though, babe.”


“Not gonna lie, the one big bag is the makeup, skincare, and beauty stuff.  I may need to do more shopping, places I know will have what I’m looking for.  That or just shop on Amazon…”


“Whatever you need, babe.  Don’t ask me why this popped in my head NOW of all times, but did your kitchen stuff get moved in ok before we left?”


“Yeah, it’s in a box on the counter.  I figure once we’re both back we can agree on where they should go.  I know that can be a tricky thing, how people organize their kitchen.”


“We’ll figure it out.  Well, I wanted you two to meet, you’ll be seeing more of her as we finish up the movie and do press and stuff.  I hope we get to go overseas, I’d love to take you with me, Deana...  Try and build in a little vacation so it’s not just a day or two of interviews and maybe a premiere.”


“Look at you,” Anna giggled.  “Ugh, you’re so cute with her!  What’s your Instagram handle, I’ll follow you on there…”


Deana gave Anna her info, feeling a little excited that she was getting celebrity followers.  She wasn’t as nervous as she had been.  She knew Justin had a plan with all of this, and it was working.  She smiled, realizing she was becoming more comfortable and that she could fit in with his celebrity friends.


“You ready to go home?  I’m done here for the day, we can figure out what other stuff you might want to get for the house.”


“Sure, let’s go home.  It was very nice to meet you, Anna.”


“It was nice to meet you, too.  I’m sure I’ll be seeing you around a lot more.  Take good care of him.”


“That’s the plan…” Deana sighed.


Justin grabbed the bags and led Deana to his car.  He put the bags in the backseat, opened Deana’s door for her, before getting in the driver’s seat.  


Before he started the car, Deana took his hand in hers.  “Thank you,” she said softly.


“For what?”


“Helping me get comfortable with your friends.”


“Caught on to my little plan, have you?” he laughed.


“It definitely worked.  Yesterday I felt really comfortable with JC and Lance, and got to know Jen and Michael.  Today I was a little nervous with Anna, but that quickly faded.  I still think meeting Beyonce will be a big deal, or Lady Gaga.  I don’t know, I’m starting to feel more comfortable though.”


“Then my plan is working.  I remember how you felt at my birthday party, and I don’t want you having a mini panic attack at an awards show or movie premiere.  These are my friends.  If I like you, they’ll like you.  If not, that’s on them, not you.  One thing’s for sure though.”


“What’s that?”


“You do take very good care of me.”


“I think we both do that… This has all felt like a dream at times, I’m getting more used to things, which is good.”


“Let’s head home,” Justin smiled.


“Can we go one more place on the way home?” Deana asked.


“Did you not find enough stuff?  Not that I’m complaining.  Sorry, let me start over.  Where do you wanna go?”


“Fredrick’s…”


“You need me to come in with you?” Justin asked with a smile.


“Only if you want to.  I think I can pick out stuff you’ll like on my own, but it would be nice to get your input.  I just wonder if your tastes are different than mine…”


“What does that mean?  I’ve liked everything you’ve bought so far, if that’s what you mean…”


“I dunno, I guess I assumed you like the barely there stuff, or where I feel like I’d be going to a BDSM club or something.”


“I gave that up YEARS ago,” Justin laughed.  “Totally joking, by the way… Are you trying to get me to imagine you in different outfits?  If so, it’s already working.”


Justin looked up the nearest location and had the GPS help him get there.  “Well, this will definitely turn a few heads, Justin Timberlake and girlfriend walking into a lingerie store…”


“Hey, it was MY idea, so they can get it twisted if they want, but we know the truth.  I wanted to go, I wanted your input, and I wanna wear one of them for you tonight…”


“Fuck the paprazzi, let’s go pick out some lingerie…” he said with a low growl in his voice.  


They parked and walked in hand in hand, not caring who saw them go in.  They looked around, holding up pieces for each other.  Most got nods, some were flat out nos.  Deana asked a store clerk for what size she’d need based on her measurements.  Once she had that info, they really started to see what was available and what each other liked.  They met in front of the dressing rooms to compare finds.


Deana was surprised by Justin’s choices of mostly lace and satin pieces.  “I like how it feels against my skin. It brings out your feminine side, adds to your beauty,” he smiled.  “It can be sexy without it having to be BDSM leather.”


“Does that mean you don’t like this?”  She held up a leather chemise with cutouts.


“I didn’t say I don’t like it, I just said you can be sexy without it.  Though imagining this on you, damn, that’s sexy too…”


Deana had grabbed a couple different robes, including one in baby blue.  “I had to.  Even at almost 40, I still have it in my head that it’s your favorite color.”


“My tastes have changed over the years, but it’ll look great on you, so get it.”


“I feel like there’s enough here to wear one every day for a month and not wear the same outfit twice…”


“That’s a good thing though, right?  That you have that many options from one store?”


“True.  It helps knowing where I can shop for things instead of hoping to find somewhere and being disappointed.  Malls have Torrid or Lane Bryant, but I’m not always wanting those styles.”


“Can we go home now?” Justin asked excitedly.


“Pretty sure I know why you’re so anxious to get home…”


“I think you’re right,” he laughed.


“Can it wait until after dinner?  That way we have all night?”


“Starting the foreplay early, making me wonder which one you’ll be wearing…”


“See, I know what I’m doing…” she said in a husky voice.


“That you do, that you do…” he chuckled. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story