Deana started unpacking her things, getting a load of laundry together.  This was the most normal she’d felt in weeks, doing her own laundry instead of Justin throwing it in with stuff for the show. 


It was mid afternoon, and Deana was famished after the flight. 


“I’m hungry, can we grab something to eat? I wasn’t sure what our schedule for today was once we got here,” she said. 


“Yeah, you wanna go just us or see if Trace and the girls wanna come?”


“If it’s not fancy, we can have them come if they want.”


“Lemme call and see. I know the perfect place.  Well, are we having a late lunch and dinner later, or just this?”


“I’m ok with just a late lunch/early dinner.”


“Perfect, finish unpacking whatever you need, get the laundry in the dryer, and we can head out once you’re ready.”


She wanted to look decent for them, changing into a nicer tee and her ankle boots, pulling her hair into a side braid.  She put on a little makeup, eyeliner and mascara and a little lip gloss.  She spritzed a little of her perfume, nodding in approval.


She walked down the hall to Justin sitting on the couch.  “Wow, you dressed up,” he smiled.


“THIS is dressed up?” she said, looking at herself.


“For here, kinda.  I mean, they have nicer places here, but everyone’s laid back here, I think you’ll like it.  I love Montana for being outdoors, but feeling like I’m HOME, I come here and get away from everything.  You’re not Sandra Bullock in ‘The Proposal’ fancy though, wearing designer dresses and high heeled shoes.  You look great, just relax.  It’s people you’ve met before, their kids.  Think of it like being with your sister and nephews.”   


“I can do that.”


“I feel bad asking this far into things, but is she a single mom?  I never hear you mention her husband…”


“He’s always busy with work.  She loves him, but he’s not a social guy.  They’ll go out on dates and stuff, but he doesn’t like to be around a lot of people.  He stays at home to get in extra hours at work and stuff when they come here.”


“Oh, I’m sure that’s rough on her, traveling alone with the boys.”


“It is what it is…  The boys are always happy when they’re with us, she does stuff with them after school and on the weekends.  It’s like she’s a stay at home mom, but she’s not.”


“Still, just relax, have fun with the girls.  They’re very special to me.  I may or may not have stuff for them in my bag…” he smiled.


“So it’s not just ME you spoil?  Suddenly I feel less special,” she teased.


“There are PLENTY of things I do with you that I don’t do with anyone else…” he growled in her ear, sending shivers through her body, making the hairs on the back of her neck stand on edge.  


They got into one of Justin’s cars and headed into town.  “Just a heads up, our usual diets go right out the window here.  I’m helping you get the BEST food here.  There’s a reason I have a gym here, cuz I like to splurge when I’m here.  I know you’ve been trying to be really good, but for the next few days at least, go wild.  Get the full Memphis experience.”


“I won’t be shy then about getting something that sounds good.”


They pulled into a parking lot, getting out of the car.  Justin took her hand in his, leading her down the street.  His gait was slow, very relaxed.  He looked around, noticing what had changed.  Deana looked around, feeling like she was in a movie.  The intersection ahead of them had stoplights on wires, not big tall poles with streetlights.


She saw the sign on the exterior of the building, “Arcade Restaurant”.  Justin opened the door for her, Deana walking inside. Justin scanned the restaurant, seeing Trace and the family at the largest booth in the place. Justin has her sit along the edge of the booth. Trace and Samantha sat with their girls between them in the booth. Deana sat next to Samantha, Justin next to Deana. 


The girls were polite, saying hi and waving to Deana, excited to see Uncle Justin.  Deana asked the girls about school, favorite shows, what they do for fun, trying to get to know them.  She watched Justin as he interacted with his “nieces”.  He was goofy, telling jokes, still very much himself but also very different.  She was seeing what he’d be like as a dad, not just a husband.  She smiled watching them interact.


“What can I get y’all today?” the waitress asked.  They all ordered, getting to Deana.


“Dive right in, right?” she sighed, looking at Justin.  “I’ll take a bacon cheeseburger, bacon cheese fries, and an apple pie shake.”  She looked at Justin.  “Or should I get something more normal, no booze in it?”


“You’re fine, you’ll LOVE it,” he smiled.


She nodded her head in affirmation.  “And a water, please.”


Justin ordered, then they went back to talking as they waited.  


“So how are you adjusting to things, Deana?” Samantha asked.


“Still getting used to things, but I’ve definitely gotten into the swing of the traveling and all that.  Now I’m getting recognized by fans, which so far is exciting.  I’m sure at some point that will be a negative experience, but for now it’s all been positive.  The best part is just being with him, seeing him do what he loves.”


“You’ve been with him on the road for about 6 weeks now, yeah?” Trace asked.


“Yeah, we’ve been all over.  Mostly West Coast, but a lot of back and forth.  A couple stays at the house in LA between shows.  That’s been the biggest adjustment, getting used to having different houses in all these places.  It’s nice, but a little intimidating at the same time.”


“You guys should come over tonight after this, hang out with the girls for a bit.  There’s still time before they go to bed,” Samantha offered.


“We’ll get the fire pit going out back, hang out a bit after the girls go to bed.”


“No, we wanna stay up!” the girls demanded.


“And now it starts.  It’s not even 3:00 in the afternoon and they’re refusing bedtime…” Samantha laughed.  


“Girls, if we come over, you have to go to bed when Mommy and Daddy say so, ok?” Justin said, somewhat firmly.  “If you’re not gonna listen, we won’t come over.”


“OK,” the girls sighed, resigned to their fate of a regular bedtime.


“With any luck, you’ll tire them out anyway, Justin,” Trace said.


Their food came, and it looked as delicious as it was unhealthy.  The spiked milkshake was delicious, she could taste a little of the booze without it being too much.  


They walked to their cars, Justin driving over to Trace and Samantha’s.  The girls bounced on the couch, wanting to watch Frozen for the millionth time.  


“I really like the movie, but having nephews I don’t get to watch it much.  They watch it with me when they’re over because they say I sing like Anna and Elsa.”


“You DO?” the girls asked excitedly.  “Can we watch so we can hear Deana, PLEASE?” they begged.


“Fine…” Trace gave in, turning on the DVD player, it was already waiting to go.


Justin watched the girls snuggle up to Deana, one on either side of her.  They stopped and stared at her as she sang along, sounding very much like the voices in the movie.  This came as no surprise to him, he knew she could sing, but the girls were in absolute awe.  


“You even have a braid like Elsa!” one of them pointed out. “But your hair is colored more like Anna’s…”


It had been a while since Justin had seen the movie with the girls, trying to remember the words.  They got to “Love Is An Open Door”, making eye contact with Deana, trying to sing with Hans.  As the movie continued, and they got to “Let It Go”, Deana got up off the couch.  As she sang along, she pretended to be Elsa, the girls getting up and following her lead.  Justin, Trace, and Samantha watched Deana and the girls sing and dance all over the living room.  Justin smiled, seeing what kind of mom Deana would be someday.


Justin looked at Trace, Trace giving him two thumbs up.  “She’s a natural,” Trace whispered to Justin.  


After the movie, Justin pretended to be Sven, carrying the girls on his back and he crawled around the floor.  They went in the backyard and played together for a while, hoping to wear out the girls before bedtime.  


Around 7:00, Samantha brought out some snacks for the grownups, giving the girls a light dinner after having so much at the Arcade.  By 7:30, it was bedtime.  “You still have school in the morning, girls,” Trace reminded them.  They groaned, but remembered their promise to Justin, going off to bed after giving hugs and kisses.  Deana was surprised when the girls kissed her on the cheek.  “Good night, princess Deana,” the girls giggled.


Trace took the girls to bed, Samantha, Justin, and Deana sitting by the fire pit, waiting for Trace.  


“They definitely like you,” Samantha said.  “You totally won them over playing Princess with them, and all of that.  I was a little worried since you only have nephews…”


“I got to let my inner child out, be the aunt I wish I could be to nieces, that I can’t be with the boys.  It was fun.  The boys like watching it because I sing, but I only see them a couple times a year.”


Trace came out, bedtime had been a success.  “Anyone want a drink?” he asked.


“I’ll have one, we can stay a bit before I drive us home,” Justin said.


“I’ll take one,” Deana and Samantha both said.


Trace brought out 4 beers, sitting around the fire pit.  “Took less time than normal, they didn’t fight, and I think you guys wore them out.  So thank you,” Trace said, tipping his beer to them.


“This is the most normal I’ve felt in weeks.  I got to do laundry earlier today, something I NEVER thought I’d miss, and being able to do something like this.  We definitely need to do something this week,” Deana said.


“We can do stuff while the girls are in school,” Samantha said.  “A perfect way to get time in without having to worry about what we do.”


“I wanna go back there tomorrow for breakfast,” Justin told Deana.  You HAVE to try the eggs redneck.  I’ll get pancakes and we can share, or not,” Justin laughed.  


“Let’s go after we drop the girls at school, so meet around 9?” Samantha suggested.


“I got us a tee time at 11, so we’re set for the rest of the day,” Trace laughed.


“I”m a little rusty while being on the road and stuff, so we’ll see how I do,” Justin sighed.


“You’ll still kick my ass,” Trace laughed. “You always do.  I hate it, but we have fun.”


“I know JUST the place to take you tomorrow,” Samantha said.  


“Peabody?” Justin asked.  Samantha nodded.  “Take her to Feathers…”


“What’s that?” Deana asked.


“Just wait and see,” Justin said.


They chatted a bit, letting the fire die down.  “Well, time to get this one home, I’m sure she’s tired after the plane and everything,” Justin said.


They said their goodbyes, and Justin drove them home.  “When do we see your mom?” Deana asked as they headed home.


“She doesn’t know we’re here yet.  We still have all of tomorrow before she thinks we even get in…”


“So much for being a mama’s boy…” Deana laughed.


“It was really cute seeing you with the girls today,” Justin said.


“Same,” Deana sighed.


“They ADORE you, I can tell already.  They’ve only met Jess, mainly cuz they weren’t alive before that, but you were SO great with them.  Definitely showed me what type of mom you would be.”


“You’ll make a pretty good dad, yourself,” she replied.


“Is it bad I really want to start our family sooner rather than later, especially after today?  I know it’s hard, I hear stories from Trace and Sam, but once they grow up a bit, it’s gonna be so much fun, too.”


“Not bad, just complicated.  Given your schedule, I don’t know when that would happen for us, at least right now.”


“I tell you one thing, though.  I’ve never been so turned on by something totally not sexy like watching you play with kids…”


“Ok, so that wasn’t just me?” Deana laughed.  “I literally felt the same way.”


“I mean, the night is still young, we need to break in the bedroom for you…” Justin growled.


They got back to the house, almost rushing to the bedroom.  


“Do I bother getting into lingerie, or just go from here?” Deana asked.


“I don’t want to waste a single second more.  I want you, now…” Justin breathed, pulling her close to him.


Clothes flew off in rapid succession, Justin laying her gently on the bed as he removed the last of her clothing.  His kisses were soft and tender against her lips, his touch gentle against her skin.  Sensual and passionate, but slow and tender.  


His touches on her skin made her moan, her need for him growing stronger.  “Justin, please…  I know our usual routine, and it’s great, but I need you, now.  Make love to me, Justin.”


He kissed her gently, nodding in agreement against her lips.  She spread her legs to bring him closer to her, eliciting a soft moan from both of them as he entered her.  He pressed as much of his body against her as possible.  His pace slow and purposeful, kissing her lips, cheeks, and neck as their bodies danced together.  Her fingers pressing into his back, holding him close to her as they released.


“That was perfect,” Deana breathed, riding the euphoria she felt.  It was similar, but different.  


“I know.  I love when these moments happen.  As focused as I can be on pleasing you, hearing the sounds you make, when we strip that all back, there’s still us, being together in that moment.  I don’t know that it would have gone this way if you’d changed into lingerie, even the softer stuff I picked out.  Tonight was more about the connection between us than the raw passion and sexual heat.  When that fades, which it will, we’ll have more moments like this one, and it will be beautiful.”

 

Deana fell asleep beside him, Justin joining her soon after.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story